The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application, Furion.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James the Awesome

Application, Furion. Empty
PostSubject: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:13 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Hello! I'm Furion, and i've been currently playing World of Warcraft since it's release. I can honestly say i've lost track of how long that is! But, i remember having an absolutely epic Human Warrior, i used to be convinced intellect was benefitial to my damage. I never did get very far... Hmm...
How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I'd say i'm very confident, i was born in England, and the english language has been a massive part of my life, being involved in writing and acting. I have to be confident or else portraying my image would be impossible on stage and behind the computer. (when RP'ing.)
What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
I have had many characters throughout my gaming life. I initially started as a warrior, but found it hard to conjure the drive to actually level to the level cap. I often made numorous characters - I thought that i was playing wrongly for making so many characters, but quickly found that by doing this i had created a rather large knowledge on each individual character. I can now honestly say i have quite an experienced fact file regarding each class. I did this for a solid year, but, then quickly found myself engrossed within RP. I simply loved it! I loved how it could take me away to a different place, where my acting experience in real life could reflect upon my characters. I used to love being the evil part, the simply devilish, souless cretin that everyone feared. So, from then on, i RP'ed, and that has been my solid strength within WoW.
If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
I have always considered myself a confident people person, so, i'd like to say i'd bring humour and held to possibly the lower members. I'd treat people as i'd like to be treated, and take into account that when people are RP'ing, the last thing they'd like to see is a spamming Guild chat. So, i'd be very mindful and careful. And make sure i was polite at all times.
If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I am a daily player. But, i am also a student. So i'd be online, every day, from around 4:45 game time and onwards. But from now, and the next few weeks, i can play every day, starting from the afternoon. But of course, spontaenous plans made IRL will come over WoW, but i will make sure they do not interupt any events.
If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
My priority would be to make sure i'm in a good hotspot for RP, and occasionally, if there truely is nothing else to do, i would level. And talk to the Guild members. And sometimes; i'd offer them help.
Why do you wish to join the guild?
I have heard that The Spine is fabulous from my friend - Dresta. She tells me how fantastic the RP is, and as i'm currently on Alliance, waiting for my faction change to take place, i thought it was a no-brainer!
CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name:Captain Furion Duskbane

Title (if applicable): The Merciless.
Current Occupation: N/A

Race: Undead Human

Level: 76.

In-game Class & Spec': Frost Deathknight, no spec.
IC Class: Deathknight.

Hair Colour: Black.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Height: 6'' 1

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
I would definately say Furion is most like The Deathguard. He's a powerful, formidable fighter on the battlefield, no mercy. He see's no distincition between natural death and murder. He's very brutal, and is well known for his brutal killing, and shreeking battle cries. He can adapt to any battle situation with prowess and efficiency.
How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Furion is still getting to grips with the sudden change. Considering he is barely an experienced undead. But quickly, his mind-set changes and he finds himself completely engrossed in the Forsaken world. He see's no need to squabble on the place in society, simply because he feels that every life form is below the forsaken. He show's no mercy to any other race within the Horde, and is very rarely seen communicating with them.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Furion has not been around for that event, but he has heard many tales of the event. And from what he can understand; the death of the Alliance Soldiers and the Death of the Scourge was nothing but a victory. Although, the Horde that died during the forsaken uprising should have been spared, dispite Furion's hatred for them.
How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?
Furion feels that other races are infact letting the Forsaken down. He has adopted a hatred for the Worgen, and has been seen involved within various plans of mass murder towards their birthplace, and whereabouts. He currently feels that Garosh is an inspirational fighter, and is one to mimic on the battlefield. His knowledge of the political side of the Horde is currently nieve.
Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.

Character History: Furion was born in Duskwood, he was raised with his Father. Furion was rarely seen out of the House. At the age of 19, Furion joined the Army. He was originally called Toby, but refused that name on several occassions. He quickly excelled through the ranks of the Alliance Army as a savage, a feared fighter. Rumour's say he was raised by Vyk'Rul themself. Taught never to surrender, never to show weakness. And that death is a part of life, and should be welcomed. -Only- upon the Battlefield, sword in hand. Furion reached the rank of Captain before his tragic death within Alterac Valley, he was one of the first to explore deep into the Horde battalion. He led a group of Soldier's to acompany him. He was Assassinated moments into his assault on the keep, surrounded by five Orc marauders, sending him to his grave. He awoke as a Deathknight, under the Lich King's supreme control. Furion was favoured due to his brutallity and fearless attitude, the Lich King took kindly to him, and sent Furion off into various, mass homicide opperations. Never expecting Furion to return, each time, he did. Concerned by Furion's mindless rage, the Lich King sentanced him to excecution without a doubt in mind.. Still, Furion cared not. And welcomed it. His head left his body on week 5 of his ressurection. Furion then found himself under layers of dirt, his old, crepid hand bursting out of the dirt. As he rose, he was acompanied by a sudden realisation of his fate, he was infact ressurected as a Forsaken, sent to deathknell with many others to be raised by the Val'kyr.. Meanwhile, Furion's father quickly began to raise other elite Soldiers, much like Furion. Teaching them the same disclipine as always.

Furion has been undead for a mere few weeks, and has yet to pick up a single Blade. Distraught by his fate, Furion finds himself in a spiralling quest to forfill his lust for blood. He wonders aimlessly, confused whether he should take his horrid revenge the Horde... Or simply serve Sylvanas.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
My Character could bring a bloodthirsty, brutal side to the Guild's military. A side that is feared by any opponent.
How does your character respond to authority?
Furion will follow any order given without any second thought. He will complete the given task under any means necessary, even if death is the finish line.
TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
ANS) The forsaken are a misjudged race, to say the least. Although many fear they are simply mindless, bloodthirsty scavangers. In recent times it is clear that the forsaken want nothing more than to secure their homeland, Lordaeron, and settle. They have undergone two lifes, and some, especially Deathknights, have undergone previous lifes, deaths, and are having time adjusting to their fate.
They are not just sinister beings content on taking what the Alliance and Horde throw at them, but lost souls. Their methods, on the other hand, are questionable. Necromancy and ghastly inventions seem to be their only weapon, their view; the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

Although, the Forsaken's loyalty has been argued. As Sylvanas has risen an empire, so strong and so feared from nothing, are we to believe she would merely give it all back? If Calia Menethil returned, the forsaken should be expected to give what is rightfully hers, and return to lordaeron and all territory associated with that.

Sylvanas has granted something that no other King, Queen or commander could grant. That is revenge, a longing soul that has been beaten and buried under the ground has one right, and that right is to full fill their revenge. Could Sylvanas give all this up? Are the forsaken considered evil and sinister for merely taking back what is rightfully theres?

For some reason, the picture from the template won't work! It's being a right little minx. I also apologise for my character not actually being on the correct faction yet, Blizzard are playing some very cruel games with my money!

Thank you for reading, and i hope i've impressed. Smile

Last edited by Furion on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application, Furion. Left_bar_bleue85/85Application, Furion. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:22 am

I’m glad you applied Furion!

Although this application could perhaps have benefited from a tiny bit more attention here and there, you’ve covered every field and written a nice essay to finish it off. I have to say, however, that I don't really understand the 'race' section.

At any rate, I heartily vouch for this former Scarlet!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 am

I-... Bu-.... Wh-...
Butbut...
Wh-...

Urgh.
I am so confused. With a lot of stuff in Char. History. And the OOC part could use some paragraphs...
Nathan and Geriand, to the resque, please! *drops arms helplessly*
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:37 am

Your grammar is top knotch and it feels smooth when reading it, you can tell you've written before.

However, there are a few points I can't let slide.

Quote :
''Eye colour: Black''

There are a rare few Death Knight's who do not have blue eyes and those have red eyes instead.
I'm not sure how or why he has this unique deformity, perhaps it has a reason you didn't mention?

Quote :
''Threatened by Furion's power and rage, the Lich King sentanced him to excecution, and framed his treason''

1: That's some insane power there, rather than being raised by the ''vyk'rul'', you sure you weren't raised by saiyans?

2: Why would he frame for treason? He's the Lich King, he could play beach volleyball with your head and nobody would even ask why.

Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Level:
Application, Furion. Left_bar_bleue85/85Application, Furion. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:55 am

I agree. Like I said; you do need to give some aspects of this application a bit more attention. I didn’t feel like delving into specifics.

You’ve still got my vouch because I’ve roleplayed with you before, and I know you’re a talented roleplayer. I also understand that you’re new to the undead scene, so you’re likely to make a few mistakes. Why not revise this application and resubmit it with the amendments made?
Back to top Go down
Viatrix

Character
Name: Viatrix
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application, Furion. Left_bar_bleue80/80Application, Furion. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:03 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2499250193 - might help if you're unsure about anything! Smile
Back to top Go down
James the Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:56 am

Hello! Thank you for replying. Smile
And yes, i didn't really think about the eye colour. I'd love to edit if i know how, so i'll answer your questions here...

His eye colour is infact blue, like most Deathknights, but his eye colour was black when he was ressurected as an undead. I should of been more specific! Smile

And no, Furion is not super-powerful, but like i said, the Lich King was threatened. I like to add little details when asked, but yes, the Lich King could of swatted Furion, but didn't, simply because he liked Furion's brutallity and merciless attitude. Smile The framing side is a little nieve, i agree. I was trying to put across that Furion's excecution was involved with the Lich King's disproval, but i couldn't think of a clear way to explain it! Sorry to confuse you all, i do get a little carried away sometimes with my character's history, that's been picked up on before. But thankfully, i've never had to explain it ICly before. So, that concept was new to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Level:
Application, Furion. Left_bar_bleue80/80Application, Furion. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:55 am

Your character history has a lot of plot holes, and the Lich King sentencing you to execution still smells of overpowered DeathKnight.
I'm not comfortable accepting the application as it is now; purely because I have rejected better.

If you can tidy it up, clean up your history and make it presentable (Hint capitalise your "i" in the right places and use paragraphs) I'll give it another read and see what we can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:54 pm

He's a Lich King... I really don't think he would give a rats arse. If anything, then would play a ball with someone's head, if he wanted to, without a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application, Furion.   Application, Furion. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application, Furion.
Page 1 of 1