The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Relnor Melton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Relnor

Application - Relnor Melton Empty
PostSubject: Application - Relnor Melton   Application - Relnor Melton I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Before I start, I would like to leave a note, and as I found no place for in in the Application, I just leave it here above it.
I do have both Asperger and ADHD. Not that I hope this will make a great difference.

PLAYER INFORMATION
How long (approximately) have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I have been playing WoW since early vanilla, started in may 2005.

How confident would you say you are with the English language?
Quite confident. After some years on a roleplaying realm I have learned the most grammatical rules. I do make some lesser mistakes at times when trying to reply fast, but then, who doesn't?

What experience do you have with roleplaying in the past?
- This does not have to have been within WoW.
I started my roleplaying career in WoW around 2 and a half year ago. Personally I would say I was quite a fail rper until around a year ago, when I finally found the rp outside of Sillymoon. And from then I have improved.

What experience do you have within the World of Warcraft?
-This can be PvE, PvP and RP.
I did some raid PuGing in Burning Crusade, and in WotLK I have been into the early content. From the release of WotLK I've spent most of my time roleplaying, first, If I got to be honest, in Silvermoon, but later abandoning that place to find the better RP in guilds. I got no real interest in PVP.

If you were to join the guild, what would you bring to the strong OOC community the guild shares?
A friendly and Intelligent personality, as well as an attempt to be helpful.

If you were to join the guild, how often would you be able to play?
Around four-five evenings a week. IRL do get priority, I'm afraid.

If you were to join the guild what would be your priority when online?
The guild, and roleplaying.

Why do you wish to join the guild?
While I have gotten better on roleplaying, I have noticed the lack of good random RP, if you don't got the time to spend an hour searching for it. What I've seen and heard of The Spine, it seems that you got an atmosphere and style, and also really good RP.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Relnor Melton
Title (if applicable): Butler
Current Occupation: Seeking work

Age: A little above 30 at the death time, so around 40 by now.

Race:
-Undead Human

Level: 20

In-game Class & Spec': Mage, going Arcane
IC Class: Servant

Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Empty sockets
Height: 6'1 feet

Of the three Forsaken factions the guild represents: The Royal Apothecary Society, The Deathguard and The Deathstalkers. Which do you feel your character would fit in with best and why?
That is hard. Relnor is a servant and a butler. So maybe R.A.S. But if there is any, a servant rank below the Branches might match better.

How does your character feel about the place of the Forsaken in the Horde? And how does he/she react to other races within the Horde?
Being new in the faction. Relnor do not really got any bound opinion of the Horde. From what he have seen, and remember from life, Relnor see the Kalimdor horde races (orc, troll, tauren) as uncivilized and stupid, and the elves as arrogant and backstabbing.

How does your character feel about the Wrathgate incident?
Relnor wasn't free under the time of Wrathgate, but in his civilized mind he see it as betrayal, and that the traitors should be punished. And they got punished!

Family:
Unknown parents, both servants, now deceased.

Character History:
Relnor Was born in a family that for generations been servants. When he grew up he continued the family work and took the work as butler for a mage family. The family in question had a house in capital city as well as a house in Dalaran. Under his service for the family Relnor had to travel much and got to see much of Lordaeron.
After some years in service, Relnor had discovered that he himself had the potentially to wield magic. He did, however, keep this secret as he suspected that if someone discovered he would have to abandon the work as butler just to become a magi.
At the time of the beginning of the third war the mage family, and with them Relnor, was in Capital City. When the massacre begun Relnor was alone in the house, cleaning. When the door opened he had is back to it and just said: "Please take of your shoes before entering." The skeletal warrior didn't.

The following time Relnor was a simple mindless undead, just killing and destroying as commanded. Months passed without any changes. Under the Forsaken rebellion Relnor wasn't freed, and just walked on as mindless. Around this time he came under the command of a particular sadistic lich, and was transported to Northrend along with he other servants of this lich.
After some months in service of the lich his old work as servant was noticed by the lich. A curse was then following.
The lich made Relnor his personal butler, and did also free Relnor's mind, but not his body. For the first time since his death Relnor could think, But he wished he couldn't. His body still as mindless and controlled, he could do noting but watch as it served the Scourge. There was however a side effect that the lich hadn't fought of, when Northrend was stormed the lich was slain, his Phylactery shattered, and Relnor was freed in body as well as soul.

Now seeking a new cause and new masters to serve, Relnor has drawn of to join the Forsaken!

Why does your character want to join the guild?
Relnor, being finally freed, is seeking a way to prove loyalty to the Forsaken. The Spine organization seem to be a perfect way to show his few capabilities and his loyalty.

What skill set could your character bring to the guild?
Relnor is a good chef, and also got lesser knowledge in arcane magic. He is also fast to obey orders and is a good cleaner, not that the last one should be particular necessary in a group of mad Forsaken.

How does your character respond to authority?
Directly and without question. The sort of respond expected from a servant.

TEST OF ABILITY
Please write a short response (300 - 600 words) discussing one of the statements below, research is allowed but copying is not, you are encouraged to add your own thoughts and theories to the answer.

This test is designed to evaluate your use of the English language, your commitment to joining and your ability to present a reasoned and clear argument, it is NOT a test of raw knowledge.

i) The Forsaken are evil. There are no good Forsaken.
I do not agree with this statement. It is a bit too crude. The Forsaken as a faction could be classified evil, yes, but that do not mean every single one of them is.
The next issue with the statement is the classification. Define Evil, is there any real definition of what evil is and who that is evil? Sure, the Forsaken uses poison and massacres, but that most of the other races have done too. The Forsaken is not only seeking to kill and maim, but rather trying to find their place in a world that doesn't welcome them. Who can blame them for being hostile when they get treated as abominable monsters? Forsaken got an unwavering will, and the fact that they have died once before leave many of them without fear of death. They simply got to find their place in this world, whatever the cost. If this is evil, then what is not? Most forsaken might be cold, but that might just be that they have to be hard and powerful to survive in Azeroth.

Some part of Forsaken society, like the Forgotten Shadow, shows how they not only got destructive sides but also tries to build up their faction. This can also be seen in the second part of the dual thesis, "To find a cure for our current statement". This is also seen in how they send ambassadors and apothecaries to different horde settlements, to help the Horde.

I guess I get to place my personal believe in that the Forsaken is not good, nor evil. Sure, there are what could be seen as evil Forsaken, even a lot of them, but there are good Forsaken as well. To define who is evil and who is not is a near impossible mission, and who am I to judge?
Back to top Go down
Relnor

PostSubject: Re: Application - Relnor Melton   Application - Relnor Melton I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Almost did forget:

I did read G.R.E.A.T, and never understood how to copy it.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Application - Relnor Melton Left_bar_bleue80/80Application - Relnor Melton Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: Application - Relnor Melton   Application - Relnor Melton I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:18 am

Accepted! Please contact Vraenesha in game for your IC interview!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Relnor Melton   Application - Relnor Melton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Relnor Melton
Page 1 of 1