The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  Left_bar_bleue85/85[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  Empty
PostSubject: [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge    [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:29 am

Votes said yes, and I'm enthusiastic. The people have spoken: The Apothecary Challenge will be a monthly event!

Once a month, I'll summon you to the lab to give you a keyword, and present you with a stockpile of goods. You get three days (including the day on which the meeting was on) to think of something, make it, and then on the fourth day you'll present it to the rest of us. Everyone will cast a vote, and the winner will be rewarded, the loser punished.

Now, what is the Apothecary Challenge?
Very easy to grasp. It's a chance for you to prove your creativity in front of the rest of us, and a chance for your character to rise and shine. At the beginning of each 'project' (as I refer it to as), I will give you a one-word keyword. This could be anything, but don't expect me to say "love" or "carebear", be prepared for something dark and unhappy.

Once we're all clear on the rules, I'll shoo you out of the lab, prepare a table while I make write a reply to this thread in which the keyword will be given, and a list of goods will be displayed.
You are allowed to take three items from the stockpile, and it's from this selection that you make whatever you have in mind. Initially, it'll be the first to make a reply that'll get his/her first choice, but as we move on, I'll allow those who've been less fortunate over time to pick first. Just for the sake of competition.
It's not possible to change your mind, and you're not allowed to take more than three, so if I post "Three bundles of vials", each of the bundle counts as one item. That means, if you take three vials, you're not allowed to take anything else. If you take two, you're allowed to take one item, if you take one vial, you're allowed to take two other items. You get what I mean.

And that's it! Over three days, you're gonna think of something awesome from the items you picked, make it in-game, and present it on the fourth day.

If you have any questions or issues, contact me in game!
I'm going to leave past projects here, so that newcomers will get a chance to see what I mean.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:
[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  Left_bar_bleue85/85[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge    [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 am

“Sorrow”
Ingredients:
  • A bouquet of Arthas' Tears.
  • Two vials.
  • A flask of condensed onion juice.
  • A dead puppy, recently slain.
  • One bowl of crushed Deadnettle.
  • A magic-channelling charm.
  • A voodoo doll.
  • A bundle of three, severed Dreadtalon Claws
  • One scroll of the fabled “Crushing Despair” spell.
  • A pouch of grey sand from the Bone Wastes of Terrokar.
  • Three flasks of Ectoplasm.
  • A dish of Gravemoss.
  • Another dish of Sorrowmoss.
  • A Ghost Mushroom.
  • A single, frail Talendra's Rose.

The day of judgment is Thursday the tenth.

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:41 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge    [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:04 am

Apothecary Challenge Special - N. Black versus T. Darkcast!
“Winter's Veil”
Ingredients:
  • A bunch of Frostberries
  • A candy apple.
  • A vial of fermented Drakkari Blood
  • A string of several Borean Frog poison glands

The day of judgment shall be Friday the ninth! Be there, and watch the two apothecaries face each other!

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge    [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:05 am

The Royal Professor gleefully snatches the candy apple and the vial of fermented Drakkari Blood.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  Left_bar_bleue80/80[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge    [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:11 am

Teo walks in in slow-motion (so he still look Awesome) and takes:

- Frostberries
- Borean Frog Poison Glands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge    [Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Monthly Event] The Apothecary Challenge
Page 1 of 1