The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application- Llorian Cromwell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Llorian

Llorian

Character
Name: Llorian Cromwell
Profession: Hunter
Level:
Application- Llorian Cromwell Left_bar_bleue85/85Application- Llorian Cromwell Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Application- Llorian Cromwell Empty
PostSubject: Application- Llorian Cromwell   Application- Llorian Cromwell I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 am

PLAYER INFORMATION

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I believe I started playing around the time of the first expansion, roughly January/February 2007. This would have been the release of the Burning Crusade, which is how I became aware of the game, and I have been playing ever since then- which would equate to a good five years.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I was born in Manchester, England, and have lived here for all my 22 years. I enjoy pretending my characters speak with 'received pronunciation' despite having a regional accent IRL. I took English Language and English Literature at sixth form, and am positive of my ability to read, write and speak well in it.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
This does not have to have been within WoW.

My first interests in roleplay were sparked after seeing the first Lord of the Rings film when I was twelve years old. I discovered Runescape, which I enjoyed, but found it very difficult to get immersed in, due to the naming system, amongst other things. Later on I started writing two person fanfiction on small forums, one story of which lasted for three years, in a Middle-Earth setting, using existing characters and others of our own creation. I am a big fan of the Fighting Fantasy books and the Lone Wolf adventures, both of which are amazing gamebook/choose your own adventure style publications. When I joined Warcraft I rolled a male troll, and he has been my learning curve for pretty much every aspect of the game, particularly RP. With him I have been in several guilds, gradually favouring the elite levels of roleplaying. With Llorian, a Cataclysm alt slowly becoming my new favourite, she has only been in one guild thus far, and that was Bloodwyrm.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

In terms of levelling, I really enjoy simple, random PvE dungeons. Llorian got to 85 entirely through this method, despite its slowness, because questing drives me up the wall, and I feel like I've done that all before on my troll. Not that dungeons aren't fairly repetitive too, but the chance for random loot always appeals to me. While I was going through all this I loved the Graveyard wing of the Scarlet Monastery solely because of the line “Tell me...tell me everything!” from Vishas, who I kind of love despite the whole, you know, torturing thing. I also have a particular memory from the first years of my troll, running Jintha'Alor, having the radio on and feeling like it was the best instance ever because rather than being in some random pit of hell, you were in the open air, there was nice weather, and yes, the mobs might want your beating heart, but they were going to put it to good use. I have raided perhaps two or three times in the entire history of my subscription, and really not enjoyed it. The chances are that I will have large blocks of time to play the game, but not being able to leave something for several hours is fairly impossible in my world.

RP is the reason why I joined the game, and for me is the consistent factor that keeps my characters alive. My main's first guild was called “Wolfriders”, which wasn't a particularly serious place, but it was in there that I got my first taste of what was expected, how to play by the rules, and experience the server. After this I joined “Eschaton” which was where my ideas on character development really took off. Unlike the first, the motives of this guild were cultish, leaning towards the evil and demonic. I had an amazing time there before we all drifted apart, but what I came to understand from that is my characters are a reflection of my personality, so whenever I try to be evil, there's always a “Well, why?” looming in the back of my mind. The guild I remember more than any other was “Esoteric Illusion”, which lasted almost a year, if I recall. My opinions of how quality RP really should be were formulated here, and a need for perfection in spelling and punctuation (yes, my attitude is fairly elitist in this area). I was gutted when this guild fell apart, and vocal, let's say, when I was gypped into rejoining it for one week so that they could turn it in to what it is now. Let's just say I left it. I drifted for a while before being discovered by the Bloodsail Elite, which might be a bit quiet these days, but I have good friends there, and I feel like I enjoy where my character is right now. On Llorian, the only guild she has ever been is was Bloodwyrm, due as I say to the fact that I find evil RP quite difficult, and that it suited her story of a rebellious ex-hermit. In general I am much more comfortable with conversational roleplay, as opposed to events, where I feel slightly unimaginative. Llorian previously behaved in a much more humanist way, but I am looking to expand that through a desire to defend the homeland she loves so dearly.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

Mild insanity. I can be quite random at times, but I'll ultimately befriend anyone, and drop everything to come and chat, RP, or both. I like to think I have a good sense of humour and knowledge of meme culture/geek references Very Happy

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Very often; I am on quite frequently now and for the foreseeable future. Academically I have almost graduated from university, so what happens next is entirely up to me. I am going to be looking for a job or volunteer work but this might take a while, so I will give people a lot of notice, and even then still keep playing in my free time. The only unknown is family mealtimes, which can occasionally take a while.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

I would like to interact as much as possible, meeting people and forming the sorts of friendships that I really appreciate having. I don't do raids, so there is never going to be a conflict of schedules. I do grind mats for my professions when I have the time, but RP is always top priority.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I feel forsaken RP is some of strongest on the server, and I have admired the vigour of The Spine since its Apothecarium days. It has impeccable standards, and quality members.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Llorian Cromwell.
Title (if applicable): Formerly “Sister”.
Current Occupation: Marksman/Scribe.
Age: 26 at the point of death. Ten years have since passed.
Race: Undead Human.
Level: 85.
In-game Class & Spec: Survival Hunter.
IC Class: Marksman.
Hair Colour: Dark grey.
Eye Colour: n/a.
Height: 5”4.

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Although this may sound strange, I think Llorian would prefer to be a Tester,among the three divisions of the Royal Apothecary Society. Being skilled with both guns and bows, her nomadic life has moulded her into a keen sharpshooter, in doing so grants her the ability to capture deserving victims easily, and return them to their designated laboratory. She is terrified of the plague, but in her own walk of life commonly uses both poison and toxins to outmatch her quarry, studying their various properties.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

She has spent a long time feeling dubious about the Forsaken, and fearing that there have been motives to decimate their own kind, as well as enemies of the Horde. Despite this, she doesn't appreciate the distrust received from other races, and wants to see her land returned to the people who lived and died in its name. Llorian does not particularly mind these races, but her view of them comes from a personal interest, as she believes their attitude to sacrifice and suffering cannot possibly compete, with exception of the Blood Elves.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Llorian's biggest fear can be put down to this entirely. She loathes the plague in all its forms, whoever is wielding it. Ultimately, it was a dishonourable form of combat which sparked underhanded repercussions, and a renewed lack of confidence towards the Forsaken people. Although at the time she didn't have much regard for the Undercity or it's Queen, in retrospect she wishes she had been there to at least keep it from the hands of the Burning Legion and Alliance greed.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

Llorian feels that the battle for Gilneas confuses the object of the war effort. Due to its King not supporting the Lordaeron Alliance in its heyday, she feels it isn't befitting of her efforts to include it in the restoration of the old empire. In her view, concentration should be specifically devoted to the true Lordaeron, and quite why a port can't be built using the coastline of Tirisfal or Silverpine is pure avarice. To her, Garrosh is a warmonger, charging his way into whatever battle he can induce, but Sylvannas is hardly helping to quash his and the Horde's suspicions. Yet as a defender, she should be greatly respected, deserving of her people's debt. In Llorian's opinion the objective should be decimating the Gilnean numbers from their own lands, rather than searching for them behind the Greymane wall.

Family:

Mother: Eleanor Cromwell.
Father: Nathaniel Cromwell.

Character History:
-For Undead Human characters you can cover their life from birth through to their death and up to their current activities.

Llorian Cromwell was born into the busy streets of Stratholme, under the boughs of a colourful townhouse between the King's Square and Market Row. Her parents, a planned marriage between nobles and merchantmen, traded the luxuries of the world; notably spices and fabric, giving the place an exotic richness of scent and vitality. Although kept away from the crowds, her father ensured she was well educated by private scholars until the age of fifteen, after which she was found employment in the city as a lady-in-waiting to the house of Edward Sykes and his wife, Ada. Her responsibility here was dutifully menial, and soon the attachment that was required between herself and Lady Ada turned to one of genuine affection and love. This liaison continued undetected for several years, but ultimately, their relationship could not remain hidden forever.

The Lord of the manor, long guided by the whispers of his servants, discovered the affair, and banished the girl from service. Dismissed and disgraced, her father sent her away to Andorhal, to obey as a sister of the Light, deliberately avoiding the chapel and bastion so hallowed among their own borough. The convent in which she found herself was an unusually matriarchal sect, all of whom were ordained Knights of the Silver Hand, and fanatically devoted to their faith. Preferring to don robes rather than armour, they practiced the teachings of the three virtues, and slowly Llorian began to take respect, compassion, and tenacity to heart. She became deeply pious as a lay priestess, receiving the sobriquet “Sister” a year into service, following the guidance of her mentors keenly. Yet Andorhal was not all it appeared to be.

Beneath an illusion of doctrines and worship beckoned the whispers of the Cult of the Damned. A change started to sweep the town, and although Llorian could not pinpoint its origin, she knew there were many in her clergy whose attitudes could swing from the frailty she had herself mirrored at one time, to quick tempered fury, hurriedly restrained. One day after another, she grew more and more uncertain, even frightened of her own people. Their self-control wavered, but their urge to manufacture increased, and behind closed doors the tainted grain was ground and distributed to other unsuspecting victims of the north. Upon the words of the Bishop, Llorian locked herself in the church, the last of its Sisters to embrace the meditation and solitude of the Light's teachings. It seemed as though the darkness could harbour no more secrets before another glaucous morning brought forth a stranger to her doors.

Answering an echo from the heavy iron framework, creaking hinges revealed a figure stood, silently, under the stone arches. Heavily shawled, the hood of the garment was drawn back to reveal a face which belonged seven years past. Ada. Weeping, she spoke of Stratholme, and how its people perished, before rising again as hideous, undead monsters. Those that had not fallen or fled were met at the gates by Arthas, and the remains of a dissolved Silver Hand treacherous enough to follow him. Moving through its streets, they made no distinction between the corpses and the living, and now all burnt to an ash, while Lordaeron choked in smog and ruin. They must escape.

But by now, the privacy of Andorhal had no need to hide. Behind them, soldiers of walking decay rattled slowly over cold stone. Immediately Llorian clutched at Ada's sleeve, pushing them towards the staircase that would take them into the upper reaches of the bell tower. They ran, slamming the door in their wake, and gasped for a moment breathlessly, before deep, booming knocks drowned out the silence. Ada turned to Llorian, desperate panic making her tremble, while looking determinedly into her eyes. The tears had never left, and were streaming now. A blunt object collided with the wooden barrier from the other side, splintering a wedge through which several bony arms reached for them, and still they thundered against the timber. Realising they were trapped, Ada held Llorian in her arms, and moved to kiss her, but all that could be seen was the flash of a blade thrust forward from somewhere in the folds of her cloak. She screamed as the wooden beams were finally torn apart with a retching crash, and carcasses of death spewed into the room. Collapsing against the wall, her last memory was not of pain, but betrayal. Ada seemed to smile, maintaining composure for a second to cradle her head against the fall. But as Llorian grew weak, the demonic tongue of a necromancer rang in her ears.

She knows that her acts under the Scourge's will were unspeakable, though this area of her mind is forcefully blocked away. After the battle of Mount Hyjal, Llorian found herself in Tirisfal Glades, drowning under the impact of slow reminiscences from her previous life. Fearing that Sylvannas could prove to become the same force of evil as the Lich King, the woman fled, wandering Azeroth alone for almost a decade. In this time, she studied the only living things she was brave enough to confront; the many and varied animals of the Eastern Kingdoms. Now, the need for human company is overwhelming. She has recently returned herself to civilization in the hope that she can make up for her lengthy absences, and restore the kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Llorian is an experienced sharpshooter, learned from a decade of independence and need to provide for her bestiary. These creatures have themselves been an object of her study, accounted for in thorough documentation and tomes. She has retained the art of the scribe from her living years, being able to craft scrolls and cards with which to enhance strength and power. As a result of this there are few herbs she is unaware of, whether for their healing properties, or harvestable pigment.

How does your character respond to authority?

She is willing to do as she is told, although the experience is unfamiliar to her. Amongst the sense of guilt she has after wandering alone for so long, is a need for company, and vengeance upon those who have no claim to the glory of Lordaeron.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

ii) The Forgotten Shadow is an entirely selfish belief system.

The Forgotten Shadow is an extension of the disillusionment faced when many former believers in the Light found that their years of dedication and service had in fact not shielded them before death. It can be suggested that in championing the cause of the Forgotten Shadow, they are merely lashing out at their former faith, in either an attempt at proving its failure, or an egocentric lust for power. I believe this is not the case. Like the belief in the Holy Light, it shares three virtues; two of these, Respect and Tenacity, being identically named. Their meaning is also very much similar. Respect is about restraint and control in your own sense of progress, so not destroying everything in your path just because you feel like it. You have to allow others the chance to help your development, so that they can themselves proceed, and teach you the skills that will eventually enable you to overcome things together. Tenacity is simply willpower, and much like the Light's version, is about dedication to the cause in the hope that doing so will change the world in your favour. Bearing in mind that the greater majority of the Forsaken serve the Banshee Queen, this objective can't simply be “every man for himself”. In the Light's version, this is an even greater liability because of the chance that you may not be thought of as faithful enough. Of course, one cannot avoid the Forgotten Shadow's third virtue, Power. I don't think this has as blunt a meaning as its name suggests. Whereas its counterpart in the Light is Compassion, I think for the Forsaken this bears a lot of the attributes of the Forgotten Shadow's Respect. Power on the other hand is about motivation in the face of undeath. It would be easy for a Forsaken, after regaining control of their own mind, to simply look at themselves and give up, or wallow in self pity. Rather than being power in the sense of domination, this is about power in the sense of empowerment, getting up and training yourself with what you have left to become something new, and equal if not better than before. In this way I feel that The Forgotten Shadow is not a selfish belief system, and is instead about a communal effort to come to terms with death, and work through it together, for the Forsaken victory.

Application- Llorian Cromwell Geriandsig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application- Llorian Cromwell   Application- Llorian Cromwell I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:36 am

As much, as I'd like to say "Whisper Manners straight away", I would love other officers reading it through first and give their opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Montague

Montague

Character
Name: Montague Manners Rude
Profession: Hunter
Level:
Application- Llorian Cromwell Left_bar_bleue85/85Application- Llorian Cromwell Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application- Llorian Cromwell   Application- Llorian Cromwell I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 am

I have been looking through it, and you seem to have justified yourself for being in Bloodwyrm.

You're accepted by me, welcome to the good Forsaken side. cheers
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application- Llorian Cromwell   Application- Llorian Cromwell I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 am

This is above standard! Absolutely astounding, flawless to the dot, every part is right. Consider yourself accepted! Speak to Manners, Isaelle or Cage in-game to get an IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application- Llorian Cromwell   Application- Llorian Cromwell I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application- Llorian Cromwell
Page 1 of 1