The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spinemaw

Spinemaw

Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither Empty
PostSubject: Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither   Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:04 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Since The Burning Crusade, Back in my day, we walked to our dungeons, blasted meeting stones...

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I have a capable grasp of both how to spell words and proper grammar.
Can i haz place naow?

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.
Before i lacked funds to play WoW i used to roleplay everyday, mostly on the alliance side, back when the Roleplay was good and everyone wasn't a werewolf, blasted twilight movies.
Back on my old account that got hacked i belonged to an RP guild named The Seekers, i spent months in that guild and rose to a respectable rank.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
My experience with warcraft has mostly been Questing, and Roleplaying, and queueing for randoms while questing, I've have only partaken in 5man instances before as not a large number of RP guilds have a fondness for raiding, however i wish to dabble in it in the future. I also have some experience PvPing, mostly for gear and other such things, but never have i PvP'd at Arena level.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Chuck Norris jokes.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
On a normal week, 5-7 days a week, i'm extremely active when i can be.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Attend events, quests and instances can be done at any time, an event cannot.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I heard about it from Molric, we were discussing RP and i mentioned i used to be in 'The Apothecarium', to which he responded that i should give this guild a go, considering i have only recently returned and require a roleplaying guild with which to call home again.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither.

Title (if applicable): N/A
Current Occupation: Officer in the Deathstalker ranks.

Race: Undead Elf
-Undead Human
-Undead Elf

Level: 27 Currently

In-game Class & Spec': Rogue & Subtlety.
IC Class: Assassin.

Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Height: 6"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
-The Deathstalkers, since my rebirth i have been moulded to be assigned a target, and not stop until their corpse is impaled upon my blade.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde? Khuelas has always viewed that our place in the Horde has been one of necessity, rather than by choice, we require our place within the Horde for our very survival, but that does not mean we have to accept our place of servitude lying down.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Despite the obvious fact that Putress was a self serving traitorous bastard that day showed that the Forsaken war machine is unstoppable, and as each day goes by, we go from strength to strength with the aid of the Val'kyr.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?
With Thrall gone and the renewed conflict with the alliance the Horde has strengthend in terms of military might, but i feel that without Thrall as leader, it could ultimately lead to disaster.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.
All the family that Khuelas had are dead and gone, best not to dwell on the past.

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.
-For Undead Elven characters please only cover their life from the beginning or just before Warcraft 3. By all means briefly cover their early lives but due to the long life expectancy of Elves, and the rare occasion of an Elven birth, there is no need to go into full detail concerning any events before Warcraft 3.

Khuelas was once an elf and lived in the city of Silvermoon, however when Arthas came he watched his home burn and took up arms with the rest of his people, he too, along with Sylvanas was slain and left to die, forever. Alas, His slumber was not to be eternal, and was brought back in servitude to the Scourge. For a time i spent my undeath as a blight upon the land, until the Dark Lady broke free and rescued me from the Arthas' grasp, however my newly found freedom was to be short lived, was slain in battle and laid to rest in Deathknell, until my recent 'third' chance at life with a Val'kyr resurrection, to serve the Forsaken in life, and in death.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Due to my recent return my extensive knowledge of Lore and Roleplay ability is a tad rusty, however i am sure to recover in due time.

How does your character respond to authority?
If there is a chain of command, follow it, disobedience breeds failure.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.

vi): The forsaken were freed seeking vengence upon Arthas for enslaving us to his will, however with Arthas' demise it would seem our original purpose is no longer, well, a purpose. This is not true, so long as the Forsaken draw breath (metaphorically of course) we shall have a cause. Our place upon this world is still not accepted and we need to establish our hold. If the Alliance won't accept our place as the newest race on Azeroth then we shall make them understand, with the slaughtering of their people and the destruction of their cities, also i feel it in our benefit to one day break free from the shackles of the horde and become independant, a new race of beings in the new kingdom of Lordaeron.

Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither Gerian10
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither Left_bar_bleue85/85Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither   Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:46 am

Hello there, and thank you for taking your time to post an application on our forums.

I believe you have potential to do well in the guild, but I spot areas that could be improved - your grammar is good, but not flawless.
Your understanding of the Lore is good, despite you claiming that it is rusty. Either way, we'll see in due time:
Contact me, Manners or Lynnea in-game for an IC interview!
Back to top Go down

Application ~ Khuelas 'Slackjaw' Duskwither
Page 1 of 1