The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Anthraxius

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Anthraxius Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Anthraxius Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Application - Anthraxius Empty
PostSubject: Application - Anthraxius   Application - Anthraxius I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Ive been playing World of Warcaraft for just over 3 years, starting in March 2007, a few months before WoTLK launched.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am very confident with the english language, though prone to the occasional spelling mistake.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
World of Warcraft and Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
PvEwise I have little experience with raiding, though have completed some of the classic and Burning Crusade raids, though only since the release of Wrath of the Lich King. For RP experience I ws once a member of <The Apothecarium> with multiple characters. Ive never been overly fond of PvP, though I do occasionally participate in Wintergrasp.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Hopefully bring my slightly twisted, borderline deranged sense of humour.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I would be available to play most nights of the week unless I have prior engagements.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Depends on what mood I'm in, though guild events will generally take priority.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I made some good freinds in <The Apothecarium> and want to roleplay with them again.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Anthraxius (formerly Anton Thracius)

Current Occupation: Unemployed

Race: Undead Human

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': Warrior, Arms/Fury

IC Class: Gladiator

Hair Colour: Grey
Eye Colour: Blue
Height: 6' 4

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: Deathguard, Anthraxius works best at either the front line of fighting or on a defensive line, though his only stealth skill is burying himself for an ambush.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? Anthraxius is generally accepting of the other horde races, having some freinds among the orcs and trolls. He only becomes hostile towards them if provoked.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident? Anthraxius views the Wrathgate of an act of treachery and truly hopes the use of Putress' blight will remain just a memory.

Family:
Lorana Thracius: Anth's wife, killed during the initial scourge attack on Lordaeron, was not revived as an undead due to being torn to pieces. "Not enough lef' t' put in a matchbox".

Laura Thracius: Anth's daughter and only child, born shortly before the first war, currently alive and in Dalaran, though has not recognised her father. Anthraxius is happy knowing that she is still alive.

Character History:

Anth's own account of his early life
"I was born in Wes'fall as Anton Thracius, 40 years before the firs' war, me dad were a member of the guard there. When i was aroun' 14, me dad got an offer t' join the Lordaeron city guard, so we moved. Me ol' dad ended up gettin' killed not long after I signed up as a guard cadet. I caught the bastard that did it, saw him hanged too. Dad woulda liked that, that I caught 'im by the book."

Anton eventually went on to become a captain in the guard and marry Lorana, the daughter of a travelling merchant who frequented Lordaeron in his trade route with whom he had a daughter named Laura, shortly before the first war.

Anton fought during both the first and second war, retiring shortly after the latter to become an instructor of city guard cadets.

It was during Artha's return and subsequent attack upon Lordaeron that Anton and his wife lost their lives, Anton being resurrected as part of the Lich Kings growing Scourge army. Upon Sylvanas breaking the Lich Kings over the hold Anton took the monicker of Anthraxius and joined the newly formed Forsaken.

During his unlife Anthraxius has served with The Apothecarium under the command of Darsolenew Duskmantle, taking part in some of their most prominent actions. In his time with the Apothecarium he developed a fatherly relationship with Claudine Moore and her adoptive brother Kelmith, looking out for Claudines safety and hoping to steer Kelmith onto the right track.

His recent activities involve assisting the Argent Crusade with their cleanup of scourge remnants in Northrend, though his whereabouts for the past few months are unknown.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
As a former member of The Apothecarium, Anthraxius seeks to serve alongside his freinds and comrades once again.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Anthraxius is a skilled blacksmith, capable of making high quality weapons and armour in a relatively short time, though this skill could be put to other uses. Anthraxius is also a skilled fighter with a sound knowledge of both basic and advanced battlefield tactics, allowing him to be used flexibly on the battlefield.

How does your character respond to authority?
Anthraxius follows most orders without hesitation, though will question orders that may force him to go against his own moral code.

TEST OF ABILITY

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
While Forsaken society is itself evil, good and evil within the Forsaken depends upon each ones personality, some Forsaken may completely throw away any attachment to their old life and seek vengeance on the living, others (such as reverend Bartholemew of the Argent Dawn) may still seek to do good, using the abilities afforded to them by their undead forms to greater effect for the forces of good than they could while living.

ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
At first glance it would appear that way, but some Forsaken could seek self-empowerment as a means to help others with the powers granted to them, and seeking to balance life with death by only killing people of an evil disposition. Some Forsaken may join out of a need to feel a sense of solidarity or belonging.

iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
I don't really have an answer for this one, having seen evidence both supporting and denying this. I can't make my mind up with it.

iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
With Varimathras no longer in command of the Deathstalkers, The Royal Apothecary Society is likely the most powerful Forsaken organisation, though their actions are being closely watched by the Kor'kron guard after the betrayal of Putress, preventing them from acting without the Hordes approval.

v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
Putress should indeed be considered a traitor, his actions not only killed a great number of Horde soldiers, but almost allowed the burning legion to once again gain a foothold on Azeroth. It is also likely the Forsaken share this view as many Forsaken have come to consider themselves members of the Horde.

vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.
Again, I don't really have an answer.
Back to top Go down

Application - Anthraxius
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: