The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Krylic - Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krylic

Krylic - Application Empty
PostSubject: Krylic - Application   Krylic - Application I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:45 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I started playing World of Warcraft not long after the release of Wrath of the Lich King, so roughly a year and a half.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
Very, English is my first language, although I am prone to the occasional spelling mistake.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.
Unfortunately, the only experience I have had with roleplay has been WoW related.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.
My main is Vangore, a level 80 undead mage on Hellscream. I am currently in one of the top horde guilds on the server. So I have done more PvE than RP or PvP. I only recently joined the guild I’m. I didn’t really progress that well in Ulduar, so my feelings on the place are neutral. Since I’m a Wrath of the Lich King Player, I only really know WotLK instances. My favourite so far has to be Icecrown Citadel. My favourite encounter would have to be the Lich King on heroic difficulty. Although I haven’t killed him yet on heroic yet, he is still my favourite. This is because the encounter is very challenging, the most challenging counter I have faced so far. If anyone slips up the encounter punishes you, probably causing a wipe. I also enjoy Blood Queen, what can I say? I’m a sucker for 100% increased damage buffs. My least favourite encounter in ICC has got to be Blood Princes HC. Shadow prison is just a pain and most of the fight I’m not doing much; it’s just a boring encounter in my opinion. PvP wise, I’m not as experienced. I enjoy battle grounds and arena, but I haven’t actually seriously PvP’d. The highest I’ve been is only 1500 rating. RP wise I, admittedly don’t have much experience. But the RP I have experienced I have thoroughly enjoyed. RP has allowed me to see the game in a whole different light.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
I can offer my experience in PvE to anyone who needs it. I also like to help out as much as I can.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
I am on most days throughout the day. But because of my raiding commitments I will be raiding at least 3 times a week (Wednesday, Sunday, and Monday) but probably more, depending on if I get picked for 10mans. Raid times are from 20:30 to 00:00 game times.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Having fun is the top of my agenda. And to create some great, memorable RP with some new found friends.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I really can’t see my character fitting anywhere else. I feel The Spine fits him perfectly.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Krylic.
Title (if applicable): N/A
Current Occupation: Apothecary.

Age: 35, when Krylic died. It has been 25 years since he died.

Race:
-Undead Human.

Level: 42 at the point of writing this.

In-game Class & Spec': Affliction Warlock.
IC Class: Warlock.

Hair Colour: Blue.
Eye Colour: Yellow.
Height: 5ft8”

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
I feel Krylic would be at home in the Royal Apothecary Society. He isn’t much of a melee fighter and he has a love for Alchemy.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Krylic is a patriot, and would see the Forsaken rise to great power. However, this doesn’t mean he would openly risk his life for the cause. He is very selfish. He hates other races as the other races hate him. He thinks himself above other races. He feels only the Forsaken truly understand life and death, being dead themselves. But he does realise without the Horde the Forsaken would have probably been wiped out, but this only makes him want to make the Forsaken stronger, so they don’t need the help of the Horde.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
He thinks it was a great success. The poison worked perfectly. He does however feel that it was a waste, and the Forsaken could have benefited more by keeping their cards hidden.

Family: IC Krylic remembers none of his family.
Father: Jenson Denbrough (Deceased)
Mother: Sheila Denbrough (Deceased)
Wife: Mellissa Denbrough (Deceased)

Character History:
Krylic was born as William Denbrough to Sheila and Jenson Denbrough. His mother was a housewife and his Father worked as an assistant at an apothecary. William Denbrough lived happily, had a normal childhood and upbringing. His father managed to get him a job at the apothecary, and he fell in love with alchemy from that point. Although he wasn’t allowed to actually perform alchemy as a minor, he loved to watch his father and his father’s boss brew potions. He thought that using science to help people with illnesses and disease was amazing, and generally though alchemy could fix everything. When he was 17 His father retired and William stepped up in place of his father. His family were not rich, but they weren’t poor either. At the age of 18 William met Mellissa Roberts. The Roberts’ were a middle class, respectable family, much like the Denbrough’s. Mellissa and William fell in love. They got married only 6 months later and lived happily. William’s father and mother died not long after the wedding, due to old age and natural illnesses.

After his parent’s death, Will decided to move to Lordaeron. They bought a small cottage not far outside the city with the savings Will had saved and they lived happily together for 16 years. During that time, Will got a job at the Apothecarium as a junior apothecary. His boss and new best friend was Rustle Ebert. After 16 years of living the good life, Mellissa became ill with an unknown disease (not the plague). There was nothing Will or Rustle could do. The best Rustle could do was supply pain killers so Mellissa wasn’t in too much pain. Over the next year Mellissa slowly degenerated, leaving her completely bed ridden. Will was convinced something could be done, using alchemy. He became obsessive, convinced if he just understood the human body and alchemy more he could save her. When Mellissa inevitably died, it destroyed Will. He refused to believe her death and became a total recluse. He stopped going to work and lay with his dead wife most of the day. He was still convinced he could create a cure if he just understood the human body more. When nightfall came, he desecrated graves of the newly deceased, for experimentation. After a week of not showing up for work, or seeing Will at the tavern, Rustle got worried. He went out to the Denbrough cottage and was horrified at what he say when he opened the door. There was mud smeared all over, and body parts littered around the small cottage. William was only the bed, stroking his, now decomposing wife’s hair. Rustle ran, and William was executed for grave robbing.

5 years passed, William Denbrough lay rotting in an unmarked grave. The plague hit, and the rise of the scourge had begun. Arthas Menethil killed his father, and the fall of Lordaeron had begun. Scourge necromancers raised William from the grave. When he was freed from the scourge by Sylvanas, he chose not to follow her and join her “Forsaken”. Instead he wandered the land. He was still convinced he could save Mellissa. On his travels he met a lone Orc. Gromosh Tharog. Gromosh was a skilled warlock, choosing to live alone. When he saw William he took him as his apprentice, William was only too happy to oblige, wanting the power to bring Mellissa back to his side. As the years past William grew more and more powerful. When tales of the opening of a gate into Outland came there way, Gromosh suggest travelling beyond to find more power. He thought that the power to dominate all life was hidden in the void, and was determined to access it. William and Gromosh travelled through the gate. No questions were asked, it was assumed they were there to help with the war effort. Once through the gate, they roamed the plains of Hellfire, researching and experimenting until at last Gromosh made a break through. He discovered how to open a rift into the void, and they planned to travel into it, and they did just that. The rift was opened and they stepped through, finding not what they expected. Everything went black.

William awoke in Shadow Grave. All his memories were gone. All he had were his warlock powers and one word. Krylic. He didn’t know what this word meant, but he took it for his name when asked by the watcher outside the crypt. It is unknown what happened to Gromosh. Krylic started a new journey, and became a member of the Forsaken. While a part of the Forsaken, he found skills he couldn’t explain how he got. He was a skilled alchemist, able to make potions off the top of his head, but not knowing where he learned all this. He now seeks to find what happened to him, to his life. He believes following the Forsaken will lead him to answers.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
To find answers to his past.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
He is a skilled alchemist, although not the best. He is also loyal and would do his best to help in anyway, except of course if it means his death.

How does your character respond to authority?
He responds well to orders given by higher ranking members of the Forsaken and completes the job to the best of his ability. However if he is given a order from a other race of the word, he isn’t too eager to do the job, he will however do the job (probably) as he understands the importance of keeping up appearances to the other members of the horde.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
This is a difficult one. On many ways, yes the Forgotten Shadow is very selfish. Its main 3 virtues are respect, tenacity and power.
Respect at first doesn’t seem selfish, but the whole basis of this virtue is self protection. The belief that respect for your superiors and the universe will protect you from self harm. If you don’t respect others power this will inevitably lead to danger. So the idea of this virtue is to help the individual gain power and avoid danger.
Tenacity is also a virtue to aid in personal development. Tenacity is the belief that if you are patient, you will succeed and gain power. This is also another very selfish belief. Self gain seems the most important aspect of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow.
Then we have the virtue of power. To me, this shows the selfishness of the Cult. This shows the main reason for the Cult is power. This could however be interpreted differently. The Cult could seek power to elevate the Forsaken, keeping the Forsaken safe, which in my eyes is an act of selflessness.
The Cult does however preach compassion. They are compassionate to other members of the Forsaken, as they also truly understand their pain. I believe this isn’t selfish, this shows that the Cult cares about other people. Overall, I feel at heart the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow only seeks safety for the Forsaken, they seek this through their virtues, which all centre on sell gain and power. But I believe they will use this power to help the Forsaken. The Cult is a place where depressed and desolate Forsaken can find a new purpose, a new lease on life, allowing them to overcome despair and depression. So I have mixed feelings on the Forgotten Shadow, they seek power and self gain, which is selfish. Were as on the other hand they seek to use that power to help the Forsaken, and the Cult’s principles helps Forsaken overcome depression and despair. Because of this, I don’t believe the Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.

Sorry, I couldn't get the G.R.E.A.T stamp onto my application Sad
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Krylic - Application Left_bar_bleue80/80Krylic - Application Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Krylic - Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krylic - Application   Krylic - Application I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:17 am

Accepted! Contact Vraenesha ingame for your interview.
Back to top Go down

Krylic - Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: