The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Viragio Le Giriano

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viragio

Viragio

Character
Name: Viragio
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application - Viragio Le Giriano Left_bar_bleue32/85Application - Viragio Le Giriano Empty_bar_bleue  (32/85)

Application - Viragio Le Giriano Empty
PostSubject: Application - Viragio Le Giriano   Application - Viragio Le Giriano I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:13 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
It started a year before the Burning Crusade came out in the stores and I was testing WoW for the time being and my first choice of server was actually The Sha'tar. So I've counted that I should have played about three-five years. At the start I didn't knew about what the 'lore' was or ever heard of it until I came across some lore players who willingly taught me the right stuff. And directed me to the lore wikipedia aswell. So I use the wikipedia for guidance whenever someone is saying like they are "Bat-demon" or "half cat and half elf". Yeah we could say I am strict to it Wink
And from my first years I learned how to act, let's say Viragio, is in a battle. And someone tries to hit him with a stick. Well. I am willing to hurt my chars if I can manage to hurt the other one. It is all about coming down to an arrangement like "You hit him there and I do that and I do that and you do that" sorta thing. Anyway.. let's proceed with the application before I lose myself talking about my experience aye? :p

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am confident in my English but I sometime have a problem with the grammar. And I sometime happen to write such as this: "Viragio: walks over to the fountain and place his hands on it, looking down in the water and see's his water image." judge yourself about it Wink
So yes again, I am confident in my english but the grammar is so-so. Honestly. ^^

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
I havn't roleplayed online since I started playing WoW but I played many rp-games such as Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and vice versa and I learned from these games that in certain rp games you have to make choices. Let's say Viragio, he is facing three different choices wherever he has to respond or do. And he goes often for the neutral answer or action. And yes, I will get to about him in time after this... ^^
Back on track. I love roleplaying games and it gives such a wide variety of choices. If you choose to be evil then be evil. Or choose good to be good. You get the idea, right? :p
And I would love to say that I enjoy writing stories about my characters. It keeps me inspired and giving me lots of ideas. But sometime when I don't get any ideas, I simply read my Warcraft books for a small guidance ^^.
Now.. go on reading Wink

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
Well. Firstly it was PvE before I started RPing since I were noobish and didn't what to do since WoW was -quite- big for me back then and I simply ran around anywhere from Elwynn Forest to Blasted Lands with my lvl one Human Warrior (Dumb me. ^^ )) and thought I was all powerful and stuff. But then luckily I started to learn about the lvling system so I killed anything in my path and learned another thing again, it was going faster with doing quests. So I did this and that. Then I met someone who trained me to roleplay. Oh boy.. they were calling me noob and such but it worked out quite well. So still about PvE, yes I have experience in it. Especially from various of dungeons and raids (gotta love them ;D ) and such so.. hey, gotta such experiences right? Anyway. Pvp.. well that is something else. I have a 'bad' side when it comes to it but I can play it. Bad temper if I may be so honest about it hehe. ( ^^' ) But I survive sometime at it but personally I don't like PvPing, but I can't stop drooling about the awesome (or epic ;p ) gear I could win..yum..
Onward? :p

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
It depends where I could be most useful. One of them actually is to give new roleplayers several directions (but I must admit I am not all knowing. Hmph) that could give them a slight 'hum' in their thinking. And I am also helpful when starting either a dungeon or raid, and especially rp event. Dependable also if I am available that is. And I don't know what else I am useful but you guys have to see for yourself. Smile

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Well I can be very honest with that question. I can be online almost every week but since I am having a girlfriend and going at a campus, so...
When I am at campus I won't be home before Friday afternoon and be leaving home on Monday mornings. (School's a bitch but has to do it anyway Wink )
And my girlfriend... it depends. Sometime it could be a whole weekend and sometime not. So we see eachother every second weekend. Somewhat thankfully. (Need my 'space' sometime. )
But if we were to remove the GF and school, I could be online almost everyday. ^^

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Hehe. My priority is to get some great rp butt, lay back, grab a coke and relax hehe ;p
Seriously now. My priority is built like this; 1: Roleplay. 2: Lvling. 3: Dungeon. 4: Raid. And..lastly, 5:PvPing.
Since I am addicted to rp, you can guess why Roleplay is first priority Wink

Why do you wish to join the guild?
Because I want to know if this guild is something for me. And this guild seems rather new so I wish to keep myself updated. One more thing is that; this guild looks rather interesting since it is a forsaken-only guild, (what I understood so far) and I've never been in a guild like this so it should be very interesting. I know very little of the forsaken but enough that they are sometime funny and sometime mysterious at the same time. Smile
Enough talking.. And to the Character Information (At last! Very Happy )

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Viragio Le Giriano
Title (if applicable): None.
Current Occupation: Apothecary and Warlock.

Age: Forty-five/45 (For Humans this should be easy. If you are an Elf please remember that you were born a High Elf and you realistically cannot have been born less than 100 years ago. Exceptions will be made to well presented backstories however)

Race:
Undead Human
(I don't know what to add, but he was a human.)

Level:
20 (Planning to hit 80 with him when possible.)

In-game Class & Spec':
IC Class:
Warlock, Demonology.

Hair Colour: Black.
Eye Colour: Before blue. Present glowing yellow.
Height: 1,73cm

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
Viragio clearly would fit in The Royal Apothecary Society since he found his taste and love for alchemy and herbalism to create such as potions (or poisons) for personal gain or not. And he loves sitting up all night with doing his little so-called 'projects'. Mostly about using animals as test subjects (and humanoids when given the opportunity).

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
In Viragio's past as a human he hated the Orcs and including the Horde. But after his death and resurrection as a Forsaken his point of views changed to the better. He still doesn't like Orcs but he feels rather neutral to most races (except the Alliance races) In other words, he is very polite to the other Horde races except the Orcs. And when it comes to the Forsaken when they joined the Horde, he hated it but adapted some years later.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Viragio wasn't there when it happened but he heard many things about the incident. He had few friends who were there but got betrayed by Putress. It made Viragio hate him more than anything and was relieved to hear that he was, presumably, killed later on. For him it was a tragedy but he knews that he couldn't do anything if he was there to prevent it. He was in Undercity during the time of the betrayal and fled with Sylvanas Windrunner and the others. He hated to leave his tests and books behind but were forced to escape.

Family:
Viragio had a family in life but all of them got killed during the betrayal of Arthas Menethil. And Viragio died aswell before he was arisen as a Forsaken, many years later.

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.
Viragio was born in the city of Capital city (but known now as Undercity) and belonged to a family of nobility. One of the lesser nobles who didn't had any major role in anything. The Le Giriano nobility were respected for their generousity but also feared for their accusation of practising dark magic which was later on rectified as false later on. As a young lad, Viragio were a child who was often very drawn back. He was often very shy and afraid of dogs. During his young age he studied at the school and showed that he had outstanding experience when it comes to herbalism. This experience seemed to come from his mother who were a very good herbalist and one who adored flowers. His studies took him to the path of alchemy and showed good potential there aswell. His father were once an alchemist but retired shortly after Viragio's birth and it seemed Viragio heritaged his father skills. Years passed and he became a full-grown man with his british accent and his charming looks. And during under his full-grown age, his parents died suddenly out of a plague. (And it wasn't the plague the Scourge created.) Out of his sadness, he swore that he would take up his parents' path and become a very good herbalist and alchemist. And so he did.
Few years later he heard Arthas was coming home from his so-called campaign in the darkly rumoured land named Northrend. Viragio planned to take part in celebrating his return by helping throwing rosepetals. Then it all ended in another great tragedy. Arthas killed his own father and a terrible nightmare began for Viragio. Undead began to terrorize the streets, eating the dead, killing the living, devouring children. Viragio hid himself in a small chantry and prayed to the Light to save him. But before we was about to finish his praying, the undead caught him and killed him, painfully by biting him and feeding from him.
Then he awoke suddenly in a crypt and discovered that he was different. He looked like he was rotting. He began to remember what really happened and ran out of the crypt with his sorrow and anger. When managing half-way out, he was stopped by others, like him. And told him everything. And that he has been sleeping in years since that day. Now in present time, he is an apothecary and a warlock. Serving the Forsaken and the Banshee Queen.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Because he saught an opportunity to expand his skills and he believed with his position as an apothecary, he could be more useful somewhere else. So he heard about 'The Spine' and wrote an application to gain a position there.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
As an herbalist and an alchemist he could be participating 'The Spine's' projects. If they are conducting any that is. And he can create potions (and poisons as I mentioned earlier.)

How does your character respond to authority?
When someone gives him orders he tries to do them in his own way. May it be slow or fast. But often slowly since he wants to be thorough on his projects. He only works fast under pressure.
But in other words, he responds to authority without any doubt nor question. The only thing he would protest is if someone with an authority tells him to abandon a project which would dissatisfy Viragion greatly.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
I see the WoW world in a big picture. Sure many say that all forsaken are bad. But I believe some of them may have a heart somewhere (even if it doesn't look that way). But since the forsaken may have a mind of their own, they could do choices on what they feel. Let's say Putress, he chose to betray the Forsaken and the Horde. And certainly, many of the Forsaken hated when Putress did that. If they can experience hate, they can experience love and other things too.

ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
I am not the religious type but I find it okay since it is taken from the teachings of the Holy Light but twisted to a dark interpretation but to be honest I can't find a suitable answer to this. Only that Viragio believed in the Light once in life. But adapted to the other religion since he felt that the Light abandoned him when he was praying for his life.

iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
I've thought about this for quite some time and to my point of view it is a balance between negative and positive. The negative is when Putress took few Forsakens with him and betrayed the Horde. It might have given the Forsaken a small 'black stain' so to speak but the positive is that they are very resourceful and a powerful 'nation' to the Horde and they were in a good favor by Thrall when the Banshee Queen asked for Thrall's help in reclaiming the Forsaken's home. So I find a balance there somewhat, you don't have to agree with me or not but it is my point of view.

iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
In a way I agree that T.R.A.S is a powerful organisation to the Forsaken and the most of the Forsaken are recruited in to that specific organisation. But I believe it is one of the fewer powerful organisations of the Forsaken.

v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
I may be speaking for Viragio aswell, hell yes. He should be branded as a traitor and be given what he was coming right at him. And siding with Varimathras, a demon of the Burning Legion, is certainly a sentence of death.

vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.
Their revenge is complete and yet they are still in the world. They maybe find another purpose. But whatever that is, we will know sooner or later. Another question is; What is the Banshee Queen going to do? Her revenge is fulfilled. So.. who knows?
I think in their new purpose, is that they would perhaps turn their eyes to Gilneas and start a full-scale war against the Alliance. But we shall see soon enough.. right? :p

Comment:
It was a very good application and I hope it gives you some answers. I also responded what I think was everything but I am realistic about it so I may be have missing something but if I did so just let me know and I will try to edit it as soon as possible. And I have to give you guys compliment for the website you have created. It certainly brings home that Forsaken feeling for the first time I made my first Forsaken during my first years. However. I hope to keep you in touch soon in-game. If you don't find me on Viragio, then whisper on my alts; Cainen or Raél.
And thank you for letting me to write an application.
Regards,
Viragio.

Application - Viragio Le Giriano 22

Last edited by Viragio on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to paste the photo ^^)
Back to top Go down

Application - Viragio Le Giriano
Page 1 of 1