The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Ansharel, rogue.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ansharel

Application - Ansharel, rogue. Empty
PostSubject: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:09 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Since 2007.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
Pretty good, i think.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
Most of my roleplaying experience comes with WoW, i mostly try to create a brief story for each of my characters and play it accordingly.However, big part of my roleplaying experience comes from random rp. And to add, i used to have an alt named Velorath and in The Apothecarium long ago, unluckily i was pretty inactive in that time.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
PvE, PvP and RP. Yes all of them.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
I'm an experienced rogue, this is my main char and i know my class well. So i could bring my experience along?

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I'm mostly online.Though with the summer I think i can be pretty inactive for some time. Hey, blame the summer! Sad

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Deppends on enviroment, that what's going on in the guild. I would fit accordingly, i believe.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
Forsaken RP, and good one of it.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Ansharel Undariath
Title (if applicable): Fence
Current Occupation: Engineer, Fence.

Age: - ( To be honest, i am pretty confused with WoW's timeline so i rather avoid to put an exact age. Any help would be most appreciated)

Race:
-Undead Elf

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': Rogue, assassination.
IC Class: Rogue.

Hair Colour: Black or whatever she "loots" from unfortunate corpses and attach maniacally.
Eye Colour: Forsaken.
Height: 1.74 cm.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
Rogue, The Deathstalkers.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
She doesn't care much for politics or the bigger deals. She sees other races of the horde as chickens to pluck, yes she's greedy.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
She doesn't care it, except for the orcs roaming around the Undercity... but what? Even these orcs are oppurtinity for business for her so it's not so bad for her is it? Nope, it's not. Not at all. Potential profit.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.

Character History:
( I apologise for any probable logical mistakes, i always had problem with the timeline. Any constructive criticism and help is welcome.)
Ansharel Undariath, or as others call her; "Shadowtouch" was born as daughter of a strange couple. A blood elf warlock called Eladar and a blood elf blood knight called Sharyn...
Ansharel came to the world when the things which threatens existence of Azeroth was senseable like a cursed shadow, perhaps unluckily. Thanks to her strange parents, she spent a childhood which is full of odds and strange events...
Like many blood elves she had a thin body type, perhaps a bit thinner than usual. Having black hair, 1.74 tall.Ansharel used to spend her earlier days by scouting/spying/assaulting the critical hostile zones....
In later days, she was sent to Northrend to collect information about The Scourge... This was also the time when her entire life was about to change in a path which can not ever be fixed.
On a mission, Ansharel was sent to discover activities of The Scourge in Icecrown; Staying in undercover and collecting all the important information she can get in a subtle way. At the beginning, things were going well. Even though the horrid cold of Icecrown was forcing her delicate body, she managed to remain loyal and strong with her mission...
But this was not... actually... enough. While she was trying to discover inner sides of an alien zone; The Fleshwerks. She got spotted by a several geists. She was clearly outnumbered and her swords were not enough to cope the enemies. She fell in few seconds, got killed painfully and nearly ripped apart... Last feeling she had in her mind was hatred for the enemy and the unberable pain she felt.
After this, a cold and horrid embrace covered her whole body. She felt like falling from an endless cliff; Cold, empty and dark. When she woke up, she was no longer the person she used to be. Her body had a terrible look; Terribly wounded, crippled, tortured. And her will was no longer her own. She did many horrible deeds under control of Lich king. Assassinated many Argent Dawn Soldiers. Killed many adventurers who dared to set foot in The Scourge's unholy land.
Years have passed and she started to enjoy the killing, violence, smell of blood. Her terrible days lasted until the invincible amount of Argent Dawn and Knights of the Ebon Blade forces struck Icecrown... Something released her will. Perhaps a small distraction of Lich king, perhaps something else. Anyway, she felt a moment of confusion and decided to escape from the horrible place she was in.
Using her subtle ways, she made her way away from the danger. Seeing her hands, she felt a strange pain and disturbtion in her body. As soon as she reached near a small water pond. She looked at her reflection on water... A view that she would never wish to see. She had hardly a noticeable difference from a dead body.
At first, she thought of ending her existence. But after thinking a bit more she decided for "surviving" the curse she bears and use it for her own self-interests and vengeance against the one who did this to her.
In undercover, she used horde transportation for going back to Eastern Kingdoms. But she knew that she would no longer be welcome by those who once knew her a long time ago. She knew where to go, her new home: Undercity...
Oddly, she still remembers some of the things she did when her will was not under her control. This is both a curse and gift for her. Curse that gives painful memories of past and gift that ensures her survival.
Now she does underground business in Undercity and some other places, legal or not does not matter much for her. She was saved from grasp of Lich King but yet she still enjoys killing, cruelty and taste of blood... And the profit.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
To seek a home, where the forsaken are well organised and to seek a place where she can find a lot of new oppurtinities, profit.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Engineering, fence. Selling various goods. From limbs, body parts, poison to stolen goods and mechanical stuff.

How does your character respond to authority?
Laws are made to use for own profit.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

"Evil" is a changeable term. From person to person, societies to societies. Why should the forsaken try to fit themselves under one of these changeable terms? Living "life" of a forsaken is not an easy thing. There are many enemies you need to be aware of, and many races... even those who you call as "allies" to watch out. How could one expect a forsaken to be so "good", according to their virtues and values? They did not even taste the pain and suffering as the forsaken did. It is always easier to point and blame, without trying to understanding, trying to have empathy. With the lack of understanding and empathy comes the fear and with the fear comes pre-judgements, hostility,ignorance, such namings. There is no good or evil forsaken, there is only forsaken who tries to "live" in an alien world according to their individual stories, values and virtues.

Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Ansharel, rogue. Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Ansharel, rogue. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:58 am

There is some promise within this application but I'm afraid it suffers from the same stigma as a few of the others.
There is evident laziness within the sheet.
-"Deppends"
-The lack of capitalisation when using "I"
-No capitalisation of Forsaken
If you do not attempt to impress us here, how can we be sure you're going to impress us in the RP element of the game?

One of the questions asks you: "What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?" Instead of answering that question you instead answered, "Where do you have experience within the World of Warcraft?" If you could answer the question properly, it would help.

Alongside these there are also several major lore errors within your background. The Blood Elf race has only been around for the past 8 years or so, yet you claim to have been born one? You said you had issues with the timeline but it is accepted knowledge that Blood Elf children are not only rare, but have yet to reach maturity. As well as this you claim to have been freed before The Lich King died? We are willing to accept Undead who have been released after he has died. Apart from this there has only been one situation in which they have been able to break free and this is way back in WC3 when The Lich King was attacked by Illidan with the Orb of Kil'jaeden.

If you can rewrite your history so that it makes sense; and can prove to us you have knowledge of the lore surrounding the World of Warcraft that will allow you to play with the guild I see no reason why you couldn't be given an IC interview as well as a chance to join.

To Conclude:
- You need to tidy up your spelling and grammar.
- You need to go to WoWwiki and learn a bit more about Blood Elves, The Forsaken and The Scourge.
- You need to fix your Character History
- You need to look over your responses and make sure the questions have been answered properly.

If you need any help, please feel free to contact me in game or send me a PM on these forums.

~Geriand
Back to top Go down
Ansharel

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks for the reply and criticism, but I have to say that English is not my native language. And as for others, I can understand the failure with my timeline thus I have a major logical problem with the character's story. I've never actually said it's good one. I agree that it should be fixed, probably entirely changed but I lack the creativity and focus to make new one around these days unfortunately. Pretty no idea. I actually did not consider for my character's time spent as Scourge for "many" years. A shorter period was intended. And for that question which I answered wrong, I tried to answer it according to the template. So perhaps I should make it more clear. I have Raiding, some arena, battleground experience. Along with some unorganised roleplaying in Wow.

Please note that failure with my character's timeline should not make you think that I am a bad roleplayer. I am never OOC in /s, /y. I do not use "poweremoting", I try to avoid having ridiculous, exaggerated character situations and stories as much as possible. As I try to keep my character always reasonable and behaving according to her "nature". Do not hesitate to reply or try me IC, you won't be disappointed. Wink
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:
Application - Ansharel, rogue. Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Ansharel, rogue. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:51 am

You're being given the benefit of the doubt due to higher authority.
Approach Hainricht ingame for an IC interview and task though I will warn you, as a Blood Elf you are going to be placed under extreme consideration and will have to work hard to prove your worth. If you are accepted into the guild I'm sure we will be happy to help you work on your backstory and your knowledge of Warcraft Lore.
Back to top Go down
Ansharel

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 am

Just to notice with another thing, my character is not a blood elf anymore. She has become an aberration and nearly looks as same as a Forsaken female. And with OOC side as well, my character is a Forsaken. Not blood elf. Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 am

There is still the matter in which you were a Blood Elf in life and these Undead are rare.
You declared yourself a Blood Elf and this has been noted.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:04 am

Hainricht has said you're a good roleplay and a valuable addition to our ranks.
In trust of his judgement I can confirm this application has been
ACCEPTED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ansharel, rogue.   Application - Ansharel, rogue. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Ansharel, rogue.
Page 1 of 1