The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley).

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lutley

Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley). Empty
PostSubject: Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley).   Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley). I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Well, now I am about 22 - time goes too fast - and I've been playing since... just after the patch where Dire Maul was added and I can't honestly remember that month it was conceived in Feralas. That means I've been playing for, five to six years. Though this surprises some, I did take a massive break during The Burning Crusade and the raw beginnings of WotLK. Mostly because of degrees, etc, etc.

My "mastery" of the English language, ur, well I suppose I could count myself as a British *Citizen for sure. To be honest, I don't speak as I type, that would make me look a right... yeah, well pontificating twit. I try to use the grammar I know, but prefer etiquette and the English language's own sense of "acceptibility" which makes the language erratic, inconsistant and ever-so lovely... per se. My father always told me something about using "big words" or "fancy words" - that if you are writing a book that you want to sell, never use them; as you probably won't make much money in this age. But anyway, consequently, I don't use to many, however, he also said it is good to know what they mean. After making me mark the whole dictionary when I was 11, I know a fair few. But I don't consider people who use such words in anyway superior in RP, or whatever, to anyone else who does not. That should embark my generic base on it, anyway.

My experience in roleplay would be since the beginning of WotLK - not too long - but I always enjoy it, and I think that's the only reason you roleplay, really. If you roleplay to such strict rules that you are not enjoying it, I believe you shouldn't be roleplaying at all. I also believe - as you may assume, I am quite opinionated - that I can roleplay with almost everyone, I may prefer roleplaying with those of a finer cheddar (excuse my phrases) but I find it is fun to roleplay with those who are willing to. This does not mean I do not follow what rules there are. I prefer to dodge the emote fights, and I was a bit put out by them when I first started roleplaying: it will probably end with two disgruntled players and no IC winner. I've roleplayed in a guild called the Holy Templars towards the beginning of WotLK, great fun and the Apothecarium! Nasty muck up by me on there, Anxx here by the way.

My experience in general would be all pre-tbc raids, par Naxxramas 40man (my guild wasn't too good) aaaand msot experience in Northrend raids. Only know Karazhan from The Burning Crusade, but hey! In PvP I've never been good, I have, however always liked Arathi Basin. To be honest, I prefer the team work side of things, rather than the solid "don't talk, show me your gearscore" side of the moon. I believe in being nice to most people and I'm generally non-moody person. Now, anyway, I wasn't before. Humh.

Well, for the OOC community, I can be generally a polite person. I won't tell too many jokes, not too good at that. I'm a fan of the Mighty Boosh, though. Don't know too many... things, on the internet, but I can go along with it? I do my best to help new people settle in, and I like to chat, like any respectable Briton, about the weather and other seemingly miniscule and pedantic details to everyday play on World of Warcraft.

I am quite an active player, and I can of course play a lot if I wanted to. I have work soon, and I'm going on holiday with some mates, soon. It's my friend's stag night(s), so can't miss 'em. But I'll be back and play a quite some evenings on week nights. On priority fronts, if I am not online, I will attend for events as promptly and as puntcually as I possibly can. I think it's important for my character and I to get stuck in. If there is any event that springs up and I have SIGNED for an event in guild I shall try and cancel it (of course, if it's something really serious IRL, that might not come in to play) but ingame, you have my loyalty through and through.

Infact, I wish to join because of my loyalty to the Apothecarium and the love of RP with the good Forsaken of Undercity, people say the elves have the most lore, wait until they see human, elf and undead culture rolled into one ball of hot roleplay. To join to me, would be like a good way of getting back into RP as I haven't roleplayed recently and I think it's a fresh character, fresh guild and fresh roleplay for me.

Character's Name: Garsel Pinemoore Lutley

Title: Mage of the Undercity.

Occupation: your proto-typical Hero of the Horde, and then an Undercity Magus; aiding the Horde in intrests beyond the Dark Portal. Currently in the employment of the magic quarter of Undercity. In life he was a tour-guide in Stormwind.

Race: Undead human, may well be some High Elf blood - hence his magical aptitude.

Level: 80.

Class/Spec: Mage, Arcane.

IC class: Mage, Magician capability (he may give you a rant ingame about the differences).

Hair: Sea-weedy to the touch and purplish in colour.

Eye colour: A sombre glow, no definite colour.

I would say he doesn't fit in any, par the militaristic sense of the Deathguard, though he does have the ability to dissappear at will and for a skeleton, he is relatively agile. I would place him in the Deathstalkers.

--Isn't good with potions. At all.

As he was once a hero, he adopted a tolerance to other races of the Horde, and sees more good than bad in them. However, he still would like an isolationist Undercity, but he can, however, see the benefits of not being secluded. Being quite open-minded, he doesn't mind eccentricity or cultural intrests. In contrast, he dislikes the promulgation of the Undercity by the orcs, and placing a watch over the Forsaken's doings. He has contempt for Garrosh and his dogma of war. Conservative in the Forsaken's own municipal rights. Yet, he still remains a member of the Horde - proud to be, too.

On the subject of the Wrathgate, he sees it as a horrible blemish on what his beloved Queen, Sylvanas, strived for so long to achieve, a set back in his state's stride to their goals. Rather than seeing it as a weakness in Forsaken power than a display of wrath. Ultimately harbouring complete distaste for Putress.

Lutley's history really comprises of what he's written... and the truth, I shall tell the truth here, but Lutley's records ingame have been altered, by him, to show his side of the story. To hear his side, I would ask him personally.

He was born in southern Elwynn, twenty years or so before the First War. Son to a innkeeper mother and a performing magician father... Lutley, who was disgraced by such a craft - fake magic - when he was old enough to learn it wasn't actually real, made for the city. Only to find out by a passing series of events that he parents were also related, disgracing him further. He was taken in by conjurers, and spent most of his late teens learning about his real craving; actual magic. On the eve of his twentieth he returned to the town of his birth, Grand Hamlet (Darkshire as we know it) and was horrified to find that orcs had suddenly appeared on Azeroth: tearing a horrible path to Stormwind.

Fleeing with the exodar of people from Stormwind, he reached the northern human kingdoms. There he was able to settle in to a lovely detached farm in the greater Arathi region. Employed as a tour guide after his house was burnt to the ground again by orcs, he traveled the world, exploring the ins and outs of the new proffesion of tour guiding.

It was with that job, he died.

Taking a family on a tour through Andorhal, he ran into what would be Kel'thuzad, where he would instantly be turned into what we know today as an undead mage, not only had he been reanimated, he had been bestowed his own power. Serving under the Lich King, he was able to get his will back as soon as Illidan's attack shifted on the glacier, letting him join Sylvanas's band of "Forsaken".

Since, he has been serving her doctrine and the Horde's people - a shot at gaining such trust. It was then, when Kruul opened the Dark Portal once again, that he served the Horde and his Queen again beyond the portal to fight at the Stair of Destiny. He has returned since after the Wrathgate incident to help out with more domestic affairs.

Lutley wishes to join as he has a sense of responsibilty to the Forsaken, and that he wants to serve the Queen to his fullest capability. Whether that be serving under her indirectly or directly, aslong as it contributed to her majesty's will.

His skill would be with magic, to blow his horn for him: he is very good at magic. On other fronts, he is quite the opposite - his ineptitude in everything else would make up for his natural dominion of the arcane. In that sense, he can offer the Apothecarium the mystic energies of one of the most useful magics.

Responding well to authority it capital to Lutley, and if it is not important at the moment, be sure he will capitalise it. Don't get me wrong, he does sigh and dredge if asked to do something he feels does not test him. However, that is his natural tendency to be bored most of the time. So well to authority.

Now, to see to the matter of this.

// With the Lich King dead do the Forsaken lack a purpose? //

My honest answer would be no, seeing as the Forsaken's aim was to establish a home where they were not hated and hunted by the humans that sought after them, as well as wreaking vengeance upon the Scourge. As the Lich King we know is dead, that does not mean the Scourge is gone, there is still a lot of fighting to be done for the Forsaken to retain a wholesome grip on their domain. On the other hand, I believe the Forsaken should take this in the sense that they will be given a reminder of a task that took the back seat, but now is in the front seat. My point is that Sylvanas herself wants a haven for her people if I could so boldy say, and that haven must be one "safe" for her people. Those who stand in her and her faction's way only have to be annihilated to take a step towards it. With the Scarlet Crusade and Scourge dumbing down, it would be a sufficient to finish them off completely. As they would see no reason in settling it, I believe that the Forsaken must do what they must to complete their motive(s).

To the other side of the argument, I think the Forsaken may feel "emptied of passion" they once had... let me explain further. They had someone before to focus their soul-engraved hatred upon, their traitor Prince Arthas. Now that he is dead, they may feel lack-lustre and "what is the point", as some may just be in it for the vengeance. Once they have got said vengeance, they may be prepared to crawl up in the dirt and let themselves into the next beyond. They may want their rest after a perpetual nightmare that kept them awake so long: Prince Arthas. As the phrase goes, "aslong as man lives there will never be peace" or in this case mortals and humanoids. The meaning of this quote is simple and clear: A trouble, as soon as one's gone, will spring up. I doubt even if the Forsaken are to clear their homeland of troubles, there still may very well be threats- Putress is significant proof of that.

Many Forsaken may still hold ulterior motive, or an inner-evil they wish to unleash upon the races of Azeroth, by means of however they want. As the Lich King is dead, this may only amplify their wanting for dominion of what they may see as their new tyrant Sylvanas (if they see it that way).

I conclude in saying that I believe the Forsaken have a way to go before they can hope of having no purpose, even if having no purpose is possible - as a purpose is always there, find a cure to undeath, and if so, survive as a live person. Though, I still can imagine some Forsaken feeling as if they do. You cannot summarise the Forsaken race as one single mind; as that is what their captivity under the Lich King was. They will all have a different view of it, and I respect their decision if so. However, I do believe the race as a faction still has hills to climb and land to dominate.

For Undercity!

Anxx.
Back to top Go down
geriand

geriand

Character
Name: Garthar Farrow
Profession: Warrior
Level:
Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley). Left_bar_bleue80/80Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley). Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley). Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley).   Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley). I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:13 am

Ah, I forgot to apply to this one.
Anxx, as a member your alts are automatically into the guild as long as you promise to play them; and have written a backstory. Contact me and we'll invite you.
Back to top Go down

Garsel Lutley - Application, (character name's Lutley).
Page 1 of 1