The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marcelle - Application.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcelle

Marcelle

Marcelle - Application. Empty
PostSubject: Marcelle - Application.   Marcelle - Application. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:47 am

Hello~! I thought I'd just start by saying I've seen this guild around the Sha'tar, and think that all it's members, as a whole are tremendously good roleplayers, their ideas are amazing and the guild itself looks incredibly fun; Now, on with my application. Smile

PLAYER INFORMATION

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I first picked up a copy of World of Warcraft from my friend approximately three years ago. Got into it quickly, whilst playing on their account then decided to get my own copy. I played ferociously, trying out all aspects of PvP and PvE, settling down mainly with PvP for a year or so. I then took multiple short breaks up until this date. So all in all, I imagine I've played on and off for two and a half years.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I'd have to say that I'm pretty confident with my ability to speak and write in the English language, considering I was born in England and have lived here almost twenty years of my life. Although, I tend to type quickly without thinking and sometimes make silly typing errors. All in all, I'm hoping my grammar, punctuation and ability to capitalise the correct words will help out my application, even if only slightly.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

Before I came into World of Warcraft roleplaying scene, I casually roleplayed on mine and my friends fantasy roleplaying forum. It lasted about four or so years, (Up until two years ago, when the admin quit due to work related problems.) The board had several sections of fantasy roleplay; The first being the Warhammer franchise, second being millitarised science fiction, third -and final- was a take on of Warcraft fanfictions and open roleplay scenarios.

I briefly took up several types of roleplaying, from forum roleplaying, to Warcrafts emote-like replies. I tried a little storytelling, but found it, not necessarily difficult, but not exactly my type of thing; Although I tend to write quite a lot about character background, interests and the like. Making other people's stories to my writing style can sometimes go a little off what I had in mind.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

My first experience with World of Warcraft was the PvE scene. I found it interesting, but I suppose it got a little dull after a while, so quickly switched to PvP before taking a break. As I wrote earlier, I kept taking breaks up until a few months ago where I got up and started all over again, once more with the PvE scene.

I first got into roleplaying almost a year and a half ago, picking the Sha'tar as a good starting zone to try out new types of roleplay. I transferred my rogue to the Sha'tar server and immediately made new friends. It was good, but then it quietened down a little and I returned to Bronze Dragonflight (previous server) for a while.

I've levelled six characters up to level eighty, and raided with three of them. My mage is my PvP character, although I play a little on all characters. The main instances I have raided upon my return, during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion are as follows;
*Naxxramas (I think I did a few bosses on 10m, but not cleared as most people were raiding ToC when I returned.)
*Ulduar (10/25) - All bosses apart from Yogg Saron.
*Trial of the Champion (10/ 10HM) - Full clear.
*Vault of Archavon (Sp?) - All bosses cleared on 10/25 player modes.
*Obsidium Sanctum - Sartharion cleared on 10/25m modes. (Including the three Twilight drakes achievement; 10m only.)

I then stopped raiding for a little while and switched to my mage for PvP such as rated arena and casual battlegrounds with friends, my friends then moved on to raid Icecrown Citadel and I decided to try it out again, as it was new content to me. On my druid I joined a twenty-five man raiding guild on my old server 'Bronze Dragonflight' where I raided for a couple of months until the guild disbanded. We managed to get to the Lich King and finish up ICC10 and part way through ICC25 but we lacked healers and tanks and the server in general was deteriorating quickly.

After that raiding guild, PvP and PvE, seemed a little dull, so I decided to take up roleplaying again. So I came back onto the Sha'tar and picked up where I left off, trying to contact any people I knew before my previous disappearance. I got hold of old friends, and made some amazing new friends. Compared to my other server, The Sha'tar has a better sense of community and is generally more pleasant to play on. I'm still roleplaying here up until this day.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

If I were to join, I'd probably drag my strange sense of humour with me. Albeit, I can be a little sarcastic at times, I tend to voice my opinion too, eventhough it gets me into trouble quite frequently. Apart from that though, I'm fairly pleasant and willing to help out anyone who needs assistance. As unlikely as it seems, I can be a little shy and quiet when first roleplaying, or generally speaking to new people, but after a short while I tend to come out of my shell.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I'm available all - if not most- days of the week, from 5PM onwards, due to my job. I roleplay on other characters too, but casually and like to fit in play time on all my characters. I would also make arrangements on Marcelle if there is timing issues, so to fit the guild callendar, should there be an event of sorts.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Interaction with the guild's many characters and personalities through roleplaying with them, of course. I'd like to meet anyone and everyone within The Spine. I'd also help out guildies whenever possible.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

Forsaken roleplay has always interested me greatly, and I've wandered around deserted areas picking off possibilities for roleplay. I've heard amazing tales of this guild and partipated in a couple of events. One of my oldest roleplaying friends from The Sha'tar are in The Spine also, but I know them from a different character mainly; However, the main reason is that The Spine has a spectacular reputation and I would very much like to be a part of it.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Title: Apothecary.
Current Occupation: Focused alchemist and herbalist.
Age: 30, prior to her death; She has served the Dark Lady fully within her undeath.
Race: Undead Human.
Level: 72
In-game Class & Spec': Warlock (MS) Demonology, (OS) Destruction.
IC Class: Alchemist/Herbalist
Hair Colour: Dark Crimson, slightly faded.
Eye Colour: Gray, faded over, sunken with a yellow tint around what would be the iris.
Height: 5"5, can usually be seen hunched over her alchemy lab, making her look shorter.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

I believe she'd be best suited to The Royal Apothecary Society, simply because in life, she strode strongly in her alchemical discoveries and in death, that part of her seemed the only part to remain, albeit, her goals are mostly different now, she no longer takes her life -or rather unlife- in small steps to help the living, rather now, she works on plagues and distilled toxins within her chemistry lab.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

For her entire life, she loathed the Horde, although they did not venture much into her homelands (Now the plaguelands), that little bite of hatred remains. The stories she was told are forgotten, those wounded by the Horde are but a simple, yet faded memory. A small part of her still holds bitterness towards the other races of the Horde. She will not strike them on sight, however, in her mind they are just pawns, tools to be used when necessary, and minds to be played with when needed. She - in her undeath- believes the Forsaken only to be a part of the Horde democratically under Sylvannas' will and that at times, thoughts consume her mind of a world without those that could supress the glory of the Forsaken.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

All things happen for a reason, however, Putress acted on their own accord, and she dislikes the events of that day, although the plague destroyed Horde members, she noted how it weakened then killed the living and the Scourge, she wasn't best pleased upon realisation that Putress went behind the Dark Lady's back and plotted on his own.

Family.

But a distant memory, long forgotten, unknown if her relatives are in the same situation as she is. She hasn't looked back to her life in Darrowshire since her reanimation.

Character History:

Born within the small town of Darrowshire, under the name Marcelle Wittard, she grew up helping those around her. Her family were the closest to her heart, and although her mother grew sick with each passing day, she would stay the days, kept up in her father's laboratory, watching as he mixed different coloured chemicals, in a hope to heal her mother's sickness.

At the tender age of eight, her mother passed away. As any child would be, she was distraught and didn't utter a word for many months, not even to the rest of her family. Her interaction with people inside her village was slim, almost none existant after the passing of her mother. Her father saw to it that he would take care of the young Marcelle, and he did so, up until his death when she turned twenty four. She would work with him, helping the sick of the village, her father even hosted a medical unit at the back of their home, where they would tend to the ill and the elderly. Her father's death saddened her, and she felt like an orphan, despite the fact she was a fully matured woman now. But still, even being left alone did not stop her from continuing the work of her father, in his name, to care for the needy and sick around her village.

She continued to do so, then the plague came. The plague, the hordes of undead and the corruption. Man turned on man. Villagers locked their doors, children cried. It was chaos. Pure chaos. A team of the town's men barracaded the entrances and took foot ahead of the town to fight off the undead. But they were beaten and the town was overrun. By then, Marcelle was in hiding, a cupboard upstairs. She'd locked herself inside it and had stayed quiet with a small piece of dried bread and a smaller flask of water.

She'd lost track of how long it had been. It was quiet outside, there was no more scratching of skeleton claws, no stench of death in the air. She peered through the crack of the cupboard and saw no movement, so she opened it up and stepped out into the room. The floorboards creaked horribly loud, her eyes dashed around the deserted room and she headed out onto the landing. But she was not alone, and she knew that. There was no time to escape this time, she was surrounded by these horrific nightmare creatures and they'd blocked her escape route from all sides. She remembers not what caused her death, nor explains her previous life to another, all she remembers is being surrounded, then awaking to face the cold dark 'life' ahead of her.

She served the Lich King as one of his ghouls, his minions, a toy almost for his greater plan of destruction. She had killed people like she once was, she had become a monster, deployed for war and then she had broken free when the Dark Lady had done so. Until this day, she has never looked back, or ventured back into the land where she once called home. She has continued her alchemical researches and projects and until this day she has been within the legion of Sylvannas, a Forsaken, cryptically working away at her chemistry laboratory within the Royal Apothecary society.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Marcelle has travelled the darkest reaches of Azeroth and Outland in search for a higher reason to continue her research. She wishes to fulfill her undeath and raise her status within the Royal Apothecary Society. She had heard of another group of Forsaken, The Spine, in which she hopes to continue her research and assist others in a like-minded situation.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Marcelle is an alchemist, she has a vast knowledge of potions, contoctions, toxins and poisons. She pays special attention to creations which could aid the Forsaken millitaristically, diplomatically and in general as a race.

How does your character respond to authority?

Marcelle responds well to authority. Should she be given an order, she would fulfill it swiftly and to the best of her ability. Although she is quite solitary, her mind tends to play tricks on her at times and lead her away from laws and regulations- Especially those outside the Forsaken fortress of Undercity.

TEST OF ABILITY

The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

Many see the Forsaken to be an 'evil' organisation of corrupt Warlocks and followers of filth like the Lich King, when actually, they are simply the same as living beings; Freed from control of the Lich King. What they did under that control however, was not their own doing. Their lives now consist of memories from their previous lives and some of their mindless deeds in slavery. Although they have proven to be a solitary source in their standing within the Horde, the Forsaken have not risen up in trivial matters within the races.
The Forsaken, although not constantly in the good books with their faction, the Horde, joined for one common reason within the races, to eliminate the scourge from Azeroth.

What happened at the Wrathgate was not the Forsaken as a whole, it was a minority group along side Putress, concluding that incident saw the other races of the Horde, especially the Orcs keep a watchful eye on the operations of the Forsaken, not trusting them entirely incase of another occasion as with the one of Putress.

Marcelle - Application. Gerian10

(( It's a little long, sorry. ))

Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Marcelle - Application. Left_bar_bleue80/80Marcelle - Application. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Marcelle - Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcelle - Application.   Marcelle - Application. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:37 am

You have no need to apologise! Very Happy
Feel free to contact:
Vraenesha
Viatrix
Geriand

in game for your IC interview Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Marcelle - Application.
Page 1 of 1