The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application: Hedrick of Stratholme

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hedrick

Application: Hedrick of Stratholme Empty
PostSubject: Application: Hedrick of Stratholme   Application: Hedrick of Stratholme I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:32 am

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

Since the beginning so... five years?

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

Very! I'm slightly dyslexic so I may make spelling mistakes from time to time, but my grammar is often of high quality and I'm often mistaken as middle class, my footman says so at least.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I've mainly role played Alliance side for about three years now. I have however, from time to time, dirtied my hands with some Horde role play. I've also tried forum role play but it’s a bit slow for my taste.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I've been with Warcraft since Warcraft 3. I've played through Vanilla, The Burning Crusade, Wrath and even into Cata!

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I'd first of all bring a sense of dread as "Hedrick has logged on" appears. In time you would come to fear me and my random nature. In all seriousness though, I'd try to bring my easy going (I hate describing myself as that. Whenever I see anyone describe themselves as easy going I think "Prat".) Nature yet mature, when I need to, views.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

My play time varies. In the next few weeks I shall be on holiday from work, so will have ample time to supply you. When I return to work I'll mostly play in mornings and evenings, depending on how many hours I have that week. I'd try to make any/all events that I could however.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

Would depend on the hour and company. If it’s the crack of dawn I'd likely focus on questing or farming or the likes. If it’s later in the day and there are a few people around, I might see if I could rustle up some role play or a dungeon run.

If we were feeling lazy, I'd try to lighten the mood with tales of my heroic deeds. Like the time I saved a fish from drowning.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

The Spine looks to be a much focused guild with a realistic view point. Too many guilds have vague purposes based on a 'Thrallian/Go'elian' view of the Horde and seem to take their role play their own way. The Spine seems to focus more on what the Forsaken are actually like. It’s refreshing and something I am interested in.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Hedrick

Title (if applicable): 'Of Stratholme'
Current Occupation: Mercenary

Race: Undead Human

Level: 31

In-game Class & Spec': Rogue. Subtlety.
IC Class: Deathstalker

Hair Colour: Teal.
Eye Colour: Bright yellow.
Height: 5 foot 7

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

Deathstalkers would likely be my choice. I enjoy role play with a more subtle, sometimes, sinister edge. Basic soldier work is fine and I can do it, but I like the idea of a little sneaking around, eavesdropping and other stealth based debauchery.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

On the matter of the Forsaken, Hedrick sees them as a very... new people. While in his old life he fought them as enemies, in Undead he sees the strength and determination they have to survive. Respecting such a way of life, he believes the Forsaken are as good a people as any to be apart of.

Hedrick is a fairly new addition to the Forsaken. As such his views on most Horde races are still very much in the process of forming. Having been formally of the Alliance he did have a fairly negative view on them, but, having seen them from the inside, his view has changed.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

Hedrick knew little of the Wrath gate incident, save that the Forsaken apparently attacked the Alliance. He cared little for the event in life and less so in death, I'll explain more later in the application.

How does your character feel about the current state of the Horde?

Hedrick has not been a part of the Horde for long, but can't help but see it as weak. While individually the people of the Horde are strong and their goals well in hand, as an alliance of races he does not believe there is genuine loyalty between most factions. He is however, largely uninterested in politics, his mind focused more on the immediate visible foes that stand against the Forsaken.

Family:

Hedrick's parents are both dead. Minor nobles now buried in or around Stormwind. His only other family member is his brother, Samuel, who has taken up control of the family assets.

Character History:

Hedrick, formally of house Torovand, was born in Stormwind, the first and favoured son of his house. Tutored from an early age and put on the path to take over the house after the death of his parents, minor nobles who controlled several acres of farm land, he grow to loathe his position. Hedrick had no real desire for wealth or power, simply enjoying the little things in life, like women and wine.

Much of his younger years were spent sneaking to inns or brothels with friends rather than learning the best methods of running a business. Eventually he took up fist fighting in underground tavern rings, though was notably poor at it. His long suffering parents eventually disowned him, trying to send him off to the church to become a monk or priest, but due to his habit of... 'tainting' the young Priestesses, he was turned away. Later they tried to send him off to the army, but they had no interest in a drunk.

Hearing of such events, an SI:7 officer eventually approached the family with an offer to make use of Hedrick. He spent a few years afterwards simply being eyes and ears for the SI:7. Drunk nobles and pillow talk were his weapons, feeding valuable information back to his 'handler'. Despite still leading a sordid life of depravity, he felt proud in his work.

When his father eventually passed away, Hedrick attempted to claim his birthright as leader of the house, mostly for the wealth and position, but was denied such a claim by his mother. She told him that until he became a respectable member of society he could enjoy only a small stipend.

Turning to his handler, he attempted to gain access to SI:7's training programs and slowly worked his way into a position of moderate respect within the 'order'. Working primarily as an assassin, he spent little time in Stormwind, often betraying his intent. As such, he took on a false title. Declaring himself "Hedrick of Stratholme" and even going as far to learn the accent to blend in.

By the time he returned to his family home, his mother too had passed on and his younger brother, the wise and jealous second child of the family, had stepped in. Legally Hedrick claimed his birthright, taking over the house, much to the scorn of his brother. Desiring the house and the removal of Hedrick, Samuel launched a daring assault from the shadows against Hedrick. He managed to gather a great deal of falsified evidence and witnesses, pinning a number of crimes against the Alliance on Hedrick.

Hedrick was quickly executed without trial, thanks to Samuel. Due to an error, thanks to his unusual title, Hedrick's body was sent to Stratholme for burial, shortly before it fell. It was years later however, that his corpse was unearthed and sent, along with so many, to Deathknell to be raised by the Val'kyr as one of the Forsaken. He now finds himself somewhat lost in undeath, unsure whether to take his revenge or simply serve the Dark Lady.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

Hedrick could provide his skills in removing targets without being seen or suspected. His SI:7 training, though not complete, offers him a wide variety of stealthy skills. His abilities do not lie only in killing however; he prides himself on gathering of information from a variety of sources while avoiding detection.

How does your character respond to authority?

Hedrick once shunned authority, his own 'pride' acting against those that worked above him. In death, such feelings have waned and Hedrick finds himself much better suited to deal with being lead.

TEST OF ABILITY

Q: The Forsaken are evil, there are no good Forsaken.
A: The Forsaken are an interesting people, to say the least. At first many viewed them as unfortunate victims of the Scourge, merely trying to make the best of undeath. Their actions were often viewed as attempts to strike back at the Lich King and secure their place in Lordaeron, combating humans who had no real claim, in their eyes, to their home land. They were seen as a race of schemers and angry beings.
Of course in more recent years, the somewhat, esoteric nature of the Forsaken has been revealed. They are/were not just sinister beings content to take what the Alliance, and Horde alike throw at them. Their purpose is not evil. The Forsaken, with the death of the Lich King, appear to want nothing more than to be left to secure their homeland, Lordaeron and finally settle after two life time’s worth of ordeals. An understandable cause.
Their methods are questionable however. Treachery, horrific sciences and necromancy seem to be their weapons. They are a determined people who wish to keep what is theirs and crush those who would stand against them, regardless of their race or faction. One could argue that using their plagues and Val'kyr is evil, however it does aid in their task of securing Lordaeron. Is having the will to sacrifice everything to maintain your freedom and lands, truly evil?

But one must argue their loyalty to their fallen kingdom. If Calia Menethil returned and demanded her kingdom back, the Forsaken should, strictly speaking, return control of the city of Lordaeron and all territories assosiciated with it.
Would Sylvanus give up her power however? Having spent years forging an empire from nothing, save mindless ghouls and ruined cities. Having betrayed the Lich King, Dreadlords and arguably the Alliance to create her empire, which supposedly stands as a testament to free will, would she simply submit to the rightful heir of Lordaeron? Could we class the Forsaken as ‘evil’ for refusing to side with a Princess who knows nothing of their plight, or the mighty Queen who has saved them all from madness and granted them their revenge?

The Forsaken are arguably one of the more free and liberal races of Azeroth. Upon being risen from death, a new ‘born’ Forsaken is offered a place amongst the Forsaken or allowed to pursue their own destiny. While Undeath is hardly the ideally choice to return too, after being killed, the Forsaken are essentially offering those they raise a second chance. Granted they cannot do everything they once did, or feel everything they once felt, but they have the option to stay within in the realm of the living. The option to have their revenge, make peace, or simply, live.

Are the Forsaken evil? Or are they just willing to do whatever it takes to regain what was taken from them?

Note: I would have posted the lovely little picture from the “How to write your application” thread, however my current browser doesn’t appear to like this idea. So instead, I’ll offer you this Kirby like object hugging a second Kirby like object. I mean that’s almost the same thing, right? Right?

(>^.^)> <(^.^<)

Aw that’s nice. I like that.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application: Hedrick of Stratholme Left_bar_bleue80/80Application: Hedrick of Stratholme Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Application: Hedrick of Stratholme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application: Hedrick of Stratholme   Application: Hedrick of Stratholme I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:15 am

While still laughing at the comparisons made between my character and two Kirby like creates, I humbly congratulate you on your successful application to The Spine!
Pleae contact myself; geriand, Anthraxius, Isaelle, or Manners in game for your ic interview!
Back to top Go down

Application: Hedrick of Stratholme
Page 1 of 1