The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application- Loraney Firecrow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loracrow

Application- Loraney Firecrow Empty
PostSubject: Application- Loraney Firecrow   Application- Loraney Firecrow I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:16 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
08/08 Approx. 3 years, so late Burning Crusade just after the Black Temple was released.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
More than confident as it's my native language

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.
Dungeons and Dragons a few years ago with friends, more recently Rp in MMOs including WoW, WAR, and LOTRO

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
I've tried my hand at everything but overall 90% of my time has been spent rping. Since I joined the server (The day I started playing) I've played Alliance and most of the time have been a member of fairly major rp guilds, such as Army of Wrynn, Argent Reach, Vanguard of Vigilance, House of Dandred and Lightsworn, on various characters, only to have left due to guild breakdown or a neccessity due to IRL issues. PVE I have only dabbled in, by which I mean, heroics in Wrath and the occasional failed PUG or guild run. Retro raiding more recently, which comprised of Nefarion (BWL) and the whole of Molten Core. Cataclysm has just been the occasional normal really, no real need for me to do them. PVP-wise I never really enjoyed or got into it, but within the past few months I did some rated-bgs and randoms for the honor gear, just something to do over vent on a boring evening. I went into an Arena once. It went badly.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
A willing attitude to further explore Horde (And more accurately, Forsaken) lore and roleplaying, aside from crummy jokes involving the internet and a bad taste in wow-parodies involving blood elves or Jesse Cox singing about lore... Aside from that, I often have a lot of time on my hands that would otherwise be spent doing dailies or randomly flying around Orgrimmar and as such have time to answer questions and travel across two continents and a portal to help someone with a group quest.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Near to every evening, and quite a bit of time during the weekends, but as always the time will fluctuate around IRL events.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Events hosted by the guild and any available rp, though it's unlikely there's anything else that'd be going on at the time for me anyway.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I want to get more into the Forsaken, as it's not really a race I've dug much into aside from the story involving the Wrathgate, Sylvanas, the Third War and how generally shifty they tend to be. I see them as something that sounds great to rp and I'm sure the Spine is the place to get into it and make sure I don't make a mess of it. Plus your involvement in the Arathi Highlands RPPVP event (Which went really well until White Horse showed up) showed me what you can get up to.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Loraney Magatha Firecrow

Title (if applicable):
Current Occupation: Raider

Race:
-Undead Human

Level: 85

In-game Class & Spec': Fury/Prot Warrior
IC Class: Warrior (Swordsman)

Hair Colour: Bleached Crimson
Eye Colour: Yellow
Height: 5f 9i

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
The Deathguard. Loraney in death as in life, is a capable swordswoman, able to hold even a lengthier blade with no issue, the death she suffered and the events in her unlife as a forsaken have caused her to be far less remorseful about her kills and victories, doing it all in the name of the Dark Lady. Whilst she is not the stealthiest of people, her employment as a raider of supply lines in the service of Sylvanas has lead to her honing her skills of ambush and surprise, which is necessary in such services.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Having seen the Forsaken join the Horde and witnessed 10 years of their "alliance", she has grown accustomed to serving with those who in life she'd have killed. Whilst she subscribes to the view that they are useful, but not exactly vital, she does see it the Forsaken may not succeed alone in the world, due to the forces arrayed against them.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Loraney, whilst no-where near the Wrathgate at the time, has heard the story many times, and constantly feels a hatred for both Putress and his Apothecaries, but also for their Allies that so quickly turned on them, seeing that it was one of their race, that committed the atrocities. Whilst she does not fully trust the Apothecarium to this day, she does remember that it was not fully their fault, and tries to remain silent at the mention of the Wrathgate.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?
She sees it that the Horde is stronger than ever, especially with the Banshee Queens new found "weapons" as well as their victories across the continents. With the Lich King dead it is now their duty to fight with the Horde, and under the new, clearly more fitting of the title, Warchief, she sees no problem in stating the Horde as dominant. Personally she prefers Garrosh, saying occasionally in private that he might be able to take the Horde.. and the Forsaken to victory over their enemies.
Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.
Father- Mithurinatus Firecrow (Deceased)
Sister- Ellia Firecrow (Alive)
Brother- Darion Firecrow (Alive)

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.

Her father was Gilnean, as was her Mother, but they were not neccessarily married. Her father took her and her Siblings out of Gilneas at some point before the Orcish Invasion of Azeroth, using his money and influence to find a way out to Hillsbrad. She was abandoned in the town by her father, due to her illegitimate nature, and grew up there. She never really asked questions or searched for him, but by the time she was 19 she had left and was finding her way through to Lordaeron, seeking fame and fortune in the city as many did. 5 years later and she'd been roaming for far too long, having grown bored of the city early on, and deciding to live life in the forests as a woodsman (Woman?), poaching and occasionally robbing the people of the farms and roads of Lordaeron's many lands. 2 years before Sylvanas Windrunner was to raise her army of the dead, Loraney fell prey to a noble, whom she tried to steal from. The nobleman, seeing that he was nearly robbed and humiliated by not only a commoner but also a woman, was furious and ordered that this was kept quiet and his men ensure that she didn't spread the word, so they hung her from the branch of a tree, before throwing her corpse into the roadside ditch, but not before taking any stolen valuables and coin she had from previous exploits.

Two years have passed. Thrall has crossed the sea and Arthas has returned, being moody and killing his father. She, along with many others, was raised from death to be a part of the forsaken, and from that day onwards was intensely loyal to Sylvanas and her ideals, thankful for her second chance. Ever since she has had a part in any major Forsaken campaign, putting her skills and talents to use serving the Dark Lady, most distinquishably in Northrend, gaining repute for her actions against the Scourge, as well as the Alliance of Valgarde, because that burning Icebreaker was totally not her fault.

Now she still serves, recently serving in Silverpine and the Conquest of her birthland, not that she remembers, treading on the corpses of her recently-dead kinsmen as the Forsaken press ever onwards.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Lethal force, and the use of hit and run tactics. Specializing in brute force more than silently killing, Loraney has a tendency to make a mess of her enemies, or the surrounding area.
How does your character respond to authority?
In her undeath Loraney is more than comfortable with following orders and listening to her superiors, if they are Forsaken. In her eyes, anyone chosen by the Dark Lady to lead is as good as the Banshee Queen herself.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
It has been said that since the forsaken joined the Horde, that they're relationship has been mistrusting and difficult. It is possible to say that this is true in some instances, though overall the "natural" Horde has maintained a sensible standing with the Forsaken when it comes to the battlefield. Though there are instances between major lore characters of tension and mistrust (See "Shut your Clever Mouth, Biatch"), it also be said that these instances are reserved for them, and that the mainstream members of the Horde are in harmony, united against a common enemy, that being the Alliance. The events following the cataclysm give mixed messages in terms of what the races see in each other. Sylvanas' campaign in Silverpine Forest and Gilneas, gives rise to the thought that possibly Garrosh gave the assignment to her people as possibly a task to be taken as a path to redemption, after the Wrathgate. It could also be seen as some kind of "Punishment" given to the Forsaken as a burden, though seeing Sylvanas' confidence throughout the campaign, this is highly unlikely.
The Wrathgate was a time of horrible betrayal and distrust for the Horde, and the Orcish reaction is only natural and forseeable. Sending in the Kor'Kron to watch over the Forsaken in Undercity could be seen as actually strengthening the relationship, showing the rest of the Horde that nothing overly sinister goes on in Undercity, and that in time, the Orcs may leave, though some (The Forsaken) may see it as a sign of repression and showing that Orcs wish nothing more than to enslave the Forsaken for their own use! ... Of course. That's not true in the slightest and anyone who says it is, has clearly never been to Orgrimmar.
Never the less, the work of the Forsaken (And to some extent the Blood Elves) in the North of the Eastern Kingdoms has proved invaluable to the Horde, seizing far more territory than the Horde has in Kalimdor over the same period of time. It could be said that the Forsaken are mightier than the rest of the Horde combined, but then Garrosh would rend your head from your body, and that's never a good thing.
In the end the relationship between the Horde and the Forsaken is not only improving, it is stronger than it ever was, even after the fateful events of Northrend, which in the long run, it could be argued brought the Horde closer together, and who knows, maybe the Forsaken will be chanting "LOK TAR!" in the years to come.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application- Loraney Firecrow Left_bar_bleue85/85Application- Loraney Firecrow Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application- Loraney Firecrow   Application- Loraney Firecrow I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Other than the last bit being a bit of a wall of text this application is great, you have a yes from myself, we shall see if anyone else agrees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application- Loraney Firecrow   Application- Loraney Firecrow I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Looks fine to me.
Whisper Anthraxius, Marwonaeth, Geriand, Manners, Isaelle or Viatrix for IC interview and invite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application- Loraney Firecrow   Application- Loraney Firecrow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application- Loraney Firecrow
Page 1 of 1