The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application: Andonna Locke

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Walrus King

The Walrus King

Character
Name: Andonna Locke
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application: Andonna Locke Left_bar_bleue0/0Application: Andonna Locke Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Application: Andonna Locke Empty
PostSubject: Application: Andonna Locke   Application: Andonna Locke I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 am

Hello, I’m the Walrus President. I’m applying to the Spine.

PLAYER INFORMATION

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I’ve been playing since vanilla. I’m not entirely sure about which date I joined, but about two or three month’s prior TBC release.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

My English seems fine enough. I’ve used & abused the Internet for about ten years, watched a lot of good American TV-shop commercials, and read books. I do make the occasional grammar errors and have a bad habbit of wanting to add an extra “B” in habit. When a word I don’t understand appears I quickly search the net for it to conceal my lacking ability.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

Listing previous roleplaying experiences in a most boring way.
- WoW since two/three months prior TBC release.
- Half a year of Warhammer Online.
- Around seven years of Roleplaying in home-made fantasy universes over chat and forums.
- Very minor experiences with Larp, nothing frequent as I do live far away from the action.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I picked up roleplaying the day I joined, and have kept the banner high ever since. Apart from that, I did raid but mainly PvP during TBC. In WotLK I joined a raiding guild more or less against my will and cleaned out Ulduar/TotC/ICC on a weekly basis.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I’m the Walrus President. Everyone loves me. From experience, I know I find myself well in communities such as guilds. My social skills are so immense that I even laugh at occasional funny pictures appearing on the forums.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

As I am mainly a roleplayer, it would ofcourse be the roleplay. I can enjoy dungeons, PvP and raids aswell, but good old roleplay tops it all. If there is an event going on, I’m sure to be there unless I have boring real life issues to deal with. I’m not totally against helping guild members with quests or dungeons either.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

The Spine is one of the most impressive roleplaying guilds I have seen during my time here. Ever since my arrival to The Sha’Tar, I’ve seen members of The Spine around at different events and random locations. They have impressed well on me.

I also greatly like the idea of a elite forsaken regiment, making out a “Backbone” (Sorry, Pun intended!) of the Eastern Kingdoms Horde. Sylvanas loyalism never hurts either.
CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Andonna “Lady Mercy” Elisabeth Locke.

Current Occupation: Part of the Deathguards.

Age: Born twentyfour years prior the start of the Second war. Turned Forsaken ten years prior the Cataclysm, along with the very first undead to call themselves Forsaken.

Race: Undead Human, Former citzen of Alterac.

Level: Decked in Heirlooms, that changes faster than I can write.

In-game Class & Spec: Warrior, Arms/Protection
IC Class: Warrior

Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Yellow, Glowing. As living, Blue.

Height: 182 Cm. (Yes, I use the metric system. You should learn to do such yourself, Britannia. Love, Napoleon.)

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Considering the fact that she counts herself amongst the Deathguard currently, it will be no hard pick. As living she was a talented warrior and had quite the skill with the sword.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Andonna have no issue with the Horde or any specific race of the Horde at all. When everything comes around, they are perfect for certain boring tasks and issues. In her eyes, the Horde is good as long as they serve a purpose – eliminate a common enemy.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Andonna would never admit it to her fellow Forsaken, but she thinks the number of fallen Alliance soldiers and the damage made to the Lich King’s pride weights up for the loss of Horde. She does however think Putress handled the whole mess without elegance at all! He truly lost his head.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

Andonna cares little for such things. She did enjoy the early years of Thralls rule best. Garrosh may however gain a bonus point or two for so willingly rushing his Horde against the enemy and not being such a peace-loving pussy as Thrall. Then again, he gets a big minus for not enjoying the company of the dead.

Family: The Locke family enjoyed a fair share of wealth and power in Alterac. Being the last one left alive of the former noble house, Andonna likes to view her as a heiress of a proud and powerful name. However, the Locke family lost all form of influence and wealth due to the second war.

Character History:

Andonna was born as the first and only child of the Locke family of Alterac. Already from her first day in life she was treated ill by her own father, who blamed her for her mother’s death in childbed. As the Lord desired a son above a daughter, he made sure that the girl was raised as a proper –male- heir should be. Swordplay, combat exercises and lessons in horseback riding became daily parts of her young life.

When orcs launched their seaborne assault on Lordaeron and started the second war, Andonna was a good twentyfour years old. She was quite skilled with the sword, and had developed into a good warrior on many fields. Yet she lacked in some. She was given command of a smaller regiment and was titled Officer. Yet, everyone in her vicinity called her “Lady Mercy”, due to her total lack of such an emotion. She held a special kind of twisted love for torturing the enemy long after they were drained of secrets, and she would rather see them bleed to death under horrid pain on the battlefield then let them have a clean death.
Not even her own soldiers were safe. Would they fail with a task, they could expect to face some form of painful punishment, including anything from branding rods to many, many sharp knives.

Andonna had no love for anything save her kingdom. Such things as the army, the King, the Alliance, or the words of her father were easily forgotten. Surprisingly she did remain loyal to the Alliance until the end of Alterac, serving under General Hath in the final days.
She spent the aftermath of the War in Lordaeron, using her family name to find a place in the army. Even if she would hate to admit it, She possessed no vast power or wealth as before, and had to rely on her skills to survive.

Her bane was a bagel baked on grain from Andorhal. She still remembers the tasty little thing, and still takes pleasure in consuming them.

She served as a mindless slave of Arthas until she was freed and put under the command of the Banshee Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner. Ever since the day she became free, She have done her best to excel in combat and prove herself to the Dark Lady.

Yet, Andonna still dreams of Alterac. The love to her nation still remains, now as a twisted and morbid case of greed. She wants to claim the now ruined land for the Dark Lady, aswell as for herself. She does however have the patience to put these plans on hold, for better times.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Andonna recognizes the Spine as what it is – An elite unit of the Forsaken. She deems herself good enough to call herself elite, and therefore believes that she will fit in perfectly.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Andonna is a talented warrior, possessing a vast intelligence as well as good knowledge of swordplay and moderate abilities in warfare tactics.

How does your character respond to authority?

Having served in the army before, Andonna knows to follow commands from above.
“Lick upwards. Kick downwards. – Andonna Locke.”

TEST OF ABILITY

Without Purpose?
Some would say, that with the Lich king gone, The Forsaken lack in purpose. Sylvanas had one single goal in mind when she formed the Forsaken they say. She only wished to rid the world of her arch-nemesis, the evil Lich King. With him gone, Frostmourne shattered on the ground, and the exodus to Northrend successful, she would then lack in purpose.
Yet, the Walrus King finds this a lie. His majesty wishes to point out that the critics have missed two obvious things, which both will be detailed below.
First of all – The Lich King is not dead. There must always be a Lich King, no matter what. Arthas Menethil is dead. The Lich King remains. As there must always be a Lich King, Sylvanas and her Forsaken always have a task at their hand. Bolvar Fordragon now wears the crown of Ner’Zhul, but in the long run that will change little. Perhaps he have not yet gained the aggressive characteristics of the former Lich King, but only time will tell what things Ner’Zhul can do to the minds of men. Perhaps the world will soon find itself in a savage war with the dead.
Second – How can they see a woman as Sylvanas as such a one-sided zealot? Her claims and achievements in Lordaeron is proof enough that she have more than the death of a single man on her mind. The Banshee Queen would be on the shores of Northrend days after the fall of Scourge rule in Lordaeron if that was the only thing she sought. She could build her forces there just as well as in Lordaeron, or leave her pet Dreadlord to gather supplies and allies back home while she spearheaded the assult.
No, the Banshee Queen and her Forsaken have more purpose now than ever. Vengeance is theirs, and the world lies at their feet. Lordaeron shall be reclaimed, Gilneas taken from the filthy worgen, and the Alliance crushed. None knows what the Banshee Queen plots, but with the Val’Kyr on her side she is perhaps one of the mightiest forces in Azeroth. Combine the state of her army – Warriors without need for rest or supplies, that can fight for days with the ability to raise dead to refill the ranks, the sheer brilliance of Sylvanas tactical mind, and the vast land she possess.
- His majesty The Walrus King, chosen of God’s Grace.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application: Andonna Locke Left_bar_bleue80/80Application: Andonna Locke Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application: Andonna Locke   Application: Andonna Locke I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 pm

A most excellent application, indeed. Truly spiffing! *Plays with Monocle*
For an IC interview one should contact; geriand, Anthraxius, Viatrix, Manners or Isilliene? (Spelling?) in game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Andonna Locke   Application: Andonna Locke I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Isaelle, Geri, Isaelle.

And yes, poke any of us for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Andonna Locke   Application: Andonna Locke I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Andonna Locke
Page 1 of 1