The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arllond's Application.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arllond

Arllond's Application. Empty
PostSubject: Arllond's Application.   Arllond's Application. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:09 am

Player information.[/b]

How long have I been playing World of Warcraft?

I've been playing World of Warcraft since Christmas of 2008. If I'm right I was started playing on the burning crusade expansion. I've been playing for three years and a few months now.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

English is my first language, however I am young and prone to spelling mistakes. I might also slip up a few times if typing fast, and have the odd random capital letter, but most of the time I believe I'm able to use punctuation and the correct letters.

What experiences do you have with role playing in the past?

The only experience I've had of role playing has been World of Warcraft. unfortunately that is it.

What experience do you have within World of Warcraft?

The only time I started to raid was occasionally on the Steamwheedle cartel in Wrath of the Lich King. I was a tank in most of the raids as a warrior, sometimes a dps. I've done a few bosses of uldar, a few Naxx. never completed the raids. I've also done Icecrown citadel once, ever, as a tank and managed to defeat a couple of bosses before we gave up. As for pvp, I never got into it much, how ever I have played most (if not all) the battlegrounds, my favorites are Warsong, Wintergrasp, and Alterac vally. as for role play, I like to consider myself well traveled. I've been in a lot of guilds on the Steamwheedle cartel, Such as "Northwind Free Company" "Stormwind guard" "Peace keepers." As for the Sha'tar I have been in the old Apothecarium guild on a Blood elf deathknight named Yuion. The guilds had a lot of event role playing and occasionally some random rolepaly which were both fun and joyful.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

Me personally would try to bring a new, kind, personality to the guild. I'd try to make the odd joke now and then but would most of the time be thinking of ways to increase my role playing skills. I also like to help people, so offer me a job I'd try to do it.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

If I was to be accepted into The Spine, I would be playing Monday-Sunday when I could, having school,
Monday to Friday I'll be on from 4pm, on weekends and holidays probably from 9, 10 and 11 am.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Level, talk to the guild and try to get OOC relations going. Check for events, maybe give suggestions for events. and the most important, role play.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I was in the old Apothecarium guild, and I miss those days of great role play, I also love to role play, The spine being a role play guild, I would be even more interested.

Character information:

Name: Arllond Mallton
Title: What ever called by superiors.
Current occupation: Initiate of the Deathguard.
Age: Died at the age of 26. 4 years have passed since then.
Race: Undead-human
Level: 21(currently)
In-game class and spec: Warrior, Arms.
Ic class: Guardsmen
Hair color: Formally brown, Now a decaying green.
Eye color: yellow.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Arllond is a Soldier, he is able to adapt to his surroundings whether he is in the mountains, a forest, or even the desert. which is why I believe the Deathguard is where he belongs.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Arllond feels that there have been a few unfortunate tragedies between the horde and alliance, for instance the wrathgate was unpredictable, and that the Banshee queen and new warchief would rather kill each other than fight side by side, Or the fact that the Forsaken's best weapon happens to be the plauges their Apothecaries conjure. Arllond will try to be calm around them, but he will still despise them and do anything against them.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Arllond feels that what Putress did was unfortunate and unpredictable. he feels that the forsaken should not be punished for his sins by having the orcs attempt to control everything they do. He does not hate Putress for what he did, or mourn that he is gone, only move on leaving the past behind. but he does want to kick the orcs out of undercity.

Character History:

Arllond was born in Lordaeron, he was taught from a very young age to fend for himself, whether to defend himself or kill another. He was also frowned apon by many by his piers and constantly bullied, forcing him to toughen up and get on with things. When grew older, he enlisted to the Lordaeron army. Fighting along side his kin in andorhal when the Plague started to spread, he was unfortunate enough to have been eating bread, and contracted the plague, turning undead. a few months later, he came across the old bullies, fighting for their lives against the undead. He waited and watches at they weakened from the undead, after managing to kill them, Arllond sprang out at the old bullies, killed two of them instantly and tortured the other to death. after that he has always had a strange laugh that bursts out every now and then. when Sylvanas and another group of the scourge broke free of the scourge, Arllond was amongst them fighting to secure lordaeron for the Banshee queen. That being done, he has laid back for a few years while things have happened. The cataclysm waking him from his slumber he has enlisted to the Deathguard, and wishes to serve his kin.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Arllond has heard about the Spine amongst his kin and has been inspired into applying. He wishes to help his kin in any fight, aslong as it benefits them as well as him.

How does your character respond to authority?

Arllond would willingly bow to his superiors and take any task available, and try to accomplish it by all means.

TEST OF ABILITY:
My essay is on:
With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.

With the Lich King dead, it is believed that the forsaken lack purpose, but we all know that isn’t true. Due to recent events Sylvanas has began re-taking land around undercity, for instance the Hillsbrad foothills have been taken over, and Southshore reduced to crumbling ruins. The forsaken have been busy at gilneas also, fighting for the whole peninsula in an attempt to retake it from the worgens. In recent events even in Brill you are fighting worgen who have travelled their way to Brill in an attempt to spy on what has been going on, leading you further south into Silverpine the where there are masses oh Worgen and Forsaken squaring off, you fight to secure the land in the name of the forsaken. When you get there, you meet Three Val’kyr that support Sylvanas. It turns out after the fall of the Lich King sylvanas has been busy recruiting for the forsaken. The val’kyr bringing the forsaken the ability to create more of themselves. Later on you find out that there are human refugees taking refuge in the nearby Fenris Isle so sylvanas sends you over with a Val’kyr to kill and resurrect the humans as new Forsaken. It works fine until you find out the Crowley has given the refugees the very same “curse” as him, to become worgens. Causing you to have to blast these worgens later on in defence of silverpine forest. Sylvanas sends you over into Gilneas and it is a huge battle ground, with the 7th legion arriving, worgens fighting and a Huge ettin hurling boulders against you, an a mass of Forsaken catapults and forsaken trying to fend off the alliance in an attempt to claim gilneas for her people. Ultimately leading me to saying, that the forsaken do not have a lack of purpose, they now have not only the new power of pro-creating, but claiming land around them, trying to push their borders out and most importantly fighting the alliance, it is fair to say that they’ve moved on from the Lich king.

Third time trying... although I guess third times the charm.

Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Arllond's Application. Left_bar_bleue85/85Arllond's Application. Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Arllond's Application.   Arllond's Application. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:40 am

Hello, and thank you dearly for taking your time to writing an application on our forums. You have shown dedication throughout the application, which is much appreciated.

However, I am going to decline your application, for two reasons.
Firstly, your grammar is below our standard, which is a vital aspect of our guild.
Secondly, you seem to miss out a great deal of detail, in the character information part (i.e., you\re too vague) and your understanding of the Lore is slightly off.

Feel free to try again at another time!
Back to top Go down
Arllond

PostSubject: Re: Arllond's Application.   Arllond's Application. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:00 pm

This was my third time applying, now I just feel like I'm being screwed with. but what I am going to say is, if its below your standards, help me to get it above them. If my lore is slightly off, teach me the correct lore. I have to say that I'm not good with applications, I'm better in game role playing.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Arllond's Application. Left_bar_bleue80/80Arllond's Application. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Arllond's Application.   Arllond's Application. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Arllond wrote:
This was my third time applying, now I just feel like I'm being screwed with. but what I am going to say is, if its below your standards, help me to get it above them. If my lore is slightly off, teach me the correct lore. I have to say that I'm not good with applications, I'm better in game role playing.

The issue that I can see is that your grammar is inconsistent. There are cases where you capitalise something only to give it a lower case letter in its next occurrence. Bad grammar of that sort is a sign of laziness. As you have the ability to edit and reread your application, it should be free from lazy grammar errors. That you've shown laziness in your application makes me believe that you would be a lazy member in the guild.

I'm also not convinced by your essay. It seems to me that all you've done is give a synopsis of the Silverpine Quest chain with an introduction and a conclusion; which isn't really answering the question.

Furthermore, I have to agree with Marwon in that your lore knowledge is sketchy at best. Your characters history sounds more like that of an Orc than a Human. Why was be brought up with the; "Kill or be killed" mindset? Why was he bullied? You've told us he has a strange laugh after killing his former enemies. Is it a quirk? Is it because they damaged his voice box? The character's history looks like you've taken fairly clichéd traits and tried to blend them together; which in itself creates a very undesirable character.

The biggest problem with your application is that it isn't instantly recognisable. The Spine prides itself on having the best role-players possible to create the best environment for both intra-guild and inter-guild scenarios and events. That I would need to carefully read your application to find redeeming points means that you aren’t suited for the guild.

That you’ve persevered and made three applications does show dedication and commitment; traits which are appreciated everywhere. You claim that you feel messed with, yet I cannot allow people into the guild just because they really want to be in it. I’m more then happy to help with application; fondly remembering you from the Apothecarium and knowing you have asked for her, so feel free to send me a personal message on the forums and I’ll give you a hand if you feel you would like to give it a fourth attempt.

Last edited by geriand on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arllond

PostSubject: Re: Arllond's Application.   Arllond's Application. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 pm

I have to have a registered account to send you a personal message.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Arllond's Application. Left_bar_bleue80/80Arllond's Application. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Arllond's Application.   Arllond's Application. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Then make one, I see no reason why you can't be a member of our forum community; even if you aren't suitable for the guild.
I would like to ask though that any discussion on THIS application is kept to this thread as Marwonaeth was the first to reply and thus it is easier for him to read it here; then me having to email him our conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arllond's Application.   Arllond's Application. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arllond's Application.
Page 1 of 1