The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Thalanur

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thalanur

Application - Thalanur Empty
PostSubject: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Player information:

How long have I been playing WoW?

I have been playing WoW for some 4 years now - with maybe a break fo a month or two now and than. Started a few months after BC went out.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Very confident - Been speaking English fluently since I was 7. At the moment reading Shakespear in original...so yeah Im confident Smile

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I was introduced to the concept maybe 2 years ago. After some half a year of training I became adapt enough and combined it with my love of guild management -> thus leading to me founding numerous Lord of the Rings Online and World of Warcraft guilds (most of which were RP). I have RPed as a usual member aswell of course - so dont worry, Im not bossy Smile
P.S. And I would say I have an extensive knowledge of WoW lore - spend almost as much time on wowwiki as I do playing the game

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I have very little experience in PvP - I just dont like it....with one exception though. I am a big fan of large scale battles (these can be RP or not..idc) in the outside world. I havent ever made any major achievement in this area however..so I will continue to PvE. Ive raided BC raids (well vanilla ones too..but those were almost always higher leveled parties going for RP gear) and done most of them - except Serpentshrine Cavern (dont know why). In WOTLK Ive downed Arthas on 10-men and got around half-way through Ulduar both 10-men and 25-men. I am no raider though (although I have a few chars in Ascension, the alliance raiding guild), I did that only when I got bored of being owned in any duel Id take which wasnt RP. RP is of course my biggest love of these three - I have been a part of numerous RP guilds (on Sha Tar those would be to my recollection the Convocation and a few lesser known alliance RP guilds - and of course I am the leader of the "Scarlet Circle", participants of the Arathi event I believe you are organising)

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I think of myself as a witty, intelligent person (might be mistaken though Very Happy) but at times I prefer to be the guy who sits in the corner gathering his coins...depends on my mood and how tired I am at the given time. I have some experience - but mostly of guild management and Im sure you wont need that sort of help

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Given I lead a large RP guild on the same server I cant guarantee much - but I certainly wont be afk for an unbearable time (alteast not without a warning)

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Uhm...yeah sure - I put events always before raids and such activities (puzzled with the question myself tbh)

Why do you wish to join the guild?

Because I have seen first hand how organised you are and how high your RP skills stand - plus I will need a place to retreat when my blood elves bite their teeth into me...

Character information:

1. Name: Thalanur "Duke" Lar-Thal
2. Gender: male
3. Title: Magister (although he obviously isnt one anymore - he still holds on to thsoe last shards of his elven heritage)
4. Occupation: He has no occupation at the moment, although when he was risen he was introduced to the Apothecary - but he kept breaking things (his left hand is a bit dodgy) so he was sacked (it can happen to dead people too!). He claims he is working on a secret project for the Dark Lady herself, but for all we know he is just wallowing in self-pitty and yearning for the good old days in Quel Thalas.
5. Age: Was brutally butchered by some bears in a forest not far from the place where Sylvanas attempted to kill Arthas -> Thats how he was found. The time past from his ressurection is (have to check the timeline so it fits) but as you said - about 10 years.
6. Race: Undead Elf
7. Level: 22 (atm)
8. In-game Class & Spec': Fire Mage
9. IC Class: Magister...or Arcanist if you dont find that a valid class

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

The Royal Apothecary Society - althought a position with little work with breakable objects would be welcome - and because he cant really do anything else (if he tried to kill someone in a full-fledged battle, the best you are looking at is that he manages to not set him self on fire, and a spy who breaks things?...)

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

He despises every race - Orcs, Trolls, Taurens and Goblins because he is a schovinistic bastard. The Blood Elves he secretly dislikes because they are what he yearns to be - and he also secretly dislikes the Forsaken for not leaving him in his grave ((if you havent noticed yet he has problems :/ ))

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

He isnt interested in what happened - although he finds the name Wrathgate funny...not sure why

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

He holds great respect for Sylvanas, she is his only true idol - for she rose above death and managed to keep herself from rotting. As for Garrosh, he considers him a monkey - same as he considers all the other orcs.

Family:

He had a sister before he died...he cant recall her name - but he remembers she had black hair and always protected him when he was young ((which would be Saphiriana, who chose the path of a paladin partially to avenge her brothers death. And you should know Thalanur was a bit "coocoo" even in life))

Character History:

He remembers very little, if anything of his history prior to undeath. He does however remember being some sort of a school for magically-talented elven kidds in Quel Thalas. This is all very blurry to him though. What is important to know is that he was a geek, a freak and a...well what rhymes with these two Smile

Short story (dont be judgemental Sad Im not so good at writting)

Nightmare
---------------------------

"Haha hit him, hit him"! - the small (even for a child) elven boy shouted, whilst constantly kicking the muddy boy who lied on the ground holding his book on his stomach to cushion the blows. The rest of the boys "gang" started hitting him on the head and the legs.
He felt pain, his every inch of the body screaming in agony. As he thought he could feel no worse a glowing presence was approaching. It shouted in a crystal, clear voice "Back from him...he is my brother." In a moment the pain stopped...he was thanking the Light he had such a protective sister who wouldnt allow him to spend more than a few moments without her watchful gaze on him.
His sisters face approached his eyes as she knelt to see wht was wrong with him. Although happy he was saved Thalanur continued shaking - explaining this to himself by the chilly weather and him being in the mud. He was already getting prepared to stand up when the kind, beautiful face of his sister started to get darker - her rosy lips turning to black, her eyes becoming sharper and more rough. She turned into a banshee witch! As she wielded her claws against him he woke up sweating.
He was in his dirty little room in Brill. He got dressed and took a little mirror he had in his backpocket. As he turned its solid edges closer to himself he was greeted by the face of a Forsaken.

((Was 5 in the morning so couldnt do any better sorry Smile ))

Why does your character want to join the guild?

He is desperate for a job in order to keep his ever dwindling sanity - and to serve the Dark Lady the best he can.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

He has an exquisite amount of knowledge - his mind being like a library of its own...although a library he sometimes forbidds himself entry to. Besids that he is blessed with a natural talent for anything arcane. That is really all you could say that is positive about him. As such a position of a librarian of some sort, or similar would be for the best.

How does your character respond to authority?

Depending on the superior...if he dislikes him he would follow the order but make sure he screws up (which isnt hard for him), if he fears or respects the person who is giving him an roder he will literally break his bones to do it as good as he can.

TEST OF ABILITY-vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.

This is not at all true, the Forsaken have been in conflict with other races for quite some time before the Lich King was destroyed - they have many debts to repay and even if that was not so - what is to quote Garrosh "Is there any difference between the Forsaken and the Scourge now"?
Imo the only difference is that the Forsaken are more free and more intelligent than the average Scourge. As for their ambitions..they are similar if not the same - I am certain Sylvanas would gladly imagine herself as the immortal ruler of Azeroth (with or without the Horde)
If we went with the logic offered by this statement we might just aswell say the Blood Elves have no point either...they have satisified their thirst for energy with the return of the Sunwell - still they are here fighting for the Horde on various battlefields of the world. This can go for several other factions...
All in all - I belive this statement has no support in neither logic nor common sence...
Furthermore can there truly be a lack of purpose for something that is in its depth evil? I am not saying (since some might object) that the Forsaken are villains - but lets face it theyre no "friend of the enviroment". Evil never lacks a purpose...
The Forsaken have defeated their main enemy - but even the game mechanics (new Cata questlines) show that they have a new goal - dominate the Eastern Kingdoms. Were it not the great armies of the Dark Lady that have accomplished a feat never before registered in the Horde-Alliance conflict, they have practically cornered up one race of the opposing faction in one tiny zone..and even that zone is half-beaten to death. All in all it is safe to saw "The Forsaken do have a purpose - a purpose to wreak havoc and expand their power wherever they see fit"

Last edited by Thalanur on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:43 pm

*peer* Could I ask you to edit the application to more presentable condition? Because the wall of text with not a single paragraph break is very... very-very-very difficult to read and interest goes away after 2 lines.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Thalanur

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Certainly - but I am going on my holidays in five mins, so wont be able to do so for some week and a half - hope its not a problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellisis Sharpe

Ellisis Sharpe

Character
Name: Ellisis Sharpe
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application - Thalanur Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Thalanur Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:55 am

Once/If you're accepted by one of our Officers, I want to inform you that we have the 'Philo' who works as a group of magic researchers and arcanists around here.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Thalanur Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Thalanur Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:01 am

Chloe wrote:
the wall of text with not a single paragraph break is very... very-very-very difficult to read and interest goes away after 2 lines.

It's as if you can read my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 am

Thalanur wrote:
Certainly - but I am going on my holidays in five mins, so wont be able to do so for some week and a half - hope its not a problem Smile

Of course, it is up to you, after all.

And yes, Geri, I can. Stop thinking about killing all living.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:
Application - Thalanur Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Thalanur Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Note: In case you're checking this while you're on holiday, I've read part of your application on my phone and will tidy it up myself so that Chloe can have a good look.
Hope you have a good time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thalanur

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 am

Done Smile Sorry again for the delay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Would be OOCly interested in brief character's story, but...
*scratches head*
I want to see Geriand's reply first on the matter.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Chloe wrote:
Would be OOCly interested in brief character's story, but...
*scratches head*
I want to see Geriand's reply first on the matter.

The problem I have with this application is not the content as such, but more your already high number of in game commitments, something which I missed on my first run through. That your character seems to lack any real background; and any information you’ve tried to give us is hidden by the clichés and rhymes used to try and attract extra attention try to draw away from that.

I’m not happy to accept this application at present, as The Spine already has a large number of alts that sit about not being touched, and this application is fairly reminiscent of those which; while lacking anything majorly wrong with them, is still a potential suspect for inactivity.
However, other people may disagree with me?

Last edited by geriand on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thalanur

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:47 am

Fair enough - it is true I wouldnt be able to commit too much attention to Thalanur (which is why he doesnt have too much of a backstory...). I was under the immpression alts were accepted in the Spine too - sorry for wasting your time if it isnt so Smile

I would be active by coming to any major events yould organise - but as for the casual, day to day RP I probably wouldnt able to do too much of that Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:11 am

That's why I wanted Geri to reply first - he knows how to put such things in right phrasing xP
We do want daily active people, that's true. But perhaps you can stay here in touch with us and tag along on some big events, sure, don't see a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Level:
Application - Thalanur Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Thalanur Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:34 am

Gotta agree with Chloe here, I'll give you a yes as well.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:36 am

I don't have an issue with alts, I have an issue with alts of guild leaders.
If you genuinely and give guild leadership your all, you don't have the time to take an active role in The Spine. I tried to spread my characters about and it ended up in a disaster. We've just had a huge clean up within The Spine, and I, personally, am not inclined to start filling it up again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:53 am

As I said, I am not keen on daily inactive characters either. Therefore I said, he can keep in touch on forums. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 5:54 am

Chloe wrote:
As I said, I am not keen on daily inactive characters either. Therefore I said, he can keep in touch on forums. *shrug*

I thought that's what you said, but Anth thought you were giving a yes, so I replied as such just to cover myself.
Back to top Go down
Thalanur

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:13 am

Cant say Im not dissapointed - due to the great event you guys have organised this evening..but hell if thats your opinion I cant convince you otherwise Smile So thanks for your time and thanks for the "yes" Smile
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:19 am

Your alts/characters are always welcome to attend our events and random RP.
The Spine is just looking for extremely active members at the moment, I am sorry, as much as it may seem otherwise, I am disappointed we can't really offer you a concrete place. It would just be a slap in the face to all of the people who have been kicked in the clean out due to regular inactivity.
Back to top Go down
Thalanur

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 am

No worries - I realise where you are, its 100% np Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Thalanur   Application - Thalanur I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Thalanur
Page 1 of 1