The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Dresta

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Dresta Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Dresta Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Application - Dresta Empty
PostSubject: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:06 am

Player Information

A short introduction

My name is Alexandra. I’m 17 years old and I was born and raised in England. I’m quite a keen artist and, although I’ve never had a talent for it, I’m interested in creative writing. English was my first (And only) language so I’m fairly confident with it; I can spell and form a coherent sentence, but like everyone, I’m prone to the odd typo when I try to respond to things too quickly. I first started playing World of Warcraft around the time the Fury of the Sunwell patch was introduced, just before Wrath of the Lich King was announced. I think this was roughly 3 years ago.

My past experience with roleplay

My only experience with roleplaying has been in the World of Warcraft. I’ve been roleplaying on this server for 2 years now. When I first set off into the roleplaying community I was a pretty poor roleplayer, but I think that time, trial and tribulation have made me a relatively admirable personality on the Sha’tar.

My past experience with World of Warcraft

I started out on a PvP realm, Darksorrow, where I did a lot of raiding and battleground matches with my boyfriend and his father. Whilst I’d never call myself a devoted raider, I managed to progress through to the endgame content in Wrath of the Lich King, up to the 25 man Icecrown Citadel raid, and I’m now starting to make some headway into the new Cataclysm experience. It was a year or so after I first started playing World of Warcraft that I ventured over to the Sha’tar. I had a few friends here who always tried to promote roleplaying to me and I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. I have a reasonable amount of roleplaying experience under my belt. I’ve been a member of <Lightsworn>, <The Scarlet Sigil > and I’m currently in <Dagger and Totem > (So expect a lot of capitals OOC if I’m admitted!). I am definitely a fan of military roleplay, no matter what the theme - from the zealous, disciplined ranks of the Scarlet Sigil to the shamanistic heritage of Dagger and Totem.

What I could(n’t) bring to the OOC community the guild shares

I don’t think I would bring much other than poor humour and Caps Lock to the OOC community, but I’m a fairly pleasant person and I never really boast or put other people down; I wouldn’t call myself egocentric or pig-headed. I always set out to make friends.

Activity

I have a lot of commitments inside and outside of the Warcaft community. I’m a student, which of course necessitates work and study. I’m sure I’d definitely be able to make one, maybe two evenings each week.

My reasons for wanting to join

I found out about The Spine through a friend of mine, Anildmos. He and a few other friends suggested that Dresta might fit into The Spine quite well, and given her IC situation, it seemed like a no-brainer!

My priorities

My priorities will always lie with roleplay, mood permitting. The problem is that I have an armada of active characters. My Dagger and Totem character in particular is really close to my heart, so I’d have to find a good balance between the two guilds.

Character Information

A couple of you might have met Dresta before, either in life or undeath. She was a strong, determined woman of the Warcaft universe, fighting to spread the word of the Light and punish wickedness in the name of the Scarlet Crusade. Unfortunately, her martyrdom and subsequent reanimation at the hands of the Val’kyr put quite a flipside on this.

So, the facts:
Name: Crusader Dresta Tiffany Thornton
Title: ‘Crusader’ in life. Her official rank among the Scarlet Sigil’s forces was ‘Oathbound’, the rough equivalent of a military captain.
Current Occupation: Due to her recent conversion, she is currently unemployed.
Age: Deceased at the age of 21. A month has passed since her death.
Race: Undead human
Level: 66 at the time of application.
In-Game Class & Spec: Protection Warrior
In-Character Class: Fallen Paladin
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Yellow
Height: 5’6”

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which would my character fit in with best and why?

Dresta would be best suited to The Deathguard. Her place has always been in the thick of battle, depending on her strength, resilience and armour to protect her rather than stealth or cunning. She is an adept swordsman and is well-versed in melee combat.

How does my character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does she react to other races within the Horde?

Dresta currently has no interest in furthering the Horde’s goals, only in the affluence of the Forsaken alone. She has a slight phobia of the other Horde races, but in time, this could be overcome.

How does my character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Dresta was alive during the Wrathgate incident. She was only made aware of it through word of mouth and considering her affiliation was to the Scarlet Crusade, not the Alliance, she was rather indifferent to the event.

Why does my character want to join the guild?

Dresta seeks purpose. She considers her service to The Spine as a way of fulfilling her duty to The Banshee Queen.

What skill set could my character bring to the guild?

Dresta boasts a formidable combat prowess, an unbreakable resolve and an ability to adapt to any battlefield situation. If her sway over the Light is ever unlocked again, she may also be able to call upon its power to smite her foes.

How does my character respond to authority?

Dresta is unquestioning of her dogma. Mostly due to the fact that speaking out against a command in her old regime would have resulted in execution, she will obey any order without hesitation, even if it leads to her perpetual death.

A brief character history

Born in Andorhal fourteen years before the Plague of Undeath swept across Lordaeron and its provinces, Dresta was torn away from her homeland and bundled away to Stormwind at a tender age. The first recordings of her by her mentors indicate that she was originally a cleric in Stormwind’s Ecclesiarchy, and a highly placed and trusted individual, as shown when she was assigned to accompany Varian’s forces on a number of military campaigns.

Due to his long association with the Clergy, Scarlet Highlord Dathran Eranor was a frequent sight in the Cathedral. Though repressed by the masses, his fearsome sermons turned over a significant amount of potential recruits from the public and the Clergy alike. Dresta counted among this number, roused by promises of a reclaimed Lordaeron, and went on to relinquish her previous ties with the Clergy to become a promising member of the Scarlet Crusade. It was during these early days in the Order that she met her future partner, Oreic Amsted.

Dresta participated in all of the Highlord’s undertakings, most notably the assault launched on Lordaeron City, known by the Order as the Undercity Offensive. A Crusader of firm beliefs, Dresta trusted her Highlord implicitly and wholly, even going as far as to sustain a near-fatal wound in his name whilst fighting toe-to-toe with the Forsaken during the attack on the Capital. As a result of her loyalty and unwavering conviction, her rise through the ranks of the Scarlet Crusade was swift and brutal; her reputation as a ruthless, fearless Crusader was already well known throughout the Order when she took the Oathbound title upon her shoulders, an honour reserved for the most fervent veterans who had excelled in battle.

Much of what happened prior to the Scarlet Order’s demise is shrouded in enigma. Some disciples broke their ties with the Scarlet Crusade and settled into the Alliance, helping to stabilise the world in the wake of the Deathwing’s shattering, and others were lost in the ravaged lands of Lordaeron. Dresta’s tenacity was such that, rather than bowing down to the Monarch and following her brothers, she continued to piously hold the Alliance in disdain. To surrender was to face defeat, and defeat was unacceptable. After months of heartache wrought by the loss of her lover, she opted to take up her blade and set out for Tirisfal with the intention of joining the remainder of the Scarlet survivors holding out in the Palisade.

Maintaining the belief that she was doing right by her Highlord, Dresta fought alongside the remnants of the Crusade. With her steel, faith and zealous determination she waged war against the Forsaken war-machine, but ultimately was herself killed during these final battles. Her lifeless body was later reanimated by Sylvanas’ Val’kyr.

A test of my ability

The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

By tradition, most Forsaken are dedicated to the Banshee Queen, and are thus feared and hated by outsiders - perhaps even in some cases the other Horde races. There are the odd few who stray from the Forsaken cause and are accepted into organisations like the Argent Crusade or other, smaller freelance cliques. Leonid Barthalomew, a Commander of the Argent Dawn, is one of these individuals. The Forsaken fought against the Lich King’s bonds to become relatively civilised and intelligent beings, granting them the presence of mind – and more importantly - the free will to make moral decisions like these. Far from the twisted, malevolent and indeed evil monsters they once were, they are now essentially human.

However, while the Forsaken do have the ability to uphold moral values, most still choose to follow Sylvanas. By definition, the Forsaken are a faction of the sentient Undead, even if the name is often used to classify the entire race. The Forsaken, led by Sylvanas, fight for a cause one could sympathise with. They were denied their dues by the Alliance and hence seek to recoup what, in their eyes, rightfully belongs to them. The Forsaken employ a range dark magics, horrific weapons and malign strategies with little empathy for those they affect in order to reach Sylvanas’ ends, like the continued use of the devastating ‘New-Plague’, despite it being strictly forbidden by the Horde, or enlisting the aid of the Val’kyr to raise fallen foes as Forsaken allies. As a result of this, Sylvanas herself could be considered a controversial presence in the Horde, if not truly evil. Through this reasoning, I conclude with the belief that those who follow her are themselves evil – especially given that they have the freedom to turn away from the path Sylvanas has set for them.

Application - Dresta 22

So, I've followed the G.R.E.A.T tutorial! My application's sure to be accepted now, right?

Last edited by Dresta on Mon May 16, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Level:
Application - Dresta Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Dresta Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:13 am

Dresta wrote:
Player Information
So, I've followed the G.R.E.A.T tutorial! My application's sure to be accepted now, right?

Never has a more true phrase been spoken on our forums. My complaint is that you haven't applied sooner!

Please contact Marwonaeth, Cage or Montague/Manners (I forget the name of his character) in game for your IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Level:
Application - Dresta Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Dresta Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:24 am

Thanks for the quick response! I'll try to speak to someone about the interview as soon as I can get online.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:
Application - Dresta Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Dresta Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:25 am

Dresta wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! I'll try to speak to someone about the interview as soon as I can get online.

I should be the one thanking you for applying!
You're just lucky I came home from college early today Razz
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:31 am

You're making me blush! ^^
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:39 am

Right. I've popped all three of those names on all of my friends lists, so I'll stick around until the evening and harass whoever is unlucky enough to log on first. ;p

I should be able to make an interview either later tonight, or failing that, Saturday evening. I think I'll be quite busy next week unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Lynnea

Lynnea

Character
Name: Lynnea Krause
Profession: Priest
Level:
Application - Dresta Left_bar_bleue70/85Application - Dresta Empty_bar_bleue  (70/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:13 am

*slap slap slap Geri*
Heey, I can invite people now too!

Besides, Lynnea likes Dresta!
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:48 am

Lynnea wrote:
*slap slap slap Geri*
Heey, I can invite people now too!

Besides, Lynnea likes Dresta!

You can?
Back to top Go down
Lynnea

Lynnea

Character
Name: Lynnea Krause
Profession: Priest
Level:
Application - Dresta Left_bar_bleue70/85Application - Dresta Empty_bar_bleue  (70/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:32 am

I can.
Back to top Go down
Torgy

Torgy

Character
Name: Donovan J. LaFleur
Profession: Rogue
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:01 am

I bottle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Dresta   Application - Dresta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Dresta
Page 1 of 1