The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Nagan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nagan

Application - Nagan Empty
PostSubject: Application - Nagan   Application - Nagan I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:35 am

PLAYER INFORMATION

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I've been playing on and off since 2006 - this is my return to WoW from an 8 month break.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I am indeed very confident. *flex*

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

My experience with RP begins with WoW. When Defias went online for the first time, I was there, a rookie at best, trying to make his way in the wonderful sea that is roleplay. Difficult, yes. Exciting, oh yes indeed. Since then I've been in many great projects on different RP-realms. Before my break I was an officer in a multi-guild "RP" project with the intent of bringing some serious RP to Sporeggar. We had our up's and down's - in the end we failed. So I do know how much work is put into running a show like this - and may I just say now, that I am very impressed with you guys staying this fresh and solid for such a long time. As I mentioned to Geriand: "it seems like you've 'got it'."

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

My experience lies mostly with RP. My PvE was never that serious or comitted - not since TBC at least. (I did do some cool stuff in the old days though.) Concerning the PvP aspect, I do enjoy it, but never anything serious. I always stuck with the hardcore RP guilds - and I guess I played by a mantra saying: "RP comes first."

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

This is a tough one to answer. I like to think that I am good at staying positive, and spreading that vibe. I do aspire to be as open as possible to all the different personalities that you're bound to meet when in a community such as this.. What can I say, I'm a nice fellow who enjoys comradery? *grins*

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Weekends are open for me - during the week, it will mostly be evenings. But I do consider myself fairly active.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Guild-events (whatever they may be) above anything else. Fair and simple.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

Well, as I stated above, I've returned now after a long break. So I've been scouting the different RP forums, looking for the exact right guild for me. It's been ages since I saw a Forsaken guild who actually.. Believe it or not.. Seemed Forsaken! It brings back fond memories, and you guys all seem dedicated, experienced, and well.. Joyful. *smiles* So I made my character, Nagan, and I contacted Geriand who gave me an all-around introduction and cleverly answered my questions. After that conversation, there was no doubt in my mind.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name:

Severin "Nagan the Serpent" Dawnshield

Male

Title (if applicable):

Current Occupation:

Nagan is currently a prospectl within the ranks of the Deathstalkers.

28 at death.

Race:

Undead Human (Gilneas)

Level:

(level when writing this is only Cool

In-game Class & Spec':

Rogue - subtlety.

IC Class:

Agent.

Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Yellow
Height: 188 cm.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Nagan certainly belongs to The Deathstalkers - in his former life he worked as an agent for the Gilnean government.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Nagan is fiercely loyal to the Dark Queen, and as such, does not openly concern himself with politics. He is indifferent towards the other living races and he cares little about wether he works with a Tauren or an Elf. He is professional to his very rotten bone. (He does despise Worgen and Gilneans - though would never openly discuss it.)

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Nagan would sacrifice anything and everything to get a hold of the treacherous Putress. At this point in time, Nagan was in Gilneas though.

Family:

Nagan was an orphan.

Character History:

There was utter darkness. The very fabric of matter was twisted and warped with time itself. Nothing existed. He did not exist. But wait - something was breaking through. A voice was calling a name - could it be his name? The different dimensions were slowly re-establishing themselves. This voice was dark and beautiful, soft and terrible like the darkest of queens. The total blackness started to break away and colours swirled in his sight, suddenly he started regaining a sense of being - his hands, feet.

"... You... Welc-... Nagan!"

The voice was coming closer and closer - it was different now. It was a like a snarling gutterspeak. Yet he could make sense of the words.

"I said, you're awake now. Welcome back.. Ehh.." the voice fell silent before uttering in a most monotone way:

".. Nagan."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last thing Nagan remembered was his mission. He had been sent deep into the woods of Silverpine in order to secure some intel on the recent movements of the Forsaken. The air was thick, and hints of rotten flesh attacked his nostrils now and again. Despite the civil-war in his homeland, King Greymane's special-forces kept a vigilent eye on the Forsaken war-effort - and to be honest, Nagan quite prefered these jobs over spying on his own brothers and sisters.

He was often chosen for these kind of missions - the "loners" as they called them. With no family, no registered home, he existed totally and fully as the extended arm of King and Country. This made him an excellent candidate to these rather dangerous tasks - nothing to loose, and an ability to overcome his natural instincts. Fear, hunger, sleep. This was needed when dealing with these cursed Forsaken undeads. They went on and on, never sleeping, just working. And so he had to keep up.

As Nagan had crawled through the thick bushes towards his destination, a sudden appearence almost gave him away. Two Deathguards were dragging their feet just a few meters to his left. The adrenaline pumped as he slowly let his hand rest upon his dagger. The guards had luckily left - or so he thought. But as Nagan rose silently to a kneeling position, he suddenly felt a piercing pain run through his entire body, centering around the back of his shoulder. His training allowed him to asses the situation in the blink of an eye. Nagan was mortally wounded, he could tell. He probably only had a few seconds to attack before losing his strength completely. Whoever placed the dagger in his flesh, knew theirs about anatomy. He had cut a few essential cords, rendering his right arm completely useless.

Before he could make a move his attacker hit his throat, making him fall unconcious. The only think that stuck with Nagan in the darkness was the smell of rotten flesh.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nagan opened his eyes, and with a blurry vision he detected a robed Forsaken standing in front of him. He must have been the stuttering chap who knew his name.

"I'll go fetch him." the Forsaken suddenly muttered to himself, sounding rather bored.

Nagan was hanging by his wrists from the ceiling of this cold stone tomb. A prisoner. Damn it. Nagan knew well what happened to prisoners of the Forsaken. The lighting was dim, but strangely enough, Nagan did not feel any particular pain. He didn't really feel anything - the chock must've been greater than he thought. Or so he rationalized.

After a few minutes the large wooden door opened, and another Forsaken stepped in. This one was engulfed in authority and importance - was this his torturer? No. It couldn't be.

"Ssso.. You're the agent we caught in Silverpine."

The Forsaken was eyeing him from top to toe with his rotten eyes narrowed.

"Can you confirm that your name is Ssseverin Dawnsshield - codename Nagan the Serpent - and that you work for the Gilnean government?"

Nagan was about to answer back in a most rude way - but something within him seemed to.. Resist. He felt compelled to answer. His sense of loyalty had vanished like morning dew.

"You are correct." Nagan replied softly, keeping his eyes fixed upon the mysterious Forsaken.

With a cold smile the figure stepped a few steps closer to Nagan, revealing a mutilated Jaw and multiple scars. He returned the gaze with a calculating, almost evaluating, look.

"I am glad that your brain did not rot in the process. Now you'll be able to serve your Queen without trouble."

Nagan lost his cool, and for a moment was genuinly confused, before the truth hit him like an orc-fist in a brawl. His neck had not been "hit" back in Silverpine. It had been cut. He had died. That meant that the only way he was alive... He was Forsaken.

"Oh."

the stranger suddenly grinned malicicously.

"You didn't know!?" his laugh was long, rusty and sickening.

Nagan collected himself, finding a sense of calm in the teachings of his training. After a few moments he finally muttered:

"I know now." his voice sounded strange and deep.

"I've always been alone you rotten corpse. Until my country became my family. My loyalty lies with them - I shall never betray the people I've bled for, the people I gave everything for!"

His temper had become white-glowing hot as he thought of his friends in the agency. Most importantly his superior, Wilhelm Two-face he was called. He had personally taken him off the street and recognized his talents. He was his father, brother and friend. Nagan was more than prepared to face execution to spare them.

The stranger took a few more steps towards him, his piercing eyes keeping Nagan's fixed. He was now dangerously close, and his smile had been replaced by a stone cold expression of calculation.

"My dear child..." he said in a perverted "gentle" tone.

".. You are completely unaware, aren't you?"

Nagan suddenly listened intently.

".. How do you figure we found you? It was an ambush you silly spy. My Deathstalkers knew you were coming." he smiled softly.

".. You were supposed to distract us, while your agency moved on our location elsewhere. Fortunately our methods of torture made sure that we.. Were prepared." the stranger clasped his hands on his back, shaking his head slightly.

"After all you did for them. They did not hesitate sending you to your death - sending their young agent and telling us about it. Can you imagine? Such cowardice is found amongst the living who gravely fears death."

Nagan closed his eyes thinking it through. Wilhelm had given him that mission personally. It made sense - unfortunately. He was not sentimental though. Nagan was schooled in handling a change of terrain - and his new "condition" made sure to dim his emotions.

"If what you say is true, then show me the heads of the other agents you caught." he said in a low, raspy voice.

"As I said, we found out about their plan to distract us with you. So my men waited for your traitors as well. But I can give you something better dear friend."

The strange Forsaken quickly released Nagan by cutting his ropes, giving him a quick look of confidence before taking a few fast steps towards the door knocking on it heavily. Suddenly the door went wide open, casting a beam of light upon Nagan's cold expression and fiery eyes. Two forsaken Deathguards came in violently dragging a half-naked human covered in old blood and dirt.

"Recognize this man, Nagan?"

Nagan had recognized him the very second he saw him. Despite the situation, Wilhelm Two-face was easily spotted. His features, body-type etc. Ironically it was Wilhelm who had taught him the art of spotting certain individuals in extreme conditions. Wilhelm coughed but looked up slowly. Nagan kneeled besides him, letting his now rotten fingers gently caress his former friends forehead. With a raspy whisper he asked:

"Yes or no, old friend?"

Wilhelm's blue eyes emitted the stench of fear, even more so as they widened in recognition of who exactly they were seeing. Time stood still for a moment as Nagan kept a cold gaze upon Wilhelm while awaiting an answer.

"I.. I.. Yes, but it wasn't supposed to... Forgi-..."

Wilhelm did not get to finish his sentence before Nagan pressed his claw-like nails and fingers into the bare neck of Wilhelm Two-face. Blood squirted into his face, but Nagan took no notice. He just made sure to look his former friend deep in his eyes as he shut their lights. Forever.

After a few moments, Wilhelm had lost all color, and lay dead at the feet of Nagan and mysterious stranger who placed his hand on his shoulder in a mockery of sympaty.

" One death was too mild, dear child. More death is needed."

Nagan agreed silently, standing with his hand firmly clasped while feeling the sticky blood of Wilhelm between his fingers.

"Your new life is not your own. You are an extension of her Dark Majesty's very will, and as such you must serve. Not many are aware, but the Valkyrs have recently pledged themselves to our Lady after the fall of the wretched Lich King. They brought you back, we will bring you ahead."

Nagan listened to his words and the void within him was not a void at all. It was pure. Pure darkness. The pure dark power of the Queen - his new Queen.

"I shall.. Serve."

Nagan felt the realization flow through his mind.

"I am no longer my own."

He looked at the stranger with a burning gaze.

".. I will devote my existance to the one who saved me. My Queen is my all."

Nagan bowed his head in recognition and respect. Funny, in life there was no meaning, in death he had found it.

"Very good, very good indeed." the stranger smiled maliciously.

"You shall prove a valuable asset, a sharpened tool. Your knowledge of Gilneas is most... Desireable."

Walking out of the door together, the stranger looked at Nagan:

"And I promise you, young one.. Once the pathetic nation falls under the heel of our Majesty, you will be in the center of it."

Why does your character want to join the guild?

As the short-story above illustrates, Nagan is fiercely dedicated towards the queen. He proved himself during the invasion of Gilneas, and was accepted as a Deathstalker prospect. It is a natural step for him to join The Spine - offering his talents and loyalty.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Since he was trained as an agent under King Greymanes rule, he is schooled in the classical art of espionage, assasination and reconnaissance. His skills have further been developed since joining the ranks of the Forsaken.

How does your character respond to authority?

He responds well - having been used to it. Yet his loyalty is totally and unconditionally towards Queen Sylvanas - and as such will not respond well to anyone with a questionable purpose.

PS. My story is quite long, but I got carried away. I hope you bear with me and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Nagan Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Nagan Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Application - Nagan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Nagan   Application - Nagan I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:45 am

Excellent!
Great Application, just contact:

Geriand
Vraenesha
Viatrix
or
Rikaan

Ingame for your ic interview!
Back to top Go down

Application - Nagan
Page 1 of 1