The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spinefinger's Application.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SpineF

Spinefinger's Application. Empty
PostSubject: Spinefinger's Application.   Spinefinger's Application. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:34 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I joined in October 2006. I started with a Vanilla WoW, rarely played it. I purchased TBS in January 2007 and from there my activity increased. In total, I have been playing for almost four years.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Very confident. I tend to mis-spell some words due to my typing speed.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

An avid D&D fan for eight years, I am fully versed in tabletop RPing. I attended one or two LARP sessions, which were disappointing. I regularly Airsoft, themed around WWII, incorporating RP elements. During my time in WoW, I have applied my RPing experience with success, I feel.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

Small experience with PvP, I dislike the combat system used in such a way. I have run through nearly every dungeon in-game at least twice, but I am far from a pro PvE player, as I've never really dug deep into the nuances of tuning my character. As I said above, RP is my biggest area of experience. Levelling characters to take part in RP events from different perspectives sums up my time on WoW.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

An ability to mediate disputes and often to prevent them, or attempt to. I also have a wide sense of humor which encompasses mature and immature puns.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

For the next month, I will be playing very regularly. I have to arrange my timetable around my Airsoft days which are generally weekends, and my days perfecting my skills on ARMA 2.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

If this is to ask what game would be my priority, then WoW is the answer.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

Because I dislike being guildless on my main character. Soloing is the worst (imo) way to experience any game. I like to be able to interact with others while doing so. Also, because I was a fan of the Apothecarium, yet missed my chance to join. Therefore I would'nt like to let another opportunity pass by.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Evan "Spinefinger" Fenrus.
Title (if applicable): N/A
Current Occupation: None.

Race:
Undead Human.

Level: 71 (I believe.)

In-game Class & Spec': Rogue, Combat.
IC Class: Ranger.

Hair Colour: Seaweed green.
Eye Colour: Amber.
Height: 5'9"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

The Deathstalkers. Spinefinger's recent past ties in with the Deathstalkers, considering his occupation. They would regularly call on him for tasks. He is a rather loose member of their ranks, also.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Spinefinger gives little thought to the status of Forsaken as a whole. As for the other races, he tolerates the majority if they act with a modicum of intellect and keep out of his way when "working". The few that find themselves classed as his friends will find a loyal companion and a terrible person to betray.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Spinefinger only knows of the Wrathgate incident through hearsay.

Family:
Parents deceased. "Uncle" Boris resides in Undercity. Brother: Edward. Location unknown.

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.

Evan Fenrus was the son of a Lordaeron guardsman and a cook for a noble family. During his early years, his mother would take him and his brother to the kitchens of the noble's house she worked at. There they would learn their manners and a somewhat snobbish air from the children residing there. The boys' mother also taught them to cook from a young age. The time they spent with their father was often short and strained, his working as a guard causing fear for the family he left each day. Those few hours they did spend with their father was often occupied by lessons in how to wield arms and armour, specifically swords and daggers.

A friend of Evan's father, Boris Maikovan, took to visiting the small family, and would fire the boys' imagination with stories of his travels as a younger man. Boris himself was around fifty at the time. He would take the boys out into the forests and plains around Lordaeron, teaching them what he knew about surviving in the wild outside the great city. Edward was particularly interested in this, devoting himself to his "uncle's" lessons with such vigour he neglected his duties at home.

Life continued in this way for a decade or so, during which time the boys grew older and wiser (thought not by much), and began to assist their aging father in supporting the family. Without much of an education, the two lads did what most boys their age did: joined the guardsmen in defence of the city. Edward, however, was still longing for an opportunity to follow in the footsteps of old Boris. This was around the time the Lethargy of the Orcs occured, though news of this only reached the brothers through rumours and hearsay. Edward, furious at missing out on what he called "the greatest adventures of our time", deserted Lordaeron, stopping only long enough to pack supplies. Evan and his family failed to stay him, and since that day, Edward has been lost to unknown lands.

Ten years later, as the Alliance began to splinter under the weight of it's own frailty, Evan was sent to help in the restoration of Stormwind, by guarding the vulnerable kingdom against the inevitable attacks by bandits, or worse. Skirmish after skirmish against thieves, bandits, and the odd raid on the rebuilding city, wore Evan out. His faith in the possibility of ending war began to diminish.

Five years hence, two years after his return to Lordaeron, the Scourge lay it's fetid gaze upon the great human kingdom. Not only did the plague of undeath ravage the lands, but as the kingdom was desperately fending off the hordes from reaching the capital, Arthas returned, a death knight, and the greatest of their ranks. Evan was part of a patrol outside Lordaeron, to skirmish against the hordes and hold them back. As such, when they heard the news, the patrol commander ordered them back immediately. Upon discovering the city a smoking wreck, their group was set upon by the remaining Scourge in the area and torn apart. This was the death of Evan Fenrus for a time.

Five years later, the corpse of Evan awoke in a crypt near the ruins of Lordaeron. Stumbling to the surface, he began his service as a Forsaken under the command of Sylvanas the Banshee Queen. For a time, Evan would perform menial tasks, until the Deathstalkers took note of his emerging skills as an assassin.
They engaged Evan in their service, dubbed him "Spinefinger" on account of his protruding skeletal structure, and began using him to take out targets.

Life, such as it was, continued for Spinefinger until the re-opening of the Dark Portal and the second invasion of the Burning Legion. Spinefinger was among the Deathstalkers sent to reconnoitre Outland. While fighting the Scourge in the destroyed world, Spinefinger encountered his long-lost brother, alive and well, trekking around Terrokar Forest. Edward was middle-aged by this time, and utterly unaware of the fate of Lordaeron. Meeting his brother awoke Evan inside the corpse-like shell of his being, and recognising his brother, told of him of the events that had occured since his departure those long decades ago.

Incredulous as Edward was to be addressed by a Forsaken, he realised it was his brother before him. Upon hearing Evan's tidings, Edward fled Outland, presumably to return to Lordaeron. Once again, Evan could not persuade his brother to remain.

After returning to Azeroth himself, Evan encountered a Blood Elf, Ilvenn, who recruited him to help her depose Lor'Themar, convinced he was incapable of rule. Evan greed on the condition, she would help him find his brother. They entered into a tenuous pact, that over time grew, and they were joined by many like-minded companions. In her quest to topple Lor'Themar, Ilvenn lost sight of why she was following her path and became more extreme in her methods, using children as spies, killing instead of taking prisoners and more. Evan and his friends realised this, and sought to stop her. When they cornered her in the Ghostlands outside Tranquilien, she finally snapped, percieving them as agents of Lor'Themar. Killing one of the four lieutenant she had gathered, she fled to parts unknown. Evan and the remaining two revived their dead comrade.

After bringing back his friend, Evan announced he would chase after Ilvenn and rid Azeroth of such a dangerous person. The others deigned to remain, to rebuild their alliance into something greater.

While pursuing Ilvenn across the world, came the rise of the Lich King for a second time. Losing his quarry in Northrend, Evan found himself pressed into the service of the Horde once more, forced to use his tracking abilities to exterminate the Scourge. From then on, he endured the freezing wastes of Northrend, all the while convinced Ilvenn was building her power and biding her time. He vowed not to rest until she was dead and gone from this world.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

He believes working with his own race could yield greater results in his search, and (though he won't admit it) he misses having companions at his side he can trust.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Skilled tracking and fighting skills, and long years of experience.

How does your character respond to authority?

From his time in the Deathstalkers, Evan has great respect for any who have earned their place as an authority figure.

TEST OF ABILITY

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

In my opinion, this cannot be true. There is no such thing as true evil for a race like the Forsaken. They are a hated race, feared and loathed above all others (except perhaps the Scourge and the Burning Legion), and realise this. They can find no true allies anywhere, and as such their entire culture is formed around trickery and deviancy. Justifying their desire to wipe out all life is somewhat simple. If all are dead or risen as Forsaken, then there is no chance of their being eradicated once the other threats to Azeroth are dealt with.

However, what the Forsaken don't seem to realise is that in performing this act, they're confirming the opinion above, as narrow-minded as it is. Genocide is never an answer, and if it is, is never a good act. I don't think the Forsaken recognise good and evil themselves. I think they see it more as survival and death. They've all already died once, and God forbid they want to experience it again! It's understandable they would go to any lengths to stop themselves getting slaughtered, and that's probably why Sylvanas has allied them with the Horde for the time being. That being said, it could be delaying tactics.

Either way, no, I don't think that statement is correct. As a race the Forsaken are not evil, and there certainly are good Forsaken. Perhaps we've just yet to see them? You can't blame a whole race for an individual's actions, after all.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Spinefinger's Application. Left_bar_bleue80/80Spinefinger's Application. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Spinefinger's Application.   Spinefinger's Application. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:35 am

I see nothing wrong here, I'm similarly impressed.
Contact Hainricht ingame for your IC interview.

ACCEPTED!
Back to top Go down
Hainricht

Hainricht

PostSubject: Re: Spinefinger's Application.   Spinefinger's Application. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:22 am

Quote :
Contact Hainricht ingame for your IC interview.

I'm on break!
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Spinefinger's Application. Left_bar_bleue80/80Spinefinger's Application. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Spinefinger's Application.   Spinefinger's Application. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:23 am

Well, then contact myself or Viatrix for your interview.
Back to top Go down
SpineF

PostSubject: Re: Spinefinger's Application.   Spinefinger's Application. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:26 am

The following is copy/pasted from an e-mail I recieved this morning from a confirmed Battle.net address.

"This account was Locked because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy.

Even if this behavior is the result of a third party accessing the account instead of the registered user (for example, a friend, family member, or leveling service) then the account can still be held responsible for the penalty because of the impact it had on the game environment."

So, it will be one to three days before I get a second e-mail to tell me the result of their inquiry and the subsequent actions. Sorry for any inconvienience.
Back to top Go down
SpineF

PostSubject: Re: Spinefinger's Application.   Spinefinger's Application. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Apologies for the double-post, but ignore the above. Blizz are unusually fast lately. My account has been restored to it's original condition. I should be online by Tuesday/Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spinefinger's Application.   Spinefinger's Application. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spinefinger's Application.
Page 1 of 1