The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Hergrim

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hergrim

Hergrim

Character
Name: Hergrim
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application - Hergrim Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Hergrim Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Application - Hergrim Empty
PostSubject: Application - Hergrim   Application - Hergrim I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:31 am

I have been playing World of Warcraft for a while.
I started playing World of Warcraft at the 26th of April 2006. I do believe that was during Vanilla. I've been playing actively ever since. So about 6 years now?
English is not my first language. That's Norwegian. But I love talking English. In general I prefer using it over my first language. I might have some flaws from time to time, but if someone corrects me that will just make me learn, which is even better. I feel pretty confident when speaking / writing English.

I started roleplaying shortly after The Burning Crusade was released. I did, to my great, great shame start out as a Blood Elf, but soon changed to playing Troll / Forsaken. I also have a great past in a server called Novus Two in Garry's Mod, which was a Post-Apocalyptic RP server. I did spend some time playing old RPGs like Baldur's Gate, but I don't think that adds much to proper RP. During my first year as a roleplayer I started reading up on the lore. While my knowledge does not cover all of it, it does cover what I've heard of in-game and what interests me. And of course some of the Warcraft short stories. I've been through a lot of bad roleplay in World of Warcraft, but that has made me appreciate the good part even more.

In the past I started doing simple PvE. I didn't really reach lvl 60 before The Burning Crusade was released, but I rushed my warrior to 70 in short time, and I started raiding with some friends. I was tanking back then. I was usually the off-tank, but at occasions I did main tank aswell. During that time I made a character on The Sha'tar aswell, and I started roleplaying. I've been playing with... I do believe it was called The Apothecarium with the same character as I am applicating with now. I did also RP on the oposite faction, with guilds such as Army of Wrynn and Township of Lakeshire. But my best experiences were with the Bloodstorm Clan late-Wotlk and the Underworld Trade Society early-Cata. I gave up PvE in Wotlk for a while, sticking to Roleplay and PvP. I did that with my warrior, Prot PvP, in a 2v2 team with low rating sadly.
Pre-Cata I started lvling a shaman, my undead just sitting on my character list for now. I started doing more hardcore PvP with that, being a healer in 2v2 and 3v3 teams. My highest rating was 1500.

As of what I can bring to the OOC part of the guild... I can bring potions and elexirs, herbs and ores. And a friendly personality. I do not like it if people are angry with me, so if I do quarrel with anyone one night I usually apologise first thing in the morning. I do have some experience I can share with newer players, atleast if it comes to warrior or warlock. Or just older content in general. I love being helpful and to feel that I have a place in a society.

If I was to join The Spine I would probably be online atleast once a day, unless something happens in my life that hinders me from playing. I.e. School, training, family, the usual stuff. But I really want to get into the RP scene again so I would invest a lot of time in it.

I would prioritise the guild over just about anything. Even a Firelands group. Been raiding for a while on my warlock now, and it did not amuse me that much, so the majority of my time will be spent roleplaying.

On to the CHARACTER INFORMATION:

Name: Hergrim Calderin
Title: Apothecary / Alchemist
Race: Undead Human
Level: 85
In-game class & spec': Affliction / Destruction Warlock
IC Class: Apothecary / Lesser warlock. (In the sense of having a felhunter present and posessing minor affliction abilities)
Hair Colour: Dark grey
Eye colour: Green
Height: 5'9"

Of the three groups, Hergrim would fit into the Royal Apothecary Society due to his long love for alchemy, from before his death. And a passion for beings suffering, from after his death. He would spend hours, maybe days in an library just studying if he needed to. And he loves to try out new combinations.

Hergrim feels that ever since after the Wrathgate incident, his research has been cut down, leaving him to creating simple things or studying what other Apothecaries have made. But he does believe that the Horde brings safety to the Undercity in exchange for soldiers and alchemical products. Personally, he hates the living elves. Mainly due to bad experiences both pre- and post-death.

He feels a little bit ashamed. Putress was his big hero at that time. He sought after his knowledge, and he did believe that the Forsaken could have done better. After all, Putress did die. Every day he thinks back at that day. Viewing it as both a victory and a defeat for the Forsaken. Deep inside he wishes for his Forsaken bretheren to be independent.

Currently he thinks that the Horde is advancing, but he does not like Garrosh. He has great respect for Sylvanas. And as long as she leads the Forsaken alongside the Horde, Hergrim will follow around, though trying to make it better for the Forsaken with little thought for the other races of the Horde.

Family: The only family member that is considered "alive" is his brother Girdos. He hasn't been seen for many a year, but he is out there somewhere. Other than that, his family is pretty much non-existent to him. He does not love his brother at all. They did fight after they were raised. Girdos seeking "truth" and enlightenment, making friends with elves and trolls, not aiding the Forsaken at all.

Character History:
Hergrim was born in a rather poor family in Westfall. He was a farmers boy, just as his brother. But he wanted more to life, so he traveled to Stormwind and started saving to learn the great art of Alchemy. He studies this quetly for many years. During his studies he traveled to Southshore, meeting some friends there. There he was told about the possibilities he would have in Lordaeron, so there he went. Here his studies continued. Living a somewhat average life. He started perfecting a few of his skills around the age of 30, but he knew he still had much to learn. In secret, along with a few of his fellow humans, he started picking up the art of demonology. He did not study this as much as his alchemy, but it was present in his life. There was not much of note that happened in his life until he died due to a failed experiment. He tried to make a potion that would enhance his mind. It simply gave him a cardiac arrest.
This happened just in Southshore. This was about one year after Sylvanas freed the Forsaken from the Lich King, so he was kind of late to the party. After about one year his brother came to the Undercity. He was obviously disgusted. His brother did not like being a Forsaken. Hergrim personally loved it. Meeting fellow minded alchemists, sharing knowledge. His brother, Girdos, went to Orgrimmar, befriending a troll named Thersin that would cause Hergrim much trouble later in his life. After several attempts to kill his brother, Hergrim simply gave up. Girdos disappeared for unknown reason, but the troll did not go away. One day when Hergrim was studying a new potion a fellow Apothecary had made, the troll came. He wanted power. Hergrim did not want to give it to him. And out of rage, the troll tried to beat him. Hergrim did give in, so the troll proceded to dip Hergrim's left hand in acid. After leaving, Hergrim sat there with one hand without skin and even more lacking flesh. This was the last major event in his life as a Forsaken. After this followed another year of studies.

My character wants to join the guild because he seeks to do more with his skills. Simply sitting in the Undercity making potions for Horde soldiers is not very entertaining for him. He wants likeminded people of the same "race". He simply wants more.

My character can bring a vast knowledge in Alchemy. (Atleast I want to believe so myself.) He is a master in creating acids and things that kill. He can also bring a felhunter, as he knows a little bit about the skills of a warlock. But over 90% of his skills lie in Alchemy.

If you say "jump" my character will jump. No questions. Just action. He respects his authorities. But he also does believe that respect is earned. So the first week (if I do get in) might be a little bit awkward for him.

"TEST OF ABILITY"

Putress is considered a traitor to the cause due to his attack on the Scourge, the Alliance and the Horde during the attack on Angrathar the Wrathgate. He was first acknowledged as an apothecary during the Scourge invasion before the Northrend offensive. Though he did work alongside the Horde it was merely to gain what he needed to «perfect» the Blight or the New Plague as it is called. To everyone but some of the Forsaken he is considered a traitor along with some of his Apothecary accomplices. Personally, as a huge fan of Putress, the Apothecary Society and the Forsaken in general I do believe that he is not a traitor. He had his own cause. To show that the Forsaken could be independent. And to make them so.

But I do think that he should be considered a traitor due to his alliance with the nathrezim. Corruptive demons. This is what makes the effort put in from both the Horde and the Alliance to strike them down worth it. The Forsaken should be independent. And making pacts with demons makes it sort of the oposite.

This also showed the strength of the Forsaken. The rebel Forsaken managed to capture Undercity during this horrific event in the north, and with the power of all the Forsaken combined under one leader, out of the Horde they would actually be able to stand alone, but that is highly unlikely to happen.
Sylvanas, the Queen stroke down on this rebellion with great power. Slaying the filthy demon that she had by her side for so many years.

This event also showed that the Royal Apothecary Society easily would be the most powerful organisation of the Forsaken. All the lifetaking power stored within the Blight. Such beauty. If all of them had worked together they could have overcome almost every enemy. Perhaps the dragons would be hard, but every other race. Picture the marvelous view as the Blight is bombarded into the city of Stormwind. The screams, the smell, the satisfaction of progress.

Personal view, Putress should not be considered a traitor to the cause. The nathrezim should.
General view, Putress should be considered a traitor. If he had used the Blight with the Horde they could have crushed the Alliance easily.

Thanks for the G.R.E.A.T. Mrk2. Did really help writing the application.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtomicBunnehStudios

Application - Hergrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application - Hergrim   Application - Hergrim I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:12 pm

*scratch-scratch*

Where did I get confused... Ah right, sudden appearance of brother and your style of breaking sentences into new ones, where it would be more a nice flow to keep them in one... But urgh, yeah.

Seems quite decent to me.
So, shoot away any of these people for IC interview and invite: Anthraxius, Marwonaeth, Isaelle/Cherize, Manners.
Back to top Go down

Application - Hergrim
Page 1 of 1