The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application: Kloth

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kloth

Application: Kloth Empty
PostSubject: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:27 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I started playing in late vanilla, cleared some of molten core back then and then had a long break. Came back in late bc and have been playing ever since.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Well, i would say my english is pretty decent. I make occasional mistakes in grammar etc, but i understand english very well. Im from Finland, so english isnt my first language.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I've played for a few months in a guild called: The cult of the raptor in argent dawn. I play lots of rpg:s like fallout, oblivion, dragon age etc, but havent been roleplaying in wow that much.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I raided molten core in vanilla, i didnt raid at all in tbc and in wotlk i raided a bit of naxx10 and sarth, but that's about it. I've never really been much into pvp, done some random bg:s, but thats about it.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I concider myself a fairly helpfull person, so i would be very helpfull and i have a fairly good sence of humour.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Allmost everyday, exept Thursdays and Sundays from 19.00-23.00 (raids on my main)

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Well roleplaying mostly, if im in the mood i would do some bg:s and if there is a guild event i would take part of it.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I want to get back to roleplaying in wow and the forsaken seem interesting to rp. I've always liked in roleplaying games to play as the "bad guys", but i know that the forsaken arent all bad.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Title (if applicable):

Current Occupation: A member of the royal Apothecary society.

Race:Undead Human

Level: 1 at the moment ( I know that i'd need to be level 20+, but im begging you to ignore it).

In-game Class & Spec': Warlock and not yet decided
IC Class:

Hair Colour: Purple
Eye Colour: Green
Height: 185 cm ( We dont use the "feet" measure in Finland, so i put it in cm:s).

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

The Royal Apothecary Society. Kloth has always been good at potions, so he helps the royal apothecary society with his skills to make the new plague.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde?

Kloth doesent really care about the rest of the horde, but he hates blood elves. Kloth knows that it is good to have allies if the forsaken need them, but at the end Kloth only serves the banshee queen.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

In Kloths opinion Putress was a traitor, it was good that the forsaken showed their power, but He did it in secret from Sylvanas.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde? Kloth doesent like the new "war theme" of the horde. In his opinion Garrosh has a foolish thirst for war and that he will eventually get killed because of it. Kloth is very loyal to Sylvanas and he doesent question her acts.

Family: Both parents died in a fire, but he had a sister named Emily.

Character History: (This is my first time ever writing this kinda thing, so please dont let my poor writing skills be a major problem).

Kloth and his sister Emily lived in a small house in Lordaeron they were also very poor. Emily worked at the local bar as a cook and Kloth was a student at the local alchemist. One day when Kloth was experimenting with chemicals, he heard weird noices at the cellar of the house. He knew that his teacher couldn't be there couse he had said that he would go hunting. Kloth grabbed a knife from the nearby desk and slowly made his way to the cellar. He opened the door, and what he saw would change his life forever.

Kloth saw three men performing somekind of a ritual and he saw his teacher reading a weird book. The magic facinated Kloth and he wanted to learn more from it. For the next two years Kloth trained to master the arts of the dark magic with his master.

One day Kloth was going to a friend of his, when he heard people screaming. He saw undead everywhere, he tried to run to the church where other people were also heading, but he didnt make it, a geist jumped him. He tried to fight it, but it was too much for him. The last thing he saw was the sight of tens of people being eaten alive.

When Kloth was raised from the dead, he didnt know what to do. The other forsaken told him that he could help the royal apothecary society with his skills, and so he did. He continued to train the dark arts, with the hope of one day seeing his sister again.

Why does your character want to join the guild? He wants to help the forsaken as much as he can, and he feels that he can be more succesful with other people like him.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild? Kloth is an alchemist, so that and his skills as a warlock.

How does your character respond to authority? Kloth allmost always follows his orders without a question.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

I disagree here. Allthought to the outside the forsaken may seem evil, but in my opinion that is not the case. Lets take Sylvanas for an example, she is trying to get a better future to her people. Her means of doing so may not be the most "good", but it is the principle that counts. And also there are forsaken serving the argent dawn, who are trying to make all of azeroth a better place to live. I dont know if Bolvar is concidered forsaken, but if he is he is a prime example of this case. He sacrificed his own life to control the scourge, so that they wouldnt go berseker., thus saving the lives of thousands.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application: Kloth Left_bar_bleue85/85Application: Kloth Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:58 am

Considering you're new to RP this application is pretty good, I'll give you a yes seeing as getting to level 20 is insanely easy to do now.
Back to top Go down
Torgy

Torgy

Character
Name: Donovan J. LaFleur
Profession: Rogue
Level:
Application: Kloth Left_bar_bleue80/80Application: Kloth Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Giving you a slight hint before the others see it and judge it, capital letters ( especially when you say "I've been playing since Vanilla" ) and 's, no idea what they're called but I can't explain it any better, will get you far!
Back to top Go down
Kloth

PostSubject: Re: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:36 am

Yeah, thx for the tip =)
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Level:
Application: Kloth Left_bar_bleue80/80Application: Kloth Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:31 am

Honestly, despite Torge's tip, your spelling and grammar irks me.
Your application should have been proof read, and as such, the number of mistakes you've made borders on unacceptable. If you could tidy it up, that would be appreciated and give your application and successful yes from myself.
Back to top Go down
Euron

Euron

Character
Name: Euron Blackheart
Level:
Application: Kloth Left_bar_bleue82/85Application: Kloth Empty_bar_bleue  (82/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:11 am

Well considering he mentioned English isn't his first Language, You can't really fault him on that to be honest, If you find (Hehe i had to retype find due to me spelling it backwards) mistakes with it help him to improve his english?.

And i would say Yes also if my voice counts albino
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Euron wrote:
Well considering he mentioned English isn't his first Language, You can't really fault him on that to be honest

The thing is, we can. We have several European members in the guild who have quite excellent skills, we even have someone with dyslexia whose application was easier to read then the one above because they took the time to proof read it and make sure what they wrote made sense and was spelled correctly.

The odd mistake in RP is fine, that's understandable and everyone does it. On an application form, which should be proof read and spell checked in a word document first; poor spelling and grammar isn't really an excuse for anyone.

Euron wrote:
help him to improve his english?.
We have this discussion a lot, so I'll repeat the generally accepted decision here for reference.
The Spine is not a school. We are a conglomerate of roleplayers with exceptional roleplaying talent. The Spine, while controversially in some minds, does not take applicants on the basis that they may improve. We strive to actively recruit the best to ensure for the most pleasurable RP environment for its players. We cannot accept every application, and by all means I hope I haven't started doing that again, and the reason behind the application form is that it allows us to see what the player is like as a whole. A proof read piece of writing such as this application will allow us to see their creativity, their writing style and their commitment to the guild. The more effort they've put into their application form, the more effort we make to ensure they find their way into our ranks.

Euron wrote:
And i would say Yes also if my voice counts albino
Unfortunately, you have to be an Officer to make a call on an application. Your view/opinion is however highly valued and when they do appear on applications, we do take note that those players have not only attracted the eyes of the officers who have to read the applications, but also the players who have chosen to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Kloth   Application: Kloth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Kloth
Page 1 of 1