The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
valhallaawaitsme

Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter Empty
PostSubject: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:28 pm

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I started playing World of Warcraft a few months before the launch of The Burning Crusade although I took a break from the game for a few years until recently.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I can be a bit of a grammar nazi when it comes to the English language.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

Played on The Sha'Tar since launch day.
Regularly play and GM tabletop RPGs including: WH40k RP, Marvel Universe, Exalted, Vampire: The Masquerade, SLA Industries, Dragon Warriors, Call of Cthulhu, Legend of the 5 Rings and Star Wars: Saga Edition.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I've dabbled in all aspects of the game. I'm an experience roleplayer, I can level at speed if I put my mind to it, prefer a damage role in Dungeons as I'm not very good at tanking, can hold my own in battlegrounds but I'm below average and I have hardly had time in the past to raid.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

My slightly madcap sense of humour and the fact that I am a veteran of the 4chan wars and therefore immune to trolls.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Unfortunately due to the fact I work within the hospitality industry I can only get online after 2300Realm, I am off work Mondays and Tuesdays and usually try and make up for my absences

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

My top priority would be to help contribute to the RP of both the Realm and the Guild as well as my characters own personal plots.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

Because the Spine is the primary guild for Forsaken RP and I believe my character can contribute to the guilds plots in a positive way.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Tuorfing Scourgeshatter

Title (if applicable): None held
Current Occupation: Unknown

Race: Gul'Danian Death Knight (spirit of an Orc warlock inhabiting the body of a human knight)

Level: 58 at time of application

In-game Class & Spec': Death Knight, Unholy
IC Class: Death Knight

Hair Colour: Black

Eye Colour: Ice Blue

Height: 6'

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
Unsure. While his martial prowess as a Death Knight would place him as a candidate for the Deathguard his Warlock and his desire to spread death and plague would place him in the RAS.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

He feels a kinship with the Forsaken that he has not felt since his return to life during the Second War. In the Forsaken he sees a glorious race of sentient dead as opposed to the mindless corpses of the Scourge. As he was an Orc in life he still has some feelings towards that species, though he is unsure of the actions of Thrall he can get behind Hellscreams warmongering. As for the other races, the sooner they are slain and among the ranks of the dead the better.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

It is not the Horde he once knew, but it is still A Horde

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.
None

Character History:

As an Orc Tuorfing was a member of the Shadow Council. When Orgrimm Doomhammer slew Blackhand he was killed with the rest of the Shadow Council.

The body he possesses once belonged to a Stormwind Knight, a member of Anduin Lothars guard, slain in the First War.

As a Death Knight he took part in several battle during the Second War. Most notably he was present when Doomhammer killed Lothar, although he remains tight lipped on the subject.

He fled to Draenor with Turon Gorefiend and the remaining Death Knights and found himself trapped there for over twenty years until the Dark Portal was reopened. Tuorfing watched as the forces of Azeroth poured through the Dark Portal into Draenor. Biding his time until the right moment he witnessed several undead creatures pass through unharmed and decided it was his time to return to Azeroth. Upon crossing he found the world to be a different place to what he remembered.

Tuorfing encountered the Scourge several times and, using his own necromantic powers, began a study of them. The results were disappointing, he could not control them by any means and they had no will of their own.

Later he began to encounter Undead who were not mindless creatures and decided to study them. He discovered that they called themselves the Forsaken and that the followed someone known as the Dark Lady who held sway over the ruins of Lordaeron.

He petitioned for an audience with the Dark Lady and made a gamble by revealing to her that he was a Death Knight of the Second War. Sylvanas made a deal with the Death Knight, Tuorfing would be allowed to conduct studies and experiments to his blackened hearts content and in exchange he would serve in the armies of the Undercity.

Now, since the Cataclysm, the Dark Lady has new needs for Tuorfing and has sent him to Brill in the hopes that he will be accepted by Her elite, the Spine.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

As a Death Knight of the Second War Tuorfing is able to bring martial and necromantic skill to the Spine as well as the forbidden lore of a warlock and historical knowledge of Draenor.

How does your character respond to authority?

Although he has a will of his own Doomhammers need for the Death Knights to be loyal meant that he has been conditioned to follow the orders of those who are higher in the chain of command than he is, though he does not have to like these orders.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

vi) With the Lich King dead, the Forsaken lack a purpose.
Although Arthas Menethil was slain the Lich King endures, as the spirit of King Terenas said "There must always be a Lich King". As such if the Lich King endures then, so too, will the Scourge.

However, even were the Lich King to be destroyed the Forsaken would still have a purpose. That purpose is acceptance. As a race of the undead the Forsaken fly in the face of the natural order of life, the Alliance races detest them and they are barely tolerated within the Horde. The Forsaken fight every day, not only with the Scourge and the Alliance but with prejudice and bigotry against their kind.

The Forsaken have also helped the Sin'Dorei a great deal, providing assistance with the rebuilding of their lands and with Sylvanus Windrunner endorsing their membership into the Horde.

And now, with open war again among the Alliance and the Horde, the Forsaken provide a valuable foothold for the Horde within Northern Azeroth and with the Forsaken making their push south the Horde should soon hold all of the northern continent.

In conclusion, with all the issues affecting the World of Warcraft the Forsaken serve a purpose by providing contributions to their allies as well as finding their own, personal, pupose in their quest to be accepted as something more than just rotting corpses that can speak.

Last edited by valhallaawaitsme on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 pm

*scratches head* The fact, that you decided to pick first-first-first Death Knights drives me to the negative opinion. It just seems very unlikely even for a NPC, what to say about a player character.

Also no, someone can call me elitist, but I clearly do not appreciate any character claiming the high lore character (Sylvanas it's also spelled right) considering mentioned character as "powerful weapon in the sleeve", so to say. A little bit of modesty gives character a charm, in my honest opinion - much more interesting to see the character rise to strength in progress.

So I say, I would reconsider my "no" statement, if something was changed. But, of course, any other officer can prove me wrong - I shall remain still until then and so shall you.
Back to top Go down
valhallaawaitsme

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Chloe wrote:
*scratches head* The fact, that you decided to pick first-first-first Death Knights drives me to the negative opinion. It just seems very unlikely even for a NPC, what to say about a player character.

Also no, someone can call me elitist, but I clearly do not appreciate any character claiming the high lore character (Sylvanas it's also spelled right) considering mentioned character as "powerful weapon in the sleeve", so to say. A little bit of modesty gives character a charm, in my honest opinion - much more interesting to see the character rise to strength in progress.

So I say, I would reconsider my "no" statement, if something was changed. But, of course, any other officer can prove me wrong - I shall remain still until then and so shall you.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback.
I chose the original Death Knights for this character as they're a part of the lore I have always enjoyed. I even went and checked up on whether they are still around and was surprisingly pleased to see they were.

As for the "powerful weapon" bit. Reading over it now that it's no longer 3am it does seem a bit "sue-ish" so I'm more than happy to change that to something along the lines of him being accepted into the Forsaken because he is one of the last of an older breed of undead and is, therefore, truly forsaken.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:45 am

Hello there, and thanks for posting an application on our forums!

In overall, I liked your app., and though I'm not too concerned over Turofing's 'knighthood', there are two things attributed to his character that bothers me:

One, his rather high rank in the Forsaken, as a 'valuable weapon' to Sylvanas seems a bit, like you said, 'Sue'-ish, and while I'm aware that it's perhaps just unfortunate wording, I think that it would be wise to reshape that part a tiny bit, just to put your character amongst the rest of us. Not that you're character isn't allowed to be powerful/special, but you know, not too much.

Two, I think the part where he gets back to Azeroth after escaping with Teron Gorefriend is a bit too vague - why would he leave?

Apart form that, I think it's very interesting to see something related to an almost forget part of the Warcraft lore, and I'd be more than happy to give you the stamp of approval if the aforementioned points are changed/rectified.

Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:51 am

Perhaps he left Outland with a band of Forsaken who he grew close to?
Back to top Go down
valhallaawaitsme

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:15 am

Edits:
-Removed mention of Tuorfing being a "powerful weapon"
-Gave a clearer explanation of his escape from Draenor.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Works fine for me I'll give you my yes, one small change, perhaps make it so he was of a group of Second War DK's pledged to the service of Sylvanas, rather than just him alone.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Excellent.

I give you my 'accepted stamp' as well - contact either me, Anthraxius or Chloe in-game for an interview!
Back to top Go down
valhallaawaitsme

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Anthraxius wrote:
Works fine for me I'll give you my yes, one small change, perhaps make it so he was of a group of Second War DK's pledged to the service of Sylvanas, rather than just him alone.

Yeah, that works for me, also leaves it open for other folk wanting to RP 2nd War Death Knights.

Also, unsure of when the best times to contact you guys are? I'm usually online after 2300 Realm Time or pretty much all day Monday/Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 pm

I'll be on most of the day Monday and Tuesday as well, I'll handle it then, unless one of the others gets you today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter   Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Tuorfing Scourgeshatter
Page 1 of 1