The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Age of Discovery

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/80The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:50 am

Following the conversation, the Trikkr leaned back against the wall, waiting until the others had said their names.

"I am Za'den, that is all you need to know."

Cannot trust them yet...

Leaning back against the wall, he turned his eyes towards the Skyborn. Of the three of them, he seemed to be the one that most calm with speaking to a Skyborn. Something that could be expected for someone that belonged to a nation that saw the Skyborns as equals.

A Skyborn, an Elsta noble, a Turaian, this could become fun, given Cayrodyn actually can help with my task.

Leaning back against the wall, he awaited the other tow to leave, remaining silent until they did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 am

She didn't stay any longer - as soon, as Za'den introduced himself, Qaliath gave men a short nod.
" I shall see you all tomorrow at the nightfall by the mentioned fountain, then."
And with those words, she stepped outside. Her quiet, quick steps resounding in the corridor with calm confidence.

That said, lady Exurr didn't remain as confident by the time she sneaked through the alleys towards her house. Entering the rich building through the back door, she suddenly felt urge to panic and find someone to talk to.
What am I doing? Cooperating with a Skyborn and a bunch of non-republicans! For unknown reasons!
This thought kept pulsing in her mind, with each step through the house becoming sharper and sharper. One of the servants spotted her and asked if the lady is alright - she was sickly pale and seemed nervous.
Qali sent the servant off, with annoyed expression on her face.
I should just tell my father. He will know what to do. Yes.
Nodding to herself, as she walked into her quarters, Qali came to a decision. She just had to wait for her father to get home for the dinner.

During the dinner itself, however, they didn't speak. Chancellor was in bad spirits, Qaliath herself was still too nervous. It took her another two hours to approach her father - when he was working in his office with some papers for the next Council meeting.
" What is it?" he didn't even look up to her, when she entered the room after a quiet knock.
" I... I have to tell you something. It's very important."
" Get out. I have no wish to listen to your work blabbering - keep it for the Council meetings with the Advisors."
" But..."
" Am I not clear, Qaliath? Your pointless science, as you call it, is good for nothing, but distracting other Council members from my schemes for the day when the Supreme will fall."

Qali froze on her spot, staring at the man, who she called her father, with wide opened eyes. She wasn't sure which part shocked her more - the one, that he didn't care for her work, or the one, that he participated in this hunt for Supreme's spot.
She stood there in silence still, when he lifted gaze to her and perked one eyebrow questionly.
" What, did you really think your Advisor spot came to you with your incredible talents? Please. I asked for it, just so you can pour useless nonsense into the Council."
Woman blinked once and suddenly pushed the table with rare vases, statuettes and other items of his collection, over. Fury, that appeared on her face, was of that beautiful kind - burning poisonous glare, reddened cheeks, twitching corner of the lips.

Servants leaned closer to the door, when the noise appeared. For a few moments nothing else happened - Qali stood there above the chaos of broken items and flipped over table, chancellor lifted himself out of his armchair and moved towards his daughter.
" You have a minute to explain your behaviour, woman."
" Oh, you want explanations?"
her hoarse low voice was trembling with anger. " I will give you one. You are using me. But not only you're using me, but also you're just exactly like every other member of your corrupt Council - stupid fat idiot, who can only see as far, as his nose grows. You fail to understand the importance of the medicine research, be it though human researches or wildlife ones. You are blinded with power and money and I won't regret when all of you will die from a disease, that I can cure, because you didn't want to spend money on the remedies!"
Servants twitched, when lady's speech got interrupted with soundy slap and someone falling over.
" Get out and think your behavior over."
" If the Republic doesn't want progress, I will find someone who does! Forget you ever had a daughter!"

The door suddenly swung open, letting the lady of the house pass by hastily - holding to her cheek, hiding her face.

The night came suddenly - Qali didn't notice how the time changed from ten to past midnight. She was too busy trying to hide a bruise on her cheek - slowly the red spot will turn blue and she'll need layers and layers of balm and powder to hide it. Even though not a single sob escaped her - scornful tears were stuck in the corners of her eyes.
How could I be such a fool? I nearly betrayed my own beliefs... Wanted to rat out a Skyborn. Me, the only person in this house, who said, that executing them is wrong...
Slamming one fist on the nightstand, she stopped wasting time on her face, and went to the servant quarters instead - stock of food in her house was big enough to feed everyone for a long while.
Within a night, remaining miraculously unnoticed, she managed to stash up enough rations and water-wine for two weeks of travel - divided for six reks, the weight would be barely noticable.
It was an early morning, when she returned to her quarters and fell asleep in her clothing, as soon, as her cheek touched the pillow.

She woke up to her maiden gently shaking her shoulder and overall looking worried.
" What time is it?..."
" Noon, lady. Are you alright? Oh my, what a bruise..."
" I'm fine. Ready Shyna and send a messenger to deliver this."

Qali lifted herself off the bed, placing a letter into woman's hand - she prepared it before going to sleep and it would arrange some tools and weapons. She only had to get some camp equipment and this was not a trouble - she had her own set of those in Kerren's workshop, for the research expeditions.
On a hungry stomach she got herself ready and left the house - her rek, Shyna, was ready, reins passed over to her by the servant, as soon, as she approached them. She was good at riding and keeping the beast calm - this one grew up under her personal watch, until it was ready to get a saddle. Never since then Shyna had a different rider, and neither did Qali ride any other rek. One would be right to say, that lady Exurr was attached to her steed.

By the early evening she completed the list of needed items - everything was stashed in the mentioned by Skyborn abandoned house, everything was packed up well and ready to be transported.
Qali had no chance to find and speak with the professor and a lonely letter was the only chance for her to say goodbye and explain things very carefully - without giving out her new "friends" or reasons of her departure. She left a good amount of her personal money for the professor, just so he could continue working for a while without any trouble.
Not to cause any suspicion, Qaliath even spent another dinner at home - as usually, in silence - and pretended to call it an early night.
Of course she didn't go to sleep. Packed up some spare clothing and warm cloak of black-dotted silver material, snuck her research diary (second tome) into her usual shoulder bag between the vials, medical tools and pouches. She was ready an hour before the time, but instead of waiting it out, Qali left early.

There was no one at the fountain, when she arrived. So she just sat down on the stone edge, with Shyna calmly remaining by her side, hid her hands under her riding jacket due to chilly night and was waiting for others. Now more than ever, she was sure in her own words, that she gave to Cayrodyn. She was at his disposal to follow - it was the right thing to do in her mind.

Last edited by Chloe on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue85/85The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 am

Za'den it is, then.

Davon left directly as the Trikkr said his name, he followed Qaliath out but turned into an opposite street.
The cobble paved road appeared as if it was gleaming, Davon thought. Probably his imagination.
He walked a good one-and-a-half hours before reaching his destination.

This one rek stables was a large barn-like building surrounded by walls. It was quiet in the night air and seemed very peaceful. If he had come in the day the racket coming from the beasts as he entered would alert half the city.

Davon walked as nonchalantly as possible, trying not to look at the stables for too long as every now and then he would pass a posted guard. The particuar guard coming up was fast asleep and in a standing position, no less. Davon saw the oppertunity and as swiftly as possible he tried to fling himself over the wall. He managed it after a some effort. His good 102 kgs made things a little bit difficult.

The big man landed on the other side with a wet squach as his feet met moist grass.
Davon sniffed. The air smelled of animals and their leavings. He moved swiftly and low to the ground, heading straight to the main stables.

Si- no. Five reks.

Davon froze outside of the stables' doors as he heard human voices, they were laughing.

Having a party? At this damned time?

Davon swung his hammer from it's holster on his left leg and held it in a two-handed grip. He closed his eyes and removed his spectacles He was trying to guess the people's positions.
Some more chattering.
Three men.
Followed by a rough, almost gutteral voice saying something odd.
And an eglai.
From what Davon could hear he positioned the men at the back of the stables. He couldn't tell where the eglai was.
Davon opened his brown eyes. It was now or never.
He stood up and slowly pried open the large doors of the stable. Trying not to alert anything.

At the back of the stables there were three guards sitting on small wooden chairs and playing a drinking game with some fungi beer. The eglai was sweeping away at some rek droppings. The guards forced him to work at this time for their amusement. One of the guards, a large man with a beard had just told a joke and all three men were laughing uproariously. Their laughing stopped abruptly though, as they all saw the large man with the black hammer standing before them. He seemingly came out of nowhere.

Davon's face hardly changed.
"Good evening."
The guards dropped their beer mugs and tried to reach for their blades. Davon moved fast and by the time the guard with the beard stood ready, he felt a hammer blow to the head. The guard tumbled over his chair, dead. Davon didn't waste a movement, he swung round 360 and smashed the spined side of the hammer's head into the sternum of the next guard. The impact was bone crushing. The guard bent over in pain, coughing blood. Davon saw the last guard running out the stables. He wringed the hammer from the second guard's chest and threw it at the retreating man. The hammer hit with a metallic-sounding thump and the guard fell.

He walked over and grabbed the bloody hammer off the ground. Did he forget ssomething?
The eglai!
He turned to find the servant shivering in a corner.
"Come here." He commanded.
The slave ran up.
"Tommorow, you will bring four reks to Emperor's Gaze fountain, if anyone asks-" Davon walked over and removed a badge from a dead guard's chest.
"-tell them it's for the guard, but I doubt anyone would bother an eglai farmhand moving a group of reks."
The eglai nodded.
Davon then spent the rest of the night piling the corpses at the back of an empty rek enclosure away from sight. He was able to get the keys for the main entrance from one of the guards. He then spent the rest of the morning and much of the afternoon knelt in the centre of the stables, meditating on the events of the last night. He had just killed three men in cold blood, but that wasn't what surprised him. What surprised him was that he managed to do it in utter silence. He didn't even wake the reks.

When the time came, it was night already. Davon unlocked the main gate for the eglai with the four steeds. He then mounted up on his own rek and departed for the fountain, the eglai would arrive first, he thought. He ,on the other hand, would be late.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue85/85The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 am

(( Sorry about the delay! Co-post with Teo.

Za'den waited for the two to leave before he spoke to Cayrodyn.

"Given that you seem so informed, you might have heard that Elsta military arrested a Trikkr courier in secret sometime ago. I am here to retrieve him. Well, more correctly the information he carried."

The tinker went silent to a moment as someone knocked on the door. Za'den opened it, just a little so whoever was outside would not see the identity of the Skyborn.

"Your sword sir... You forgot it in a body." A tiny servant was holding over the sword, seeming a bit scared.

"Now again? Well, thank you!" The tinker took the sword and placed it back in it's scabbard. After giving the servant a coin as thanks, he closed the door, and waited a little longer, before turning attention to Cayrodyn.

How much to reveal...

"I know where they took the courier and his bags. To the local garrison..." Taking out a map of the city, Za'den pointed on a specific location. "... Located here! I need to get in there, past the guards, get the courier bags, and clean up the tracks. If you actually can help me with this, I will not only follow you, but reveal one secret of Trikkr."

The others will have my head for this, but it is worth it!

Cayrodyn studied the map for a bit, the magical eyes scanning rapidly over the surface of the parchment.
“Yes, I heard... Local garrison? That's not far away from here. We can make it in less than an hour on foot.”
The Skyborn continued to study the map for a short while longer.
“Provided that everything goes according to plan, it shouldn't take us much longer than a few hours. How much weight are we talking?”
“Not more than what one person can carry.”
“Right. We do not need a mount to carry it, then. Good.”

He went back to the bed and picked up two, mirroring lenses – at least, mirroring on one side – and stuffed them into his eyes. As a result, they stopped glowing, and he seemed just as normal before. Well, just as normal as a perfect human with strange eyes can be.

The sun was just starting to disappear behind the yellow horizon, with the second one trailing right behind it, when they got out of the inn. The evening life was much quieter than the day life, mainly because the nights on Naecai last less than six hours.
Most had already disappeared, and only a few, late street vendors were out now, together with the night patrols. Apart from that, it was pretty deserted. Perfect for a task such as theirs.

They walked in silence all the way up the market straight and turned right just before the city gates, following the brown wall for almost half an hour.
Only when they had reached another squatter settlement, Cay indulged Za'den in his plan.

“If memory serves me right, the barracks is not the most heavily defended one. There is an outer and an inner wall before the actual building. I'd estimate, about two guards at each gate. Shouldn't be a problem.”
The Skyborn flashed a short grin, and continued at the hasty pace. Even now, Za'den must admit that he had vitality as well as intelligence.

The two continued to quickly walk through the streets. The few merchants around seemed too tired to look in the way of the odd duo passing them. As the two got closer to the barracks the Trikkr turned his head towards the Skyborn.

"Any clue exactly how dangerous this adventure you're dragging us into is?"

"Quite." Cayrodyn replied with a smile, one which Za'den copied.

"Ecxellent!"

As they reached the barracks, they stopped on the street. Examining the gate through his goggles, Za'den spotted two guards, that currently was in the shadow of the wall and thus not seen from any local watchpost.

"Let me handle those two." The tinker said, getting a nod as response from the Skyborn.

Over at the guard post, the two guards was playing a gave of dice about some small coins. Nights of nothing happening on the post had made them a bit lazy. During the game someone came walking up to them, stopping behind one of them. The other guard got up on his feet, glaring on the civilian.

"What do you want, citizen?! You better have a reason to disturb us!"

"I have! A man has been murdered!" The civilian replied, fear in his voice as he took a step closer.

"What?! Where?" The guard looked around. He considered calling for more, but if the captain was taking a nap, he would never be forgiven for it. "Speak up!"

"Here." A knife went into the guard's throat. His last thought was why his friend had not assisted him.

Za'den pushed the still sitting guard down. A knife was stuck in the spine of the man, and the only reason the other guard had not notices was due to the man already sitting down lazily. Signing for Cay to come over to the gate, Za'den took the keys from one of the men.

The man came over quickly and hid the bodies in the shadows. In the complete darkness, the mirrored lens were unable to mask the glow completely, so his eyes could be seen in the blackness – however, they weren't the flaring torches like before, which was at least something.

Fortunately, the aggravated speech of the now dead guard wasn't enough to alert the rest, and they were given free passage to the next gate. There were surprisingly little patrols, and oddly enough, there was only one guard at the inner gate, who seemed to be fast asleep, despite standing up.

Za'den was quick to react, however Cay was quicker, pulling the Trikkr backwards before he could murder the guard.
In a hushed whisper, Cay told him why.

“If the other comes back while you're doing what's necessary, the alarm will be sounded. Follow my lead.”
The Skyborn pulled down the draping hood, masking his face, and instead of sneaking right past, he threw a small packet of something liquid at the torch above the gate. With a quiet fizz, it went out, and in complete blackness, he snuck past the guard and into the small yard in front of the building.

Following the Skyborn into the inner yard, Za'den quickly scanned the area. The yard was for now empty, but a patrol could pass by any moment. Pointing on a window above them, Za'den picked out a piece of rope with a hook on one end from his bag. He tossed it up to an ornament on the wall where it got a good hold, and then started climbing while Cay stayed below.

Reaching the window, he silently picked the lock, before climbing in. Well inside the room a guard was sleeping on his post, until a knife made the sleep a bit more permanent. Continuing looking around, the tinker found a desk with a lot of papers on it. Looking through it he found something he needed and put it in a pouch on his belt. A few other notes followed as well.

"Now to find the courier..." he muttered as he left the room and started sneaking away.

He passed silently through several corridors and stairs, barely avoiding the guards. When he finally reached the prison he was met by an even less welcoming sight.

"By the... They're barbarians..."

In a cage, the courier was sitting, his legs and arms broken, several cut wounds covering his body. He looked up as Za'den entered, but his eyes did not show any hope. Removing the glove from his right hand, Za'den revealed a tattoo in the form of a red cog.

"I am sorry, but I need to know. Did you reveal anything?"

"No... I did n-not... The cipher is... Safe..." The man was barely able to speak, the torture had gone too far. "Pl-please... End me... Clean shot."

Za'den sighed and drew out one of his revolvers, placing it against the man's forehead. This was by far the hardest part of the job. With his free hand he took out a heavy, oddlooking device and placed next to the man, before pushing down a few buttons.

"May your mind join the free, may you inspire new deeds. May your body not hinder it."

A gunshot echoed through the building. When the guards found the dead Trikkri courier, the shooter was long gone. But he had left an omniously ticking farewell gift.
Outside the building Za'den passed Cayrodyn, only stopping to say one sentence:
"Get out of here."

“Did you have to?” the Skyborn grunted disapprovingly as they were a good distance away, the plume of smoke licking the sky greedily. The streets, of course, had been unsettled initially, but once the fire was under control, people went back to their well-deserved sleep. Za'den didn't answer, only flashing a short smile and patting his bag.

Their trip was short, and they ended up back at the King's Ear, which was now empty apart from a few drunken patrons at the very back, and other, shady persons. Cay ordered two mugs of Ollismead, and they both sat down at the counter, with the half-asleep bartender directly opposite.
“Heard the explosion” he grumbled, watching the two suspiciously.
Cay emptied his mug rather quickly with a low sigh of delight, and ordered a refill. Za'den tried to compete, almost stunned by the speed of drinking the lethal drink, as if it was water. However, after bottoming the second mug, he almost collapsed from the ensuing effects, stumbling down from the chair. Cay laughed quietly.
“Go to bed, use my room.”
Za'den let out a slurred grunt and dragged his way upstairs.

The bartender still seemed suspicious.
“I've watched you for a few days now... Nobody, and I mean nobody in my thirty years of being here, has had as much Ollismead as you, and survive. How do you manage?”
Cay smiled briefly, but his emotion changed quickly. He knew that the bartender would spread the gossip, and the guard would very soon be alerted by the presence of someone 'special' in the city.
Luck has it, then, that he's leaving the night after.

Though he rarely sleeps, Cay woke up in the same room, in one of the chairs, as soon as the first streaks of the first sun leered through the panelled windows.
Za'den was fast asleep; he had passed out as soon as he hit the bed, but Cay didn't mind – instead, packing up a few things he had hidden, getting ready, even getting a few fruits for Za'den when he did wake up.

Of course, one shouldn't expect the Trikkr to be all fit and well as soon as he woke up, and he wasn't – hungover would be a mild term to express the foulness of his mood and his complete lack of energy.
Cay, while amused initially, seized his weakness to see what he actually retrieved, though he didn't find anything of major interest. Instead, he took the chance to do a few miscellaneous tasks while Za'den recovered with water and the fruit which he was brought.

By the time that the Trikkr came to his senses (though he was still more than groggy), Cay immediately seized the opportunity to ask:
“You mentioned a secret... Please, do tell me.”

They appeared exactly when expected, Cay first with the same, confident stride, Za'den walking a bit behind at a more careful pace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 pm

A few shadows passed by, which made Qali twitch, but otherwise the place was quiet and even calm. She was still by the fountain, when Skyborn with Za'den showed up - only difference was, that lady Exurr was dead tired and hungry. Which resulted in her sitting down on the ground, back to the stone edge of the fountain, and apparently napping.
Or at least it looked like this - she had her arms wrapped around her knees, head resting on one, facing opposite to the arriving men side. Rek by her side moved, it's head crowned with riding muzzle with blinds, and let out quiet, low hissing sound.
At this point Qaliath moved, looking around, and let out nearly happy sigh, when she realized it were her new "friends" approaching.
" Oh, glad someone is finally here. I was about to fall asleep. Think other one is being a bit late, though."
Lifting herself on her feet, Qali brushed off her clothing, watching both men curiously - what did they do for Za'den's task? Even though that question was obviously drawn on her face, lady Exurr didn't ask a thing.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:27 am

As soon as Qali finished her words to the two men. The eglai with the four reks appeared from behind the fountain, he seemed very confused. Davon had helped the eglai tie three reks together to a main rope which was then tied to the rek the eglai was riding. The three reks that he was dragging along were completely blindfolded to make the transit easier. Luck would have it that a garrison was attacked the previous night and the remaining guards of the area were told to report back, so the eglai wasn't stopped once.

"Uh..excuse me?"
The eglai said to the people as he rode up to them. His gutteral, alien-sounding voice had a hint of nervousness in it.
He waited for a response.

In the mean time, Davon was riding at high speeds through the city streets, he left two hours after the eglai. Davon had draped his ebon cape over his upper body to hide it as he moved, he was still very anxious after the events of the previous night and was more than a little paranoid.
Maybe someone saw him, maybe there was another person in the stables that he hadn't seen?
No, no...Davon shook his head as the rek leaped over a small carriage being tugged along in the middle of the street. The man tugging the carriage shouted back some curse.
Davon was still deep in thought.
I hope i'm not too late.

(( Welcome to page 3! ))
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:
The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/80The Age of Discovery - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 am

Leaning back against a wall, Za'den place a hand on his forehead. Looking over towards Qaliath, he simply said.

"Never drink Ollismead with Cay."

His eyes turned towards the garrison, but before he could say anything an eglai came towards them.

"Uh..excuse me?"

He sent the Reks with an eglai?

The Tinker looked around, seeking the Turaian, but not spotting him.

"Seems the last one of us will be late..."

Once again placing a hand on his forehead, he went silent. Dizziness was taking over again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 am

Lady Exurr eyed both of them with slightly perked eyebrow, when Za'den mentioned drinking.
So, I was stressing, nearly ripping my hair out, and they were knocking themselves out? Fair, fair.
With a slight pout, she crossed her arms on her chest and gave a reply, right before the steeds arrived with the peasant.
" Even if I'd think of doing so, I am afraid I'd stretch my legs out from just the scent of it or one gulp. I'm a la- woman afterall."
Somehow she didn't find enough courage to call herself lady. Things, that she did within this night were not lady-like. However, she quickly lost the thought and turned her attention to the scared Eglai.
Great. Just great.
" What do we have here?"
She stepped in closer, smiling to the peasant calmly, and eyed the reks shortly.
" Great species, would you look at that. Don't think you brought them for us, no? A shame. But lets make a deal, I will pay you and you will be gone from here as fast as you can. Wouldn't want guards seeing you with such a treasure out in the nightfall. They might think you stole those!"
For the better picture she should've added "Boo!", stepping even closer to the Eglai and passing him a pouch of soundy coins, quickly taking over the reins. He ran as fast as he could, as soon, as he slid off the saddle. At least he is alive and with some money now - he just had to hope, that man, who let him live, won't come after him for giving away reks to wrong (as he presumed) people.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 am

(( Co-post with Chloe.

The street-lights were enough to hide the Skyborn's identity, and it helped that the creature had something else to focus on.
Just as it scurried away, Cayrodyn stepped forward. The small blue orbs were fixated on Qaliath for a few moments, which seemed to make everything seem heated. It was impossible to read any emotion on the crystalline face, but there was clearly something that bothered the Skyborn.
But, then he suddenly looked elsewhere - at the abandoned house itself.

It was in a dismal condition, didn't the black windows seem to give the building the image of a face?
Something deeply disturbing hung around the house, but nevertheless it was easily penetrated when Cay went inside, inviting everyone else inside after lighting up a torch to provide some light.

The man took a quick tour of the equipment that Qaliath had provided, and was visibly impressed by the quality of the goods. Everything was in place, from the small pocket-knives to tents and hide-blankets. Everything required for a lengthy expedition.

"Good", he grunted, picking up a small, wood-cutting hatchet, weighing it in his hand for an inexplicable reason.
"I'm surprised you could muster enough resources for -this- much."
He flashed a short grin, and fixated his stare upon her again. There was something hypnotic in those eyes of his, which were directed at hers.
"I am curious as to how you managed, l-woman."

Qaliath shuffled on her spot, staying behind him all this time, and looked elsewhere. Just not to think of all the question she would love to ask, all the things they could talk about. Sigh was his first reply from her, only after which she nervously rubbed her neck with fingertips and replied quietly.
"I am Chancellor Exurr's daughter. I have money and influence. For my own good, apparently..."
Last part was added even more quietly, but then her voice lit up again, even though she continued looking elsewhere - either not wanting the eye contact, because she was scared, that he'll figure out her very close betrayal, or because she just was ashamed of shining her left cheek. Who knows, those women are weird creatures, afterall.
"Glad you find it for your liking. If I knew we'd need something more, I'd have, but..." and again her voice trailed off, this time with a light shrug.

He nodded shortly.
"No secrets should be kept."
His eyes went skyward for a moment. Slowly, a smile broadened on his lips, but before any questions could be raised, he turned his back on her and went back outside.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 am

The eglai thought about Qali's offer. He so wanted to get this off his shoulders, the silver was just the icing on the cake. The eglai quickly took the bag of coin and dismounted the saddle before disappearing into an alleyway with a quick thank you. Just as it scurried away, Cayrodyn focused his eyes on Qaliath.

At the same time, Davon was still riding. He was moving at very fast speeds. Every time there was an obstacle in the way he would pull up on the reins and the rek would jump, the harder he pulled, the higher it leaped. Basic rek instruct, he thought. Pulling left would make it turn left, pulling right, right. The harder the pull, the sharper the turn or higher the jump. Speed modulation was also simple, the harder the reins were tugged at in general, the faster the beast would move. Since reks were intelligent domestic animals they could be taught differently, the military variation of rek instruct for example, was very different.

Davon sped past a fruit vendor, an old woman walking with two lumbering goloves and a few children playing tag.

He saw the fountain's courtyard coming up. He wasn't too late after all.
Here we are, I hope the eglai completed his task.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:12 am

As Cayrodyn came outside, Za'den was still standing by the same wall, looking like he had not moved at all. That illusion was however broken was fast as he started to speak.

"Exurr... Quite a name."

Carefully moving, Za'den slowly approached the reks. He carefully walked around them, choosing one that he then approached slowly. Going down to the rek's height, he petted it carefully and made sure it learnt to know him.

"I'll take this one. Now we just need the last man."

Just moments afterwards, Davon arrived.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:30 am

Qaliath pouted shortly, carrying few neatly packed bags out and moving towards her rek to fix the bags on the saddle. Obviously Za'den's comment didn't go unnoticed.
" Is this your favourite time spending? Listening to the uninvited conversations?"
Oh, she can actually show some fangs, even with words. Feisty woman, nonetheless. The glare, she gave the man, was the same burning angry, which however faded with her eyerolling and going back to the building, talking on the way.
" Not the name, that makes us. I'd much rather prefer being addressed to by my first name, than being reminded of the fact, that I'm this bastard's daughter, thank you very much. Or if the need will arise, I will continue using Xeth as I did all this time before."
Her voice trailed off, when she disappeared inside, and the speech continued again, when she showed up outside with another bunch of bags.
" Oh, and if you're having some funny thoughts, about my importance to the Council and amount of coins you could earn for my persona - forget it."
Seems like she got really annoyed. With a low grumble, lady Exurr fixed last amount of bags, that Shyna could carry, and lifted herself into saddle, sitting there in proud silence, staring to the side.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Mounted on the rek, Za'den seemed a little more controlled. Happy to not stand up when all went dizzy again. Once his head cleared he looked over to the woman, now ready with a response.

"Let us break that up then. First: fine, I'll call you Qali. Second: eavesdropping is not a hobby of mine. More like a profession. Och, and third: not even the council in this place pays for you? So much for titles."

Taking a deep breath, his slightly crazed smile returned. Temporary he left the sickness behind and looked forward to the adventure. This could become a great journey.

"Well then Qali, if what you seek is to set titles and ranks aside, so be it. Just hope you know how to survive outside the city!"

Snickering, he ordered his rek towards the house, as it was time to load it with equipment.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Davon arrived at what seemed to be a bad time, Qali and Za'den where arguing about something.
Probably something useless.
The Turaian dismounted his steed looking around. He noticed right away from the number of reks around that the eglai completed it's task.

"Am I late? Have I missed anything?" The merc almost sounded sarcastic.

Davon pulled off his large black cloak clearly exposing his arms and the strange, black markings scarred into them. The hammer was in it's holster and his spectacles in their pouch.

He folded up the cloak and draped it over his left shoulder looking for something to help with as he waited for a response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Oh how I want to smack his head in...
Qaliath let out long meaningful sigh, crossing arms on her chest.
" Well, the council here is a bunch of morons, who only care for the size of their money pouch. If not for that, the quality of the medicine in this place would've jumped long time ago. And I, being among the best researchers here, am nothing, but useless asset in the high politics. Happy?"
Nope, she wasn't done yet, it seems. Especially now, that he gave her a response. Thus, she carried on.
" No, I spent years and years researching the wildlife outside of the city, I have no clue how to survive there, despite all the expeditions."
At this point Davon joined in the conversation, which made her eyeroll and sigh again.
" No, no, nothing much. Just discussing my importance to the Republic as a hostage in case Za'den decides he needs money. Luckily for me, noone needs me here, apart from my own workers and common people. Those, keep in mind, who don't get to decide, how far my work goes."
She waved her hand, giving out another tired sigh, and glared at Davon shortly.
" Well, don't you just stand there, go load the stuff on the steeds."

Another minute or two passed, while men were busy with the supplies - she had time to chill down and go back into better spirits. Which of course didn't go unnoticed and Qaliath even let them know about it.
" I'm sorry, if I overreacted. Had a bad day."
Well, at least she can admit her own mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 am

Cayrodyn stalked out just in the right time, it seemed, immediately after she had apologised.
"Good, you're getting along nicely. Come, come, we are not staying here permanently. Have you finished loading?"
The blue eyes befell the lady.
She shrugged lightly, and they both watched the last bag being loaded onto one of the reptilian steeds.

"Excellent. Mount up, we're leaving."
They were quick to comply, each of them eager to get out of this city and off to their promised 'adventure'.

The Skyborn led the way, skilfully navigating his green steed through the narrow street with an obvious sense of direction, and before they could count to thirty, they were passing the last hut before the road towards the North.
They travelled the entire night, as fast as the loaded reks could do, and Cay clearly had no intentions to stop for the night - he pressed them all on with verbal whiplashes, though none of them were direct - he was very clever at masking his imperatives under the guise of motivational comments.
It worked, to some extent - sure, none of them liked not sleeping during night, and it was tiring sitting in the saddle of the swaying beasts for several hours, but they made much progress, and as the first streaks of light broke through the thick layer of grey clouds above, they entered the small farming village of Uldros' Corner.
Small, idyllic and full of uneducated farmers. Perfect to mask their intentions.

Cay lead them all the way to the only inn in town, where he ordered a stable-boy to tend to the exhausted mounts, and then rented four rooms. Before he disappeared into one of the aforementioned room, he informed them that they had six hours before they left again. That included food, sleep, and getting ready.
Without a doubt, Cay was (for some reason) very eager to get on the road, as if a flurry of knives was pursuing him. Which, judging by his haste, couldn't be far from the truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:11 pm

All the way through Qaliath was silent - she seemed even more tired than her companions, few times nearly falling asleep in the saddle. Luckily for her, she was too good on this particular rek, which kept her safe and somewhat focused. Barely any sleep the night before their departure was no good. And especially the fact, that she had no food since the dinner a night before, wasn't helping either.
So, when they finally stopped, only noise she made, was near painful groan, when she slid off the saddle - for a couple of moments she stood there, rubbing her sleeping calf - ladies saddle, not the best invention for a long trip. Didn't help much, so she just limped, with proudly lifted chin anyways.

Instead of going straight for bed, though, she remained in the hall and found her seat behind one of the tables, tiredly resting her head on her opened palm, partially hiding half of her face (yes, the one with the blueish bruise). Innkeeper himself came up to her, since visitors here this early were rare thing and Qali looked like someone, who'd pay well for some good service. Lady Exurr just muttered something warm to eat and threw some shining silver coins on the table. More, than she'd have to pay for the meal, which of course made the innkeeper scurry to slap the kitchen staff into work.
Qali couldn't say, that content of the plate looked anywhere close to eatable. But then again, she was used to neat and delicate cooking of her servants at home. As she was about to stick the two-pronged fork into a slice of meat, the stairs seemed to invite someone downstairs. Qaliath lifted her glance, then gestured the innkeeper back to her and added to the coins another few.
" Repeat that for him too."
She pointed her pinky towards Davon, who appeared on the stairs, and only then returned attention to her food. Truly trying to keep a straight face, while eating, she did so slowly, chewing each peace with no energy remaining.

No talk was given - both just eating in silence, which suited Davon, of course, and Qali didn't seem to care much, since her eyes were somewhere else, but the man or the plate. As soon, as she was done, lady Exurr lifted herself off the seat, wished Davon a good sleep, and disappeared upstairs. Only slammed door and complete silence followed her.
She fell asleep fast, as soon, as her head touched the pillow, just like the previous morning of few hours sleep. Just a calm, dreamless sleep, which wasn't as long, as she'd love for it to be.

She woke up with a thought, that she was late and they already just left. In panic she got herself dressed, ran her fingers through her hair to fix a mess, which didn't help of course, grabbed her belongings and flew out of the room.
To her surprise, she found all reks in place, when she reached the stables. And no sign of her companions yet. Did they sleep in or she was early?
Slowly pulling her rek-hide jacket on, she glanced around and twitched on a quiet sound somewhere behind Cay's rek. Her bag over her shoulder, both scabbard and holster in her left hand and belt in the right one (she hoped to finish gearing up on the way), Qali quietly walked around to find where the noise was coming from.

It were two peasants - Eglai and human. First one was trying to stop the human, muttering something about robbing the visitors not being a good thing to do, and the second trashing through the loaded supplies.
And it didn't take them long, for the first soundy swipe of a wide, heavy, scaled leather belt to hit them. More landed on a human, and the force behind it was quite surprising for a woman's hand.
" Little rats, I will show you how to trash through my things."
Her voice, deadly calm, but more hoarse than usual, due to her still being sleepy and tired, was more threatening, than one's yelling. She swung her hand again, landing another hit on the human's back.
" What do you think you're doing?! Get out! Out!"
As soon, as the two started moving towards the exit from the stables, with Qali mercilessly spurring them with the fast swipes, lady, not at all lady-like, gave the human one good kick to make him move faster.

All three of them, Cay, Davon and Za'den, arrived to that scene: two peasants nearly rolling out of the stables and Qaliath, in a complete mess of her appearance (wild hair, shirt free without a corset, blue circles under eyes), following them and lashing the poor two every chance she got. Of course she stopped, when the stables were secured and peasants hurried to run away.
" What?"
Was the only thing she said, upon receiving questionable stares from her three companions, and shrugged lightly. She sure needs some more sleep, in order not to collapse, though - that was obvious. However, Qali didn't say a word about it, turning around and moving towards Shyna, who wasn't quite pleased with the noise - beast's breath was loud and seemingly irritated. Exurr managed to calm her rek down quite quickly, though - even more peculiar sight, when she just stood there, murmuring something incredibly gentle to the feisty creature.
Those two fit each other, would probably be her companions' thought. And in that, they would be right.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:28 am

Along the way Davon was taking mental notes of the people they passed. Everyone, from the peasants to a random group of soldiers on the way to some far off civil war. No-one was excused from his gaze. Davon picked up the small details, the limp in the left leg, the slight clenching of one's fist. With this he was able to pass the time of the journey and hide the enormous hunger he had swelling up. He passed a look around the party, Qaliath was falling asleep And every so often her rek would stop moving.

As they arrived, Davon slid off the saddle. His legs were numb but he tried his hardest not to seem like an easy target. He was tired, but he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep without doing some thinking. Davon entered the inn and saw that Qali was waiting for a meal and that she had ordered one for him too. The meal was simple, yet energizing. Throughout the dinner there was no discussion, Davon didn't mind.

After the meal Qali said her goodbyes and left off to her room. Davon went to his. He sat in the centre of the room meditating on what had transpired. He was trying to remember everything that he noticed in the day that seemd of importance. Davon then slept. He awoke in about six hours, went outside to feed the reks, he was soon joined by Za'den and the Skyborn. Davon greeted them both with a nod. As they walked up to the stables, the doors sprang open before them, they saw a most peculiar sight.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 am

((WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF SANITY))

Arriving at the inn, Za'den only really had one thought. Sleep. As soon as Cayrodyn fixed the rooms he went upstairs and almost directly fell asleep, still fully dressed and armored. The effects of the Ollismead still in his blood.

Five hours later he woke up rested, the effects of the Ollismeand gone. Checking a clockwork clock that looked like it was built to explode, he realized it would still be another hour until they were to leave the small town. With a smile on his face, he opened the window, and jumped out of it.

Now, usually taking a window out is all cool and fun, but you should always check which floor you're on, in this case the second. You should also check what is below, in this case a wagon full of Pry'tem. Za'den crashed down into the wagon, ruining a few fruits in the process.

Climbing out of the cart, he looked around. Luckily it seemed the fruits owner were not present, and nobody else on the street wanted to stop a lunatic that just had leaped out from a window. With a snicker the Trikkr started walking down the street. No aim of this yet.

As he almost reached the edge of the town, he heard yells. Some local farmers were fighting, five versus three. Numbers were doing their part, and the smaller group were taking a beating. With a smile, Za'den prepared himself to enter the scene.

The three-man group belonged to a local farm, all three working there. They had came to the town to complain about that their more men-strong neighbors were abusing their land and taking their crops as "protection-payment" in this case a wagon of Pry'tem that was placed by the way placed under a window at the inn.

Their neighbors had been in waiting and ambushed them, forcing them to fight. For now it looked like they would have to take a beating and retreat. They had no chance against these brutes. Or so it seemed until some odd stranger walked it, placing two odd looking guns under the noses of two of the brutes.

"Do these smell like Coromith to you?"

The two men looked on him as if scared, but then fell down, loudly snoring even before they hit the ground. Za'den turned his attention to the other three of the brutes, signing for the farmer group to step aside.

"So, who of you are the leader here?"

"I AM!" The biggest of them stepped forward. A strong man wielding a wooden club. He aimed the club at the tinker, as if trying to threaten him. Two gunshots were heard and the man fell down, both of his knees busted by bullets. In a shriek of pain he fell to the floor. Za'den turned the gun towards the other two brutes.

"Get that rusty tinhead out of here, or die! And from now on, do not pick on the weaker!"

While the brutes left, trying their best to carry their friends with them, Za'den turned to the farmers that were quite thankful. Fact is, they seemed to be very happy about their neighbors friends. As they asked why he had come to their rescue, he simply smiled to them wickedly and replied.

"I felt for it."

Looking on his watch, he uttered a curse under his breath and turned around, rushing off towards the inn before the other would leave. Turned out walking slowly down a street and beating brutes were a great time consumer. As he reached the inn he spotted an open window and dived in, rolled and got up on his feet, in front of Cayrodyn that just had came down the stairs.

"Oh... Hello Cay. You didn't miss anything."

Looking forward, he saw Davon walking towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:39 am

Cayrodyn was quick and fresh as always when he appeared downstairs, just in time to witness Za'den's dramatic entrance. However, the Skyborn didn't find it overly perculiar, and merely commented with a "gracious", and proceeded to go outside, where he saw the woman chasing off the two rascals. This too didn't seem to startle him too much, and only provided an absent-minded "well done" before mounting his steed, and without giving any warning or what-so-ever, set off in a light trot, clearly implying for the rest to follow.

Again, it struck them as odd as to why he was so mysterious about the invisible enemy he was chasing, or running from, but he gave no indication to answering their silent questions.

The High Seat, centre of the Golden Citadel.
"He WHAT?!"
The thundering words boomed through the eternally high hall, reverberating between the dramatic chandeliers suspended from the invisible loft.
"Sire, sire! I beg your forgiveness, please, it will do you no good to be aggravate-"
"SILENCE!"
The heavy-set master sat on his throne, muscular chest raising and lowering rapidly. Despite being clad in heavy, masking garments, it was apparent that he wasn't healthy.
The golden mask on his face still managed to impose the fearful aura of dominance around him, however - a mask depicting a completely passive, yet strangely haunting face.

"It is I who give the commands here, not you!" the voice sounded through the thin slit between the golden lips. It took the ruler a few moments to calm down.
"When did he leave?"
"Two nights a-"
"AND YOU ONLY TOLD ME NOW?! Guards, dispose of this worthless minion!"
Two, gold-plated scythe-wielders stepped forward and seized the frightened messenger, dragging him backwards by two arms, out of the tall, runed gates.
The Supreme remained in his seat, one hand on the shining forehead.

"Two nights ago... We will never catch him. Unless-..."
A deathly silenced took over for a few, long moments, broken by a quiet, maniacal laughter resonating from the Supreme.
Another few moments passed with his demoniacal chuckle, before he summoned one of his advisers.

"My liege?"
"Notify the Avians. The Hunt has begun."
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 am

On his way to his rek, Za'den noticed that the woman was about to fall asleep standing, barely staying on her feet. Without a word he grabbed a rope and tied her rek's reins to his own reins, ensuring it would follow. He then turned to Qaliath.

"In that shape, you won't even be able to ride on your own."

Placing a hand on her shoulder he led her to his rek and then mounted up, letting her rest behind him. While it was a little bit uncomfortable, it was probably preferable than having to stop to pick her up after falling off her mount. Qaliath herself seemed way too tired to more than mumble some complain.

"Yeah, yeah, prefer being dragged along?" Za'den said with a smile, not expecting an answer. With a snap of the rein the rek got into movement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Lady Exurr, leaning tiredly to Shyna's side with her shoulder, was trying to fix something in her attire, so it wouldn't look as messy, as it was, when Trikkr took over her rek's reins. For a moment Qali stood there and watched the man with blank expression on her face, trying to understand why he would do that.
"In that shape, you won't even be able to ride on your own."
Bah, whatever...
Suppressing a yawn, she leaned away from Shyna's side, and right at this point Za'den placed his hand on her shoulder. Qali twitched lightly, giving that hand a short glare, but found no energy to protest and it took away even more of it, when she had to pull herself up into saddle behind the man. Considering, it wasn't her usual saddle, she had to manage still look decent in it, but alas, having to sit in that saddle in a skirt, without pulling it up nearly to her knees, wasn't even slightly possible. At least she wore riding boots, that went higher than that, but still not the most lady-like sight she had.
Muttering something quietly under her breath about this loss of dignity, Qali wrapped her arms around Za'den's waist, ensuring her own safety in the saddle, and rested her cheek to the back of his shoulder. Apparently she was tired enough to ignore previous unpleasant conversations they had.
"Yeah, yeah, prefer being dragged along?"
" Not really...But thank you."
Very quiet, barely audible mumble escaped her, but before he could even react to reply anything to that, she seemed asleep - breath calmed down and feeling of her presence was more peaceful. Luckily for both of them, it appeared, that she slept in the saddle not the first time and could keep herself sitting straight.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:00 am

Davon was quick to mount his rek. The beast itself was a redish-orange in colour with black inkblot-like stripes. Davon whipped his hammer up from it's holster and slung it on his un-plated right shoulder. He then started pulling the reigns and the creature began to move.

He examined the party. Qaliath was now riding with the Technocrat and the Skyborn was leading the charge. Davon quickly increased the pressure he was pulling the reigns and sped past Qali and Za'den until he was to the right of Cay.

He then leaned close to the skyborn and started to talk in a low voice so the others couldn't hear.
"Listen, I don't much like going on a blind voyage and other than that, I don't trust you. I'll let you keep those two-" Davon looked back at Za'den and Qali "-Out of the loop, but I will be damned if I let it happen to me. Tell me, were are we going?"

The Turaian waited for a response.

This better be good..
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:18 am

The Skyborn was racing ahead at a relatively fast pace, eager to get out as fast as possible.
They soon came onto the vast, white fields of the Northern Plains. It would still take a considerable amount of time before they reached the border, however the sheer serenity of the farmlands was enough to calm most nerves. There were no forests in sight, and the only wildlife in sight were the occasional flock of wild goloves and terrs, and the skies were often dotted with flocks of asha and few, other small avians.
It was so calm and sleepy here. Incredible to think that they were going to leave this place for the north.
Once the road turned from cobble to dirt, the Skyborn slowed down, and set the pace to a gentle trot, clearly indicating that he was happy with the progress.
Skyflare, the first sun, was at it's highest and bathed the plains in wonderfully warm light, whereas Skytorch, the second and smaller sun, was trailing behind it, as a second sphere of luminance on the blue/green sky.

Of course, when Davon approached him, the mood faded lightly.

"Tell me, where are we going?"
Cayrodyn smirked, and shoved a lock of hair away from his face.
"I am going to tell you the same as I told you two nights ago. You are not ready to know."
Davon spat to his left, "To the end of the world with that answer." He adjusted his spectacles. "Damnit, I want to know if we're walking into the maw of the void..."
"Some would call it that."
Davon suspected that the conversation wasn't going anywhere, and decided to drop it, falling a bit behind to the others, letting the Skyborn carry on as he pleased.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:46 am

Qaliath was deep asleep, not even rough roads could wake her up. Few times she shuffled behind Za'den and her grip around him became more tight, as she realized, she was about to slide off the saddle. Even these few moments of being awake, she seemed to ignore everything happening around.
However, at some point, quite late in their way, she did move properly, stretching lightly behind the rider.
" What, he doesn't think of stopping yet still?"
Muttering quietly, Qali rubbed one eye and leaned back a little, still holding onto Za'den's side with one hand. For him of course the question was loud enough to hear. She repeated the question, in a different form, few seconds later, as soon, as the last remnants of tiredness were wiped off.
" Are we going to stop soon, Cayrodyn? If not, can you slow down a little bit, so I can change the saddle and not whip the steed into catching up with you?"
Seems like lady Exurr was wide awake, full of energy, and, alas, in spirits to speak more, than just few words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Age of Discovery
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next