The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rothas Garavel - Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rothas

Rothas Garavel - Application Empty
PostSubject: Rothas Garavel - Application   Rothas Garavel - Application I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Well I joined about a day before TBC was released so roughly three years.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I would say I'm rather confident since it is my first language, squeezing in overly-complicated words to describe simple things whenever possible Razz but naturally like anyone else my fingers are, on occasion, prone to typing something incorrectly... Bloody inefficient fingers...

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.
All my experience with Role Play has been within WoW, mainly on the Alliance side of things and I have enjoyed an abundence of quality RP.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.
Mainly RP, I love the lore behind the game, however I have had my experiences in PvE, I've raided everything in icc up to The Lich King himself.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Mainly my happy go lucky attitude! I love discussing lore and helping out any way I can.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I won't lie, I am in another guild and have certain obligations to said guild but I can tell you I am online alot (And that's -alot-) and would be on this character alot of that time (and I mean -alot-).

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
RP Rp and... RP, it's pretty much all I'm about whilst online.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I've heard alot of good things about this guild, I'm very much into the undead side of WoW and with the recnet turn of events my character has gone through it seems only appropriote that he'd seek out others like himself.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Rothas Garavel
Title (if applicable): Archmage (Self-proclaimed at this point)
Current Occupation: Scholar

Race: Undead Human

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': Mage, Arcane/Frost
IC Class: Archmage (Again self-proclaimed)

Hair Colour: Beige
Eye Colour: Hazel
Height: 6ft 2" when standing upright (5ft 9" hunched over)

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
The Royal Apothecary Society, Whilst Rothas dedicates his studies to primarily the Arcane he does also dabble in alchemy, plus he isn't much of a melee fighter and thus wouldn't be of much use in the other two factions.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Rothas doesn't care much for the Forsakens standing within the Horde, so long as we help them and they help us that's all that matters.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
He thinks it was a simply stupid idea, the concept of killing both Scourge and living creatures with the same Blight peaks his interest the way it was deployed at the Wrathgate could never have led to anything good.

Family: Rothas has no living relatives, all his family was wiped out by the Scourge, however he has a brother who's now a Death Knight serving under the Ebon Blade.

Character History: Rothas was born in the town of Andorhal to a family of nobility, at the age of six he started poking around in his families library, open books scattered all over the floor, the bulk of them however were dusty old tomes containing simple diagrams regarding how to cast simple arcane spells, lighting fires, freezing small bodies of water and the like, Rothas claimed that it all looked "Pretty, I want to set things on fire too!" whilst the statement itself was disturbing it was overlooked by his childish ways and the look of wonder in his eyes. So upon his next birthday he was taken to Dalaran and applied as a student, at first he was apprehensive to leave his old life behind but he was promised to be visited by his family often and would be allowed to return to Andorhal monthly.

So began Rothas' career in magic, quickly showing himself to be a fast, patient learner, at the age of twelve he was brought into an apprenticeship with a man called Archmage Larindral, Larindral taught him what it meant to be a mage, that it was a gift and responsibilty, that discipline was key, lest you fall victim to the arcanes corrupting qualities, he was essentially Rothas' father for the duration of the apprenticeship. Rothas was a recluse, hiding himself away in the vast libraries of Dalaran just to revise what he'd learnt that day and then even read overly-complicated books that he'd never touch upon for years, claiming that he'd find it easier to learn when the time came. At the age of Twenty-one Rothas was freed from the shackle of apprenticeship, officially declared a fully fledged mage of the Kirin Tor and allowed to travel where he wished and even take on an apprentice of his own, should he wish it, whilst it was every mages duty to take on an apprentice Rothas refused to, he still had much to learn on his own let alone teach anotehr at the same time, so for the next few years Rothas traveled up and down the Eastern Kingdoms, learning and training almost constantly where ever he ventured.

At the age of thirty Rothas' magical career came under heavy debate, he was becoming very well know for his unusual combinations of spells and his rather violant use of them, conjuring frost as he thrusted his hands towards the earth only to have large ice spikes erupt from teh ground moments later, such a vicious use of the arcane whilst impressive, showed alot of violance, but that wasn't the point, Rothas was a pioneer of spell casting and for that was nominated for the place of Archmage, not only was he unusually young for the position many layed claim that he spell casting was infact sorcery rather than mage-craft, naturally these claims were false but Rothas never cared he simply went on with his studies and violant spell-casting, eventually he was given the title but never the respect, mostly because of how young he was.

But fate would take a violant turn for Rothas, for it was around this time the Third War broke out and undead began making themselves known, soon enough Rothas returned to Dalaran, immediately hearing word that Andorhal was doomed, the graineries plagued and the living in that area dead... Or worse, this tore Rothas apart, his entire family wiped out in the blink of an eye, Rothas hid himself away in an estate within Dalaran, grieving, rarely leaving his estate, rarely eating, rarely drinking... Many assumed Rothas starved himself to death, or just killed himself on the spot, this was all proven to be false again when the Scourge finally came to Dalaran, Rothas emerged, enraged and ready to fight for the only home he had left, killing ghouls and abominations left, right and centre, his violant ways of spell-casting ultimately proved useful, but was all to no-avail, once word spread that Antonidas had fallen to Arthas many were dividd on what to do next, the majority readied themselves for a counter-attack, but a small majority fled, Rothas was part of this majority, after he fled he simply disappeared, finding solitude up north in the high-lands, and was never seen again until the end of the Third War.

By the time the war was over Rothas finally showed himself once again, he originally intended to return to Dalaran and help in whatever way he could but something caught his ear, a stray organisation of men and women from all races that fought against the Scourge, The Argent Dawn, so rather than return to his colleagues he the lands now known as the Plaguelands in search of these men and women, eventually his travels brought him to Lighst Hope Chapel, where he was recruited and continued to fight Scourge for a time, nothing of note really happens for Rothas at this point, at least until the Lich King awoke from his slumber in Icecrown and came to the Plaguelands with his order of Death Knights, it was at this time he was reunited with his brother, now and undead Death Knight, Rothas was camped in the woodlands with a couple of scouts, what seemed by pure chance his brother had found him, some harsh words were exchanged and then a battle ensued, his brother easily dispatching the scouts before turning his attention to Rothas, the battle lasted for roughly half an hour before Rothas was ultimately beaten, Death Knights being able to resist magic with great efficiency, his brother left Rothas under the belief that he was dead but in truth he was only unconcious and wounded, thankfully he was found by several of his Argent brothers and taken to a secluded location and nursed back to health, when he finally regained conciousness he left immediately for Northrend with the Argents where he ultimately met his doom.

Skipping ahead some-what Rothas was seen in Icecrown Citadel assisting in the assault upon the fortress, he was fatally wounded and bled to death withing the depths of the citadel, what happened at that point is open to speculation but when Rothas awaoke he found himself decayed and withered, now an undead, the thing he despised, it was most likely that he was raised into undeath by a Val'kyr and forced to battle for the Scourge, thankfully he managed to survive long enough for The Lich King to be slain by adventurersn and Highlord Fordring thus giving him his free will back, again this is all speculation but is what most likely happened as Rothas himself has no cear recollection of what happened, now undead he would be shunned by the Alliance, the Kirin Tor would most likely no longer recognse him either making his title of Archmage null and void, deciding that his time with the Argent Crusade was up he sought out salvation with the Horde, appealing to the Forsaken to accept him amongst their ranks, luckily he had a child-hood friend on the inside who vouched for him, to date he serves them and believes that they and his new found Banshee Queen hold the key to his future.

(Apologies if the end of the story was under-whleming, still working out the details)

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Rothas needs a purpose or else he simply could not continue, he is also one to surround himself with people like him and since he is not terribly fond of the other Horde races this would be a natural direction for him to take.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
The abilty to craft fine robes and create enchantments.

How does your character respond to authority?
Rothas gladly obeys those he chooses to, so long as he believes in the cause which most of the time he does since he chooses said cause.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Foraken are evil. There are no good Foraken.
At first glance, yes they could be classed as evil but I personally find that an unfair assumption because of morals set by society, are they evil or merely doing what must be done to survive and indeed thrive? The Forsaken cannot obide by the generally accepted morals because their very existence contradicts those morals, perhaps if they start doing things classically classed as evil just for the sake of it then perhaps but I don't think on the whole they have, yes they create freakish abominations but that's only to bolster their numbers and defences, I suppose ultimately it's a subjective matter dependant on what the individual believes, perhaps amongst Forsaken society they don't think what they do is so terrible? Actually... No I think they do know how aweful these thinsg are, infact many relish it but can they really be blamed? It is after all what they were raised to do, be evil... It's a rather interesting subject area, upon further thought I am leaning towards the idea they are evil by choice, after all there are Forsaken amongst the Argent Dawn/Crusade who do not seem anywhere as Malevolant, so ultimately yes I would say they are evil, but there are some who at least do not immediately turn to such malevolant tendancies.

ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Rothas Garavel - Application Left_bar_bleue80/80Rothas Garavel - Application Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Rothas Garavel - Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rothas Garavel - Application   Rothas Garavel - Application I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:23 pm

:O <-- Jaw drop face

Accepted. 100% accepted.
Contact Vraenesha in game for your IC interview. Looking forward to having you with us Smile
Back to top Go down

Rothas Garavel - Application
Page 1 of 1