The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doloman - Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lykkespreder

Lykkespreder

Character
Name: Doloman
Profession: Other
Level:
Doloman - Application Left_bar_bleue71/85Doloman - Application Empty_bar_bleue  (71/85)

Doloman - Application Empty
PostSubject: Doloman - Application   Doloman - Application I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 pm

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft? This question is actually fairly easy to answer and has the fewest mistakes possible available to it. As long as you answer in correct and well structed English this question is perhaps impossible to make a mistake on. Just in case though, I'll provide a few tips below on what you can include.
- I've been playing four years and roleplayed since the very start I set my foot in World of Warcraft. So I started around 2006/2007.
- Vanilla WoW.
- Four years.
Easy, yes?

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
Confident, yet not a master. I try to perfect my grammar all the time, since that is my weakest part in the english language, but please do forgive me if a mistake finally becomes present.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

- Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne Roleplay
- Forum Roleplay
- MMORPG Roleplay
~ World of Warcraft
It's up to you to tell us what you have done before. Honesty is again the best policy here.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.
I've mainly been enjoying the RP in World of Warcraft, PvE have only been an enjoyment to me on rare occasions, and is usually a tool for me to enchance my RP with the gear I desire for my characters. As far as PvP concerns, its been mainly RP based PvP.
My experience with PvP and and PvE are therefore limited, as I have been spending most of my time, developing my characters, and do research in the World of Warcraft's lore and story. In addition I have been doing research in many of the books published within the Dungeons and Dragons series to enchance my knowlegde of magic, especially concerning the field of arcane, necromancy, and demonoligy. I seek knowlegde within theese parts as they grant a certain amount of power within the roleplaying universe, a power I enjoy to posses with my characters, yet a power I hate to strike upon other RPers unprovoked. We are all here to enjoy ourselves.
In addition to my curiosity about necromancy and death in general, I have studied some of the forsaken lore closely, and the are my favorite race concerning lore (though out of vanity, I tend to pick a bloodelf /facepalm).
My guild experiences on retail servers are negative, atleast concerning RP guilds. I have only experienced short lasting guilds, with little participation from the members side, and even less from the leaders after a little while. Joining such guilds simply comprimises your character's lore.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
Well. I would bring a good mood, a head on RPer, and one who's not afraid to take up discussions and chats on a mature basis.
My humour can be a bit dull sometimes. I'm not that sharp when it comes to jokes and sarcasm, but a good laugh is never unwelcomed.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Atleast three times a week. I am online quite often, more than just three days a week, but I don't want to promise more, since times can change. But if everything goes right, I'll be a very active guild member.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Teaching. I love teaching my knowlegde of arcane arts and necromancy to others. And events will of course be a major priority for me, since its what inspires me to keep going on.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
There are both IC reasons and OOC reasons for this.
OOC: I have seen how you work, and realised that this might just be the perfect guild for me. In addition, my character is a renegade lich. Its hard for such a strong creature to get any RP time (considering the fact that their shunned in most soceities), and using arcane disguises seems like a lame excuse in the long run for a being like that to get RP.
IC: My character have long since broken free of the lich kings grasp, but now seeks another place to continue his studies in peace.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Doloman Gen'Shar

Title (if applicable):
Spectral Loremaster.

Current Occupation:
He serves as a master alchemist and lich. He would most likely join the Royal Apothecary Society if accepted into the ranks of The Spine.
His research is long and dedicated.
Undeath: 6 years.

Race:
- Undead Elf (high elf)

Level:

In-game Class & Spec': Deathknight with blood- and frost spec.
IC Class: Lich.

Hair Colour: His hair is gray, yet thick and long. In disguised form. Undisguised, he have no hair.
Eye Colour: Disguised; blue. Undisguised, Doloman have no eyes in his sockets excluding the left one, which contains a black round orb which served him as a container of negative energy in his living days. It is now a mere trinket, of no use to him. The orb is apparent both in disguise and undisguised.
Height: 5'9 feet in disguise. Due to the negative mutation of his body, he stands about 7'8 feet tall undisguised.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society - He is a lich, and a skilled alchemist. He knows his way around plaguweaponry.
How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Doloman is neutral towards the other races of the horde. He only observes, and will first strike upon seeing a benefit for himself. He holds sympathy towards the Forsaken, and hope that he will one day be accepted among them, despite being a symbol of a true scourge servant.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Doloman was impressed by the apothecaries' work at Wrathgate, but paid no further attention to it, concerning the deaths of both horde and alliance members. He is more interested in the plague, than the blood shed due to it.
Family:
- Kasandra Gen'Shar. The sister. Grand Necromancer, trained by Doloman, and one of his dearest family members. She betrayed him though, and overthrew to take over his estate in Northrend. She is now preparing lichdom for herself on the icy peaks near icecrown where the estate lies on the cliffsides.
- Adrian Gen'Shar. The brother. Too one of his closest family members, yet rivalry have strived between them since the death of their uncle. They seek to gain power vaster than one another contiously, and blood have been shed many times in their race. Adrian Gen'Shar is unfortunatly 'dead' as a Voidlord sealed away within him, broke the barrier and consumed him. The voidlord though. Sometimes appears in, disguised as Adrian. Theories have it that the voidlord also consumed his memories.

Character History:

Doloman gazed up at the ceiling of the catabombs. A deep sigh escaped him, and he wiped away a tear from the corner of his eye as he uttered the last blessing. Never had he thought that he in his youth would be have to see his own uncle be locked away in the family's catabombs, and it was with grief he turned and paced outside with the remaining servants he had left after the scourge attack. The catacombs was filled. Corpses of his clan was even laid to rest upon the bare ground, as the walls and shelves could not carry anymore. Only the important members of the family had been given a worthy grave of the clan. The rest had been laid to rest in a foul manner. As he stepped up into the dim light of the Eversong woods his fair sister, Kasandra awaited him with anticipation. Tears ran down her bright skin and she fell to her knees and hugged his robes as he walked towards her. He kneeled and hugged her into himself, crying silently, his whole body shivering.
"I'll raise us to our glory once again my dear" he uttered in a broken voice.
Weeks passed. The servants left the shattered estate. The loss of the Well had become a truth to all now, and noone remained in their place as their addiction took over them. He had sent his sister to Silvermoon, and given her enough gold to buy herself a little of the expensive mana supplies and a flat to live while he sorted out the estate. Little did she know. That he had found something else to occupy his time, rather than getting the estate up and running once again.
Below the surface of the estate lied the family library, untouched by the scourge. Down there, Doloman had sealed himself away. He had found a relic he thought had lost. A book given to him by his father decades ago. Titled "Beyond the Grave", and now he used every avalible opportunity to read in it. He scrolled through the pages again and again, taking in all the knowlegde he was capable. He were a firm and dedicated arcanist, but this new knowledge, had never come across his hands before. And though filled with rage towards the creatures of darkness that had teared away his entire. He could not stop reading. He practiced. And slowly. His mind became victim to energies that lied within the spells he performed. Wickening him.
Finally, one day his sister decided to visit. She had become most worried. But even more when she saw the state of the estate. Unchanged. Had her brother not promised to take care of it all? She could not understand this, and she searched every room in the library, the only habitable now, only to find horrors around her. Rats crawled around on the floor, mices, and small dragonhawks. But something was wrong. Most of the flesh of theese animals was rotten and decayed, giving out an awfull stench, and she realised that it was the work of a damned. She panicked and ran outside, searching for her brother in desperation, fearing what could of become of him. She ran towards shore, hoping to find him there once more, as all the times she had found him when he had run off. And certainly, once again she found. But not on the shore. A ship was laying anchor out in the water, and small rowboats continued to sail back ashore to gather what looked like a massive pile of bandaged corpses. Their clan members. In the middle of all the corpses. She saw her brother, inspecting it all and keeping journal with. He commanded his servants around, and even they did not appear normal. Their pace was slow, and their skin was foul and gave off a nasty stench. She cried and ran to her brother, tugging his robes, but he merely turned his head and snarled at her.
"Leave me sister, if you do want to face death" he growled and kicked her off himself. But to his surprise she kept coming back, begging him to take her along, begging him not to leave. And he finally agreed. With this he left Quel'Thalas and ventured towards the icy shores of Northrend. To serve Ner'Zhul.

Doloman raised himself a small army of his clan members, reanimating them into his mindless servants as he reached the shores of icecrown. Ner'Zhul had spoken to him. He had seen the talent in the body of the young man, and offered him a piece land, where he would conduct a research in the arts of alchemy and necromancy combined. Doloman agreed, and with his newfound servants and his sister by his side, he began constructing his new estate, that would later become one of the plague facilities of the scourge. Other newly trained necromancers came and joined. And a long research was conducted in the estate. But at a point. Doloman's new world shattered.
Over the years he had tutored his sister. Learning her of necromancy. She too heard the call of Ner'Zhul, and became a 'worthy servant' as Doloman himself described her. Her powers was just as vast as his in the forbidden arts, and they started ruling the facility together even though he was official leader. But at one point, Ner'Zhul's power over him and his sister diminished. Due to his wicked mind, Doloman stayed a true servant, but his sister on the other hand fought the control. She had taken necessary wards since the beginning, and her body was far less affected by the evil energies of undeath as her brother was, giving her a more clear and resistant mind. And in all secrecy she deviced several prisms of negative energy which was placed around the estate, before finally taking full control of it with the prisms help, overthrowing her brother and banishing him. Doloman ran, furious and angered, his rage overcame the manipulating voice in his head. The lich king pulled the wrong triggers in him, and his hate grew, but not to the service of the lich king. He ventured to Draenor, and there he regained full control of himself, being cut off from the lich kings mind control. And there he schemed his return. He found a highbourne. A rare decendant of the Kal'Dorei, which still held immortality. They fell in love. But his love served another purpose too. They magically bound themselves to one another. But what the highbourne did not notice was that Doloman through the ritual imploded all of his life energy into her, making her his very own phylactry. He could now strive for lichdom. He could now drink the potion that would kill and raise him once again as a lich.
And during a full moon he died, reanimated on his own choice, becoming the immortal and vastest being of undeath.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Doloman wishes to continue his research. He wishes to expand his knowlegde within the arts of alchemy, plague, and necromancy. The forsakens have always had his interest, and being a freewilled undead, he strives to join their ranks so he can pass on his knowlegde and increase the outcome of his studies.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
He masters alchermy, necromancy, and arcane.

How does your character respond to authority?
As stated earlier. Doloman acts if it benefits him. It benefits him to obey. Therefore he obeys a superior at any time.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

vi)
With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lacks a purpose:
No, I doubt the forsaken will ever lack a purpose in World of Warcraft. Though I doubt that Blizzard will ever allow them to realise a possible purpose of theirs. World domination. The forsaken must keep being a play able race, and the must keep being horde. Therefore Forsaken will never truly go towards the path of world domination. Unfortunatly.
But none the less. They will always have a purpose. Defending their right to 'live' in this world. Mixed openions about the ways of doing so amongst both the horde and the forsaken themselves are uttered, like how far they need to expand their kingdom in order to become a symbol of sheere power you might as well give up on trying to defeat. Or the measures taken in that run. For an example wether they should raise new forsaken or not.
Back to top Go down

Doloman - Application
Page 1 of 1