The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application-Crenan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crenan

Crenan

Application-Crenan Empty
PostSubject: Application-Crenan   Application-Crenan I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:22 am

Hello to all the members out there!I would start by saying that I've heard about this guild on the Sha'Tar and first learned about it from the recruitment forums.As I am a big fan of both roleplaying and the Forsaken,I thought why not give it a go,considering that I have been searching for this kind of guild for quite a while,but anyhow *cough* time to go on with the application... Wink

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I bought the game battle-chest about...two or three years ago,I'm not quite sure,as I don't recall the date,but I do remember it was a month or two before Wrath of the Lich King came out.In all,I would say I've played about two or three years.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I am pretty confident in my understanding,speaking,and writing of the English language.While English is not my main language (I imagine for most that it is not) I've been on a course of English language (and still am) for about five years now,but then again,I tend to make silly errors and mistakes sometimes,as I tend to type very quickly (as most of the people I encountered in my WoW playing experience),but I assure you that it is the last thing you should worry about . Wink

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
I have been playing roleplaying games since I can remember,but most of that experience comes from WoW,I've been in a lot of good roleplaying guilds so far,and I hope this will be one of them. Wink I have also been playing (and still am) The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion for quite a while,even tho my experience is not that rich in roleplaying games like from other players ( or at least I think) I consider myself to be a great roleplayer so far.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
Does "I have experience with every aspect of the game." count as an answer? Very Happy
If not,I'll explain that,in these years of playing the game,I have learned a lot about it,including PvP,RP,and PvE (my favorite being RP Wink )
I have many PvP twinks,some raiding characters as well,and many roleplaying characters (That I don't visit very often if I'm not in a guild,I'm mostly on my warlock,Death Knight,and this fellow,Crenan with who I would like to join)

*Death Knight (level 85,Sporeggar)
*Warlock (level 70,Sporeggar)
*Priest (currently level 29,The Sha'tar)
*Rogue (currently level 18,The Sha'tar)
...are just a few of the characters I tend to be online the most,warlock and priest being the first two (Both Forsaken,yay )
I have experiences with many WoTLK raids as well,I won't write them down here,it would take some time

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Cookies and cakes? Very Happy
If I were to join ( *prays while he mentions that*)I would drag my humor with me,friendly nature,but alas,I tend to be sarcastic occasionally,but I am a calm person and shall willingly help anyone who needs the help if I have the time,but I may be a little quiet when I first start roleplaying with new persons,but we'll take care of that won't we now? Wink

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Every day,the hours depends on my shift tho,first shift would be the whole day,second would be from 7 pm onwards,weekends I am mostly free unless the situation calls for me to leave,I would most certainly note an officer or the guild master about that.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
The infamous question,not to worry!Roleplaying first,safety third!I focus on leveling my character now (Crenan,the priest) and roleplaying with him,so you shouldn't worry about that either.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
Two words puzzle,those two words include Forsaken and Roleplaying (these two part ones tend to be tricky eh?
Wink ). I always wanted to roleplay as a Forsaken,and did so countless times,but the guilds never suited me,mainly because there weren't any Forsaken except me in it,so this guild would be a nice change,with a race that acts normal to their brethren,and doesn't try to shoot them first .

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name:Crenan Rilstread (in life) Blightstread (in death)

Title:Dark Apothecary

Current Occupation:Expert Alchemist and plague scientist

Race:Undead Human

Level:Currently 29

In-game Class & Spec':Priest,Shadow

IC Class:Dark Apothecary

Hair Colour:Green

Eye Colour:Gloomy Yellow glow

Height:5'6"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Most likely the Royal Apothecary Society,and as for why,it is because in life he was an alchemist,in death he is an alchemist,simple,it is his profession in life and death,and he lacks the strength and subtlety for other Forsaken factions,as for how he became a "doctor" ,read his biography Wink

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
In his life,he despised the orcs,feared the undead,didn't trust the elves or goblins,and never met a Tauren,in death all of this has changed,even tho he feels a little for the orcs and sees them as little more than savage boars who walk straight,he has no interest in them,except for their past,as for the undead,he trusts the Forsaken more than any other race,but still watches the shadows closely,as for the elves and goblins,there his "feelings" for them hasn't changed,he still doesn't trust them,he sees elves as arrogant and goblins only as cheap labor,he thinks the Forsaken should rule the Horde,and Azeroth in general,and knows that the opportunity for tha twill come soon enough...

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
In many ways he admires Putress' work,but feels nothing but hatred for him.He considers him a betrayer and a disgrace of his whole race,even tho a genius in the plague,he feels that he is guilty (which he really is) for the orcs being suspicious about their work,and the ban of his favorite weapon-the Forsaken plague,but feels no remorse for the ones lost that day that were of other Horde and Alliance races.

Family:He cannot remember anyone except his brother,who he murdered,for the rest of his family ,mainly his mother,father and wife,he cannot remember,and doesn't know of their current status,be they Forsaken,Scourge,or otherwise...

Character History:Crenan was born to a wealthy middle-class family who owned a house somewhere in the City of Stromgarde,his father was a merchant who traveled a lot trough Lordareon,and had little time to spend with his son,his mother took care of him and his older brother,while his grandfather,who was an old alchemist in the family,lived with them.During that time,he had a happy childhood,tho often harassed by his brother,he was 28 years old when he married a girl two years younger than him,who served as a bar maiden in the City.He lived happily for 10 years with her,and during those years his grandfather taught him how to brew potions and gather herbs,until he passed away.Soon after,he caught his wife with his brother,whom he killed with a rusty dagger,his wife managed to escape,and a vendetta was sent for him,offering a reward for his capture.He managed to escape to Lordareon,where he stayed in hiding for a year until he was finally caught.Due to the Undead Plague,he was held in the city dungeons,where he was killed soon after Lordareon fell under the might of the Scourge,wandering ghouls found him and beated him to death,but th reason of his death was that one ghoul bit his neck,leaving him bleeding,and the wound can still be seen on his body,as for the rest of his history,there is not much to tell,as the Lich King's control weakened over his minions,so did it weaken on him,as he came to realize what he has become,he offered his services to the Forsaken from the day he became one of them.During his servance to the Light King,he has developted a little knowledge about necromancy.While,when he was released from the iron hand of the Lich King,he could no longer use divine energy in order to power his inventions and potions,so he has crafted a staff which took two years to find the components and craft,a metal stall with three spikes holding a magical ice shard,reducing his pain when channeling divine energy by abosorbing the energy and releasing it trough the ice shard.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Crenan,being a...complex..individual,searches for a way to improve his work and the work of his fellow Forsaken,times has passed and he became filled with toxins,but he still offers services to his brethren,and ascend trough the ranks of the society,ever thirsty for power...

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

As I mentioned countless times Crenan being an alchemist,his skill should be quite obvious by now,but he combines science with religion,improves his potions with magic,and with that,improves his skills in both,magic and science,natural and unnatural aspects of undeath and the world.

How does your character respond to authority?

He treats his Forsaken superiors with utmost respect,he would never question their actions or the motives of the Dark Lady.

TEST OF ABILITY

2) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.

Forsaken who once followed the tenets of the Holy Light often alter their philosophy upon their transformation. Former priests of the Holy Light lost their faith when they became undead. Lost and hurt, these priests founded a new religion based on a self-centered version of their former faith. Dubbed the Forgotten Shadow, this philosophy centers around self-empowerment and a desire to balance life with death. Many of the virtues and principles of the Holy Light exist within the Forgotten Shadow, but are twisted to an egocentric view. While small, the Cult of Forgotten Shadow grows in popularity, especially among Sylvanas’ dark rangers. The cult claims Deathknell as its home, as well as a section of the warrior sector in the Undercity, but it is not yet organized enough to claim much control over anything.

As said here,the cult of the Forgotten Shadow is,or at least by my thinking,a way for the Forsaken to see hope and to have faith in something,the Light has abandoned them,they have no church to turn to,so they've turned to the very thing opposite of the Light,as they are opposite to Life,so is the Shadow the opposite of their once religion,the faith in the Holy Light,the Shadow is their way of seeing things,the light forsakes them,but the shadow gives them birth,there are proofs the Shadow truly exists, and so they place their faith in that,tho,as said,the Cult is not very widespread,it is very respected among the society,it is like you took the whole human civilization and turned it,Life becomes Death,as the Forsaken have,and there,the Light becomes Shadow.The Forgotten Shadow is the dark interpretation of the Holy Light's teachings, and many Forsaken find truth in its doctrine. Forsaken turn to the Forgotten Shadow for different reasons. Forsaken who feel isolated and outcast might join their brethren in support of the Forgotten Shadow to obtain a sense of solidarity, of belonging. Forsaken who feel betrayed by the Holy Light's failure to protect them sometimes find that turning their backs on the Holy Light is not enough; they throw aside the Holy Light and embrace its dark twin out of spite. Finally, some Forsaken simply see the value and practicality in the teachings of the Forgotten Shadow.
((Finally,it took me sweet time to write all this and think carefully about an answer Wink ))

((For some reason I couldn't copy the whole image so I'll just send you a link so you know that I read the guide))
https://servimg.com/view/12867219/22
Back to top Go down

Application-Crenan
Page 1 of 1