The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION

Go down 

For how long would you prefer this project to last?
One week
Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_vote_lcap67%Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Two weeks
Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_vote_lcap33%Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION Left_bar_bleue85/85Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION Empty
PostSubject: Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION   Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:29 am

Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION 93396-11

INVASION

In March, we suffered the greatest material losses since the invasion of Gilneas, from an unpredictable and unrivaled force of Scarlets and Vrykul. They brutally shattered our stronghold in Andorhal, and quelled any lights of ever reclaiming it again. We had lost the battle, but the war had just begun.
Needles to say, we took it back with the greatest of skill ever displayed by the Spine on its own, but we could not withstand the onslaught they soon threw against us. Wave after wave of eight-feet-tall barbarians were too much for even the Spine, and we were forced into a tactical retreat - momentarily.

A month later, we returned, and we beat what little sense they had left in their mashed heads with such ferocity that we made them reconsider before striking back. However, we all know that the Scarlets are not known for giving up, and they struck back at us with such might that we feared that we had lost again. But the resolution of the undead is not easily swayed, and we won the battle and we forced them back into their light-ridden hollows in Northrend.

That is our target, brothers and sisters.
We have suffered too much to leave them unpunished, and the time of vindication is upon us!
We will take the fight back to their quivering homes, and we will slaughter every single Scarlet!
Our objective is New Hearthglen, and our destination is Venomspite.
Join me, your Royal Professor, and let us bring the poisonous justice back to our sworn enemy!

Greetings, fellow Spinians, and welcome to the third and last chapter of the Battle: Andorhal!
This event will center around the Scarlets and their demise in Northrend, how we will gloriously beat them to a pulp and then bask in victory! I assure you, it will be fantastic, and if we're lucky, the project will finish in the same awesomeness, like my previous two!

Drama aside, this will be a one week/two week long event, depending on your choice, and it will take in the horrible wastes of Northrend. Do not be put off by this: we all hate Northrend, I am sure, but take this from an RP perspective: Northrend is a fantastic site, for IC reasons. So, rest assured, it will be good!
Now, I am using a very important concept in this event, which I've used in the past two projects:

Free choice! You are absolutely free to do as you please during these events, PROVIDED that it doesn't wreck it for the rest of us. For example: We have found a neat little cave to hide in, and you think it would be pretty cool to camouflage it in leaves and snow. Normally, you would only suggest it the event leader, but not this time! This time, you'd actually do it - your character could make ask someone to help collect the materials, and to set up the net of leaves, but the cool thing remains - you wanted to do something, and you did it. Best of all, I will actually recommend (*cough*force*cough*) you to do it, because EVERYTHING is shaped by what YOU do.
Naturally, there are some challenges with this, and I will list them for you:
  • How do we know how, where and what things are?
  • What if I do something wrong?
  • Is possible to fail?
  • Can I pull out my lasercannon and kill everyone?

Answers:
  • That is the main thing, because some of the time, I will not be there. However, once IC recon has been done, I will upload a map to this thread with all points of interest neatly outlined, and pointed to where they are. So, fear not! You will be helped to the best of the officers ability. If some minor detail insn't on the map, then improvise - add the feature yourself, but PLEASE tell either me, or another officer, just to avoid confusion.
  • If you do something wrong, well, you're out of the guild and I will have you ban don't worry! It is human nature to make errors, and should you mix something up, it is always reversible. It's not like that, say, you mistook some location for another, and you did some scouting here, it isn't easy to just rectify that little detail. Of course, if it's a major thing, it's different... I'll explain that in the next answer.
  • Yes it is! If you're failing in an IC sense, that is, your character did a mishap, that mishap will remain! Or, if you're failing in terms of rolls, that's how it'll happen. I will take notes continuously throughout the event, and everything will shape the next event. So if we fail to destroy something, it won't magically disappear - it will actually work against us, and lead to something new. EVERYTHING is progressively updated. If you want, compare it to the choice-system in Dragon Age, or Mass Effect, just more text-based and more customizable in a sense. So it's something to look forward to.
  • No. I beg you, PLEASE do not do something that you KNOW is overpowered, or any other attempt to 'troll' this event. I don't expect you to, but a lot of effort has been put behind this, and *puts on old-fashioned glasses and grows wrinkles* you will be punished.

Now, you may be thinking: "Hey Marw, what's your role in this?"
Apart from keeping track of whatever you're doing and making appropriate events? Nothing!
Think of me as the dungeon master of a D&D game - I am here to provide you with info', help and 'situations': i.e., what happens next but... That's it!
I'm putting my faith in your ability to think as a human being, make choices, and come up with abstract decisions. Don't be put off by this sudden wielding of power - I am here to help, after all, and I will not frown at you for presenting questions or pondering.

And that is all for now, my friends. If you have any immediate questions, and if I am not online, ask here, and I will answer them asap. Apart from that, take a rest, prepare your character for the upcoming epicness, and have fun!

Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:
Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION Left_bar_bleue85/85Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION   Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Summary of the "Backstabbing" event:
  • The Spine had decided to take a boat rather than a zeppelin.

However, when they arrived at the port, they found that left-over worgen renegades had taken over both the ship and shore, and they were in the middle of burning down our prized vessel as we interrupted them.
Moderate damage was dealt, but it was not enough to halt us.
Teorius took the wheel and steered it skillfully, Anthraxius helped him out with navigating, Hadven took control of the sails single-handedly with the help of magic, Dresta and her Deathguard handled the cannons, Jarasi and Lomaney acted as lookouts and Darinn and Torge did various, miscellaneous tasks around the deck.

When the ship had reached open sea, a storm fell upon us, whose origin was not determined until a (presumably) kraken had surfaced and assailed the ship. All of the crew survived as a strife of luck, although severe damage had been caused the sails and the main mast had been torn off, plus a fifth of the cargo had gone overboard.

Now, the ship is headed towards the icy wastes of Northrend, and is expected to reach the shores by Tuesday evening.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION   Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:27 am

Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION Dragon10

Use this map to help you! The red lines indicate supply routes - caravans and mission runners.
These are the basic facts - I'll add more as time progresses and success/failure is made. As always, do as you please, do not feel restricted at all.

I will add a picture of Hearthglen on Satuday, which will be used on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION   Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle: Andorhal Part III - INVASION
Page 1 of 1