The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deveran - Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sye

Deveran - Application Empty
PostSubject: Deveran - Application   Deveran - Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:36 am

PLAYER INFORMATION

I have been playing World of Warcraft a little over two years.

English is my native tongue, I am currently studying french (so theres a bit of trivia about me.)

I was previously a member of The Apothocarium, I have also been a member of tribal RP guilds on my Troll and Tauren. I started RPing about a year after I started playing. I am quite well up on lore, having not only played most of the old world, Outland and Northrend quest content but also read a lot of the novels based on the game.

In terms of game play, Deveran is my highest level character (and my main,) I also have a Troll named Momarda whom is also at eighty and a few other alts over sixty. I am currently trying to break into raiding content having picked up a few PuGs for weekly's and so on, but other than that my progress is pretty much rep grinding, maxing Deveran with a little PvP on my Shaman (Momarda.)

What would I bring to the OOC community, Hmm... well I am very friendly and helpful, I am quite mature but also have a devilish sense of humour and dry wit. In terms of game mechanics, my Shadowweave Tailoring is almost 450 as is my Enchanting, and am eager to lend a hand on Deveran or any of my Alts, should anyone require their services.

I am a casual player, my play time is limited to my schedule. When I am on a break from University I can play anything up to six hours a day unless I have plans, however during term time University and my studies come first, so probably three hours a night, two or three nights a week.

My priorities change online depending on how bored I am. For example recently as I have had little to do, I have ground old world quests to raise my rep with the Horde (as a result, I am not exalted with Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff and almost exalted with the Darkspear Tribe and Sillymoon.) Besides getting my daily dongeons done on the Alts I am working on my in-game time is usually unrestricted or dedicated.

I miss it, and the people. I have been looking for a more casual guild for a while because I didn't want to let anyone down (not being able to stick toa strict gaming schedule) but its more the community itself that I get on with. Plus the RP is fun, of which I can attend that is.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Deveran
Title (if applicable):
Current Occupation: Adventurer

Race: Undead Human

Level: 80

In-game Class & Spec': Warlock, Demonology

IC Class: Demonology Warlock

Hair Colour: Purple
Eye Colour: Yellow
Height: Average

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Hmm, I suppose it would be the Deathstalkers. Deveran has been known in the past to use subterfuge and trickery to obtain inforamtion and achieve his goals. This of course in itself does not make him a Deathstalker, but it makes him more so of one than either of the others. Actually in recenty years Deveran has taken a more Diplomatic role, working closely with other races to dispell tentions amongst the Horde, and as a field researcher for the Forsaken in Northrend. He is also a dab hand at gathering materials.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Deveran has worked closely with the other races of the Horde in the past, and while his allegience will always lie with the Dark Lady, he see's all races as equal (with the exception of the Forsaken, whom are superior in terms of longevity.)

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Indifferent.

Family: No known family.

Character History:

Deveran has no recollection of his life as a Human. While his memory is somewhat in a state of flux most of the time, sometimes he cannot remember a name or a face, other times he can remember the way someone smelled a week ago. Since being reborn into undeath, he spent a lot of time travelling and discovering Azeroth anew, as a result, he has a fantastic ability to recollect places geographically (although sometimes struggles to remember the names.) Because of his failing memory, he doesn't concern himself much with the past, and tends not to plan ahead either.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

After representing the Forsaken to the other races of the Horde in their time of need since the dispersal of The Apothecarium, he now seeks to continue his work with the Forsaken back home in the Undercity, and continue still working for the Forsaken forces in Northrend. Also, he is bored.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Along with sometimes perfect recall, Deveran is a dab hand at Enchanting and a wiz with a needle and thread. Oft-times his fashion designs and not at all suitable for battle or lab wear, they are at least comical. Deveran has a wicked sense of humour and his ability to defuse situations is not to be scoffed at (then again, his insensitivity to a tense atmosphere can sometimes make things worse.)

How does your character respond to authority?

Indifferently.

TEST OF ABILITY
i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

Well this is purely subjective, not to mention Erroneous. While there are Undead in Lore who can be described as 'Good' ( for example) the Forsaken are not inherently evil in themselves. Indifferent, I would argue as many of them seem to be. Perhaps if there was a scale between good and evil the Forsaken bight be somewhere slightly closer to evil from neutral as a hole, I consider it to be a complete malady to generalise a whole race.

I would consider Claudine (at least as Deveran knew her) to be a good Forsaken, and my priest Victor Lodovic is a good Forsaken, and I know many more who are simply indifferent to the ideas of good and evil. Of course, that isn't to say that evil Forsaken don't exist, but that their existence makes the Forsaken evil by default is no more true than the existance of Deathwing making all Dragons evil by default. (I think I expressed that arse over tit, but I hope you get my meaning.)

Hope to see you all soon!
Back to top Go down
Sye

Deveran - Application Empty
PostSubject: error   Deveran - Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:45 am

The Undead in Lore who can be described as good, should read Leonid Barthalomew. The link button didn't work.
Back to top Go down

Deveran - Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: