The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Ryanth Pleasant

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryanth

Application - Ryanth Pleasant Empty
PostSubject: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:28 am

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I have been playing World of Warcraft since, roughly, the beginning of The Burning Crusade. So around five or so years.
How confident would you say you are with the English language?
I would say I am very confident with the English language. It is my first language, although I do suffer from mild dyslexia.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.

Most of my roleplaying experience comes from WoW. I started around a month or two after I joined during The Burning Crusade, researching the lore of the game and trying to generally improve my roleplaying abilities. Although I admit it is abit rusty after a five, or so, month break.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

In terms of roleplaying, I was part of The Scarlet Enclave and then later The Scarlet Sigil for quite awhile, then later I joined the Vanguard of Vigilance before taking a break from WoW. I am not too interested in PvP, although I enjoy dipping into a number of different battlegrounds. My favourite battlegrounds were Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients, as I enjoy the large, open, attacking the keep and defending sort of battles. PvE-wise I progressed through to The Lich King in 10 man Icecrown Citadel with Vanguard of Vigilance, on my Dwarf Paladin. I prefer organised events, although I do very much enjoy spontaneous, random roleplaying.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I would bring a witty, if slightly odd, humour and a warm and friendly attitude.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

If I were to join the guild, I would be online as often as I could, as long as real life did not get in the way of things.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

My top priority would be to make sure to attend any events and generally be online and engaging with the guild.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

I wish to join The Spine because I have always had a deep love for Forsaken roleplaying and the lore around them, and to join a group of friendly people who are interested in it as much as I am.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Ryanth "Skulduggery" Pleasant

Title (if applicable): Apothecary
Current Occupation: Apothecary in the Royal Apothecary Society

Age: Nineteen when alive, reanimated soon after being killed.

Race: Undead Human.
-Undead Human
-Undead Elf

Level: 26

In-game Class & Spec': Warlock, Demonology
IC Class: Apothecary

Hair Colour: Black

Eye Colour: Sea green

Height: 5'9"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
My character would fit best in the Royal Apothecary Society, because he has neither the skill nor strength for the Deathguard and Deathstalkers, and prefers to work with alchemical creations, furthering the cause of the Forsaken, and experimenting with the Plague

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

He feels the Forsaken are not being appreciated as much as they should, and that they deserve more respect for the work they have done. He generally acts with respect towards the other races of the Horde, unless one of them insults the Forsaken or Her Highness, Lady Sylvanas
How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
He feels that the Forsaken should not be blamed for what happened at Angrathar, as they could not have known what Putress had been planning.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

Currently, he feels the Horde is in a bit of a state. He believes Garrosh is an unworthy warchief and should be removed, although he keeps such thoughts to himself.

Family:
- Please only explore immediate family.

His father was an alchemist and scholar who was slaughtered during the Fall of Lordaeron, mother died years before due to an illness, his sister was raised into Undeath with him, although she remained with the Scourge.

Character History:

Ryanth was born in a small house near the city of Lordaeron, where he lived with his mother, father and sister. His father was an alchemist and scholar, so Ryanth devoted his life to follow in his father's footsteps. From an early age, his father taught him the art of alchemy, how to properly prepare potions, how to make the most out of any herb and flower, and a darker side to alchemy, poisons and various other possibly death-inducing substances. He had a remarkbly dull life, mostly just improving his skills in alchemy. At the age of nineteen, Ryanth was killed when Prince Arthas ravaged his homeland, and was risen as an Undead soon after death. Ever since breaking free from the Lich King's control, he has devoted his unlife to furthering the power of the Forsaken, experimenting with the Plague and finding new ways of causing mass genocide.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

My character would bring his alchemical knowledge and unwavering faith in the Forsaken cause to the Spine, devoting his unlife to it.

How does your character respond to authority?

My character will respond respectfully to authority and obey orders, as long as they are within reason.
TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument; it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

iii) Relations between the Horde and the Forsaken are improving.

With recent developments, I believe relations between the Horde and Forsaken are weakening, rather than improving. The Horde believes the Forsaken are not to be trusted, due to recent circumstances, e.g. Angrathar, the Wrath Gate. With Garrosh as the Horde's Warchief, surveilance on the Forsaken has increased, and the rest of the Horde believe that the Forsaken will stop at nothing to further their own goals, rather than the Horde as a whole. As bull-headed as Garrosh is, he knows Sylvanas and the Forsaken are up to something. The Horde in general seems to have lost trust in the Forsaken, so that is, in my opinion, why rather than relations improving between the Horde and Forsaken, I believe they are weakening.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:34 am

Seems fine to me. Another yes from any other officer, and feel free to whisper following people for your IC interview:

Marwonaeth, Manners, Anthraxius/Arturon, Isaelle/Cherize.
Back to top Go down
Montague

Montague

Character
Name: Montague Manners Rude
Profession: Hunter
Level:
Application - Ryanth Pleasant Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Ryanth Pleasant Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 am

I'll give you a vote yes too, you seemed like a pleasant person!
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Application - Ryanth Pleasant Left_bar_bleue85/85Application - Ryanth Pleasant Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:44 am

Hi there, and thanks for leaving an application on our forums!
I'm going to give you an "accepted" to your application, however there are two things I'd like to point out, which could have jeopardized your position.

• First of all, there is a slight lack of text/information in general - the character background is rather short, and the test of ability is just past the benchmark for unnacceptably short. Just something to notice.

• Secondly, the name of your character bears striking resemblance to the series of books called "Skulduggery Pleasant". Not sure if that's a bad or a good thing, since I can't really say your character appears similar as that in the books. Just thought I'd point it out.

Don't worry though, since I'm giving you the second yes, you've passed the application stage - contact me, Isaelle, Cherize, Anthraxius, Arturon or Manners.

Hope to see you in the near future!

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryanth

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 am

Thank you for accepting my application, and I apologize for the shortness of the answers. Simply could not think of anything else to put in. Regarding the name, I know it resembles Skulduggery's. I simply chose it because I rather like the name and the books, and I've been wanting to use it with a character, not because he is based off of Skul'.
Back to top Go down
Dresta

Dresta

Character
Name: Executor Thornton
Profession: Warrior
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:06 am

Chemists, chemists, chemists. I'm going to have to start conscripting unwitting players into the Deathguard if this trend keeps up.
Back to top Go down
Anthraxius

Anthraxius

Location : Can you see me? No? then you may be seconds from death

Character
Name: Anthraxius
Profession: Warrior
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:31 am

^Make it so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Ryanth Pleasant   Application - Ryanth Pleasant I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Ryanth Pleasant
Page 1 of 1