The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle: Andorhal!

Go down 
2 posters

What do you think of Battle: Andorhal?
It was brilliant! More, please!
Battle: Andorhal! I_vote_lcap0%Battle: Andorhal! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It was 'alright'.
Battle: Andorhal! I_vote_lcap100%Battle: Andorhal! I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
It was mediocre. Could do with some improvement.
 0% [ 0 ]
Not what I had hoped for.
 0% [ 0 ]
I disliked it.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Battle: Andorhal! Left_bar_bleue85/85Battle: Andorhal! Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Battle: Andorhal! Empty
PostSubject: Battle: Andorhal!   Battle: Andorhal! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:36 am

Hello, fellow Spine members.
I bring you to you a guide on how to participate in the Andorhal project without wrecking it.
But first, a quick word from I:
This project is quite experimental, I am trying to find out what techniques in RP are useful, and which are total crap. You'll see what I mean towards the end of the project. I do hope that you enjoy it all to it's full extent, and if you have any questions, please do ask me in-game!

So, with that out of the way, let me explain to you what the heck this is all about...
It's about base expansion and having fun. It is a residual event, where the Spine has been temporarily moved to Andorhal due to a mysterious attack on the base, which killed everyone (we think!) and has left it in a state of ruin.
So we are here to make everything better and all, so yay! HOWEVER...
Will we succeed?

A few concepts!
We're surrounded by enemies - Alliance lurks at the southern end of the city, and they regularly patrol the streets, so watch out!
Once alarmed, hell breaks lose. They outnumber us by an unknown amount, but we know one thing - they're very many.
THIS MEANS THAT YOU CANNOT JUST BARGE INTO THE BASE AND ROFLPWN EVERYONE.
This also means that you should take caution as you get closer to the base - obviously, here the security will be tighter.
The base we reside in is at the verge of collapsing - walls are in poor shape, the only building safe to be in is the man building at the centre, which is our base of operations.
And finally!
This is expansive as hell. It ends on Friday with a big thing, but until then, do as you wish!
If you want to put up a palisade at one of the walls, do it. If you want to reinforce the house, do it. If you want to go hunting for equipment in the ruins, do it.
Plainly but, do what you want! This is entirely up to you, as long as you do not wreck it!

That's all, really.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you do anything, e.g. making a tiny camp somewhere, or finding some stuff, POST IT HERE! I'll list it so that people now!

FINALLY, it's heavily adviced that you do the quests there, because Blizzard has decided to be mean, and put a bit of phasing there. So do it! Very Happy

ENJOY!

UPDATES:

Night One: Nightdragon has harvested the souls of the fallen, and used them to place sentries at each entrance. Should a scout, or a spy enter the base, she will be alerted.
Teorius has set up a small, basic apothecarium in the basement of our 'fortress' - all alchemical work can be carried out here. However, we are short on reagents and equipment, so if you find some in the ruins, please bring it back!

Night two: A powerful lich was released in the old townhall, resulting in the Alliance forces believing that all of their lost soldiers were killed by the lich.
Night three: Lich has disappeared, explosions were heard to the south. Possibly him?

Night Three: Nothing significant happened, Teorius and Marwonaeth managed to get themselves spotted. Teorius launched Marwonaeth into the fortress, almost killing the professor. The Alliance troops were misguided by Darkcast's traps and 'troops'.

Night four: A huge battle broke out between the Alliance and a mysterious force. The foreign army were by far superior, wielding light-enchanted weaponry and strange cannons, similar to those of the Burning Legion, only golden and less demonic. The warriors themselves also had vrykul traits: tall, very muscular and they found obvious pleasure in killing - blood drove them into a rage.
Construction of palisades began later that night, and miss Nightdragon placed several shadow-traps at each entrance. She also posted numerous guardians of shadow.

Night five: We lost Andorhal.

Battle: Andorhal part one has now ended! I hope you all had a grand time, please leave your constructive criticism in replies! Smile

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Andorhal!   Battle: Andorhal! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 am

The first night Nightdragon collected the shadows off the fallen soldiers - one by one, draining wandering energy. She gave it a use the same night - placing Shadow Guards on the perimeter of the base, six of them in total, well hidden shades. If something or someone gets in range of these guards, the information will run through the web of the shadows, surrounding the area, to the priestess, alerting.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
Battle: Andorhal! Left_bar_bleue80/80Battle: Andorhal! Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Andorhal!   Battle: Andorhal! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:25 am

Under the first night High Professor Darkcast had a lab set up in the basement of the house used as base. Though this worth to point out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Andorhal!   Battle: Andorhal! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Priestess returned quite soon, after she left, following the scouts, who took Mar. Placed the Shard and cape in a safe place and started working : by the middle of morning the shadow traps were placed and the Guards were created on each of the entrances.
Triggered traps will spawn a swarm of lesser shadowfiends, attacking the legs and crawling they way up, as they feed on the intruders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle: Andorhal!   Battle: Andorhal! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle: Andorhal!
Page 1 of 1