The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gorgothor La'Vey's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorgothor

Gorgothor La'Vey's Application Empty
PostSubject: Gorgothor La'Vey's Application   Gorgothor La'Vey's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:54 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Ages past..Since the golden days of Vanilla WoW. God I miss those times

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am quite confident with my English language always above the grades of 8 (Being through 4-10)

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
Well except for numerous years of World of Warcraft Roleplay I've spent a hobby before of writing small stories, might continue it for a concept, keeping it secret for now.. ;D

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
The entire Package of experience, Raiding End game bosses, PvP for honor or boredom spamming, And Roleplay as the ultimate time consumer.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
My Random Humor and secretly smuggled Muffins... (Don't tell Claudine)

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Well, Seeing as I'm starting to attend a bit more of a time consuming school program, I might surely be less online than usual.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Mainly, Have a good time really, and if I'm feeling generous help out a poor soul Razz

Why do you wish to join the guild?
Because of the Skilled, Familiar, Roleplaying Friends from the Apothecarium.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Gorgothor La'Vey

Title (if applicable): Former Grand Apothecary, Lord (Self Proclaimed after the killing of his Father) , The ''Patient'' ( 8D In-Game title and a joke )

Current Occupation: Unemployed (Hard to imagine, Huh?)

Age: Deceased at the Age, Roughly around his 40's before the scourge invasion of Lordaeron. Risen Shortly after the Invasion.

Race: Undead Human.

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': Destruction Warlock
IC Class: Warlock

Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Fel Green
Height: 2 Meters-ish

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
The Royal Apothecary Society, Of course due to his Past success as an Apothecary and Right hand man for the Deceased Darsolenew Duskmantle R.I.P Razz

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Gorgothor finds The Horde as only a tool, a means for the triumph of the Forsaken

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
A Despiser of Putress, since he basically ''Wasted the opportunity for releasing the blight too soon and made the Horde and Alliance aware of it''

Family:
Uhm, All deceased. Mauric Montrose (Brother), Emily Montrose (Mother), Lord Victor Montrose (Father)

Character History:

In the forests of Tirisfal Glades, Gerard Montrose was born, blessed with the powers of Arcane Magic at a young age, he was destined for studying the arts of becoming a Mage and perhaps something more, His Father Lord Victor Montrose, vaguely impressed of Gerards abilities, sets his pride on Gerard's Older Brother, Mauric to continue his footsteps and carry out his legacy as a Paladin. Gerards mother, Emily comforts the young mage to find that one day his father will indeed be as proud of him as he is of Mauric.

The Years pass by and nothing truly changes, Victor Neglects his younger son and glorify's Mauric more than ever. One Day at the age of 17, the curious mage ventures into the attic, and finds his fathers old Chest which contains great relics from his times in battle and service of the Silver Hand. He finds a dusty old tome with strange symbols and an odd alluring presence to it, opening it he finds a grander knowledge of ''Greater'' Beings, beyond this world, powers that few have witnessed, namely the Forbidden Fel Magic.

Studying in secret from his family the Months go on as he finally manages to conjure to his will a tiny beast, an Imp. Without further thought he rushes to his Family to show his newfound companion.
His Father furious with this aberration that his ''Son'' Had called he Smote the Imp with a holy blast.
- ''You are not my son! But some Foul Creature that has posessed him! Die!''

Struck in Fear, Gerard stares as his Father approaches to crush him under his Mace.
Before Victor Manages to Strike, Gerards Mother rushes infront of her son and takes the fatal blow onto her chest.

Gerard Flees into the Forests, hoping his father would never find him.

Distraught from the recent events he lays himself to sit by a tree, he weeps to his unfortune, his thoughts growing Darker he clenches a fist and his Eyes burst into a Fel Green flame.

They fade instantly as a soft female voice behind him curiously asks;
- ''Why do you weep?'' Gerard turns around to face the voice and he sees a beautiful Elf leaning on the tree beside him.
- ''Weep? I-I-.. was merel-..'' He hesitantly replies.
- ''Men, Always pretending that they have no emotions, How about we skip the entire excuse and get to the conversation?'' She interrupts.

Without further arguing Gerard begins to tell his life's story to the Elf, as he finishes the elf stares at Gerard for a brief moment before lashing at him en-wrapping her around him in her embrace. He doesn't say a word as she comforts him, and suddenly they kiss. They part their lips to glance at each other.

- ''My names Teralin''
- ''Mine's Gerard''
- ''I know'' Teralin giggles and kisses him deeply once more.

So they settle in a cottage deep in the Silverpine forest, The years pass on and they live happily together, unknown to Teralin, Gerard continues his studies for Forbidden magic, delving deeper into a Fel Addiction, he grows considerably powerful during the years and harbors that deep anger towards his Father for many years, yet only willing to use his powers to protect him and his Lover.

Until the day comes that Teralin, wouldn't return from her Mushroom collecting as she usually does, wondering where she has gone off to he searches for her in countless places, feeling tired he returns to their home, finding it only to be ransacked and mostly destroyed. Enraged, his Fel Eyes Flash into form and he quickly summons a dozen of demons to find the people responsible for this and where his Love Teralin is, uncontrollably he blasts numerous Trees and demons around him.

And then the voice of Teralin in a whimpering voice asks;

- ''S-s-so..it is true..''
- ''Teralin?! Where have you be-..'' Before he manages to end his sentence behind Teralin Two paladins Emerge and a handful of Lordaeron Guards
- ''What.. Are -they- doing here Teralin?''
- ''They t-told me I was in danger, F-from a power-..powerful d-demon disguised a-as-..''
- ''Don't Converse with it! It will only decieve you into it's grasp'' Victor interrupts.

Enfuriated by this he lashes out the Dark Draining Arts at his father, Mauric blocks the beam with his shield combined with Holy energy, a small fracture of the spell cross fires and hits Teralin, The injured Teralin is dragged away by Victor, and so Mauric stays behind with his Lordaeron Guards to finish Gerard off.

Ultimately with clever use of his surroundings Gerard wipes the guards by dropping a tree upon them, While concentrating the beam at his brother.
He focuses with one arm the Draining energies, while with the other arm he attempts to injure him with Bolts of Shadow, they are neutralized by Maurics Holy powers.

- ''You Always were the weaker one, Gerard!'' Mauric Taunts over-confidently.

What Mauric Does not realize is that behind him stands the several demons Gerard sent out earlier, they pounce upon him pinning him down.
Gerard marches off to his former Home, leaving Mauric at the mercy of the Demons.

Gerard arrives to his former home, hating every memory of the cursed place. He blasts open the door with furious force and crushes a couple of guards in the process, apparently Victor had prepared for this and called in a little bit more reinforcement than what Gerard had anticipated, outnumbered he finds no other solution than tearing the whole place apart. He immediately sets the curtains on fire, and actually rips the roof in two, weakening the structure. He runs out into safety only to find more Guards surround him, creating a ring around him, Gerard assumes attacking pose.
And from the crowd Victor steps forward to challenge his Son.

- '' Leave this Filth to me, I shall handle this.''

Quickly noticing that he is unarmed, Gerard focuses to block off any attack made against him by blasting any weak areas of his Father, managing this for several minutes he decides to approach another tactic, Gerard charges at his father a beam of unholy energy which Victor blocks with his shield leaning heavily against it not to loose balance. Attempting to increase his beam he manages to lightly injure his father, but Victor meets this injuries with a counter tossing his hammer at Gerard which hits him in the shoulder, he looses focus and the beam is released, Victor rushes instantly against him Gerard counters this rush by relentlessly barraging his father with volley after volley against his father, finally the shield cracks in twine Gerard drains Victor of his very essence and Victor falls infront of Gerards feet, without any further words, Gerard stares coldly down upon his father and Curses him with a searing electrocution, finally slaying Victor.

The guards still surrounding the battle, stare as their hero has fallen, one automatically rushes towards Gerard which is slain quickly, all of them rush against him. Gerard fires bolts of flame and shadow at every direction, yet the Guards are far to many and he is fatally stabbed from behind, the front and sides.

Ages pass until Gerard is awoken into a new silent and grim Tirisfal, rising from his grave in an unknown location, two Forsaken spots him.

- ''Look Fanric, another o-Fhwoom!'' The poor Forsakens head was engulfed by a firey blast. Gerard growls gutteraly
- ''What are you?''
- '' I-i, Am a Forsaken as are you..What is your name?'' Stutters momentarily as witnessing his companions corpse fall to the ground.
- '' I...Am...'' Gerard glances to a broken Gravestone and replies
- '' Lord Gorgothor La'Vey, Where may I find the closest settlement?'' The newly named Gorgothor asks.
- '' You can find the Town of Brill just East of here, now was it really necessary to ki- Fhwoom!''
- '' Your lives are meaningless to me, I have returned...and this world shall remember the day when I have taken my vengeance.''

Why does your character want to join the guild?
As Gorgothor is Currently unemployed he needs something to work on, and wishes to see what this new organisation of the Apothecarium has to offer

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
A form of Leadership, Destruction. And his knowledge of alchemy and battle tactics.

How does your character respond to authority?
Follows Orders, Yet Respect may be an issue, as he only respects those whom he sees worthy of it.

The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

I disagree with this statement, Yes the Forsaken are viewed as purely Evil and Savage, due to their Appearances and their cruelty, yet this is only a majority of Forsaken. Surely this is logical that when Viciously slain and then risen to undeath to fight for a cause not of their own will surely you would be enraged of such, Defiling of your mind and body, the most of them may be vengeance driven and have nothing else to cling to. As those few who had conciousness when risen they sought for their family for help, they were outcast and shunned by the living, only increasing their sorrow or rage, Truly Forsaken, so they adapt to their dark feelings and commit horrific acts to ''ease'' it. Yet not all necessarily ''have'' to be ''Evil''. Since they do have a mind of their own they can avoid to committing Evil acts. And also Evil, Is a point of view and which no one truly ever notices, no one can know they are or claim they are Evil or Good. Are the Naga Evil for attempting to Conquer lands of their own? Are the Amani Evil for slaying millions of Elves for trespassing on their lands, or are the Elves evil for destroying the Amani for their new land? No, all of these races and factions do have their own ideology and reasons for fighting.

Gorgothor La'Vey's Application Gerian10

Application & Background Story Written By Gorgothor La'Vey (Linus Linsén) 23rd of August year 2010

Last edited by Gorgothor on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Gorgothor La'Vey's Application Left_bar_bleue80/80Gorgothor La'Vey's Application Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Gorgothor La'Vey's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorgothor La'Vey's Application   Gorgothor La'Vey's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:59 am

Accepted of course!
I love your backstory and pretty much the whole application. If I could, and I really wish I could, I would force everyone to write an application as good as yours.

Contact Viatrix or Vraenesha in game for your IC interview!
Back to top Go down

Gorgothor La'Vey's Application
Page 1 of 1