The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marcell Varecci's Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thelpony

Marcell Varecci's Application Empty
PostSubject: Marcell Varecci's Application   Marcell Varecci's Application I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:54 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I've been playing Wrath since roughly the end of it, starting my account on Jan 1st 2009. In that time I switched around realms alot because I could never find the kind of realm I was looking for.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

i r confidant in my inglish language oh-so muchly! u haz f8th in me?
I jest. No my English language is up to par for simple reasons such as; "It's my first language" and "I know it so much that I can actually do it in my sleep.". Though I will just put it out there that if there's a mistake in here somewhere, please, do tell. I'm only Human.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

I'll be quite honest my RP experiences don't actually go that far back as most other people playing on the realm. It was literally after Cataclysm launched that I left Chamber of Aspects and jumped over to the Sha'tar because my friends were here. After that I spent -a lot- of time reading the Lore and coming up to date with everything. Then I made my first applicant for the Convocation of Elrendar only to get my responce form Edanna and then slink away back to the Alliance.. Bad move.. I know.
Anyway after trying to improve on my RP skills from the Alliance ((Again.. bad move..)) I re-joined the Horde after I was confident that my RP skills had improved greatly. Because let's face it. When you've drained the Fel from a source and then a -Druid- comes along to try and revive it.. Something has gone wrong. So after making my second application I have been in the Convocation of Elrendar ever since as Thelnarion Shari'fal and Aleck Forestfire.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

Well as I said in the previous question I started out on alot of normal realms. But I feel that my PvP is.. M'yeah, it's alright. My Raiding is always needing a tune up and my PvE is spot on.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
If I was to be accepted into the guild I would be able to bring a nice atmosphere in my supportive ways and such. Along with some good laughs and happy times. Again, that's -if- I get accepted into The Spine.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Currently me and a friend from the CoE have made two Undead Forsaken Rogues which we're determined to level up fast. These have actually began to take priority over most things so you could count on somewhere between: A lot and every second day. That and being in The Spine opens up a number of doors for RP opertunities.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
My priority when online would be:
PvE/RP as main priority.
PvP as second to get some rogue gear until level 85.
Raiding. as third because honestly I'd rather give PvP a try more often.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I want to join The Spine because after so long of being in the CoE I feel that I need some change of atmosphere. The fact that Geriand has also put up a "TEST OF ABILITY" made me think that The Spine is a serious group of RPers.. That and after asking members of the CoE they said quite a few things of your high standards.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Marcell Andrew Robin Vericci

Title (if applicable): Self proclaimed "The Unseen".
Current Occupation: N/A. Currently traveling with his beloved brother/best friend Leopold.

Race:
-Undead Human

Level: 40.

In-game Class & Spec': Sub- main Combat- second.
IC Class: Acrobat/Assasin.

Hair Colour: Blood stained redish/purple.
Eye Colour: A murky yellow.
Height: 6'

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

I feel that Marcell would fit in nicely as a Deathstalker, due to his agile frame and cunning speed along with an array of weapons at his disposal. Also in life he and his brother Leopold worked directly for SI:7.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Marcell is content with the people of the Horde and doesn't really mind what goes on, so long as work gets done and we advance in life. His only problem with the Horde would be the Sin'dorei, feeling that they're both too stuck up and arrogent.
He feels that the Forsaken are only trying to do what they feel is best. Even if it does mean that blowing up Silverpine in a toxic green gas that is "harmless" to the Worgen is best.. then so be it!

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Marcell was risen only a mere two years ago. He's only heard stories of the Wrathgate but will often ponder on if the Forsaken can perform and exerpt their power in such a way.. then why don't they demand more attention from Garrosh to prove that we're useful?

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?
Marcell's current thoughts of the Horde are not leaning towards any side. He is loyal to Sylvannas and will do anything to make sure his Queen is happy.. or as happy as being an Undead with the stress of a dying race can be. On the other hand he believe Garrosh to be a DYI man, with less brain-power than his fist. Though in respect to him his DYI attitude lightens his thoughts only very slightly.. but not enough to say that Garrosh was a good leader.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.
Father: Unnamed father (MIA - presumed dead).
Mother: Maria Vericci (Living).
Siblings: Leopold Vericci (Undead) and an Unnamed sister in the Stormwind Army.

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.

Marcell and Leopold were born into your avarage family, there was nothing wrong with them nor did there seem to be. At a young age Marcell had taken a liking to Chemistry after he accidently created a puff of pink smoke which gained him the attention of a girl he liked. A few years later they broke up, and in sorrow and rage Marcell created a brew for his once beloved lady. As soon as she drank it she fainted on the spot. He meant no harm and avoided her for.. well until they left school... So a week.

After he had finished school he and his brother Marcell and Leopold decided that paying wasn't on their list of things to do. Waltzing into a store Leopold walked up to the counter and began having a casual talk whilst 'looking' up the foods to consider buying. Behind him and unbeknownst to the Shopkeeper, Marcell was taking what Leo was nodding at. But it didn't go unnoticed. Their Mother soon found out about this and took them to meet some friends of hers, SI:7 to be exact. This was ofcourse after she made them march back to the Shopkeeper and hand back the food they'd stolen and half eaten. Marcell and Leopold were soon taken under the shady wings of SI:7 where they lived their dreams out until it made them giddy just thinking of their next mission.

Though as the cruel hand of fate would have it.. they ballsed up. And this wasn't a muck up that could be shrugged off. No. This was drasticly in the opposite direction. After going to the Blue Recluse after a day at the office they decided it was time to relax with a friend who owned a small buisness. When drunk on their own accord they were laughing and chanting with glee. In the middle of chanting one of them exposed to their friend some valuable information regarding a mission by SI:7. Niether of them realised until hauled to a supirior and thrown from SI:7 on the spot.

Stricken with grief and no-where to go, they pleaded with their Mother to ask their supirior to reconsider them. Alas their Mother only turned her head at them and sighed, saying the best she could do was get them working the jobs nobody wanted. So with their heads high they walked out the door into the streets.. unemployed and starving. It was Marcell who turned to Leopold and said with a sparkle in his eye;

"My brother! My wonderful, wonderful brother! I've got an idea that'll get us some food and some well needed attention."

They became street performers. They used their training and acrobatic skills to impress the people of Stormwind to make enough money to get by. It was after that, that Leopold contacted the Darkmoon Faire. Overjoyed they would be working with people like themselves they made the best of what they were given. Fill-ins for people who couldn't make it. Stand up to keep the crowd going. The smaller jobs that needed done. Soon came the time where they were given their own performance titled "The Vericci Twins!". By popular demaned the two twins were flying and screaming with laughter as they put themselves in death defying stunts and in positions where one needed the other's hand to pull him out. Unbeknownst to the Twins the Darkmoon Faire was becoming uneasy with them. They were gaining too much attention and had actually sent one man out of buisness from the Faire after people screamed for the Vericci Twins. So they devised a plan to put the Vericci Twins out of buisness.

On the night of their performance like any other, the Darkmoon Carnies dug a Punji Pit and rigged their trapez as loose as it would go. When the brothers came to meet eachother and swap positions before they swung away... It broke. The brothers were sent falling into the pit.. unaware of who it was who did this.. Through Marcell's mind went thoughts of who would try to kill them. Could it be SI:7 still out for them after letting go of valuable information? Or had it been the Darkmoon Faire because he stole an icecream cone from someone as a joke?... Silence.

When Marcell awoke he blinked a few times, looking around he gathered where he was. He placed his hands on his head and awaited to be eaten alive by the Undead, thinking it was Cultist who had trapped and taken him to where he was currently. As he opend his eyes he realised that he couldn't feel himself blink.. Once.. Twice.. Thrice.. He poked himself in the eye to see if anything wasn't working. Ouch!.. It was. But as he pulled his hands away a silent hysterical laughter slowly crept up on his face. The laughter of a mad man as he slowly realised what had happend to him. And then there was sound.. Marcell was screaming and laughing uncontrollably as he shook violently on the spot. Turning to a Deathguard he spoke with a high pitched voice.

"Hey you! Yes you! Tell me what do you see?! By on all accounts this shouldn't be me!"

The Deathguard raised an eyebrow and muttered for his friend to come and ease the newly born Forsaken.

"Calm down there, you're alright.. you'll be fine.. You're in safe hands, Forsaken." Soothed the second Deathguard.

"Alright, I get it. I now understand. Now shut the f*** up and lend me your hand!" Laughed Marcell as the Forsaken pulled him up.

Marcell stood up, cracking his back and any joints he could find. It was then and there that he heard the high pitched squeel of the one person he wanted to see.. Leopold.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Marcell is a master of Chemistry and poison, along with retrieving information from people after having a 'friendly' talk with them. Though after remembering the pain and agony he was caused he tries his best to ease people around them whom he considers to be an ally.

How does your character respond to authority?
Marcell's life was bent around order and following it. Working for SI:7 and being shouted at repeatedly to get on stage ontime for his performances has only increased until his death. When arisen and reuinted with his Brother they began to travel the roads until hearing about a section of Her Queen's Army that was somewhat like a twisted version of SI:7.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.

Well that's not exactly true, in the quest from The Sludgefields you have the choice of either saving the Humans or smashing their heads in with a shovel, admittedly I may or may not have smashed a few heads in.. ok so maybe more than half.. all of them. Though depending on who the actual 'Hero' is of the Horde would you not save any of them?

The Forsaken are only looking out for their own race to survive and be accepted into the world just like any other race has been. Why should they have to sit in the back seat and watch as everyone els takes glory? Reffering back to the Sludgefields there is the matter of the Insane Proffesor who thinks that experimenting on subjects is far better than just leaving it to the Val'kyr who die out eventually after ressurecting a Lore Character. He is not evil for doing this he is just trying to look out for the better of his people. Though in fairness he -was- going against nature more than the Val'kyr were when they ressurected the pit of Fallen Alliance.

When Putress launched that attack at the Wrathgate he was trying to show to the Horde that the Forsaken have power that the Horde could use, and despite Varian's speech of "The Forsaken killed more of our men than they did the Scourge" it still goes to show that the Forsaken are willing to.. let's say demonstrate how effective they can be.
Although there are 'good' Forsaken out there, like the one that the Paladin found when he was searching around the Undercity, to which they both began to free other Forsaken and supposedly found Calia Menethil, ((Evidence of this is when the Forsaken says "Good evening, my Princess" which is also on Wowpedia/Wowwiki under the topic of the Menethil Bloodline.)). So as a whole I can't really say if there are 'good' and 'evil' Forsaken, I can only leave it up to the reader and general public to decide on weather or not they are or aren't.

Quick note:
I appologise if at any point in this you thought Marcell to be Mary-Sue material. I'm more than willing to re-do any parts of his personality and/or traits. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marcell Varecci's Application   Marcell Varecci's Application I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:15 am

First stamp of approval from me is right here, wait for second one.

When you get that said second approval, prod Marwonaeth, Torge, Anthraxius or Sinquija, Chloè for IC interview and invite.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Marcell Varecci's Application Left_bar_bleue85/85Marcell Varecci's Application Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Marcell Varecci's Application   Marcell Varecci's Application I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:56 am

Yup, second stamp of approval. I like the concept, as I've said before.

A few typos, but hey.

Wait for that third stamp!
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Marcell Varecci's Application Left_bar_bleue85/85Marcell Varecci's Application Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Marcell Varecci's Application   Marcell Varecci's Application I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:48 am

Despite the odd grammar/spelling mistake, I will grant you the third stamp required for the next phase, with a short(ish) remark:

You grasp the Lore of the Forsaken well, however I think that you have not fully comprehended the concepts of the Forsaken - in your character history, we hear of a casually kind Deathguard, which is more than unlikely considering the brutal discipline they go through, and the punishment they receive for even the slightest sign of emotion - the Deathguard of the Forsaken is the most disciplined and most efficient (no propaganda here*cough*) war-machine of Azeroth.
In addition to that, I think that you base your understanding of the Lore around what happens in-game as opposed to the general universe. There is nothing wrong with that, however there are flaws in those games (for example, the night elf who was born in Dolanaar), and the fiction goes far, far beyond WoW.

But despite that, your background story was a good read, and your character is very well developed.

Contact me, Chloe, Torge, Sinquija or Anthraxius in-game for an interview!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marcell Varecci's Application   Marcell Varecci's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marcell Varecci's Application
Page 1 of 1