The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Gorsheck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gorsheck

Application - Gorsheck Empty
PostSubject: Application - Gorsheck   Application - Gorsheck I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

5 years (with one or two short absences)

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Very – I’ve spoken it for about 28 years.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

I must admit, I’ve not been in any heavy RP guilds before but my most enjoyable time in WoW was spent in The Onyx Ascendancy on Argent Dawn. They were a large RP guild with fantastic plots and sub divisions. I really enjoyed playing my part in a number of different story lines.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.

As above, along with raid experience up to Nax. I raided a little in WoW before any expansions but it was a bit of task! Mostly did Zul Gurub along with Blackrock Spire. I never went to Molton Core. I’ve been to Ulduar a few times recently and I enjoy the vehicle aspect – gives the raid a new dimension. I have completed all heroics and raids up to Ulduar. I spent a season in Arena a while ago and managed to get to 1600 rating with not that much dedicated play. I enjoy the battle grounds but long for the days of 6 hour AVs! Getting Lok out and capturing the mines etc gave it a really nice complete feeling. I have two other level 80 characters, a priest and Pally (neither of them are undead).

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I enjoy having a good chat with people when it’s appropriate. One of the things I love about online games is the friendships you can build which add to the enjoyment of the game overall. I’m polite but not shy to offer my opinions and thoughts but mindful not to be overbearing.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I’m on pretty much every day but I have family and real life commitments which obviously take priority.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

I do like dungeons, PvP and raiding but as I said earlier – when I was RPing was when I most enjoyed the game. There might be times where I’d really like to do some PvP but I see RP as my future priority.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I have looked for some time for a guild that could give me what my last guild had (until it got taken over by raiding) which is an involving and fun experience. Chasing gear and upgrades isn’t fulfilling enough – I love making up stories and acting out roles. Since I switched servers I haven’t been in a guild that I have been happy with. I want to be in an environment where mature players are looking to enjoy interaction with each other, not just go kill some stuff!

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Gorsheck
Title (if applicable):
Current Occupation: Deathstalker

Age: 24 at time of death and risen 5 years ago. (For Humans this should be easy. If you are an Elf please remember that you were born a High Elf and you realistically cannot have been born less than 100 years ago. Exceptions will be made to well presented backstories however)

Race: Human
-Undead Human
-Undead Elf

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': Rogue (duel spec Mutilate PvE & PvP at present (subject to change!))
IC Class: Assasination/Subtlety

Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Height: 6ft

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

I think the Deathstalkers would be the obvious choice for class but also for character. Gorsheck was a member of The Onyx Ascendancy’s inquisition (at one point the leader of that faction). It fits nicely with the type of character Gorsheck is and allows for some conflict within himself too.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Generally Gorsheck has no issues with the other races but he does dislike elves, primarily because of past experiences. He feels that the forsaken are marginalised sometimes and looked at in a negative light by all the other races.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Gorsheck has some sympathy for Putress’ actions but doesn’t agree with them. He is a little ashamed that the forsaken would time any kind of attack in this way. He is a little pleased that Arthas was affected and points to that as to distract from the heavy horde & alliance casualties. He firmly believes that if it weren’t for the plague everyone would have died at the hands of the Lich king, as it was there were some survivors.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.

None

Character History:

Gorsheck was orphaned as a baby and got taken in by a gang. He was brought up in the shadows, learning to steal in order to survive.

As he grew, the gang tried to involve him in things more serious than pick pocketing and when they tried to force him to execute a woman and baby hostage that had been taken as part of a failed money making scheme, he broke free, killing all 13 of the gang members and turning the hostages loose.
He didn’t know that the gang went deeper than the people he knew and when the underworld heard what had happened they captured Gorsheck and tortured him. At first they hoped to convince him to join them as an assassin but soon realised that it wouldn’t happen. He then lost his value and was beaten and almost killed. With a last burst of effort, Gorsheck managed to break free of his bonds, killed the elf who had enjoyed his pain so greatly and took his own life.

Gorsheck was raised from the grave and soon became twisted by his fate. He began to hate everyone and everything, refusing to embrace his new life. It was only when he saw some Night elves attack and kill some civilians in Bree that the memory of his tormentor was revived and his focus re-born.

After a short time he found his way to the Onyx Ascendancy and there found his place once again. He joined the inquisition and performed well both internally and on important missions for the horde. He was made the head of the inquisitors where he galvanised a strong team who helped root out and kill some daemons who had taken a number of the Ascendancy’s members.
Eventually the leaderships of the Ascendancy collapsed and Gorsheck was fallen – He has been wondering ever since trying to find his place once again.

-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.
-For Undead Elven characters please only cover their life from the beginning or just before Warcraft 3. By all means briefly cover their early lives but due to the long life expentancy of Elves, and the rare occassion of an Elven birth, there is no need to go into full detail concerning any events before Warcraft 3.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

As stated above, Gorsheck has a drive to achieve something for the horde – he has seen something in some of your members and his interest is piqued – he doesn’t know that he wants to join, yet.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

I’m not sure exactly what you require from this question. Gorsheck is committed, loyal, fierce and clever. He’s an enchanter, engineer, fisherman, cook. He is a spy, assassin and a fighter and could be employed in any of those roles to good effect.

How does your character respond to authority?

Depends on the person. If the position is earned then he respects it but he does not generally blindly obey. He does question.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.

Evil is a flawed concept as it is subjective by nature. There are also many different levels of ‘right’ and ‘wrong’. The forsaken are not Scourge, they have escaped the Lich Kings grasp and are able to think and act by themselves. As such, each individual can decide how he or she acts, there is now power forcing them to be evil or good. If anything they are the perfect chaotic neutral race – they could be anything, from eating babies evil to kissing butterflies good!

Forsaken is an unfortunate name in some respects as it obviously has negative connotations but I feel strongly that as forsaken have their own minds, they also have their own consciences. To make a generalisation that all forsaken are evil would be ignorant and unfair and ignore the individuality that they clearly show. Putress was not supported by the forsaken, at least not all of them – if the forsaken really were evil then what would stop them?

The fight against the Lich king itself, along with a number of other fights demonstrates that the forsaken themselves are not evil. They fight alongside the honourable Orcs and even with Alliance against some foes – scourge included. You could argue that this doesn’t prove that they’re not evil, just that some of the other foes were more of a threat to all. It would be a fair point too but it comes back to the subjectivity I mentioned earlier. I don’t think that the forsaken are any more or less evil than any of the other races – it’s just easy to perceive them in that way.

Application - Gorsheck 22

(No idea how to get that picture on here but I read the guide and tried!!)
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Gorsheck Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Gorsheck Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Application - Gorsheck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Gorsheck   Application - Gorsheck I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 am

Accepted, contact Hainricht ingame for your IC interview.
Good job.
Back to top Go down

Application - Gorsheck
Page 1 of 1