The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grethnit's Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grethnit

Grethnit's Application Empty
PostSubject: Grethnit's Application   Grethnit's Application I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:49 am

How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?

I have been playing World of Warcraft for about 3 years now, I started in 2007/8, but unfortunately I do not remember the month that I started playing. I started at the beginning of the Burning Crusade expansion. Smile

How confident would you say you are with the English language?

I am confident with my English. I was born in England and lived there for 9 years. My Grammar is fine, but I make the occasional spelling mistake, but this tends now to happen so often.

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?

I have been Roleplaying for about 2 and a half years now. I tend to know what I am doing and I do not jump into an argument unless I do not know the Lore. I like to have all the facts before I start Roleplaying. I have had several successful Roleplaying Guilds in the past and I like to try not to change or correct other's roleplay.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?

I have had experiences with Raiding, Roleplaying, And PvP. I took a break from WoW for 7 months about 4 months ago and before that I was a Hardcore Raider, So I know what I'm doing there. I also did PvP for quite some time before it got a little boring for me. As mentioned in the previous paragraph I have plenty of Roleplaying Experience. I did not get a chance to raid in the Burning Crusade expansion because when I reached level 70 (when it was the level cap) Wrath of The Lich King was about to come out in about 4 weeks. I was a tank in WOTLK and I was good at it. I don't think I will be doing much raiding on this character considering I want to stop leveling when I reach level 70. Altough if I do go beyond that then I will be happy to help out with raids even if it is just explaining the tactics. I am most familiar with WOTLK Raids (especially Trial Of The Crusader).

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?

I always enjoy helping out guilds that I am interested in. On my Paladin (On Alliance) I joined a small Roleplaying guild which I really enjoyed. I helped out as much as I could and considering this guild seem very interesting to me I would help out as often as I could. I would be friendly, Welcome newcomers, Help people with what ever I can (If I have the time) And try my best to keep everyone happy.I am fairly social and usually very jolly. I enjoy making others feel happy as well. Although if I was in a bad mood or if I was sad I would probably not say much to avoid accidentally annoying or hurting anyone

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?

Well to be honest I made my Forsaken Character because I was bored. Currently there is an RP drought on the Alliance side, and seeing as how I'm such a big fan of Lordaeron RP I decided to make a Forsaken. I am really enjoying the Horde and I have been on this character much more than any of my others. I would try to be on at least once every work day but on Fridays I am usually not online because to be fair I think I deserve a night out with my friends after a week's worth of work Smile. The weekends would Vary depending on if I was going out or not but I would try to go on even if it is just to help a fellow guild member. Some weekends I may not be on considering I play Rugby and recently I have had a lot of games and Tournaments, So the weekends are becoming less active but only temporary. In the summer I tend to be on less often, but I still try to come on whenever I can Smile.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?

I think that the priority would be to enjoy myself and make sure that others do so as well. Generally I would try to Rp but I would also try to level up a little bit considering I want to get this Character to level 60 fast. I would be quick to give up leveling though so I could help out and socialize with guild members.

Why do you wish to join the guild?

To be completely honest I wish to join because I can not get enough of Lordaeron RP and I met a member of "The Spine" and I asked for a heavy Forsaken RP guild and she recommended this one. I Would really enjoy to be with a group of people who enjoy the same RP as I do than be with plenty of people with different views, because that can make stuff complicated. I really like the Idea of Forsaken, and the whole Roleplay and being with a group of people who also enjoy it would mean a lot, and I wouldnt have spend countless hours on my paladin just flying over Stormwind because I have nothing better to do.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name: Father Grethnit Lawrence
Title: No real one but In game Father
Race: Undead Human
Level: 20
In Game Class & Spec: Shadow Priest
IC Class: Shadow Priest (From the Cult of Forgotten Shadow)
Height: 6'2"

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?

The Royal Apothecary Society. My character is a Father of Shadow. He does not inflict violence or pain usually but promotes it. He has a hatred for scourge and Humans and the minute when the Dark Lady thought of a group to help destroy all living things he was quick to join. My character is Also in the Cult of Forgotten Shadow which will not play a big part in my Roleplay although he has Abandon the light.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?

My Character is not fond of the Horde one bit. He simply see's them as a tool to strengthen the Forsaken. As soon as they are no longer needed he would be quick to leave. Anything that can Strengthen the Forsaken he will do even if that meant destroying the Horde. Although he is fond of Blood Elves considering they were once Allies and still are really. He has no grudge against the Elves but the rest he see's as disgusting and pathetic creatures.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?

My Character would have been a supporter of Putress if it was not so soon. He despises both Horde and Alliance but he thought the timing was not correct. He can tolerate them but the minute they were not needed he would of joined Putress swiftly if the event would of occured in the near future of course.

Family:

My Character is a Priest so has no Wife or Children. His Father was a Paladin but died when he was young as his Mother had died in Child Birth. He was adopted by the Church and became a Priest of the Holy Light until departure from life.

Character History:

Father Grethnit Lawrence was born in the city of Stratholme. His mother had died in Labour and his Father was a Paladin of the Silver Hand. When his father fell ill and died when he was just 7 years old the church took him in. There he learned how to become a Priest of the Holy Light. when he was 30 he moved to Andorhal to become the Village Priest. When he was 44 in the year 8 he fell terribly sick like the rest of the population. He had been infected by the Plague. He became a minion of the scourge and served as the Lich king's mindless toy. When the Scourge manage to break free of the Lich King he joined the Dark Lady. He then resided in DeathKnell to help those who had departed from the World of the living and help them adjust to their new life. Grethnit Abandon the Holy Light after death, thinking that if it cared it would have helped him. He joined the Cult Of Forgotten Shadows and became a Shadow Priest. Forgetting what it was like to have true power recently Grethnit has ventured beyond DeathKnell to aid in the war against the Worgen Armies. Re-learning all his skills in the form of shadow magic he is becoming more powerful and remembering how good it felt. He is becoming bloodthirsty and angry at the ones who left him to rot when he passed away. He does not invoke violence...usually but promotes it frequently. he gives speeches heading Undead to kill any near by human or living creatures, as he has come to believe that this world must be dead

Why does your character want to join the guild?

Grethnit wishes to find a Group of Forsaken to do work with and to help. Although a shadow priest he still wishes to help his brothers and sisters with their struggles and wants to assist with whatever cause they have as long as it is a cause for the Forsaken.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?

My Character is a Priest and Alchemist he would be able to help anyway he could In Game. if it was giving advice or gathering resources if he is not busy he will be quick to do anything for any Forsaken or allies of the Forsaken cause. OOC I would do what ever I could to help as I explained in previous paragraphs

How does your character respond to authority?

Grethnit will do what ever his superior tells him to do and will help out without being asked to. Anything that you wish him to do, he will do it

Essay on Forgotten shadow

The Cult of The Forgotten Shadow was formed of those who once followed the Holy Light. Those who gave up on the Light considering they felt like it abandon them in their time of need. Seeing as how many Forsaken devoted their life to the Holy Light and only getting death in return they decided to make the cult. It takes many Virtues of The Holy Light but twists them in their own way to benefit the people more and embrace shadow magic. Priests still remain priests but they have their own methods. They practice shadow magic and figured out a way to use the Light as a Shadow magic. This whole Philosophy is trying to make life better for the Forsaken who have abandon the light. Although it may be small it is a growing cult. Many realize that this system of belief is more fair and that considering the Light offers nothing and only offered death to the Forsaken they should jump at the chance to join a cult which still represents the same virtues but promotes selfishness. The Priests are not completely selfish. They will still offer Wisdom and Guidance to those who seek it but in a shadowy form. Things may appear to be more gloomy but if one is to look at the fact that you are already dead, It can't get much worse than that so gloomy is the way to go. This cult helps many Forsaken who are lost and confused wondering what they did wrong to deserve such a fate. They then realize that they had done nothing wrong and that they should not Embrace the Light considering it does not offer much to the people, especially people in need. The journey is still the same but made in to a more fair system and more self centered. The Cult offers many things to those in need, and this is why so many are turning to the Cult of Forgotten Shadow, because unlike so many other Faiths, it makes sense.

Thank you for reading Smile

I couldn't insert the picture but I'll send the link Smile

https://servimg.com/view/12867219/22

Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
Grethnit's Application Left_bar_bleue85/85Grethnit's Application Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

Grethnit's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grethnit's Application   Grethnit's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:48 am

Good evening, thank you posting an application on our forums.

While your grammar is bordering on the line between acceptable on not, your lore seem flawless, and it has been put well to use.
Hence, you have been accepted.

Contact me, Cage, Manners or Lynnea in-game for an IC interview!
Back to top Go down

Grethnit's Application
Page 1 of 1