The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Vraenesha

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application - Vraenesha Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Vraenesha Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Application - Vraenesha Empty
PostSubject: Application - Vraenesha   Application - Vraenesha I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Around four to five years. Since the Shadow of the Necropolis patch came out.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am fairly confident in my English. English is my second language, my first being Danish, but having lived in England for the past two years, I have grown confident. Beside, I can easily look up words in a web-dictionary, which I usually keep tabbed, and do feel free to correct me, as I take no offense.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

I've been roleplaying in WoW a tiny bit before TBC, but I really got into it just after the release. I've done casual forum-rp and the likes before, but WoW is what got me started for real.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.

As mentioned before, I have been roleplaying for roughly four years now, and has been the master of several (unsuccesful) guilds in the past. I've also served as officer in quite a few guilds in the past.
I'm a casual PvP'er, and the only arena team I've been in lasted for around four hours. I quite enjoy battlegrounds, the vehicular warfare in intrigues me in particular (Wintergrasp, Strand of Ancients, Isle of Conquest), but that is it.
I do enjoy the storylines of Warcraft, and have since I've started playing made a semi-proof database of quests in mind. This meaning, that I can help with most objectives of quests. I quite enjoy PvE, and I've done all TBC raids up to Black Temple on my Warlock (with the exception of Gruul's and Magtheridon's Lair). I've done quite a few WotLK raids as well, but nothing past Ulduar, where I've only done Flame Leviathan. I'm not a hyper raider. I'll help where I can, and with enjoyment if it's casual, and not rushed and strictly linear ("do that, do that now or get kicked" - no thank you).

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

Hmm, I would bring my lovely self. As stated before, I know quite a few quests, as well as a general knowledge of all classes. Socially, I bring you slight humor and well, me.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

As often as possible. I have no other interesting characters to play on, and Your guild is perfect for my thirst for quality. On top of that, I hardly doubt that I would ever make a character that catch my attention more than Vraenesha.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Definitely roleplay. I'm not a high-end raider or a rated Arena player.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I have several reasons for why I'd love to join your guild. First of all, I have heard great things about your guild: the roleplay is top-notch and the OOC community is unique. Secondly, it would make sense for my character to join you, as she is not only a highly skilled Apothecary, but she is also very disciplined. And thirdly, I used to be in the Apothecarium, the predecessor of the Spine.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Felucia Lillie-Vraenesha Black.
Title (if applicable): Senior Apothecary.
Current Occupation: At the moment, she is a renegade alchemist. She was assisting her former enemy, for emotional reasons caused by the downfall of the Apothecary, but soon rebelled. She can easily be talked into rejoining the faction of her Savior, and would be more than happy to serve an elite organisation such as the Spine.

Age: Died at the age of thirtysix. She was liberated not too long ago, about three years ago. This mean that she is roughly fourtyone.
Race: Undead Human.

Level:

In-game Class & Spec': Warlock, Destruction.
IC Class: Apothecary/Alchemist.

Hair Colour: Black.
Eye Colour: N/A
Height: 5'3".

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
- The Royal Apothecary Society for sure.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

If she were to be honest, she would rather get rid of the Horde rather than working with them, and treating them as her superiors. However, she would not kill one in combat, simply mock their every action. In the past, she has worked quite closely to the Orcs, and there's is nothing on the face of Azeroth that she hates more than the Blood Elves. She dislikes the Tauren as well, as they are so blindly against her purpose. Trolls mean nothing to her; they are more useful for reagents and test subjects than soldiers.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

She feels strongly about what happened at the Wrathgate. She is proud of her race inventing such a potent poison (though, she is not open about it), but is ashamed that it was used for such an ill purpose.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.

She has no real family, that she knows of, at the moment. She murdered her only known family in life, but she is doubting whether or not they are still in their graves.

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.
-For Undead Elven characters please only cover their life from the beginning or just before Warcraft 3. By all means briefly cover their early lives but due to the long life expentancy of Elves, and the rare occassion of an Elven birth, there is no need to go into full detail concerning any events before Warcraft 3.

Felucia Lillie-Vraenesha Black was born fourtyone years ago, in an upper-class estate in Silverpine Forest, just south of Pyrewood Village. She was raised in a harsh enviroment, one younger brother (Nathan Luciph Black) born a year later and an older sister (Suzanné Black) born five years before. Her only childhood friend was her older sister, who was like a mother to her. Her birthmother has always been unknown to her, and she was instructed to call her father 'Sir', thus forgetting his actual name over time. She was forcibly wedded to Lawrence Whitecrest at the age of twelve, and even though her husband (who she barely knew) was relatively nice to her, she saw her life up the age of eighteen a tortuous nightmare. Her sister died of disease when she was fourteen, and she moved to the Capital City when she was sixteen. At the age of eighteen, she murdered her husband with a quick stab to his chest in his sleep, and set course to her childhood home, where she knifed her brother and father to death with the same dagger which she used to kill her husband. This dagger has since become her only friend.

A few months later, she was accepted into a cult of corrupted mages (or warlocks), where she was taught shadow magic at a higher level. She also became a bartender to pay for the rent. Her low-life occupation was ended instantaneously when Arthas betrayed his race. While she did not care for the Royal family, she did value her life, and attempted to escape the city before it fell into the hands of the Scourge. However, she ran into a party of raiders at around Malden's Orchard in Silverpine Forest, where she was killed and later raised as an overseer of slave workers. She broke free a good year or two after the original rebellion, where she joined the Royal Apothecary Society as a junior apothecary. Here, she worked her way up, until the glory days of the Apothecarium began, where she was promoted to 'Master Chemist', the best she could achieve before Grand Apothecary.
Unfortunately for her, Grand Apothecary Duskmantle held that position, but she had no grudges against him, seeing him as a great visionary and a 'true Forsaken'.

Upon the abolishment of the Apothecarium, she lost all she had; she 'died inside'. She attempted suicide with her own poison, Black's Disease, but not at a lethal dosis. She survived the attempt, and burst into rage; she burned down the storage of the Apothecarium and joined her nemesis, Cultist Taniel K'oh, in sheer anger towards her faction. She later fled this insanity, and hunted down Taniel, with the intention of killing her, but failing to do so. Taniel escaped, and hasn't been seen by Felucia since.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

She was an outlaw up to now, but upon seeing the opportunity of redeeming herself, she would cease the chance and rejoin, bringing her valuable knowledge with her.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Very valuable information, especially for the Royal Apothecary Society (she invented the Parablackout poison as well as Black's Disease).

How does your character respond to authority?
Felucia feels strongly about outlaws; she wants to eradicate any disloyal scum out there (which is rather hypocritical), and she follows the rules set, especially if set by herself, to the dot.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.

The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.

Why, of course! The Royal Apothecary Society is the only sane part of the Forsaken.
On a more serious note, however, the Royal Apothecary Society is probably the most vital of the three. The Forsaken is nothing without them, as they provide the machinery, the research, the poison and the intelligence. Without the Royal Apothecary Society, the Forsaken would only have Sylvanas to give them a few pearls of wisdom. While the Deathguard is useful, as it provide brutes, cannonfodder and big axes to the battlefield and the homeguard, and the Deathstalkers whispering in the dark and stabbing a few in daylight, the Royal Apothecary Society actually makes progress. I mean no offense when I say that the two others are useless compared to the Royal Apothecary Society.
I've been in this organisation for so long, which is probably why I give you such a biased reply to this, however I have explored the two other branches. I find the Royal Apothecary Society the most powerful, the most interesting and the most important branch.
On the other hand, you get the Putress and his betrayal. He was of the Royal Apothecary Society. So perhaps it is not the most powerful; perhaps it is the one with the weakest stability? With sentience come emotion, although emotion require intellect. Would this mean that, because you get such an unstable core of leadership (Putress, Darsolenew, etc), the Royal Apothecary Society is in fact the one with most influence? For example, you get the Deathguard who are the military arm of the Forsaken. You have never had a single event with them trying to take control, trying to do something as drastic as spreading mass-destruction in order to gain publicity. Wouldn't that mean that the Deathguard is ruled, and that's the end of it? And wouldn't that mean that the Royal Apothecary Society is in fact the most colourful and independent section of the glorious Forsaken?
Back to top Go down

Application - Vraenesha
Page 1 of 1