The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apothecary Kalmar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kalmar

Apothecary Kalmar Empty
PostSubject: Apothecary Kalmar   Apothecary Kalmar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:24 am

Introduction
Hello, and welcome to Geriand's Reasonably Exciting and Attractive Tutorial (G.R.E.A.T) on how to successfully apply to The Spine. Let's say you're a Level 40 Forsaken Rogue. You've been playing WoW for a couple of years now and you really want to get into roleplaying? Perhaps you're an experienced roleplayer, you've seen us in action and you want to be a part of it? What if you don't even have a character on The Sha'tar but are considering moving your main from a PvE/PvP/other RP server? This guide will work, suit and fit all of your needs as it allows you to successfully fill out this form without any major errors. All of the questions will have detailed explainations beneath them as well as links to internet resources which can help you if required. The questions below will be in white while my guidance will be written in an olive green.
Now without further delay, let us begin.

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
Since 2005 (Vanilla), Active RPer since 2009.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
90%, there is some words that comes up now and then that are little hard to spell.
Reading and understanding is not a problem.

This question can provide laughable responses when someone says:
"i am graet at using the englihs language. i was born in ingland and know exactly wut I am doing."
While I haven't seen a reply like that yet I am waiting for it to happen. To make a spelling or grammar mistake in this question is to ask for a rejection. The most important tip I can offer to you for this one is to be as honest as you can. If you have dsylexia, say so! If English isn't your first language, say so! If I don't know then I'm going to assume that you just can't spell. This applies to all of the questions but perhaps more so here; the more you tell us, the more likely you are going to be accepted.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
Wow was my first Roleplay experience overall.
Wanted to test a different approach on WoW and the result was that I never left it.
Always been compelled by the lore and love to write fiction.
Don't think it is classed as tabletop Rokeplay, but I was active when I was younger in Warhammer 40k Tabletop.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.
Since 2005, well.. Raiding alot of vanilla instances, alot of WOTLK instances, did not play alot during TBC so most of those instances was done on alts after WOTLK launched.
Always found a love for Battleground as I am not a hardcore player any longer but casual. Never tried Arena, it freaks me out.

In RP manner
Before I begin, all my history comes from Steamwheedle Cartel RP server.
Learned my basic RP skills in the Stormwind guard held by Kaliadas during 2009. I was with them for 6 months before I left Alliance RP to focus on my real passion: The Forsaken.

I was the guild leader of The Apothecary Society during May 2009 till december 2009 with Apothecary "Lundstark".
Disband it after the new patch with the Orc guards in Undercity went live, RPing a Apothecary was getting to much against the wind.

After that, I created "Shadows of Lordaeron" with a few Forsaken friends with its goal to be a community inside the Forsaken. My leading character back then was called Mailann who was the Executor.
During the summer 2010 I left Shadows of Lordaeron to my officers to continue strive as a Apothecary and created "Doctors of Apogrypha", A Apothecary only guild which is still active and in charge by myself.

Im also the creator of: "An Apothecary RP"

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
My passion lies with the Apothecary, I love to RP a scientist and hope to learn from others and hope to perhaps learn others on tip and tricks of RP.
Im a guy who wants to try new things and search for knowledge and experience in the lore of the Forsaken and the lore of the Society, as well as my own RP ways.

I have been focused on Forsaken RP for more then a year now. Im not an expert but I love to share and discuss Forsaken Lore, its not about right or wrong but sharing your views and opinion on it.
About behavior, I'm 25 years old who can't even write "Laughing out loud" (For real). So don't worry about the Chuck Norris jokes.. Mine are worse Smile.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
If I am not working or have any business IRL, I will be on as much as I can.
I want to share and RP, I can't do that if I never goes online.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
My real life commitment comes first. I will log in when I can.
I will make priority of RP-events.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
I have been RPing on Steamwheedle all my WoW-RP life, I want to test a new server and see new people and hope to get a new experience.
Your guild intrigued me quite much and felt that I must take a shot at it and see if I have any chance to join in.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name Frederick Kalmar
Gender Male
Title Apothecary Doctor

Current Occupation: Stationed in the Apothecarium for the moment with the Society. Been working inside since Wrath gate incident and have been eager to stretch my legs outside Undercity to gather new components for a new strain. Overseer Kraggosh is making it hard to work in the Undercity. I feel for Faranell but it is never easy to be a leader, especially not when the orcs try to make your work more difficult.

Age: Something around 40+, Kalmar has not been counting the years since he fell victim to the Scourge

Race: Undead Human

Level: 60

In-game Class & Spec': Rogue, Mutilate/Envenom specc (PVP)
IC Class: Doctor / Chemist.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Greenskins, Blood elfs, Trolls, bulls.. I'm a doctor, not a . Just if they let me work in peace I will have no trouble at all with them.
Putress was a most unfortunate development, he shown promise but his disloyalty has scared us for years to come. But I'm sure the Horde will see how valuable we can be if they just let us get some breathing room. Have trust in the Dark lady, she will make the society shine again.. in time.

Family:
I have no interest of developing a Family tree, I leave this blank for the future.

Character History:
Frederick Kalmar was one of Loraderon's many fine Alchemists who lived in Tirisfal Glades.
He loved to walk in the forest, collecting herbs for new medicine or potions, he often got visits from the people in Brill when they were feeling ill, Frederick had quite the reputation of helping those in need to get healthy when a Priest were not around to heal the wounds or the cold.
When Arthas murdered his father and brought chaos to the region, Frederick stayed in Tirisfal Glades to aid the Lordaeron soldiers in his expertise to heal them with his potions and herbs.
He stayed loyal to the kingdom till the moment he died by the undead army.

Frederick regain his independence about the sametime Sylvanas did when the Lich King was "assaulted" by Illidan.
Fighting with his deep scared memories about his deeds as an agent of the Scourge, he saw his home.. the town in death. He had lost everything like many others. He swore his loyalty to Sylvanas Windrunner as a field-medic and to aid her soldiers with his former human talents as a Alchemist.
But when Frederick saw that his healing abilities in alchemy was not useful anymore as a undead, he changed direction and started to corrupt his herbs and manipulate them from a cause of aid to a cause of terror. He developed mighty bombs of gas that would make a living to cough out his lungs or acid that would melt through the flesh with great agony.

Frederick joined the Apothecary Society when it was created by Sylvanas and has been a loyal servant since then.
Frederick was stationed in Silverpine forest as one of the Local Apothecaries during the Northrend campaign and had nothing to do what so ever with Putress scheme.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Frederick has missed the field work, staying inside with the breath on the neck from the Orc guards has slowed the process long enough. He hope to visit more areas with a military force to collect for new strains.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
A very talented Alchemist, his undead life is dedicated to science. He study a lot of books on Alchemy to increase his knowledge.

How does your character respond to authority?
Nothing of a problem. Frederick believe in the chain of command. The only problem as a Civilian Apothecary in a Military unit is that they probably don't understand the delicate process the Apothecaries are doing. But none the less To gain some, you have to sacrifice some.

TEST OF ABILITY

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
Many Forsaken are still commoners, some of them still live as they did during their human life, to some extent.
Forsaken don't care so much for the living in overall, they stay much to themselves.
There is many good Forsakens, if you can look beyond the Military and the Society.

ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.
Im not going to get into this discussion, I have tried to understand their religion but it don't make any sense to me. Lucky enough, Scientists and religious people don't chat so much so my answer to this can work as well IC.

iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.
Not really, and that Thrall leaves Hellscream incharge will only make it worse.
Even if Thrall probably trust Sylvanas to some degree, The Horde would disband our alliance if they were able to have a larger force to control Eastern Kingdom. But till the Horde can establish a large force to keep the Alliance at bay and conquer them, the Forsaken will continue to be the Horde's ally. (My point of view).

iv) The Royal Apothecary Society is the most powerful of the Forsaken organisations.
The Society is one of the most important organisations in Sylvanas Forsakens. Even after Putress defeat they are still around and its oblivious that Sylvanas still want her plague from Faranell.
The Undead plague that created the Society in the first place.
The Society is still however a civilian organisation, they are not soldiers but their talent in plagues has helped Sylvanas on many fields to become victory.
However, as I am not a BETA tester of CATA, I can't say so much about the Society's developement in CATA so I will leave it blank.

v) Grand Apothecary Putress should be considered a traitor to the cause.
He was a genius, he was so near to create the plague that Sylvanas has asked from the Society since it's creation. Pity that his loyalty was to another.
Putress is forever a traitor, but his work was most useful for the Forsaken if it were used proper and not on their allies.

vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.
They wanted revenge, now they got it. Now its time to make sure they continue to exist.
Forsaken still has a purpose. But many of Sylvanas goals are still hidden from the rest of the Horde.
Back to top Go down
Kalmar

Apothecary Kalmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apothecary Kalmar   Apothecary Kalmar I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:35 am

Quick reply, was little braindead when I did this.
The name is Kalmore, not Kalmar.

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down

Apothecary Kalmar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Steamspur Company :: The Spine :: The Harrowed Archive-
Jump to: