The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Age of Discovery

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue80/80The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:12 pm

"What, he doesn't think of stopping yet still?"

Looking over his shoulder, Za'den snickered at the woman's comment. She had been asleep for quite a while and it was a while since they had last seen any human habitations. He had for a while been riding with one hand on the reins, cleaning and reloading his pistols with the other. Putting the guns back in his coat he looked around.

"We've only been riding for about... Nevermind, lost count." Za'den sighed when he realized that he lost track of time quite some time ago.

"Are we going to stop soon, Cayrodyn? If not, can you slow down a little bit, so I can change the saddle and not whip the steed into catching up with you?" Qaliath called out to the Skyborn. She seemed energized and ready to return to her own rek. With a grip on the reins Za'den prepared to slow down, but awaited Cay to accept it.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue85/85The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:01 am

Davon was a little farther behind then the others and at this point was very bored, the land was simple and flat. There was nothing that could invoke any kind of mental activity, nothing.

The woman's awake? Finally.

The others were having some sort of conversation but Davon wasn't interested. All he heard was something about stopping.
Suddenly, he felt strange. Like there was something extremely wrong but he couldn't put his finger on it. Davon gripped the runed hammer tightly.

Is it just paranoia?
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue85/85The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:10 am

The Turiaian's suspicions weren't without reasoning. They all felt an impending threat coming closer, closer, until it was as if something attacked them mentally.
They soon, however, found out what had been the cause.

The golden, serene fields were, as previously noted, dotted by various herds of various animals.
The closest herd of which was a bypassing group of terrs. It was uncomfortably close to the road, and the close they got, the imminent the sense of data became. Of course, this mental horror was the result of the tones of their powerful sonar apparatus, which was just below the sense of hearing, and which was maddening in numbers.
Thankfully, the reason they were so awfully chatty was because they had downed a few goloves and were merrily feasting on large, white carcasses. For that reason, the group was ignored, and they hurried past the small, big-mouthed group without raising too much trouble.
The Skyborn had for that reason effectively ignored the lady's request, and they kept going for a bit, until he finally decided to give the beasts some rest, and with the first sun just past noon, he led them into the tall, white grass and under the shade of a branching, golden tree, which swung gently back and forth despite it being wind still.
Silence, apart from the wonderfully distant animal sounds and the soaring ashas above. It was so calm here, and the reks quickly took advantage of that - once the party had dismounted, they rest in the shade of the tree, almost asleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:48 pm

"Seems like I will have to bother you for a little longer."
Qali muttered quietly, obviously directed at Za'den, and only made herself comfortable in the saddle, watching the area with slight interest. She didn't seem overly affected by chatty animals, just closing one ear with her fingers and looking away from the feast, as they passed by. She did mumble something on it, but it was so quiet and inaudible, that sounded more like a heavy sigh.
Of course she slid off the saddle as soon, as they stopped, uttering gentle "thanks again" towards the Trikkr, and undoing the ties of her rek's reins, leading the beast to the side, where other ones followed afterwards. Without a word, lady Exurr took care of the steeds' feeding, letting men catch some rest.

Through all the time she was busy - they've been silent. And apparently, she didn't quite enjoy the complete silence. Or it was for the fact, that the company was unusual and silence wasn't yet comfortable?
" Alright then."
Why am I doing this even?
Taking a seat down, with a flask of water in her hand, Qaliath eyed all three of her companions and sighed softly, before continuing her speech.
" I understand most of us are frustrated due to the unknown directions for unknown reasons. Alright, you can tell us whenever you think it's needed. But lets at least try not to be complete strangers? Before you made an obvious "but we are!", lets just fix it. We're apparently stuck with each other. For unknown time, mhm? I realize some of us don't trust the others. It's alright too."
She made a small gulp from the flask, perking one eyebrow lightly, when catching their questionable glances.
" Fine. Let me try to make it fair. I'll ask one question of each of you, you can ask question of each of us. How does that sound? Good? Good."

Qali didn't even let them agree or disagree, going straight for the 'game', so most of them will have to follow. She turned her attention to the Turaian first.
" Davon, say, how many heads have you smashed in with that hammer on your lifetime? It's quite peculiar, how heavy that thing is? Don't you glare at me like that, just asking questions of interest! And no, I'm not going to avert evil with waving my hands, neither do I wear any rosary, neither do I believe in anything, but science. So you don't have to add my head to that count."
While giving him time to think of an answer, she turned her attention to Za'den.
" Lets see, what to ask of you. Oh. Think you could find me a spot under the wings of Technocracy, when we're done? If we're done with all this alive, of course. I bet, if I had some freedom in my work, I could serve well not only to myself. Head," she gently tapped her right temple with fingertips." Demands more work."
The same meaningful moment of silence, before she shifted her glance to the Skyborn.
" Say, Cayrodyn, how long can a Skyborn live and are you any more tenacious against wounds? Professional curiousity, nothing more!"
She lifted her hands in a short gesture, obviously showing that her intentions are only of a friendly matter. At least she tries to be friendly and form something, that they called team spirit in the expeditions - make people talk, share the thoughts and work becomes much easier to do, when you're on the same tune with the others.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 am

Davon was in mild disbelief.

Who is she to ask of how many lives I've taken?

Davon was quiet as she continued with two other questions, then he spoke.

"Quite peculiar? This hammer-" The Turaian stuck the hammer to the ground, head first.
"-Is of a culture that goes back many millenia, it is covered in a script so ancient and shadowed that only a few can barely read it-" As he spoke, he slowly turned the hammer, showing them the simple, black heiroglyphs.
"- As you may have thought before, the hammer is not a simple tool for bashing worshiper heads in. It has a different use, one that I will not waste my time trying to explain to you people."

..A much more lethal use.

"I can tell you, however, that the hammer's name is Tonus and that it's killed many men."

Through the whole monologue, Davon was staring at Qali, unblinking.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue80/80The Age of Discovery - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:15 am

Za'den looked confused as she asked, looking on Qaliath, thinking.

How much to reveal... Not too much for now.

Once Davon had held his monologue that really didn't answer anything at all, Za'den sighed and looked over to the woman.

"I got some friends, so should be possible. Just do not expect the life in Terigan to be the same as the upper class life in Elsta. Our city is... Different."

Snickering a little, the tinker took a moment to think, placing his hat aside as he did so. he stretched his back and turned towards Cayrodyn, waiting for the Skyborn to answer his question before asking any of his own.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:13 am

"I expected nothing less" the bright-eyed Skyborn stated just after Za'den had finished his miniature speech. Of course, he knew that his very being would cause a lot of questions to arise, but he didn't seem too pleased about revealing too much.
"The first moment I saw you, I know you were a women of science. Curiosity kills, you know."
He didn't have any notes of humour in his voice.
"But very well. If it keeps you motivated..."
Silence dragged out for a short word while Cayrodyn estimated how much would be healthy to reveal.
"Skyborn aren't human. We do not age in the same way that you do."
Another short moment.
"Humans get born, grow up, get older, then wither away and die. Ageing.
The Skyborn are different. We are born, yes, but we mature in less than a year. Once adult, we wander Naecai for decades, if not centuries, depending on how well in shape we stand. If a Skyborn was to seal itself in a chamber filled with nutrition, it would be everlasting."
Brief pause, to let it sink in.
"Wounds?"
He chuckled lightly.
"Cut me and I will bleed. But let the blood spill on your hand, and you will lose an arm."
Short, playful smirk.
"Our blood is extremely lethal to all foreign substances. Even to other Skyborn. Of course, this variation means that we are very different in nature, from Skyborn to Skyborn in terms of internal physique, but you get the point. That is also why I have blue eyes, and not red or white."
With a triumphant smile, he settled against the pale trunk of the gently swaying tree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Qali listened to each one of them very carefully, resting her cheek to opened palm, elbow placed on the knee. Like a child, who just got to listen something highly interesting. She leaned a little bit forward, when Davon placed the hammer on sight, so she could see closer to the hieroglyphs.
“ This is fascinating. Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly a harmful type myself, but I have an admiration to people, who can fight. And must tell you,I haven't seen anyone in combat with a hammer before you in that inn. Though, not to sound weird, but – looking forward to seeing it in full use.”
Just mere courtesy, or she's serious? Davon kept his glare on her until he realized, that she is not trying to flatter anyone and does actually mean, what she says. Quick, curious mind, nonetheless. But before he could blink once, she was giving a reply to Za'den.
“ Oh, trust me, my friend. I am far from a good noble, having to live a double life and most of it on the streets with the common people. It's just the food, that I have to get used to,” she chuckled softly, shaking her head a little. “ It doesn't matter. As long, as I won't have a bunch of politics above my head, telling me that I can't do anything – I can work. People here have only one direction, their thoughts go into, and I don't share it.”

When Skyborn spoke up, she just listened with slightly perked up eyebrow, but one could tell, that the spark in her poisonous green eyes was hinting truly a professional amusement.
Learning something new every day. Centuries... Everything you can learn in this time. So much to discover!
For a slight moment, it made her lower her glance to her feet, as she realized, that most likely she won't have time to finish a lot of things and complete many researches. Her human times were limited, for shame.
Oh well. Another twenty, if very lucky, years are still in hand.
Smile lit up on her face again, when she returned attention to the Skyborn.
“ Truly amazing. I'm glad I asked, else could've lost my arm at some point, even though it wouldn't be the first time for big mistakes.”
For a moment Qali remained silent, then continued, thoughtfully.
“ Can't believe those tiny minds are so terrified of your kind, though. I bet we could learn a lot... Oh.”
She straightened herself, smiling still.
“ Thank you for your answers, gentlemen. I would ask more and more, but I will just keep my own for next time. Yes, I will pester you with those once in a while. Now, if someone else wants to ask someone of anything, do go ahead.”
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 am

Taking a moment to think, Za'den looked across the group, his eyes stopping on each of them for a split second. Stretching his back, he took to words:

"One question for each... Sounds like a fair deal."

Turning towards Cayrodyn, the Tinker took out a small notebook and pen, writing something down before looking up. Making sure none was about to interrupt him, he raised the notebook.

"Given the properties of your blood Cay, could it, in theory of course, not be used a really strong weapon? Sorry if being creepy, but the idea of a new possible weapon should always be considered."

Snickering he held the pen to his paper, giving Cayrodyn time to think. Then he looked on the woman.

"What is the actual state of the ruler of Elsta? Too many rumours on the streets for me to believe nothing is wrong among your nobility."

Once she had gotten her chance to reply he turned to Davon.

"I got to question it. You are no longer a religion-hunter, but you still got the movements of a soldier and you are constantly looking as if seeking a target. Why would someone still in the Warrior's mind leave his homeland?"

Now this, will be entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:15 am

Davon was silent, listening to everything and everyone. Nothing escaped him.

The woman's street smart but still soft inside. The Skyborn's blood kills. The Trikkr's well connected, nobility perhaps? or wealth?

Davon was now actively switching his cold gaze between the party members. He studied their hands, looking for small details.

The Trikkr's hands look as if they've seen work, perhaps during experimentation and working with heavy metals? A red cog tattoo. A clan distiguishment, perhaps. The Skyborn, I can't see his hands. I suspect that they are soft looking, yet dangerous. Like the man himself. Qaliath, nothing much there. Note the absence of strain.

Davon was now using all his skills, he would learn of his companions without asking questions.

"I got to question it. You are no longer a religion-hunter, but you still got the movements of a soldier and you are constantly looking as if seeking a target. Why would someone still in the Warrior's mind leave his homeland?"

The Trikkr's question was insulting to Davon, but he hid his disgust. Other than that, Davon was surprised that the Trikkr had noticed his personal movements.

"I used to be, as you said, a religion-hunter. I have been exiled from my home for a certain crime."

The Turaian waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:26 am

Sensing it was his turn to act, the Skyborn gracefully joined into the fray by answering the question directed at him.
"My blood is like your blood. It dries, flakes off, dies. So no, you cannot stuff it in a vial. It is only useful when something strikes me - blood will spray out, wound target, you know what I mean."
The gaze went around the group, and settled on the woman.
"You - you seem like the scholar out of us. How much do you know about the Eye?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:57 am

Qali made another gulp from the flask, giving Davon a moment to see her right hand - smooth, pale skin, but fingers seemed much rougher, than the rest of her hand - precise, accurate work with small objects, exposed to toxins, blood and whatnot. However, when he shifted attention to her other hand, he met a disappointment - it was clad in a black tight glove, seemingly going even further to her arm under the laced white sleeve. He did note down in his mind, that this hand was much thinner, than the other one. Sickly thin. And it seemed, she had difficulties with moving her fingers on it.
"What is the actual state of the ruler of Elsta? Too many rumours on the streets for me to believe nothing is wrong among your nobility."
Qali shook her head lightly, rubbing her left temple with the crippled fingers.
" I wasn't that close to the ruling circles. I reported my work to the Council, but that's all. However."
It was obvious, that Qali wasn't sure, if she should say, what she was going to say, but eventually woman shrugged it off - who is she pleading loyalty to here?
" I believe, if Council members are plotting to take the Supreme's place, things are growing dire. My own father was using me to distract rest of the Council, while he was scheming and preparing something for 'take over, when the Supreme falls'. Unless something else happens, it might be shift of power. Those are my thoughts, from what I've heard and seen myself."

She took her time to answer Cayrodyn's question, though. With a thoughtfull expression on her face, Qaliath tapped her chin with fingertips, then reached out for her research journal, going through the pages quickly.
“ The Eye... Forests of poisonous plants and dangerous creatures surrounding it. The area is not a walkway, it is unsafe. I hope you catch my hint – I know nothing more, than people say. And it's not much at all.”
Qali shrugged lightly, seems like apologizing for not knowing more on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:05 am

Davon took a closer look at Qali's exposed hand. Making a mental note of the rough looking fingers. Perhaps she would be useful. He also noted her accent and her speech manerisms. She was educated and knew how to get her points across and how to ask the wrong questions in the most diplomatic way possible.

Cay, however, was still a mystery to Davon. He knew that the Skyborn was intelligent and almost, well, perfect in movement and speech, but could he fight? Could he handle himself if Davon and Za'den were elsewhere?
Davon studied him further while he was talking to Qali.

Again, looking for any minor detail that could shed light on the obscure man-in-black.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am

Za'den just nodded at Davon's response, noticing he had hit a sore spot with his questing. He had not been famous for thinking first, but a man with a warhammer that knew how to use it was far from the best subject to insult. Instead turning to listen to Cayrodyn.

"My blood is like your blood. It dries, flakes off, dies. So no, you cannot stuff it in a vial. It is only useful when something strikes me - blood will spray out, wound target, you know what I mean."

"I wonder if that could be stabilized..." Za'den muttered, writing down a note in his notebook.

Listening to Qaliath's response, he took some other notes. Looking up he saw that Davon had noticed something. Looking around him for the cause, he realized what it was.

DAMNIT! I took off my gloves? Am I really getting that careless?

With a quick move he grabbed the right glove and equipped it, covering the tattoo. He knew that the Turaian had seen it, but too lat to avoid that. As long as not questions were asked. He listened as Cay and Qaliath spoke , hoping this would be enough to not make he notice his reaction.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 pm

"I expected nothing more. Good."
The angelic being turned his glowing attention to all of those present.
"We are going to the Eye. No point in keeping you in the dark any more. I know you have many questions - not only to my character, but to the general goal of this voyage. I can reveal to you, that it will be dangerous. There is a possibility you will not return. But if you do return, you will not only be enlightened on the subject of Naecai and her origin. You will be bathed in fame, glory, knowledge and money. This, I can promise."
The eyes went from person to person as he spoke, staring at each of them in deep focus, that seemed to scream that they should take this close to their heart.
"We are going, because something is about to happen. Something which is ultimately inevitable, but which must be prevented for as long as possible. It is imperative that you understand this. We cannot fully succeed.
Furthermore, I will not reveal to you what exactly is going to happen, because no matter how much you will protest against this - your minds are not capable of understanding, just yet.
I apologise for my vagueness, but this is how much I will tell you for this time. If you develop, I will reveal more. If not, I won't. It is as simple as that. And please, by all means, do not turn tail and flee now."
They registered a faint flicker in the intensity of the light from him in general. As if a slight burst of energy surged through him, or his mood changed.
Either way, it would probably be best - for their own good - not to leave now. Something in that utterly neutral and apathetic expression told them that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Qaliath remained unmoving and silent through Skyborn's speech, listening carefully and gently tapping her cheek with fingertips.
Going to the Eye. Just the travel across the surrounding it forest can be lethal.
Shaking her head slightly, woman let out soft sigh, when Cay fell silent.
" By this time I'm probably being searched for. There's no way I could go back. Neither do I want. No matter, how much either of you not trust anyone, you have my word - I will be here, standing by your side. That you can count on, don't have to be my best friend forever."
She flashed a short smile and placed the flask back into her shoulder bag, looking up to the tree.
" Just I'll have to give our poison-affected companions a small briefing, before we enter the jungle. Will save me and everyone else a trouble."
That escaped her quietly, in deep thoughts, and afterwards woman fell silent.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 am

Davon didn't miss a thing, he saw how quick the Trikkr gloved his right hand.

Hiding something, are we?

"We are going to the Eye" said the Skyborn, the words cought Davon by surprise. Finally they knew their destination.

"You will be bathed in fame, glory, knowledge and money. This, I can promise."
Davon nodded, this was the reason that he was here. He would return home redeemed or die trying.

The turaian waited for Qali to go silent and then spoke.
"The path is set, then." He stood and slung the hammer over his right shoulder.
"We should make haste to meet our destiny."

Davon had learned enough for now, it was time for action.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 am

Za'den remained silent until the others two had spoken, listenign carefully. He then grabbed his hat and placed it on his head with a dead serious face. Slowly standing up, he sighed and stared seriously on the Skyborn.

"You are telling me you want to travel to the most dangerous place on the planet, to a place no one ever climbed, for an unknown task to save the entire world? That is just Insane!"

With a glance towards the reks, Za'den took a deep breath.

There is just one think to do.

Pulling out his revolvers, Za'den raised them, and then fired out all six bullets into the woods with a crazy laugh.

"How could I say no? Let's do this!" Crossing the guns, Za'den smiled towards Cayrodyn. Smoke rising from the barrels just added to the scene. "This can just be the best adventure so far!"

Somewhere out in the woods a crash was heard, as an asha crashed down into the ground. It had just been flying around innocently until some maniac had started firing and as a result of mind-boggling twist of chance hit the beast in the head. Back at the resting spot Za'den spun towards the sound.

"Uhmm.. Whatever that was, it is not relevant."
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm

The eyes went from person to person, and upon hearing the end of the agreement - the volley of gunshots - the Skyborn nodded contently to himself.
"My judgement has not been misplaced. Go, get some sleep."
With only halfway to evening?
"We travel by night. I fear that we won't remain hidden for much longer. Go, go."
In a shooing gesture, he dismissed to their tents, followed shortly by him.
It was bothersome trying to sleep with the suns so high, but most of them got some rest before the Skyborn awoke them by going from tent to tent.

Due to being pitch black outside and utterly quiet, it was almost as if they were still asleep, but a wind had picked up which carried a note of cold, and the large tree by the camp was swaying back and forth, against the wind; indicators of them being awake, truly.

"Pack up the camp. We leave in forty-five minutes."
The reks seemed strangely disturbed by something. In overall, there was a general sense of something being wrong and imminent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:20 am

Qali would love to sleep more, since she quite enjoyed the dreamless state of peace, but it didn't mean, that she needed more rest - judging by the energetic moves and smile on her face, she was well rested, and only spurred everyone cheerfully into packing up faster.
Soothing her rek with the usual gentle murmur, woman lifted herself into saddle, after fixing up last few bags back to the saddle, and glanced around, remaining still and waiting for others to get ready. Somehow she didn't feel comfortable with riding through the night, but didn't complain about it.
He knows better, I guess.
With a soft sigh, she stretched herself and awaited patiently for the start of their ride again.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:01 pm

((Sorry it took me so long!))

Davon awoke with an energy that he hadn't felt in a long time. Perhaps he finally had an actual purpose. He had given up on his old life, but now he could finally right his wrongs.

The large turaian helped with packing up the camp and occasionally made small talk with the other members of the party. Small things like, "How did you sleep?" and "You should tie the strap like this".

When the camp was packed he lifted himself on the saddle of his rek. Davon hefted Tonus on to his right shoulder. The cold night air felt refreshing to Davon. He adjusted his glasses then snapped at the reins. The rek's reaction startled him. He looked at the other members. Qali's steed was relaxed but Za'den's was certainly jumpy.

A sudden shiver ran up his spine. He looked around.

Is it the cold air? No...A nearby predator maybe?

Davon thought that perhaps he should mention the reks.
He looked at the Skyborn and then decided not to speak.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:42 am

Za'den was quick on packing up his gear and readying his rek. He had become suspicious about leaving at this time, and his rek seemed to feel the same. Something was not as expected, and it was not his way to see it.

Riding during night? Are we folllowed?

Getting up on his mount, he noted that Davon seemed much more nice than usual. With a simple nod to the Turaian he readied himself for the ride, awaiting command from Cayrodyn.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:37 am

Quick wave, and they were off, faster than usual.
There were no signs of pursuit, apart from the jumpiness of the reks and the haste of the Skyborn, and they were left in peace for a good hour or two in the saddle. In the sky, both moons were visible, though Pa'le was more prominent than O'ne, beaming silver down on the white plains. Though, they noticed that the colour of the grass was changing, from white to light brown. They were getting closer to the Trikkr Technocracy, even though the border could not be seen just yet.

Above them, a flock of Ashas were soaring through the dark sky, dangerously close to them. If the four individuals did not fly past, they would have to deal with those sooner or later, or they could be ambushed.

Last edited by Marwonaeth on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Qali seemed unusually well in the saddle - she even felt comfortable enough to look up to the sky and remain like this for a good few moments, before returning attention to the night road.
" Anyone else thinking of shooting those bastards down?"
Even though her question wasn't obviously audible, in the silence of the night, it was loud enough to be heard. Shyna, as always soothed by her rider now and then, was probably the most calm rek in the group, but even she showed signs of being nervous.
" Oh I have a bad feeling about this..."
Muttering quietly under her nose, lady Exurr leaned forward in her saddle, resting one elbow on the pommel of the saddle, shifting her weight a little, which gave Shyna less pressure. No, the uncomfortable feeling of riding in the night wasn't helped by the Ashas following them by the air.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 am

Riding up next to Qaliath, Za'den drew out his revolvers and stared up in the sky. His eyes searched out the Ashas, as if to take them down with a glare.

"I was wondering when someone would say that. Let us then see if I can take them down."

He gave the other a quick smile, then stared up into the sky again, seeking out the targets. Raising one of his gun, he slowed down his rek to get an easier targeting.

A bit to the right, wind not strong enough to matter. They do move fast, so a little infront of them. There!

Once he had his aim sure, he clicked in a lens over his goggles. Taking a moment to give the others a chance to stop him. If they did not, he would just open fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Age of Discovery
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next