The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neivra's application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neivra

Neivra's application Empty
PostSubject: Neivra's application   Neivra's application I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:55 am

Player information

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

Well, my long journey with this game began one February evening at 2005 when I first time got touch to this game. My brother has just bought his first World of Warcraft account and he said I can try this game too, and obviously I fell in love with this game, even when I first said that Warcraft 3 is much better.

I started playing this game every weekend when I was visiting my father because I didn't have computer at my mother's home. I can't remember which patch was going on when I started and to be honest, I didn't know anything about patches back then or even about raids. Also my first year contained my very first touch to World of Warcraft's roleplaying possibilities.

So, if I counted right, I've been hooked to this world for soon 6 years which I think is really amazing for me, since usually I stick around year or two with one game.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I'm fully confident with my skills of speaking English as a language. Of course I'm studying to be perfect even in talking English.
And yes, English is not my first language. Finnish is my main language, but I still prefer speaking English even when I'm not roleplaying or talking with anyone who only understands English when I talk.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

My roleplaying started when I learned to write with computer a bit over 10 years ago. I started with chat RPG's and forum RPG's and my very first RPG was some sort of Silverfang forum RPG where I was playing as Ben. First I got keen on male characters and used to play a lot with them, but then after a year or two I made my first female character. After two years of roleplaying I moved mostly to forum RPG's. When World of Warcraft got released I quitted playing in chatrooms and moved to roleplay in WoW, but I still keep roleplaying in some forurm RPG's. I have here a list of the RPG's I've been playing in or I still play in, atleast most of them;
-Colordogs forum RPG
-Soul Strife forum RPG
-Shinkita forum RPG
-Cliché forum RPG
-Kuollut kukkula forum RPG
-Ginga densetsu forum RPG
-Yu-Gi-Oh! forum RPG
-Yu-Gi-Oh! chatroom RPG
-Beyblade chatroom RPG
-World of Warcraft.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I've been done all of those(pvp, pve and rp) during all these years, but only two of these have been really close to me mentally.

I started raiding at the beginning of the Burning Crusade, my main character used to be a night elf huntress level 70 and I used to be in a Finnish raiding guild with name KGB ry. Can't remember the realm, but I have a guess that it was Bronzebeard, Bronze Dragonflight or Silvermoon. I wasn't so active at the beginning but when the Wrath of the Lich King came closer and closer, I started gearing even more with the raids. My experience unfortunately was limited in Karazhan and Gruul's Lair mostly. But at the beginning of the Wrath of the Lich King I started raiding immediatly when I transferred my hunter as level 80 to Chamber of Aspects. I found a raiding guild to join, same as where my older big brother was in and we did Naxxramas every week. Then after a month of being in that realm I gave that account to my younger big brother and bought my very first and very own account.
I finally got what I wanted, I leveled night elf druid with name Purina until she hitted level 80 and started raiding with a bunch of people I still know, Emerald Fellowship. The realm was Emerald Dream. We did lots of beginning raids while hearing rumors of a new raid coming soon, Ulduar. Before Ulduar I somehow became famous as a healer in Emerald Dream, it all confused me totally. I was fully Naxxramas 25 geared healer druid so I had a small hiatus before Ulduar got released.
When Ulduar got released I started farming it together with Emerald Fellowship, we succeeded it all the way to Yogg-Saron with our amazing progress and dedicated raid group, we even tried Algalon many times, unfortunately never got him lower than 35%.
But suddenly after Trial of the Crusader got released I realized that I've lost so much in my real life so I had a long hiatus, but when I came back and I tested this new raid with my guild, I was really disappointed on it. It ate my dedication to even continue gearing.
When I heard there was the end game raid coming soon, I started gearing with hope of epic encounters again, I succeeded to gear to Trial of the Crusader 25 man gear before Icecrown Citadel got released.
Yet again, we started farming the first quarter of Icecrown Citadel, we succeeded well.
Then the second quarter got released, we got the two first bosses, Rotface and Festergut, down without bigger problems but then we started to keep wiping at the Professor.
Unfortunately I made someone mad with a joke, even when I told it was just a joke and apologized, they kicked me from the guild.
I started raiding with pugs and succeeded pretty well for long. Then I started raiding with my blood elf hunter, Garae at Defias Brotherhood, together with my best real life friend, Roxetta.
Just before I managed to kill Lich King with both of my raiding characters, Blizzard took my account without real reason and it's permanently banned now.

I was really depressed about what happened to my account, but my older big brother saw my sadness and gave me his unmerged account which contained level 75 dwarf paladin and level 80 gnome rogue.
First I started to gear the rogue up, but then realized that I am not the one to dps with a rogue really and leveled the paladin to level 80 and with help of my friends I geared him quickly and started running Icecrown Citadel with my new guild. We had Lich King attempts for like two months for many nights, but we didn't still manage to kill him. One night I decided trying to pug him so I went with one of the best raiding guilds in the realm of Silvermoon and succeeded with the third attempt and finally reached my goal and started waiting for Cataclysm. While we were trying Lich King, we also had Ruby Sanctum raids for fun.

I guess I told much stuff already about pve and raiding so I guess I'll move on to pvp.

My journey in pvp is very short, much shorter than my experience in pve and rp.
So, I had my first taste of pvp at classic WoW, but I didn't like it. I started doing active pvp at the Burning Crusade, but just after Wrath of the Lich King got released I didn't do much pvp because of the pve and rp.
Now in Cata I've been doing much low level pvp with my new main character, Neívra. I'm currently collecting the level 60 epic set so I'm doing active pvp now.

And finally, to the world of roleplaying. I guess you are tired of reading already so I'll make this short. I've been roleplaying mostly as an undead, so don't really have so much experience from other races. Once tried blood elf, but didn't like it really. My first active roleplaying character in the Sha'tar was Neivra and she is the most active character I have at the moment because I got hooked on roleplaying instead of raiding now, just like in last summer. I used to be in the Apothecarium, but because of many OOC issues and talking bad behind my back and my annoying behavior, which I regret really, I left. But it made me really sad, I lost my will to roleplay for long time, until I heard that Razieleth was going to roleplay with us.
But just recently, I found my inspiration on roleplaying again and recreated Neivra, because the old Neivra is on the banned account.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I always expect the players to respect each other OOC and I've got told, after I cleared my head from the rage I used to keep inside of me for years, that I am really mature OOC, clearly older mentally than I should be. Nowadays I hardly even speak at the guild chat, because I like to keep my mouth shut when I am not in the mood of talking or in the mood of talking nicely or anything like that. I talk sometimes if I have something to say, but usually I might just greet when I come online, ask people to roleplay and when I need to go, usually I just say something like ''See you all tomorrow''.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I'm online usually every day and for hours, mostly random rp'ing around. I am able to make space on my schedule for events if I have something else on that day. I love events and they are me like raids nowadays so I guess I can say I am in love with them.
I always tell if I am not able to join to the event and the reason, so there should not be any problems with me being online.
Meaning, I am able to play 7 days per week for like.. 4-5+ hours per day.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

My priorities are simple; Guild before everything else. If they need me, I am up to even leave a raid or a battleground for them, or even when I was IC'ly in some exciting situation that I wanted to continue, I am ready to move my character IC'ly out of that situation for my guild if they called me. After guild comes friends and then my own reasons. I'm not a person who would abandon an event, even when I was ill, I'm usually just gathering myself up and going to the event. Why? Because spending time with a guild I've made long application on and I've been really dedicated to join on, I am not up to miss any moments with them, only if they asked me to have a break, I could have a break but otherwise I am usually sticky as a sticker if the thing that needs me is my guild.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I wrote my other application long time ago, but recently my computer cleared all the documents before I was able to move the documents to somewhere else from the memory and there went my old application attempt. But I am seeing all this hard work because I am really dedicated to join and It'd be a dream come true. I've been hesitating sending of an application for long enough and I just can't hold it all inside of me anymore and one of the biggest reason are the events and awesome roleplaying. Most of the random rp I've seen around lately has been lame and so lorelol that I can't really take it anymore.

Character information

Name
Neivra Shylak

Current Occupation
She's currently Grand Harvester of the Harvest, but she hates her job as hell and wishes to leave that behind.

Around 25. She died recently and got up by the Val'Kyrs after they joined to the Forsaken to serve the Dark Lady so it makes her freshly awaken.

Race
Undead Human

Level
Currently 63, but under leveling. the goal is level 85 as soon as possible.

In-game Class & Spec'
Survival huntress.

IC class
Isn't this kind of a same question as upper? Huntress.

Hair colour
Dark purple

Eye colour
Glowing yellow.

Height
5'3''

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
I have a feeling that Neivra would fit well as a Deathstalker since she is talented with hunting and attacking from the shadows, stalking her prey until it is safe to assault.
She knows well how to set traps and how to spy on her enemies. Usually she spends days after her prey, keeping track on them and waiting for moment to strike or just to gather the needed information.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Usually she just pretends to be a nice person but inside of herself, she hates the other races. She has friends from other races, but they are still not exceptions to her opinions about the others. She is always behaving while meeting others, but as I've told, inside of her she is furious of seeing them around, but she has herself under hard discipline.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

She is not sure of her opinion about the Wrathgate, somehow she keeps it as a work of a genius, but somehow foolish treachery. Neivra whishes not to discuss about this topic really, usually she just leaves the situation if someone talks about it or remains silent.

Family
Neivra does not really have a family anymore. Before she died she was living alone, but she keeps some of her friends as important as familymembers, like Kelmith, Anwell and Sarah.

Character History
Neivra was born in the forest of Elwynn 25 years ago, she was the only child. Her life was really normal, she loved reading books and studying, but her father forced her to train her skills as a huntress. For those 20 years she spent deep at Elwynn, she did not know about the threat that the world outside carried within.
When it was her 20th birthday, she fleed from her home and started living at Hillsbrad, not in a real house though. She hunted to keep herself alive for 5 years. Sometimes she met some travellers and sold some of the leathers and bones she had collected from the dead animals.
After 4 and half year she fell in love with an undead who was nice to her once. She decided to kill herself and how fortunate, she met Kelmith and got killed. A friend of her, who was dead already, hid her body amongst the other corpses which were going to be awaken during the next days.
She woke up with one of the first new ones and started seeking for her loved one. She never found him, but during the time, she learned to like Kelmith and they became friends.
Neivra kept hunting and started to train her skills as an engineer, crafting guns. During her unlife she has grown a lot, mentally. She became recently a Grand Harvester, but after a while of doing her job, she felt like quitting already. She was not up to touch someone's the most precious thing and drain it, drain someone's soul.
Recently she has been gathering her mental strength after her other eye got wounded critically by a curse, but she will be half blind one day.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Neivra hates being the boss of something, she is more like someone who needs to be bossed around. She has friend in the Spine and for long after dying she has wished to join them but never had enough courage to ask about it.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

She has skills in hunting and stalking, guns and weapons and skills in combat anyways. But the most important thing she can give is her loyalty to serve the Spine. Neivra is really dedicated at her job of hunting and crafting guns, but she also has skills with creating poisons. She can handle beasts well and train them to hunt or stalk with her, even to help her with different kinds of combat techniques and plans.
She is always up to do what her commanders, or whatever they every time are, tell her to do.

How does your character respond to authority?
Her answer would be simple ''Yes sir, immediatly.'' even if the task was to kill her best friend. She would never doubt of following the orders.

TEST OF ABILITY

The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

I have to ask, who would even say such? I clearly disagree with this argument, since I don't think all Forsaken are evil. Not all Forsaken can be evil or cruel, since if there is darkness, there must be light too, meaning if there is evil ones, there must be good ones too. The appletree can't be full of bad apples. I see that argument as illogical since it would indeed be illogical if there was only bad individuals, it's against every piece of sense I have inside of my head.
Of course it there was a real possibility for every of them being evil when they were under the Lich King's grasp but the point is, they were all under his control. After getting free, I guess there were some good individuals too amongst the grumpy and evil ones, that's how it goes always.
It is even natural that there are these so called ''black sheeps'' and ''rotten apples'' amongst them all, but I really don't think that they all could be bad and as I've said, it's illogical by my opinion. Sorry, I keep repeating myself, but I've discussed about these same subjects so many times before so I really feel every time like I was repeating myself all the time.
But anyways, how could there be no good Forsaken? How is this argument even trying to be logical? Since I don't think it holds any kind of a logic inside of it. Although Forsaken are dead people who keep Ruins of Lordaeron as their base, but who is the evil one there in the end? I'd say the forces of Alliance in this point. Some of those Forsaken died in Lordaeron so I think they are not evil because they are trying to reclaim their lands with the help of their Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner, who suffered under the Lich King's grasp as much as Forsaken, maybe even more. So I don't really see the point in saying that Forsaken are evil. Some of them are just trying to live their unlife when the forces of Alliance and living Gilneans keep attacking on them without noticing the sacrifice they made once. They were once something else, part of the ones who are now attacking on them, they were once living things too. The thing that contains soul, contains emotions too which is against of some people's opinions, but that is my opinion about this. These things they call as monsters should be honored as heroes, because without their sacrifice things would be all different now in the Azeroth. How would things be like now if they never sacrificed themselves? No one knows but I like to think that things would be much worse.
They should not be judged by what some of them did or still do, it does not count them all in. I hate to think that Forsaken are evil just because one of them is mad or something more or less worse. And what happened at the Wrathgate, I think rest of the Horde was a bit too hasty with the things. They should've understood that all Forsaken are not with the Grand Apothecary Putress who clearly shew his major, but mad geniouseness for everyone around, killing more of his own than the Scourge did at the battle of the Wrathgate.
But the point is mostly, it is kind of foolish to think that everyone else are with him in this same plan and are following him since it was a surprise for many Forsaken.
After they got Val'Kyrs on their side when the Lich King was downed, Sylvanas made it clear that they are all dead soon if they don't do such thing as to wake up new undead, but still they are seen as the bad guys of the Horde. It might be something I will never understand since my opinion is that they are very compassionate, as well as the others. Some of them have emotions and they are just trying to win their place in the world of Azeroth, but of course there are some who are up to conquer the whole world under their control and kill the other races or enslave them, but this does not mean that every single one of them are like this. This is really hard topic for me to start discussing about, but the others were so worn as a subject so I picked up this one. I hope this was enough since I've been writing this for hours and I'm really getting tired.

I can only keep my thumbs up and wish.

Does not let me send images, but link here: https://i.servimg.com/u/f36/12/86/72/19/gerian10.png
Back to top Go down

Neivra's application
Page 1 of 1