The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Lyillihn Shalién

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyillihn

Application - Lyillihn Shalién Empty
PostSubject: Application - Lyillihn Shalién   Application - Lyillihn Shalién I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 am

PLAYER INFORMATION

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

- Month and Year you started playing.
September 2005
- Which expansion and/or patch you started playing with.
A few days before patch 1.7
- How long you have been playing ( X Years)
5 years, I had a few breaks in between.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am dyslexic, and I am very realiant on Google Chrome at the moment to correct me, in WoW, I use the addon Misspelled.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
Well, I consider myself experienced. LARP'ed for now almost 5 years, D&D and similar tabletops for 3 years (every 3 weekends), and WoW, never left RP servers. First on Moonglade, then Sha'tar.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
PvE wise, never so much untill the DungeonFinder - I am more of a roleplayer. PvP - nothing.
I am now going along with raids with my guild, but my priest is still a bit undergeared.

I play WoW for the RP - not the other sides in fairness. Enjoyable, yes, but in moderation. RP I could do all day. (I hate questing, with a passion)

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
According to my Alliance guild, a GLaDOS styled sarcasm, such as "Congratulations killing that rabbit hero, you saved us all from it's murderous rampage." - or "Well done getting that non-important achievement, It must have been quite the achievement to spend all that time waiting, alone, doing nothing."

In all seriousness though, I think I am friendly, and 'generous*'. Perhaps even likable, it said so in my file.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Whilst I can not really determine how much time I can spend, I believe 'a lot' is a good word. I have very little real life obligations, and have 'a lot' of spare time. At minimum? Every other day, in event that no real life extreme situations take hold... Bleh! Real life..!

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Roleplay, if I am required for PvE - find someone else.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
Right,.. here is the point where I potentially blow myself up..! - After the Arathi Advance, I thought the Spire looked so AWESOME, and had such a great player base, I wanted to have a Hordie to be with them / you. I still think that even though the guild I am in now on the Alliance Side is awesome, it does not give me enough Roleplay-ability. There are events, and it's wonderful - But I just can not 'extend' my character enough. (Even though she is pretty... un-extendable, it bothers me.)

I hope The Spire can give me a platform on which I -can- roleplay, and I believe it can.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name:
Lyillihn Tyrnal Shalién (something) - I know I had an extra last name.. but I forgot, I will probably redact it.

Current Occupation:
Non / unemployed.

I have never bothered giving an age to my characters, whilst it adds immersion, I feel it also 'limits' myself into having to remember something - such as a date of birth.
Added to that, is that I have never roleplayed a human, and all other races I played where 'much older', i.e. Elves, Draenei, Gnomes... ect. - I have always been able to claim "I can not remember" or "I stopped counting at...".

Race:
Undead Elf

Level:
To low to apply at the moment - I didn't read thoroughly there was a 70 level requirement until I was at Current Occupation with writing. And because I do not like PvE (apart from dungeon finder) It will probably take me at least a week to get to 70.

In-game Class & Spec': Death Knight Frost (off spec' Blood)
IC Class: I don't understand what to fill in here.

Hair Colour: Blue or White, still need to pick.
Eye Colour: Mucked (as in, not so bright, and colour not so visible.)

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
Deathguard, Lily isn't a potion maker, nor is he the best sneaking guy - It leaves little to choose from there.

This is mostly because I rolled a Death Knight for once, to actually be a sort of Death Knight, and not something else. Because normally the Apothecary would have my choice, but now it wouldn't fit the story I have in mind for Lily.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he react to other races within the Horde?
The Horde itself is unsettling and Lily is disappointing in what the 'High Elves' turned into, magic slurping elves.. a disgrace of their heritage. - If anything, his 'state' at the moment, makes him feel more as a forsaken, then elf. (also IC reason to apply). He does not belong in Silvermoon, with all those living, and if anything he can find solace in the forsaken feeling similar. Not belonging.

He would not mock the horde races, apart from some / most Blood Elves

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
OOC'ly I know very little about this, thus do not know.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?
Stupefied that the orcs are being led by a power-hungry warmonger, disappointed that the magic slurping elves are even part of something like that. Surprised that the Tauren are even still part of this faction. And 'pleased*' to see the Forsaken 'abusing' the political turmoil as a cover for all their deeds.

Family:
Non, all dead(Unless forsaken?) - Boo hoo (not). If family is forsaken, unknown to lily.

Character History:
I don't want to give spoilers, and at the same time, don't want to be to sappy, so I will keep it short, and perhaps very unoriginal.

Lily was a fancy looking elf, training to be a frost mage, until a haphazard magic spell ended his life, albeit a bit prematurely. (Compared to a natural death)

Being buried and left to nature's decay, he was salvaged by the Scourge, and raised (resurrected) as a Death Knight. Being rather indifferent about his strange death, he cared little for the living, and was easily fell to the Lich King in-doctrine methods.

After the point where the Death Knights where 'freed' from the grasp of the Lich King, he tried to 'pick up' his life again, having noticed that it is (many) years later and not having any living relatives or friends, he tried to find his place in Silvermoon. Unsuccessfully. Suffering the plagiarism of Silvermoon to the unliving, he eventually started to hang around more in Undercity, to which the history catches up with the present.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
The insatiable urge to make others suffer has gotten to him, as also the 'hatred*' towards the elves has gotten to him, and he can no longer stand to remain in or near Silvermoon. He believes the 'war' will satisfy his 'hunger' to inflict pain.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
His control over frost magic from his previous life still remains with him, and his added strength given to him as Death Knight add him up as satisfactory opponent.

How does your character respond to authority?
Well, or - immediately. He requires structure, and order to 'function' - without it, his head will turn into chaos, causing him to be lost inside himself. When the Ebon Knights were freed, he went insane from the lack of control - and thus is still seeking that control again. (Voice in your head withdrawal)

TEST OF ABILITY
To show my 'raw' english, I shall not use google chrome to fix my typo's now. As similar would be in game, if I would have to type fast, or reply quickly.

The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken...

or are there? - I myself believe the forsaken are more just indifferent, and not 'evil' - 'evil' is a label put onto something that does not follow your beliefs, in such an extreme it opposes it.

If a forsaken is evil, then surely the alliance in its entirety is too? - I mean, there is mindless killing of orcs, bandits, and even denying it's own citicens to live inside it's own walls? (Westfall anyone?).

A forsaken is evil when he is also 'unjust' to other forsaken, it is a matter of pride and betrail. A forsaken works for their own better, or that of those above him. But evil is a to large word to describe them as. Sylvanas herself is not evil either, just alone. She was killed, then ressurected, and had to take her own (.. or an other ones *bounce bounce bounce*) body. That alone would be enough to drive one mad, but then to have the Dreadlords also poke around in your sanity,.. It is more sad what has happened to the forsaken then maddening.

( didn't count, is it 300 yet? If not, I don't like writing an essay, if this is -really- important, can I send in an fan-fic for one of my other characters?)

Application - Lyillihn Shalién Gerian10
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Lyillihn Shalién Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Lyillihn Shalién Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lyillihn Shalién   Application - Lyillihn Shalién I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Accepted multiple times over, don't even wait until level 70.
Hit one of Viatrix, Manners, Anthraxius or Isaelle for your IC interview Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lyillihn Shalién   Application - Lyillihn Shalién I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Man, that's the best example for other dyslexic people out there, who instead of doing something to improve themselves, just whine that they can't spell. My /salute to you.
And yes, waiting for you to approach us in-game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Lyillihn Shalién   Application - Lyillihn Shalién I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Lyillihn Shalién
Page 1 of 1