The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle: Northrend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Battle: Northrend Left_bar_bleue85/85Battle: Northrend Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Battle: Northrend Empty
PostSubject: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:46 am

BATTLE: NORTHREND

The last moment of pestilence is upon us!
With the Festerjaws on the move, it is time to strike at the heart of all this dispute - something that we have attempted before, but which he underestimated. This time, we will not fail, we will succeed, and all opposition will be crushed!

We will travel via boat from Silverpine on the 17th to the Icy Shores of Dragonblight, where we shall first reclaim Venomspite from the infidels that drove us out last. After this, we will plan and plot, and eventualyl execute, the utter annihilation of the forces within New Heartglen.

Only when the last essence of life - undead and living alike - has been snuffed between our rotting claws we will leave, and only then we can proudly proclaim with utmost vigor:

We are Forsaken! We will slaughter ANYONE that stand in our way!

This poster, written in dried blood, hangs proudly on the entrance to the Brill Magistrate.

Wtf is this?
This is epicness incarnate - this is the LAST installment of the Battle: Series - the one that we failed to accomplish back in November due to several IRL issues on my side. But this time, we're back, and better than ever!

WHAT:
The project of choices. I have integrated a 'unique' (or so I believe) concept into the event by giving you, the participants, total freedom to do (almost) everything you want to do. So do you think out outpost could be improved? Do it. Want to capture a scout? Do it. You do not need to ask me for permission, unless it is something that could have a large effect, in which case I'd like you to verify it with me. But apart from that - the choice is entirely yours! I will add events to the calendar as we go along, in response to what happens both during and outside of events (yes, I -am- encouraging you to RP without leadership *gasp*), so the events will purely be consequences of what you've combined and integrated into the storyline. So essentially, this project has a part of everyone in it - not just me, the organiser.
Now, there are a few difficulties, of course. The most obvious one is - how do you know stuff?
That is the issue, as you'll either have to look at what I put in the post below, or ask me. By all means, don't be afraid to ask, at all, so throw all your questions at me.
Secondly, you may be wondering what the limit is - it's hard to explain, but everything which could threaten the success of the event - i.e., you decide to go amok in the fortress, build a bomb and commit suicide. Something like that, I will discourage, because I'd rather have us doing the biggest stuff together as a group - also so that I can verify it with the facts of the fortress.
Thirdly, you may be wondering you can do events, or stuff together with other people - of course! I endorse events made by the community, so fill the calendar up, get together and RP, and do some fun stuff! Very Happy
Anything else, do ask me. PLEASE.

WHO:
You. The Spine.

WHERE:
Northrend - Dragonblight. Venomspite to be precise, but it will vary from where we go. So, keep an eye out on the thread below, as it will be updated frequently.

And that is it! I sincerely hope that you enjoy, and be critical of me! Point any inconsistencies, anythign that doesn't make sense, any f-ups. You know. Be harsh.

Not too harsh, please. =(
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:40 am

Where we currently are:
  • Venomspite, Dragonblight.

What our current status is:
  • We have secured Venomspite from the Festerjaw, and we are currently 'upgrading it' to something more defensible. The enemies are still not aware of our presence, so it is strongly encouraged to be silent and subtle - don't light fires, no yelling, no construction sounds. Silence.
  • The entrances to Venomspite have been secured - the eastern one is completely blocked off with spiked barricades, and the western has been reduced in size and made my favorable from our position.
  • The enemy has made the first strike - expect more of those sooner or later.
  • The Forgotten Shore remains a powerful position. It is adviced that the area is either bombed, or avoided.
  • We have reliable information on our enemy.

Who is currently there:
  • Marwonaeth
  • Chloe
  • Sinquija
  • Teorius
  • Josephus
  • Rathen
  • Leoven
  • Torge
  • Tombertil
  • Stegor
  • Emma Ravenshade
  • Approx. 44 Deathguards
  • 5 Forsaken Snipers
  • 1 Forsaken Shieldbreaker
  • 1 Blight Spreader

What tasks have been issued thus far:
  • The eastern exit to Venomspite has to sealed off completely.
  • The western exit has to be bottlenecked - Sinquija has the details of this.
  • (for Apothecaries mainly)50 bodies have been gathered, all of Festerjaw origin - they must be split apart for reserve limbs, salvaged, and any liquids must collected.
  • (for Deathstalkers mainly)The woods must be kept under constant watch, and we need intelligence on our foes.
  • Plans have to be made for attacking New Hearthglen. A plan has been drafted.
  • We need materials - all sorts.
  • 'Death Zones' must be investigated.
  • The 'liberated' prisoner must be questioned (the one found in laughing stocks).
  • Professor Nightdragon must be saved.

What we know thus far:
  • We are severely outnumbered and outmanned.
  • The Festerjaw have been collaborating with the Scarlet foes that attacked Andorhal a year ago.
  • It is very likely that our location is known to the enemy - expect an assault soon. The Scarlets know of our position.
  • The Festerjaw are gathered in the ruins around the necropolis known as Naxxramas.
  • Scarlet forces exist around Naxxramas, but are mostly contented with beating back the lingering Scourge forces.
  • The Festerjaw/Scarlet collaboration have created Lightbeasts to bring us to an end. That threat has been dealt with, and any remaining lightbeasts are likely to die soon.
  • Professor Nightdragon is captive of the enemy.

This thread will be updated constantly, so check back frequently! (I'll add a reply to say that is has, just to be sure)

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:15 am

Upon Professor Black's orders. Sinquija and Rathen lead the Deathguard in construction of fortifications around Venomspite.

The Western Exit has been bottlenecked. Though, posts for ranged weapons are yet to be constructed because of the lack of raw-materials.

[img]Battle: Northrend Wowscr11[/img]

The Eastern exit has been completely sealed off and Deathguard have been stationed to keep vigil.

[img]Battle: Northrend Wowscr13[/img]

Further more, all Deathguard have been instructed to hang up as much propaganda as possible on the outside of the barricades. "By thy colour, shall he know thee."

Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 am

Executor Cidé, Defiler Rathen and Father Graveholdt lead an expedition into the frozen wastes with 5 other Deathguard to find an MIA Defiler.

A Gargoyle attacked the group at Vengeance Pass, killing the 5 Deathguard. Executor Cidé and Rathen were able to dispatch the beast with the help of Shadow-Marshall LaFluer, how had come out of nowhere. Graveholdt had ran and was captured.

Later, a lone Cidé and Rathen took on the scourge in an attempt to rescue Graveholdt and the missing Deathguard. It was soon discovered that Graveholdt's abductor was in fact the MIA Deathguard who had turned to the Festerjaw. Graveholdt was rescued but the Deathguard was not apprehended. The mission was a failure and a waste of manpower that, as Rathen said, were wasted "for a coward and a traitor".

Cidé took the failure to heart and expects Black to be more than angry.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 am

Information gained from Nightdragon's questions to the captive:

- The Festerjaw are gathered in the ruins around the necropolis known as Naxxramas.
- Scarlet forces exist around Naxxramas, but are mostly contented with beating back the lingering Scourge forces.

Defiler Tombertil assigned for further questioning.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

(Thread updated with latest info' plus extras.)
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:38 am

Executor Cidé and Professor Nightdragon traveled to the shore near Venomspite.

They found Scarlett ships that were just landing. The Scarletts also set up a camp near the shore. The information garnered from the Inquisitor was false and The Spine must prepare for a counterattack.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 pm

After being gone for some time, Josephus returns with information he heard and has seen whilst spying on the Scarlets.

They have taken the local wildlife to experiment on them, it might be one of the reasons why Scarlets work with the Festerjaw in the first place.
They require their knowledge of alchemy and genetics to alter the wildlife to become new weapons against the Forsaken.

With their combined knowledge they have managed to alter the beasts into what I believe they called Lightbeasts.
The animals become twisted into new forms to hold their new light based abilities, some beyond recognition.
I've seen with my own eyes how a local forest owl turned into a flying ball of holy light, able to explode upon impact.

All the creatures I've seen thus far seem extremely feeble, possibly a fail safe pre-imagined by the Festerjaw in case the Scarlets decide to use the beasts on them instead.
But whilst the creatures live they become living beings of light and are thus a powerfull weapon against our kind.

By watching the captive beasts and their work thus far it seems like they will try this mutation on bigger and more intelligent beings.
I believe that they might be building up to altering the Magnataur or even their own soldiers.

They must be stopped before it gets that far.

I will lead a stealth assault into their base where we will sabotage their work.

The time and date are to be disclosed soon.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:21 am

Their equipment to create more Lightbeasts has been taken care off.
It was shown that they were ready to work on greater Lightbeasts such as Magnataur though.

Remaining Lightbeasts may or may not still be around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 am

" Research report,
Directed to: Nathan Black.
Attached: research notes, prior to Twenty-Sixth of the Fourth Month

1 AM
The quick inspection of most vital organs of the defeated Light-infused magnataur showed high damage caused by the experiments. While the beast was infused with illuminating Light, I can safely assume, that eventually it would die from internal damage and the overwhelming power stored within the flesh.

1:30 AM
The overload of Light in the beast is significant and seems to have damaged it's senses - even though one eye suffered the damage of corrosive poison from my attack, other one was possible to research and it appeared to be blinded.

3:12 AM
I collected the remnants of the owls, that have been attacking us before the magnataur's appearance. Judging by the damage of the various flesh parts, they have been overloaded to the exploding point. I am not sure, if it was done on defensive purpose by Festerjaw, or it is a flaw in the design. Nonetheless, I can not draw any more conclusions regarding either of the beasts.

4 AM
My assumption is, that any remaining Lightbeasts, if any, might die out, if not used purposefully and given a certain amount of time - day-two, perhaps.

The body of the magnataur is ordered for dismembering.

End of report,
C. Nightdragon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:04 am

The Scarlet forces on the Forgotten Shore have been slightly crippled, but set on high level of look out, mobilizing more patrols and heavier guard force.

Professor Nightdragon remains captive and High Priestess Elereth is still alive.

Emma Ravenshade, sent to oversee the situation by the High Command, brought reinforcements - five snipers, one shieldbreaker and ten Dreadguards. She herself remains in field, gathering intelligence, out of knowledge for Black.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:29 am

(Thread updated with recent information.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:43 pm

The five snipers have been killed in the yesterday's attacks.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:08 am

The following map has been liberated from a scout camp during yesterday's assault.
Battle: Northrend Dragon11
A key was given with it - Blue represent "concentration of troops" - nothing else is known.
Red has been added by us, based on scout records - they indicate where the enemy is present.
Green was found on the map as well, detailed only as 'death zone' - what this means, nothing is known.
Dark red dots and annotations indicated enemy ships.

Thread has also been updated with latest information.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:22 am

A new poster hangs on the entrance to the Brill Magistrate.

THE QUEEN TRIUMPHS

The will of the Lady have successfully reestablished in Venomspite from the work of our most experienced warriors. The Festerjaw infestation and the Scarlet vermin have been wiped cleanly off the soil of Azeroth, and our operations in Northrend can begin anew. All rebellion has been quelled, and it shall stay that way unless one wishes to face the Iron Will at her strongest.

Glory to Sylvanas, victory for the Forsaken!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Northrend   Battle: Northrend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle: Northrend
Page 1 of 1