The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nettle's Application!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nettle

Nettle's Application! Empty
PostSubject: Nettle's Application!   Nettle's Application! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:09 am

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Around three years!

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
Very! I'm English so it should be second nature; though I have made sleepy mistakes.

What experience do you have with role-playing in the past?
I've been role-playing for ever! I started out on tabletops and moved through lots of Free MMORPG's, finally finding my way to World of Warcraft. it's hard to plot my path backwards but I've been at it for around six or seven years.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I raid, I do arena and I have been Role-playing the on sha'tar almost since it opened. I was honoured enough to see the siege of Orgimmar, the conflicts between Horizon and The Essence and the days of Burnheart. Though most of this I spent on the Allience, it's only lately that I have been progressing my characters stories beyond the small world of Humans and into the new lands of the Horde. ( I must say I am very impressed by the standards I have seen so far, Hassier is not only a lovely person OOC but the situation leading to me writing out this application form was a bite size chapter of epicness. Thank you!)

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Well! I hope I will fit in, this is the kind of question I fear in job interviews so without blowing my own trumpet I get along with people just fine, I pride myself with a typical sense of humor and I am perfectly comfortable with speaking over a microphone. Those tri-qualities have got me where I am, if I talk about myself anymore it will take away the joy of meeting me!

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I play as much as I can, my spare time is mostly spent either painting or playing WoW.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
At the moment I would love the reach 80 on Nettles, though the nearest hint of RP is enough to fish me in.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I was very impressed by the standard of Role-play I was blessed with seeing, even if I was knocked out and smuggled into a bush it was like being at a cinema and that's exactly why I love to role-play. Without giving away too much about Nettle, the loyalty to the Queen and the shadowy antics fits perfectly with the kind of story I have planned for her.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Nettle
Title: The Blind Scribe
Current Occupation: Researcher and practitioner of the Light

Race:
-Undead Human

Level: 12 (Rapidly growing!)

In-game Class & Spec': Priest, Discipline
IC Class: Scribe (I hope that works, something like a librarian without the feebleness.)

Hair Colour: Faided Brown
Eye Colour: Blind
Height: 5'5

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

I feel Nettles will fit best in the Apothicary Society as she is a researcher, yet an activist though intelligence and drive. Though she possesses no physical prowess her mind is a void of ever expanding knowledge. She is loyal to her betters on the basis of necessity and understands value over morality. Instances that a human would cringe or avoid Nettle has no issues with, such as handling corpses or concocting vulgore potions.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
She is indecisive, she understands the values of the alliance with the horde but like the general population of forsaken she holds no true loyalties. She tends to act motheringly to Elves through pitty, though spiteful and at times cruel to other races such as orcs.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
She doesn't. Though she isn't pleased by the influx of orcs in Undercity, finding the lack in trust her forsaken family now hold with the horde belittling and rude.

Family:
Nettle was wife to a Warlock, Mortanas, when she was human, though since their parting she has no family.

Character History:
She was born in Lakeshire under the name of Sophie Richmen, born and raised by father and mother to the age of seventeen. Through this upbringing she learned valuable life lessons and ideals, it was also at this stage she grew the foundations of her faith through light, provoked by her father, a keen practitioner of prayer and study. As she came of age her father requested she be sent to the cathedral in Stormwind to be trained as a priest; it was here, from the ages of seventeen to thirty four that she began to experience the true life changing choices that brought her the twisting reality she suffers now. Namely the enlisting in the royal military relief and aid contingent and meeting her first and last love, Doctor Mortanas Dawnside, a man of vast intelligence and views that would provide ease in her future second life. It was at the age of Thirty Four that she was sent to live her first taste of combat at Hillsbrad, healing and resting the wounded who fought and died due to the ever growing conflicts with the Forsaken. It was this very same realty that snatched her last breath as her patrol was ambushed and slaughtered. what seemed like moments later she re-awoke... Her head encased in leather straps, her draggled frame still clinging on to the bloodied garments she wore at the moment of perish. Though blinded and decayed she still felt pain and remorse, driven by her primal instinct to find Mortanas and be with her love once more through the actions of the Forsaken. She knew to serve would some day reap the rewards of a final meeting, be it on the battlefield or graveyard.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Nettle feels that through the service of the Queen, her path will someday cross with her old love and she can feel complete once more. It is this one wish that drives her forward with the loyalties and determination that has got her to the position she holds now.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Nettles is fluent in the arts of the Light and Shadow for skills of suffering or renewal. She is also a keen scribe, often writing tombs or records for research requested by client here and there.

How does your character respond to authority?
Obediently.

TEST OF ABILITY

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
I love this question as it is completely dependent on opinion and perception.
If we look at the general ideals of the forsaken they possess traits that, from a stereotypical standpoint make them evil in the eyes of people that oppose those ideas. For example the eradication of the so called vermin Scarlets would be from a moralistic humanist view completely and utterly unfair and wrong, though from a forsaken point of view is justified and good. Though the opposing view of the Scarlets paints the forsaken to be irrational thoughtless monsters that kill on sight with no real provoking antics required. Much like the thought process and feelings between a child and an ant.

a. The child kicks down the soft composs heap that sprawls and writhes in critters for fun, no harm is done as he returns tomorrow and the creatures and formed a new hill.

b. The evil, oppressive giant unreasonably destroys hours of hard labour in a careless heathenistic manor. After much toil the carnage is repaired back to a fitting home of architectural genius.

Conclusively the perception of good and evil is not a general term for every social group to conclude, it is purely down the the individuals contrasting views and opinions.

Though fair enough the forsaken are aesthetically reminiscent of the devil and the theme of unholy distribution opposes that of most mainstream religions we house in the real word. So from a design standpoint it would be guilt free to point out the abuse of skulls and tattered tailoring is a ploy on our general, hardwired ideals of good and bad given to us through life. It's all irrelevant when it comes to the realm of feelings and emotion as even a brute is capable of love and humor.

So I suppose I disagree, but not in a black and white sense, I simply feel the definitive factors of evil are directly reliant on the perception of the viewer rather then the general here-say of one party.

Phew that was a lot! I hope I did not miss anything out and I look forward to hearing back soon!
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Nettle's Application! Left_bar_bleue80/80Nettle's Application! Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Nettle's Application!   Nettle's Application! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:21 am

Accepted!
Contact Vraenesha in game for your IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Nettle

PostSubject: Re: Nettle's Application!   Nettle's Application! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Thank you thank you thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nettle's Application!   Nettle's Application! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nettle's Application!
Page 1 of 1