The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jéwel

Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application. Empty
PostSubject: Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application.   Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:23 am

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

Around two years now, a few months after The Burning Crusade came out.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I’m okay in confidence, I’m from an English-speaking Country and I try to write correctly, though of course mistakes can happen.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I’ve studied a lot of Theatre, and practically – a lot of it was improvisation based, so in essence it was face to face Roleplay – completely unpredictable (the way I like it!) I also like to dabble in writing short Horror and Speculative Fiction in my spare time. This is the only ‘Roleplaying’ Game I’ve played.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I’ve two level 80’s – one I levelled painfully through PVE, and the other through PVP – which was MUCH more fun. I find healing in Battlegrounds and casual Arena much more fulfilling, and exciting. As regards raiding – it has never been my cup of tea. I have tried it a couple of times – and found it terribly boring. I’m apparently alone in this! As for Roleplay, I’ve been a member in a couple of established RP Guilds on Defias Brotherhood, very much guild-based experiences – rather than random RP.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I’m open minded and game for laughs! Would be very much interested in pitching ideas for events and such, and supporting the Guild if I’m needed!

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

During the evenings mostly. I regard this character as my main – so I am in no way a casual alt (which I know is highly frustrating in an RP Guild!) I’m moving house on the 22nd of this month, so if I was to be accepted – I might be busy the days prior, and of course might not have internet access straight away in my new home. Also I would have to transfer my character from Defias Brotherhood – but of course this all depends on whether I am accepted or not. But I thought I’d give it a shot!

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Roleplay, of course, and some PVP.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

My choices in this character are quite unique, as you’ll soon find out, and therefore finding such a guild as this deems to be very fitting. Sadly, there isn’t anything on my current realm for this character (and I wouldn’t have the confidence to create my own Guild) and after much Player vs. Player activity I’d like to spread my wings, try a new server for this character, and start Roleplaying again.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Presently - Jéwel Val’sorrow, in life – Jewel Val’hope.
Title (if applicable): (Game mechanics-wise, and IC’ly active) ‘Of The Undercity’.
Current Occupation: Shield.

Race: Undead Elf – Blood Elf Model (...please hang in there with me!)

Level: 80.

In-game Class & Spec: Discipline Priest.
IC Class: Discipline Priest, and very much so.

Hair Colour: Black.
Eye Colour: A murky, dulled blue.
Height: 5’5”.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

The Deathguard – as her talent is truly to Guard, to Protect, to Shield – but this is in no way Offensively in fashion – unlike her potential Defensive peers in this field, most likely.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

Jéwel feels such obvious and specific circumstances separate the Forsaken as a Faction from the rest of Horde itself, just as the ‘true Horde’ probably quite agree. As regards her reaction, though, to each of the other races – she is frighteningly passive, holding no grudge or any gut-emotion toward anyone. If anything, however, it’s successfully suppressed enough to barely scratch her consciousness. This might offend those around her, especially if it’s in heated discussion about these other races (including her real enemies) – but to some, hopefully, it might be deemed as true self discipline.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Passive.

Family:

A Grandfather raised her, though he passed over long ago.

Character History:

An established practitioner of Disciplined divine magic, and having proven her worth as a more than reliable Shield – Jéwel was employed as one of the Guardians of the ‘Key Of The Three Moons’ in Quel’thalas. Her role, along with a few others, was to protect the Mooncrystal ‘Eye Of Jennala’ (which would open the Mind of the Gate Keeper) in An’telas.

Being in a more or less constant meditative state – in keeping the protective Holy barrier up between all the Guardians surrounding the Mooncrystal, it was quite something when these ethereal energies began to waver. Jéwel could sense someone of the grouping had become distracted, and letting her raised arms drop, and letting her Guard down for a split second, she focused her eyes on one of the Protectors opposite her. He wasn’t engaged at all, just as she had guessed. Instead, he was cowering like that of a petrified child, yet no voice escaped his open lips – he barely moved in fact – but his eyes darted here and there at something behind her back. Upon turning to see exactly what he was cringing away from – she saw them. Swarms of them. The Ghouls were gliding toward them like angry, blackened storm-clouds, completely obscuring the rest of her now screaming kin, before they eventually enveloped her too. More waves of Undead came, slithering over her like fervent snakes, the grip of cold, clammy hands wrapping themselves around her neck, the distinct burning pressure bearing down upon her throat, the heavy loss of breath... the useless grasp for breath...

When death finally came, she was raised in a matter of minutes: the necromancy keen to gain the two remaining protected Keys and at last unlock the entrance to Silvermoon, gaining the Minions access inside the City. The destruction that followed is self explanatory. Jéwel served the Lich King for a matter of a few months - before an overwhelming, single emotion bubbled somewhere in the depths of her: the heaviness of Guilt. Struck by this feeling which forced her into consciousness as if from nowhere – she headed for the Alterac Mountains, abandoning Sylvannas and the rest of the awoken.

In nothing but bloodied, battle-worn rags – her lost, waif-like, deathly pale body wandered through the harsh snow blizzards. Higher and higher she climbed the bone-white peaks – a morbid, curious fascination that the sleet’s cold didn’t bite her body as it would have done in life... she couldn’t recognise physical pain anymore. She felt not an ounce of anger either, nor an ounce of elation upon being set free. The only emotion she recognised was that familiar pang of Guilt that struck her as soon as she became awakened, and it gradually ate away at her to the point of hysteria.

Jéwel spent many years up there in the loneliest heights of the Alterac Mountains, with the wind, sleet, and snow. She was near enough in a constant state of delirium and self torment – how could she have dropped her Guard of the Mooncrystal at such a vulnerable time? Of course, she and all of her kin were all doomed anyway, but the guilt never left her into seeing the reality of it all. The only way she could suppress the Guilt was through her learned Meditation from her past lifetime, and it took real Will for her to remember it. A real Will Of The Forsaken. For weeks upon weeks she would sit silently, allowing the snow to fall upon her body, cocooning her, preserving her, while she remained in impenetrable focus... only allowing the seasonal sunlight to melt the cold away from her body.

Jéwel arrived at Hammerfall around a year ago. Asked where she had been, and how she arrived – she only spoke that the wind had took her there. Nobody asked much more.

The Defilers didn’t know quite what to do with her. She seemed weak, and revealed to them no skill that could help them secure supplies for the camp. In the end, they did eventually send her into the Arathi Basin battle field - but as mere gunpowder-fodder. They expected her to be just another mutilated number they’ll never see arrive back again. This didn’t happen, of course – and again and again she proved herself in survivability, and in keeping the survivability of her allies. Soon her reputation began to grow - news from the Undercity commended her for her efforts in fact... but as ever, Jéwel remained passive to this.

Over the last few weeks of serving The Defilers, she was marked to have her Heavy Cloth Battle-Armour tailored for her personally, and vastly upgraded. They chose her to be clad in pure white – to make sure she was easily spotted by the rest of the Soldiers when in need of urgent aid. “It matches the colour o’ ye’ skin...” leered the Tailor, tightening a belt around her waist. “Make sure to keep me fully shrouded,” Jéwel uttered in no more than a whisper. It had grown apparent this one wasn’t so proud of what she had physically become, an Undead, despite the fact that no major decomposition had touched her like the rest of her kin – all from afar of course. Her Elven stature seemed as intact as it was in life – but it drew her unwanted attention from the new gabbles of oblivious Blood Elf Initiates, at the camp.

Her last day at Hammerfall was at the time to go into Arathi Basin, for daily Battle again. As the final piece of armour - her Mantle - was put upon her shoulders by a delegated Grunt, two Sin’dorei men queuing behind her for their own armour - made comment about her shrouded, yet pleasant to look at figure, obviously thinking she was one of their own kind. Jéwel, upon hearing this felt the beginnings of Disgust scratch inside of her, she barely felt it – but it was there. She had no empathy for these distant relations any longer. She didn’t understand them, either. Slowly she stepped aside, letting another Soldier take her place for armouring up. Ever silently, she watched the two rancorous Blood Elf men from under the protection of her hood, and they certainly watched her. After a few, long, uncomfortable minutes, Jéwel lowered her hood, something she never does, and revealed to them exactly that she was certainly not what they had thought she was... their fel-green eyes wandered over the High Elven Blue tattoos, coiling up around her neck... up over the sickly paleness of her face... a classic Elven beauty she used to be, that was evident... but the gaunt, sunken cheeks revealing no healthy blood running through those veins, the dullness of her grey lips, the hauntingly blackened circles around those glazed, murky-blue eyes... she was one of them no longer. Jéwel let the highland wind whip her coiling black hair away from her face fully – so they could see the full extent of their mistake. She watched the pair further, observing the initial shock, yes, and then the embarrassment came – quickly they began to small-talk between themselves. Such vanity, the living... Jéwel pondered passively, wondering if she missed such heightened emotions as they showed her. Raising her signature white hood over her head again – she mounted up, and raced to the Undercity. She no longer had a desire to feel that curious little scratch of Disgust. Only meditative suppression, and being with exclusively her own kind – only now she had discovered - would destroy that. One must always be in control, one must always be patient, one must always remain disciplined.

**A pristine, crisp looking enveloped parchment is delivered, by a small, leathery looking Forsaken**

To the High Delegate, and those appropriately concerned – The Spine,

I hear you are gathering numbers to your organisation, and I have looked from a far – your ideals are just, and I could support them.

I offer you my services, The Spine, as a Shield – for any members you deem needs to be delegated. If you choose to accept my worth, I will show you my absolute loyalty.

Awaiting your reply,

Yours – Jéwel Val’sorrow.

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Only through constant focus – her work – can she suppress any feeling of Guilt and Disgust, the only two emotions left with her. Being with her own kind, despite the fact she may seem quite different at first glance, allows her to do so. In other words, she needs to be kept busy - for the Forsaken Cause which The Spine uphold strictly - or she feels she has no real worth still existing.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

A Shield, like a Body Guard in essence – for delegated individuals. This includes the shielding of physical and emotional offensive penetration, from others.

How does your character respond to authority?

With a graceful nod.

TEST OF ABILITY

Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

I don’t believe the Forsaken are either ‘good’ or ‘evil’. All light it born out of darkness, wherever there is light, there is a looming shadow – both need to coincide for the other to even exist. The Forsaken have suffered on a massive scale – both physically and emotionally - and I think that is safe to say compared to some other ‘races’ in this world. It’s easy to judge the actions of those today – and not look back in the past – and try to understand where their behaviour was born from. The Forsaken have suffered brutal murder, physical violation in the control of their bodies, serious physical ailments, confusion, in some cases memory loss and ‘madness’ upon awakening, guilt, loss, and above all alienation resulting from all of these things. This result, after the initial shock of all of this – is supreme paranoia, the lack of trust, and the need for unity. To me, this is understandable, not that I agree personally the means for all of these things – along with the urge for Revenge – are always the right choices.

Thank you for your time reading this!

Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application. Left_bar_bleue80/80Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application. Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application.   Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:10 am

You've accepted!
Please contact myself or Rikaan for your IC interview. Even better, if you could come to the ruined tower in Duskwood tonight, we'd love to see you!
Back to top Go down
Jéwel

PostSubject: Re: Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application.   Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:21 am

Thank you! Very Happy I would have loved to come this evening but as I say I need to get transferred and that can take a couple of days I've heard. Will get that sorted out now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application.   Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jéwel Val'sorrow - Application.
Page 1 of 1