The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Anselm Rotjaw

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trissy

Application - Anselm Rotjaw Empty
PostSubject: Application - Anselm Rotjaw   Application - Anselm Rotjaw I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:16 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
- I've been playing World of Warcraft ever since it came. I played first with my cousin's account, but later on, when BC was released, I bought my own account.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
- My own language is Finnish, but I am quite good with English aswell. However, I often have trouble with ''i'' capitals, and with typing correctly in rush. However, I'm mostly able to correct myself when needed, and I have no problem with that. I understand English very well, I have no problem to read others texts/messages.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- I've been roleplaying ever since I got my own account when Burning Crusade was released, so allmost 4,5 years. I've been Roleplaying allready in The Spine with my character, Tristan.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.

- I've been doing Player versus Player ever since I started WoW. I got experience of allmost every class in Pvp, and I'm able to say that I'm quite good with it. I have never been too interested of raiding/instances/other PvE, but recently I have started to do many instances and few raids, purely becouse its a easy way to gain gear. With Roleplaying, I've been playing mostly with tauren, but I got many forsaken characters too, aswell one humand Death Knight. I have different characters for different styles, but I Roleplay with each of them.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
- As many people allready in The Spine know, I got good sense of humour, but I'm allso helpfull and serious when I need to be. I don't get upset easily, which allows me to help in conflicts. I gladly help all new members when I'm able to.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
- I gotta say, that I really love to play this game, and I aim to get in every Event I can. However, my Highschool studies start soon, and I have no idea how they will affect to to my play time. Most of you can see me at holidays between 10 - 22:00 server time Online. I don't play all this time, but I visit often during this time.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
- This is a Rp guild. You know me! I allways put a Guild event before anything else. Needless to say, that my priority is Rping with the guild.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
- I want to add this another Character of mine to this Guild, due that I want two -active- characters in this Guild, so that I can switch with them according to events.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name:
- Anselm Rotjaw

Title (if applicable):
- None

Current Occupation:
- Mercenary
- 24 when died and was reanimated. He's at the moment 31 years old, so he has been Seven years undead.

Race:
-Undead Human

Level:

In-game Class & Spec': Protection Warrior.
IC Class: Warrior, Mercenary, Guard.

Hair Colour: Dark Grey
Eye Colour: Bright Yellow.
Height: 194 centimetres.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
- The Deathguard, needless to say. He is a strong, brutish warrior. He has never been interested of chemicals, nor alchemy, and he has never been too subtle, due to his tallness. He believes in brute force, skill, and strong armouring and weapons.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
- He really does not care. If they do not annoy him/cause harm, he's neutral. But if he is ordered to kill a fellow member of the Horde, or gets a reason to do so, he won't hesitate to draw his sword and slice the enemy to half. If the other members of the Horde are friendly, he is friendly too. Simple.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
- Anselm thinks that the action was unforgiveable, and he hopes that it will happen never again. This is simply caused by it, that the Horde now treat them like filth, and it was a treason against the Queen.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.

- Anselm has no family left alive, and if they're forsaken aswell, he has no idea of them.

Character History:

- Anselm was born in Westfall in the Stoneridge family. He was risen to appreciate hard work, but like his father, he wanted to be a soldier. The family moved in Stormwind when he was in age of eight, and his father hired a man to train the boy with the arts of combat. Anselm was a quick learner and he did hard work to gain what he wanted, and soon his father sended him to train in a marine barracks, with the other young children. Anselm was often mocked of his large height, and maybe slightly bulk body, but he never lost a single fight against anyone during the combat. The years passed and he became stronger and stronger, until he was ready to start taking more experience. He was hired as a Guard in both Stormwind and Elwyn city, where he worked as a patroller. In the age of 18, he was accepted within the ranks of Kul Tiras marine.

First two years were hard training, but when the scourge hitted the Lordaeron hard when he was in age of 20, he was sent there to vanguish the corpses away from the Lordaeron, along with few other Kul Tiras marines. Unlike many other men, he had no fear against the Scourge, and he enjoyed every single battle during the Scourge invasion. In the end, however, when Lordaeron fell, he was ordered to retreat with the few vessels Kul Tiras had to offer for the Lordaeron. He did not however care of the orders, as he wanted to save as many as possible he could, before he would enter the Vessels. The ships however left before he managed to get in them, and he had to stay defend Lordaeron with the few paladins and soldiers there were. Needless to say, he fell in time. He was in age of 24 when a Scourge group attacked him and reanimated him, after he fell. Ever since that he was a mindless servant of the scourge..

The next thing he got in his eyes, were the walls of a crypt in Deathknell. He was no longer a Scourgeling, and he had his own free mind. He was told that Sylvanas had free'd him, like many others. He was so thankfull of this, that he offered his strenght and his old battle armour, that he had received from his father before he left to Lordaeron. Later on, he provided his help to the other members of the horde as a mercenary and bodyguard aswell. He fought alongside with Sylvanas in both battles of Undercity: When it was lost, and when it was retaken. Ever since he got back his own free will, he has been serving the forsaken, and he does not miss his past life, as he only hazily remembers it.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
- Anselm feels, that he has to do more to serve the forsaken. He heard of these Elite members of the forsaken, and instantly had the idea to join them. He thinks he is ready to take on with such large task as this.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
- Anselm is a pure warrior. He is a skilled defender, and he is capable of taking lots of punishment to his heavy armouring, aswell he is able to avoid and stop attacks before they hit him. He would be a fierce fighter, who would do his best to protect his comrades.

How does your character respond to authority?
- Anselm might have lost his memory of his past allmost completely. but he remembers his years as a marine. He respects authority and he will do as he is told.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.

The relations between Horde and Forsaken are improving slowly, due to the Wrathgate and Isilliosis incident. The thing that matters, however is, that they -are- improving. Forsaken are still providing a foothold in tactical areas, such as Hillsbrad, Arathi Highlands, and Silverpine. Forsaken technology, medicines, and poisons allso provide to be usable resources in the warfare. Forsaken are allso known to be one of the most cunning members of the Horde. Forsaken are simply helping the horde, and with that, they're slowly healing the deep wounds the Wrathgate and Isilliosis events caused. Besides, Sylvanas herself helped the Warchief to reclaim her city back for the -Horde-, not for the Forsaken.Thrall himself said allso, that the betrayal of the forsaken was from inside, and not all forsaken were behind it. If they would be, why would have they been banished, or killed when they didn't join the Putress? Forsaken have allso proved to be loyal members after the Incidents; They have agreed with the overseeing of Kor'kron, they have endured the insults that the other members of the Horde have said, and this is propably becouse Sylvanas teaches all forsaken to have two things: Patience and Discipline. Allso, forsaken have nowhere else to go. Alliance are still hunting them like any enemy, and the Horde is still willing to keep the Forsaken under their banner, to provide them with supplies and soldiers. In clear words, The forsaken are providing their help, knowledge, resources and other assistance to the other members of the Horde. And in return, the Horde offers their help, as it is supposed to be. However, there are other Forsaken that believe that the relations will never heal back to the shape they once were. But, as allways, time will tell and heal. The treachery of the Forsaken might not be forgotten, but it will be forgiven in time.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Anselm Rotjaw Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Anselm Rotjaw Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Application - Anselm Rotjaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Anselm Rotjaw   Application - Anselm Rotjaw I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:09 am

Accepted!
An excellent application Tristan, well done Smile
Back to top Go down

Application - Anselm Rotjaw
Page 1 of 1