The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nerothos - Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerothos

Nerothos - Application Empty
PostSubject: Nerothos - Application   Nerothos - Application I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:28 am

PLAYER INFORMATION

I've been playing WoW now for almost two years, two years in October to be exact. Just before Wrath of the Lich King was released, figured I'd be at a midnight release whilst only being around level 40. Started myself with two of my real life friends on a 'normal' server as I was new and such, didn't have much of a look around. Until I finally started on Sha'tar around the end of December.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Pretty confident seeing as English is my first language and I was born in the UK. Going into further detail from that point doesn't seem all that required unless I'm required to go find my school English results. which, on a side not, I'm sure I did fairly well in.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I believe I started roleplaying in a fairly bad area of it, which would be things like; Myspace - Bebo. It was all new to me, I hadn't heard of it before but I gave it a go and met some of the better and naturally, some of the worse. After quitting that, I just went around as I normally did until I was introduced to WoW. As mentioned, I was on a normal server for a short time before joining the Sha'tar, Alliance at first, I was still considering myself new to it, so I started in a fairly bad way as I was joining the in very hateful Goldshire. But that feels like a time past now as I rather consider myself quite well in my RP's now. RP'ing a Blood Elf as an actual Sin'dorei and not looking to be some kind of badass assassin who sits around all day drinking and hunting for the girls. As such, I'd love to RP my Forsaken in the same type of manner.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

RP - I have been recently finding myself lacking, partially due to the area of the post above revolving around my RP'ing as an actual Sin'dorei. Meaning that I can't find much enjoyable RP because we all know how Silvermoon is, but ofcourse I have RP still and looking for more here, hence application.

PvE - Cleared alot of the current raid content, Lich King included, but not feeling the need to carry on this gear grind, so my PvE shoes are pretty much out the window save for a few PuGs now and then out of boredom and enjoyment of still doing a little content with my friends.

PvP - This I very much enjoy still. Not much to say on that other than I do it quite often and always trying to carry on by making myself better at it, so far, results aren't going so well, but I'll get there.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

Well, I'd bring myself, naturally. Other than that, I could be quite helpful to newer players and usually quite capable of getting on with people, even more so seeing as this is a heavy RP guild, there shouldn't be anything to question. Example if required - I question RP I see in Silvermoon and well, they have no real reason, just because they can I suppose, defying lore to the worst. As mentioned, I doubt I'll find that kind of a problem here.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

I'm more active than I probably should be, ofcourse I have alts and such I enjoy playing too, but I'm usually available for RP when asked or an event is planned.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

As mentioned above; I do still have my RP's but ofcourse, a guild would take that priority so long as it would be kept interesting, I am in a few guilds at the moment, save for one, they don't interest me all that much hence I'm not entirely active to the guild itself. Now, that may sound like a bad point, but think of it as a somewhat compliment, seeing as I'm applying for this guild, surely means it interests me.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

Like above; it interests me. But more on point, I love RP'ing according to lore, I like keeping to it as much as possible. I'd love my Forsaken character to be RP'ed as such and around others who wish to do the same, RP this way is much more enjoyable and I would get easily caught up around this and give it my full attention.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name - Nerothos. Like a few, he has no surname which he holds onto.
Gender- Male
Title - Apothecary
Current Occupation: Working with the Apothecarium
Age - Died at 27. Reanimated for five years.
Race - Undead Human
Level - As of the time of this application - 50.
In-game Class & Spec' - Warlock - Affliction
IC Class - Warlock
Hair colour - Blue
Eye colour - Yellow
Height - 5'2"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents - The Royal Apothecary Society. I love the general idea behind this source of RP, researching and creating is always enjoyable and always that little oppertunity to play a slightly sadist character, something of which I've wanted to try for amusement and new things within RP.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
-
Nerothos is played completely loyal to Sylvanas and will react to other Horde races in a neutral manner merely to keep up appearences and not have the Forsaken frowned on anymore than they already are.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
-
Ofcourse, this incident brought alot of weight onto the Forsaken by the Horde races which in itself is one of the things to despise about the events. The Wrathgate incident to Nerothos was taken as a hurt to what he is, being part of the Apothecarium, not knowing that the treachery was coming from an area so close to him but is proud in a sense of the power that is being created by and for the Forsaken.

Family - Wife - Elaine Keyes.
Daugher - Lilly Keyes
Sister - Sherra Lowheart
Nephew - Ryto Lowheart

History - Born and raised within Lordaeron as a young Matthew Keyes, a life of which was pretty simple, making his income within his own shopping business which was made of selling flowers and daily requirements eg; milk, bread.

Being born into the city itself gave him a rather fair upbringing within a world at war, the threat of the Horde or the other threats within the world seemed daily routine as he was taught to defend himself at an early age within the normal arts of swordfighting and the such like, skills that wouldn't be all that much helpful in the near future. Being settled into running a shop with his father; Nathan Keyes, they made a fair and honest living through his fathers weaponry and his mothers tailoring expertise. A simple, yet enjoyable living for aslong as it lasted and only greeted with more during his time as a human of the Lordaeron banner. On the route of his life, around the age of seventeen, he met, what would become, his first and only love going by the name of Elaine Hyder. A nice three years without incident in their time together, the pair had gotten themselves married, both now at the age of 20 and the enjoyment soon filled into a whole with the arrival of their first child, Lilly. Elaine being pregnant before the actual wedding.

On the day of the young princes return, the family of three had closed their now own shop for the day to witness this return. The events quickly turning sour with the invasion that soon followed, his first instinct was to naturally protect his family from the Scourge forces invading their home. Though, like many others, his attempts were followed with his death, his familys fate to himself is unknown and presumed dead.

On awakening, like the rest, his service was without his will and carried out as commanded. After the fall of Quel'thalas, his will would soon again be his with the leadership of the Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner being one of them now but her will being given to her when the link was broken and she had declared herself the leader of 'The Forsaken'. His services follow then by going with Sylvanas on her path of vengence and taking a position with her newly created Apothecarium, using what he knows and is now, his past no longer on his mind as it quickly faded from memory on reanimation, though not everything is lost. Still having some of his past items such as his wedding ring stored away for his personal feelings. He never did find out the fate of his wife and child. His nephew still of the human world though also in a state of death, they have no connection atall.

In the course of the events, necromancy was somewhat in interest. Having these powers slowly build overtime and was never really unleashed until his time within the Scoure as before such, the abilities were frowned upon within civilisation as they still are in most areas.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Being apart of the guild would give him the oppertunity to lend himself to give what he has to offer in aid of his 'kin' aswell as always having the oppertunity to further it too, though the latter not being mentioned by him, ever.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Not only does he bring the aid of being with the Apothecarium he is also attuned with the knowledge and power of controlling and enslaving demons to his will and general Warlockness to be had.

How does your character respond to authority?

An area which I don't understand why there are so many problems with, either way; Nerothos has no problems here, a superiors order will be followed on demand, everything that works in aid of the Dark Lady is aid for the rest of the Forsaken.

Test iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.

An area of which I didn't really think upon but would like to place my own thoughts on it. The relations between the Forsaken and the Horde have never been great in my opinion, each aiding the other to further their own wants or needs. The Forsaken indeed can't function without the Horde due to numbers and the amount of war within the world at this current day. The Foraken also not being able to reproduce themselves also leaves them with a set number which can only be lowered.

Until the Wrathgate, there wasn't much to question, but as the event had occured, the trust in the Forsaken has greatly been reduced and a prime example of this would be the Orcs now within the Undercity to keep a watch over what goes on. Or more to the point, to make sure there is not a repeat of the betrayal of Putress. Still, in this point, the relationship between Thrall and Sylvanas seemed rather friendly, in a sense. Thrall giving the full support of the Horde in effort of retaking the Undercity whilst there was a war to be fought in Northrend at the time. Ofcourse in the upcoming Cataclysm expansion, well, to save any spoilers just incase, I won't mention, but can be asked elsewhere if you want my opinion or you could just assume what I'm getting at.

In a rather brief conclusion, the current relations with the Horde and Forsaken are rather shaken and only seem to be keeping as such with a future of such relations unsure between them, only more to be seen I suppose and I rather look forward to finding out.

<Insert picture of /cheer'ing Forsaken here as shown>

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Nerothos - Application Left_bar_bleue80/80Nerothos - Application Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Nerothos - Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerothos - Application   Nerothos - Application I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 am

Accepted!
Please contact Vraenesha or myself for your IC interview!
Back to top Go down

Nerothos - Application
Page 1 of 1