The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Kelmith

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelmith

Kelmith

Character
Name: Kelmith
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application - Kelmith Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Kelmith Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Application - Kelmith Empty
PostSubject: Application - Kelmith   Application - Kelmith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:22 am

PLAYER INFORMATION

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
- Started about half a year after the vanilla release.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
- Never had a big problem with it. My grades were always the top of my class. Never out of 8-10 (from 4-10).

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- Some random forum roleplay... and single-player RPGs which I always RP in. Also, many long moments in WoW rp

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
- My raiding experience is very low. Got higher on PVP and RP. The latter is the one I've spent most time on.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
- Well, propably my experienced mind, and my jokes which are so BAD that they'll make you laugh. And I'll be willing to put effort for the sake of the guild and keeping it up.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
- I might often be having internet problems, or some other reasons not to be able to log in. But my free time is quite dedicated to gaming. So the answer is... well, often.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
- To be honest, Roleplaying is actually the thing I enjoy the most at this time.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
- Because I mainly want to stick with people whom I've come to know well. I assume this guild will have a lot of them.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Kelmith "the Raven" (formerly Kevin Nichols/Trisdan Sartina)
Race: Undead half-elf
Level: 80
In-game Class & Spec': Destruction Warlock
IC class: Warlock
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Height: 185cm/72.8 inches

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
- The Deathguard. Kelmith gets frustrated if he's mixing potions instead of spilling blood. And he has a habit of doing things noisy way.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
- Kelmith has friends from all the races of the horde. He has learned not by individual rather than by group/race. Except when it comes to the light. And he believes that being in the horde will be alright as long as it's good for the forsaken.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
- Still bitter. He hates what it did to the reputation of his kin. And of course the havoc it caused at his home made him angrier than in a long time.

Family:
Harris Nichols (father, deceased)
Beatrice Nichols (stepmother, status unknown)
Gracia Nichols (little sister, alive)
Nellie Watson (daughter, alive)
Claudine Moore (surrogate sister, undead)
Mirsha Sartina (mother, dead)

History:
- Kelmith was born a bastard to a human landlord named Harris Nichols and his high-elven servant somewhere in Quel'Thalas. He was named Kevin by his father, and Trisdan by his mother. Two years later, a girl was born also, who was named Gracia and I'solde. When the landlord sold the estate in Quel'thalas, he took the children for himself without giving a thought to their mother. Harris returned to Andorhal, where he had spent his childhood. He married an awfully strict woman called Beatrice, whom he shared the children with, deciding that nothing was told to them of their halfbreed heritage. Their slower aging was soon assumed to be caused by a disease by the people in Andorhal. While Kevin managed to just about do everything like his parents wanted, Gracia had a habit of failing at chores and being clumsy. Also, befriending with poor townsfolk was soon discovered by Harris and Beatrice, who as proud nobles couldn't accept that. Kevin always cared for his sister though, and secretly hated his parents.

Kevin was an obsessed admirer of priests and paladins, and worshipped the light deeply. The time came, when he was 10 years old (still looking younger to human eyes), that he departed to Stratholme to study priesthood. He felt sad and afraid to leave Gracia behind, but he was eager to become a priest in Stratholme. Kevin found a lot of new friends in Stratholme, and wasn't bound to his parent's restrictions in about anything. So his new friends consisted of poor and rich teens alike. Still, people were confused of his slow aging, but they got used to it soon. Kevin was mainly trained by a kind priest called Stanley Jademoore, who's hyperactive daughter, Sarina was constantly picking on Kevin, although without a single ill purpose. Kevin thought of living in celibacy until marriage, but one of his friends, called Elisa Watson invited him to their house. Elisa was a self-confident and strong-willed, but a very rebellious girl at the age of 15. When at Elisa's place, Kevin was seduced by her. Kevin was utterly ashamed at first, but later realized that he had fallen in love with Elisa. He took the risk of getting caught and continued their relationship in secret.

At the age of 20 (looking 14-15 years old to humans), came the dreaded day when Mal'Ganis's and Arthas's forces stormed Stratholme. Mal'Ganis found Kevin first and made him a slave of the scourge. After some time, he was one of the fortunate ones who became forsaken. The shock of finding out what he had become, and anger towards the light that "didn't protect after all" made him many things he once wasn't. From kind to rude. From clean-mouthed to foul-mouthed. From a peaceful butterfly to a murdering monster. His remarkable knowledge of darkness was quickly harnessed to power. He also learned demonology and swordsmanship. He also renamed himself with an eredun word: "Kele'mithe". Which means "Dark Angel". With a certain dialect, it was pronounced "Kelmith".

Kelmith participated one of the greatest battles that ever raged within Ashenvale forest. Being heartless, he slaughtered everyone he saw, if they weren't friendlies or ORDERED to be spared. That included all civilians and children alike. He earned the reputation of a fiend and was feared by many. One time, a night elf prisoner at a warsong camp shouted something at him with his native tongue. A blood elf nearby translated it to "Crimson Raven". The new nickname was used by both sides, and Kelmith took great pride in it.

A few years later, Kelmith found a new chance to fight along with his queen, suring the battle of Undercity. Despite the hatred he had gained on Putress and the rebels, he was eager to join the "new" Apothecarium later on, and he eventually managed to get himself to the three department chiefs. Unlike many, Kelmith had been in ALL the departments, due to connections and ability to lead.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
- He's frustrated, and wants to properly serve the Dark Lady once again.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
- Kelmith has moderate skills in surgery and alchemy, but mainly his skills is within battle and military leadership.

How does your character respond to authority?
- When Kelmith has an opinion, he lets most people know it. He will obey orders to some end. But he questions them often before doing so.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
I disagree. A free mind is not bound to have certain kinds of feelings or personalities. The traumas caused by death ARE likely to make many forsaken twisted, cruel, mad or evil in some form. If the leaders of the horde saw nothing else but villanous deeds and cruelty in the forsaken, they wouldn't propably trust them even the little bit they do now. All orcs aren't evil, all trolls aren't evil, all tauren aren't evil, so I'm hoping that people would see the end of the "ugly things are always evil" cliche. I don't see a reason why a forsaken couldn't be good... but I do like to remind people, that a kind goody-two-shoes forsaken character is a rare case, although it's not my business to judge how people can roleplay and how they cannot, when it doesn't go to godmoding or completely ignoring lore. But that goes same for other people. Those who say a forsaken can't have good emotions because MOST don't. It's not within the life where the goodness is, but within the mind. Besides, never have I seen an official statement by the creators of the lore that said. "All undead are full badguys because they are zombies, live with it. Not that it would make sense anyway. I approach this matter as I do in real world. When I criticize immigrants, I say "the immigrants who think they're above the law and can't behave", because I judge individuals instead of groups. Since I know that nice immigrants do exist. With that logic I think that random cases of "good" forsaken exist within Warcraft.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Kelmith Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Kelmith Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Application - Kelmith Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Kelmith   Application - Kelmith I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:39 am

An impressive application and one which people should look to for inspiration.
This has earned the Geriand seal of approval.
Seek Rebekka ICly for your Interview and Task.

Applicated stage, PASSED!
Back to top Go down

Application - Kelmith
Page 1 of 1