The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Kielag Icethorn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kielag

Application - Kielag Icethorn Empty
PostSubject: Application - Kielag Icethorn   Application - Kielag Icethorn I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am

Hello, my name is Mike, and i have been playing World of Warcraft since the game came out... Approximately 2005 if i recall, though of these five years i have had the game, i have only played four, due to a break to do my college work and exams. I am a decent enough English speaker, being English myself.
I have been role-playing pre-wow with Pen and Paper D&D, and since i started playing WoW, I have always played on an RP server (Earthen Ring, Moonglade, The Sha'tar).

With regards to my experience of Warcraft in respects to PvE, in vanilla i was an active raider, as well as in Burning crusade, though not at all now due to the fact i am mostly playing the game for social reasons and the enjoyment i get out of role-play. My RP history is rather large, so in short hand, i began on the Earthen Ring server, role-playing my Shaman Karrisend, after a year or so, since the role-playing spirit on the server seemed to have died, i hopped over to the Moonglade server, i would later take my Shaman over here also, on this server i role-played alliance side as my Human Warrior, Vapula. Eventually as Burning Crusade hit the shelves, i moved over to The Sha'tar, and have been here since, my Human Warrior and Tauren Shaman are both on this server now, but since their role-play appears to have become stagnant, I have created Kielag to continue to enjoy my Role-playing experience on Warcraft. And as for PvP? Well, i was never really into it.

OOCly I am the sort of person who enjoys making others comfortable, sharing jokes, and helping to create an all-round friendly atmosphere. It never bothers me if I am asked to help with questing, or boost an instance for another player. I'm always happy to help! As for my playing time, I tend to be online every day, unless there is an exam period, or holiday. I'd consider myself a rather active player. As I stated earlier, i play for the social and RP enjoyment in the game, so Events always seem to find themselves at the top of my list!

I found myself wanting to join when I role-played with some of the guild members using my Human Warrior, in Rebekka's event, it was an enjoyable experience i haven't had in group role-play in quite a long time. So I find the members of the guild to be friendly people who i could easily get along with!

Character Information:

Name: Kielag Icethorn
Age when deceased: 42
Number of "Death-days": 7
Race: Human
Level: 20
Class: Warlock (Affliction) ((ICly Demonologist))

The faction that would best fit my character would most likely be The Royal Apothecary Society my reasoning for this is that in life he dabbled in Necromancy and has been known to assist in creating new soldiers for the Forsaken.

With respects to the position of the forsaken in the Horde, Kielag seems to feel that the Forsaken should be held a lot higher in regard than they are, this could be due to his pride, or just his feeling of self-importance.

As for Family, they all perished in the plague of Lordaeron. His mother was a wealthy owner of a Jewellery business, which is where Kielag picked up his trade, his father was a Mage, and his brother was the shining star in the family.

History: Kielag was an apprentice of his mothers Jewellery for eight years since he was a child. He was always over-shadowed by his Brother, who was the "More successful" of the siblings, due to his quick advancement in magic. Kielag ended up dabbling in the forbidden arts of Demonology and Necromancy out of jealousy, eventually being caught, he was hung close to the time when the plague hit, being a fresh body, he was ripe for the picking when Necromancers began raising the bodies of the dead for Ner'zhul's scourge. Since becoming one of the forsaken, he has operated a jewellery shop in the Undercity, but lately, recent pangs to be so much more tear at him.

Icly, his reason for joining the guild would be personal advancement in the eyes of people, and in a sense, making a name for himself. He possesses skills, such as Necromancy, Demonic summoning, Wielding shadow magic, and creating magically enhanced Jewellery. As for orders, he can follow them, but odds are he'll grumble later to himself, while he's alone.

Test of Ability:

iii) To say the relations between the Horde and the forsaken are improving would have been correct, until recently. When the Forsaken recruited the Blood Elves, or Sin'dorei, into the Horde, they brought in a well needed ally, and alot more troops for the new front in Draenor. The fact that they brought in a valuable ally can be seen as warriors took to the battles wielding the magic used by the paladins of the Alliance, and the huge effort they gave at the Sunwell Isle when Kil'Jaden was summoned through the Sunwell by Kael'thas. The fact that the forsaken have been fighting loyally along side the horde for years, no-doubt shows their commitment. As many could be seen as brothers and sisters, rather than rotting corpses that walk. Due to the bond only soldiers could create, it seems only logical that the eyes of the horde where looking on the forsaken in a favourable manner. Even though their methods where sometimes questionable, their execution of operations was always professional. However, recent events at the wrath gate may have thrown a spanner in the works, as the Forsaken Apothecarys turned on the horde and alliance at the Wrathgate, and the way they managed to take over the Undercity, there is no doubt suspicions would be cast at the Forsaken as to possible future attempts to gain power, or destroy all of the living. It must be said, due to the amount of refugees at Orgrimmar from the Undercity, many may see that it was not the actions of the Forsaken as a whole, but of a select few usurpers. Though the eyes of the horde now look at the Forsaken with suspicion, future good deeds, and a lot of hard work can repair this rift, as future struggles will only bring the Horde and Forsaken closer once again.

Thank you for taking the time to read my Application.
Back to top Go down
Kielag

PostSubject: Re: Application - Kielag Icethorn   Application - Kielag Icethorn I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 am

Oh and to avoid confusion... Death-day was implied in the same ways a Birth-day, not number of days risen since death. Smile
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Kielag Icethorn Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Kielag Icethorn Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Kielag Icethorn   Application - Kielag Icethorn I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:23 am

I don't see any reason why you can't join. Contact Vraenesha ingame and he'll sort you out.
Also if you could post a comment below to say you've seen my reply that would be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Kielag Icethorn   Application - Kielag Icethorn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Kielag Icethorn
Page 1 of 1