The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application- Marcus Tullius Ciceró

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ciceró

Application- Marcus Tullius Ciceró Empty
PostSubject: Application- Marcus Tullius Ciceró   Application- Marcus Tullius Ciceró I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:17 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
A year and a half.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
Very, English is my first language, although I am not the best at spelling.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.
Not much I am afraid, the first time I started to roleplay was with Ciceró, where I randomly picked the Sha’tar. I joined the Apothecarium and had a lot of fun, and get a good taste for roleplay, however when the “Holiday” was announced and the RP came to a end, I was disappointed and stopped roleplaying.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.
My main character is Vangore, a level 80 undead mage on hellscream. I don’t roleplay at all on van, however I am in the guild Stinki Monki finger, which is a top PVE guild on the server. I also do a little PVP, but I haven’t managed to break 1800 rating yet. /sad panda

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
My sense of humour and friendly personality. I’d do my best to help in any way I can.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
As mentioned above, I am in strong pve guild on my main, so I will be raiding at least 3 nights a week, probably more.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
Having fun and creating some great and memorable RP.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
As mentioned above, I joined the Apothecarium on Ciceró and that was where I got my taste of RP, and I loved it. I want to join the spine because there is some familiar faces.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Marcus Tullius Ciceró
Title (if applicable):
Current Occupation: Alchemist

Age: (For Humans this should be easy. If you are an Elf please remember that you were born a High Elf and you realistically cannot have been born less than 100 years ago. Exceptions will be made to well presented backstories however)
25 when I was consumed by the plague, and it was been 7 years since I received undeath.

Race:
-Undead Human

Level: 35 at the point of writing this application.

In-game Class & Spec': Affliction Warlock
IC Class: Necromancer

Hair Colour: Blue
Eye Colour: Red
Height: 5ft 8”

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
I believe Ciceró would be best suited in The Royal Apothecary Society, as he is an alchemist and a necromancer, and as such he relishes in creating batches of slow death.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Ciceró views the horde with contempt, but understands the necessity of it. But that doesn’t mean he has to like it. He looks down on other races of the Horde, as they look down on him. He feels the other races of the Horde can never truly understand him or the Forsaken.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
He doesn’t feel the loss of life as anything of concern, and is delighted by the effect of the poison. But at the same time is infuriated by the treachery of Putress. The incident at the Wrathgate hurt his pride more than anything else.

Family:
Atticus Ciceró – Farmer, struck down by the plague and failed to get up.
Terentia Ciceró- Housewife, also killed by the plague.

Character History:
Marcus Ciceró was the one and only child of Atticus Ciceró and Terentia Ciceró. His father was a farmer in Lordaeron and made a living from it. From a young age Marcus was required to help his dad on the farm. However, the family also made some extra money from alchemy, making potions to mend wounds for whoever needed them. This is where Marcus got his love for alchemy from. Marcus learned the way of the alchemist from his father. On Marcus’ 18th birthday Atticus took him aside and swore him to secrecy of what he was about to tell him. The Ciceró clan was a long line of necromancers. Atticus presented to Marcus a ancient, flesh bound book, filled with the knowledge of his ancestors. Ciceró was ashamed his family were necromancers and suppressed the thought. When the plague came and struck him and his family down everything changed. When he was given unlife, and after he broke from the grip of the Lich King, Marcus ventured to his old house, surprised to see it virtually intact. He searched for the ancient book and from then on took on the ways of the necromancer.

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Is there anywhere else for him to go? Ciceró is fanatical about the Forsaken, a true patriot. He thinks The Spine would suit him perfectly, being able to help the Forsaken in any way possible is his goal.
What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

How does your character respond to authority? Differently, depending on whom it is coming from. He respects all members of the Forsaken, and will happily do anything for a higher ranking member of the Forsaken. He *hates* being ordered around by other members of the Horde, but he does it the best he can, through gritted teeth. If he has to do something he will do it well, not wanting bad workmanship to reflect onto the Forsaken.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
It depends on what your view of “good” is. I believe the Forsaken are hardy, determined and strong. I don’t believe the Forsaken are “good” or “evil” they are simply trying to survive. Of course they don’t trust other races, and most Forsaken view them with contempt, this is because the Forsaken are themselves looked down upon, besieged with prejudice. No other race can truly say they trust or even like the Forsaken, so the Forsaken have learned to survive and prosper without others. Of course there are some twisted Forsaken (Ciceró, as one), but they are also twisted Orcs, Trolls, even Taurens. The Forsaken are understandably a bit bitter about being dead, but they have dealt with it, on the most part. The Forsaken are essentially no different than any other race, they may have different beliefs, but they aren’t all evil, or all good, like every other race.

((I tried to get the G.R.E.A.T stamp of approval onto my app, but i have absolutely no idea how to do it....))

☻/ ((its sorta the same, best i could do Razz))
/▌
/ \
Back to top Go down

Application- Marcus Tullius Ciceró
Page 1 of 1