The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Age of Discovery

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Name: Nathan Black
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Age of Discovery Left_bar_bleue85/85The Age of Discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

The Age of Discovery Empty
PostSubject: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:53 am

Welcome to the very first forum-RP thread!

This is specifically for RP only, if you wish to post questions, suggestions or remarks, do so in the attached OOC forum, in which you'll find all related facts, too.

'The rek sped past, it's smooth tail lashing back and forth dangerously, threatening to pull down the market tents and bring down any bystanders unfortunate enough to stand near the path of the lumbering steed. It's rider, a desperate man following the unleashed beast as fast as he could, shouted out of his already strained lungs to warn people up ahead. Thankfully, it had some effect, and a wave of screams and shouts preceded the four-legged, man-high reptile.
Eventually, the man came to realise his fruitlessness, and as his own stamina was coming to an end, he drew the wooden handle attached to the brass-muzzle of his matchlock pistol, and aimed losely in the direction of the frenzied beast. He fired, the shot silencing the tremors and panic, and the beast, after an elaborate series of rolling and thrashing, came to a halt, outside the entrance to a large inn by the end of the market strait.
Slowly, life began to continue in the busy capital, and while the man was mourning over the loss of his prize-steed worth countless sums of money, uniformed guards finally began to appear, questioning what had caused the dear creature to go on such a rampage.
It had been the prank of a loathsome boy who had taunted the rek into pursuit, and whom had hid after the beast had sundered the wooden cage that kept it contained. Of course, questions were issued to why the man hadn't erected a metal cage, and a furious debate soon broke out between the authorities and the man, all while the Rek was lying in an increasingly large puddle of white blood.

Inside The King's Ear, the inn which was the unlucky receiver of a rek corpse, nothing had changed – the patrons were getting drunk on the beverages offered, ranging from the weak fungi beer to the almost lethal Ollismead. It was one of the biggest in town, with an adjoined bathhouse, and had rooms for more than sixty people. But even so, it was small compared to the sky-penetrating buildings of the Heart District – the market here was just outside the main city gates, so it was part of the infestation of rapid growth around Munion, capital of the Elsta Republic, the largest nation of Neacai.

“Can you believe it? Another Skyborn has been executed at the Plaza of Lights. Third one this year. Where do they even come from?”
The innkeeper muttered to his closest customers, a lowly bunch of workers and farmers, judging by their dirty clothes and conical straw hats. Typical worker-class people, just above the Eglai.
“Yeh, werl, as'lun dem ain't nuh bof'rin me waif, den me nuh care.”
The keeper shrugged lightly, and attended another customer.
“What do you want?”
“Ollismead, please. And-”
The innkeeper had already strolled away from the oddly clothed customer – he was wearing a thick padding of dark-brown leather, a short cloak in matching brown with a long, draping hood. He seemed weary, perhaps he was a beggar, but neither his accent or his appearance seemed to hint at that.
When the pot-bellied tavernkeep appeared again, the stranger hastily attempted to spark up the conversation again.
“Do you know the name of the fallen Skyborn?”
“Hahah! As if I care. Ain't bothering me, is it? Manilo or summin'. Here, drink.”
A poisonously blue liquid was poured into a dirty, wooden mug, which was slid towards the stranger.
“Right, right.”
The mug of the potent brew was emptied quickly, and quietly the man stood up and wandered over to one of the greased chairs, finding his seat there and idly watching the rest of the single-floored, rectangle room.

In the opposite end, something was about to happen.
A fight was about to occur, but the stranger couldn't quite make out whom it was, but judging from the two sides, someone had provoked a group of people, and they now hideously outnumbered the peasant, who with fierce determination and resistance stood up, bravely, hands curled into fists.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 am

“ I tell you, they keep refusing my requests. I can't give you anything more, Huegh.”
Man in his late fourties sighed, walking across the street with Qali's arm through his. They talked in lowered voices, which was more than enough for their conversation to remain unheard in the busy streets. Professor looked around through the lens of his multi-task monocle, trying to figure out, where from came the unusual noise of panic and havoc. As soon, as he did, they changed the direction of their walk.
“ I need more material to research, lady Exurr. I am determined, that we can get rid of the rek-frenzy and solve a lot of problems, if beasts will be operated from young age. They will stop costing insane money and finally will become safe. So many troubles can be avoided.”
“ I believe you. I saw your scriptures, it is a promising material. But what can I do – they never listen to me. Not even my father. It costs money, it drains the time. Unless we show them, that it's actually working, I doubt they are going to move a finger.”

By the time the two appeared on the scene, the frenzied rek was already dead and a bunch of kids were surrounding it with curious, excited chirping. Qaliath perked one eyebrow, letting go of professor's arm, and started making her way through the crowd, followed by her companion closely. When they reached the front lines, the guards were already questioning the owner of the dead creature.
“ I think we just found you a new material.”
“ It's dead, lady Xeth,” old man sighed, switching to her 'cover' name.
“ Better dead, than none at all, Huegh. Go back to the workshop, I will see if we can have it. Meet you later.”
And when the old man turned around to leave the place, she remained still, waiting for guards to be done with the rek's owner, just to approach him herself. Of course he was quite down and her quick, slightly hoarse, speech barely made any sense to him. At the end of their talk, he exclaimed “I have no need for a corpse! Leave me alone, woman!” and left the strange person by the still bleeding beast.

Now to hire a few workers from the inn – there's always someone, who will gladly do some heavy lifting for a shiny coin. With this thought she entered the King's Ear, just to find herself in the middle of another chaos.
Amusing, nonetheless, she thought to herself and remained close by the entrance, leaning to the wall with one shoulder and folding arms on her chest. Just a short nod to the barkeep, who knew her by the previous visits, and then her attention turned to the fight.

Last edited by Chloe on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Name: Sinquija Cidé
Profession: Warrior
Level:
The Age of Discovery Left_bar_bleue85/85The Age of Discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:25 am

"Foolish..." said the large man in a low voice as he looked backwards to the imminent fight.

"Hmn..wha' dat ya seyd?" The drunkard sitting to his right blurted out and Davon threw a look at him as if he was staring at a dead mius. He scoffed then took another sip from his mug of hydro. No alchohol for him as he might find work soon.

"Sey..why ya drinkin' dat? Don' ya wanna get a real man's drink?", The drunkard burped lowdly sounding like a rotti, Davon thought.

"How about you mind your own business hmn?" Davon said as diplomatic as possible.
He was still a foreigner in these parts and had to give the best impression for glorious Tura, land of the free.

"Pfft, foine" The drunkard spat back and wobbled off his seat.

Davon shook his head.

I really dislike this place, no culture...

Davon was once an enforcer back in Tura, tought to seek out any religious activity or signs of worship and smite it under his hammer. Now he was a lowly mercenary. His training still affected him. Many a time he had to stop himself from grabbing any person who used a religious expression or was carrying an item that showed their faith. He was still only barely able to stop himself from pulling the barkeep over the counter and ripping out one of his teeth for wearing a rosary around his neck.

He swung around on his stool and took a glimpse at the arguing men. Maybe he would get involved if things got too heated.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Name: Jonath Zaden
Profession: Thief
Level:
The Age of Discovery Left_bar_bleue80/80The Age of Discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:09 am

In a corner of the King's Ear a man in a dark leather coat was leaning against the wall and now slowly raised his head, looking up from a fungi beer. Before hidden under the rim of a hat, it was now revealed he was wearing goggles that was a bit more advanced than the city's standard were around here. A cog clicked and shifted a lens as the man looked around in the bar.

What is going on now? Za'den thought as he looked around. He first spotted the woman by the door, noticing she seemed more civilized than the rest of the citizens in this city. He then followed on and spotted the fight.

A fight now? That hardly seems fair. He sighed and walked forward towards the group. Leaving his guns hidden in his coat, he took a grip of an ornamented rapier with his gloved right hand and raised his voice as he approached.

"What is going on here?"

Stopping close to the brawlers, he stared at them through his goggles, awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:25 am

The situation was very swift to escalate - the ruffians, now cornering the careless peasant, didn't hear Za'den, drawing their puny, short-blade swords and crude daggers. With dog-like snarls and dog-like stench, they quickly drew attention to themselves, pressing the angry peasant, whom had unsheathed a double-bladed shortsword himself, further and further against the wall.
Before anyone could make a protest though, the fight began, rusty steel against rusty iron, and people began to back off quickly - though not too far away, since an armed fight rarely broke out.
Though it was obvious that it would end swiftly - three men against one hardly seemed fair, but nobody intervened - yet.

At the opposite end of the building, the stranger with an incredibly high alcohol tolerance had fixated his attention upon the man in a coat, eager to see his reaction to the ensuring drama.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:47 am

A bunch of morons.
Qaliath sighed along with her thought and looked over her shoulder - behind one of the tables away from the fight were already known to her four workers. They had big families and were always glad to earn some extra money. Thus, woman moved to their table and with usual calm voice gave out the instructions - men recognized her, of course. One exclaimed " Hey, it's our friend with the golden hand!" and they all listened to her very carefully. As soon, as she threw a pouch of coins on the table, they were quick to leave with their starting money. Of course, they were promised the rest of it, when they get rek to the workshop.

Lady Exurr took their seat instead, throwing a short glance around the inn for any familiar faces. Not finding any, she did note the strangers though - one in a coat and advanced goggles, and other one with the plated pauldron. Those two were most outstanding in the crowd - first one due to his attempt to intervene (which she hoped would continue) and second due to the mentioned shoulderguard.
Oh those mercs. Always hanging out here.
Suppressing a yawn, caused by the common fact in her thoughts, she remained still to watch the continuation of the scene. Maybe someone with a lack of family will die - always can use those for medical researches.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:37 am

Oh, what is this?

As the man in the coat moved towards the arguing men and the fight started. Davon lifted himself off his bar stool. He grasped the hammer he had laid to rest on the counter next to him. The clashing of the steel infront of him didn't even make him twitch.

He slung the hammer over his right shoulder. The hammer itself wasn't very large, about sixty centimetres from top to bottom, and it was double headed. One head had sharp, spine-like nails attached to it and the other head was flat and polished. The hammer was black and had several runes inscribed in it. They were very similar to Davon's own markings.

He removed his rudimentary glasses and managed to close them with one hand. He then lowered them into a small pouch on his side that snapped open and closed. He wasn't going to read anything now.

He then began to move. His stride was strong and purposeful. When he stepped his chainmail would rattle producing a sound he found rather satisfying.

I need a job, otherwise I wouldn't get involved in a such a racket.

As he moved up to the fighting, his brisk stride became a run. Perhaps someone who needed strong soldiers was watching. Advertising at it's finest, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:
The Age of Discovery Left_bar_bleue80/80The Age of Discovery Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:40 am

Hoped I wouldn't have too.

Za'den sighed and sneaked up on the first one of the brawlers, bringing the handle of his rapier into the man's head, knocking him cold with a heavy slam.

The other two turned around, but their drunk state become the bane for one of them, as he leaped straight into the rapier. The weight of the man however being too much, and Za'den had to drop the rapier to not fall. The dead man landing on the floor with the sword still stuck in him.

"You killed him!" The third man shouted. He had wounded the peasant, that was now crawling back bleeding, hoping the last assaulter would remain distracted.

"You attacked that man, and technically this guy did kill himself." The man in the coat stared on the thug with a sly smile. Seemingly expecting the drunk to stand down. He did not.

With a leap forward the drunken man slashed Za'den over his left arm and then punched him to the ground. His superiority however disappeared as Za'den drew out the most odd-looking pistol from his coat. Large and seemingly heavier than standard, with a lot of cogs and mechanics. A shot was fired, but missed, instead jagged into the roof.

"You wasted your bullet, idiot! Now di- uhhh..." The smile was gone from the thugs face as fast as it had appeared as two new bullets dug through his chest, piercing his heart. The surprised face of drunk was the last that crossed his face before he fell to the floor.

"Latest Trikkri special revolver do not only hold one bullet, fool. Ngh!" Za'den put the gun back in his coat, hiding it again, slowly getting up from the floor with a hand over his wounded arm. he looked behind him in the room, seeing if anyone planned to help him and the farmer or not. His eyes widened as he spotted the first thug once again up on his feet. That is, until a hammer hit the drunk in the head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Fascinating! The most amazing company here tonight!
She even chuckled lightly to herself, watching the fight. However, her smile quickly dropped, when the first corpse appeared. Innkeeper showed up and watched this chaos with obvious horror on his face - but he was in his right mind not to say anything.
Exurr gave him one short nod and pointed towards the first corpse with her thumb. Innkeeper quickly shook his head - this fella had family. However when the second man fell dead with bullets in his chest, both of them, the innkeeper and the researcher found agreement in their silent chat.

" Alright, gentlemen, that's en-"
Qaliath stepped in, lightly lifting herself off the chair, but didn't finish her sentence straight away. A small, jumpy looking man, in apparent panic, opened his mouth and shouted loudly for guards. However, before he could even finish the word, he received a wide, soundy backhand slap across his face. Results were quick: he fell silent, holding to his cheek, woman shook her hand with annoyed expression on her face, silence fell upon the hall.
Silence, that got interrupted with a hammer being smashed on the first thug's head, and a following heavy sigh of the woman.
" What a waste... Anyways. Enough. No guards, clean up the mess, continue enjoying your drinks. Come on, quick, quick."
Two bouncers started dragging away bodies, innkeeper seemingly was worried about the hole in the ceiling, life in the inn slowly returned to it's normal pace, where Qali stepped in to the "heroes" of the evening.

" My, my, what a scratch you have there, my friend."
Stopping next to the man in a coat, she placed two fingers on her chin, looking at his hand, covering the wound. Of course she glanced up, slightly perking her eyebrow.
" If you allow me, I can fix it for you, before it got nasty."
" Wha 'bout me?" peasant squealed from the corner.
" Silence, infidel. Your stupidity brought this upon you, go to the local cleric, before you bled your life out."
A little bit too harsh. Oh well, will teach him a lesson.
Peasant seemed to obey. Something was in her calm, hoarse voice, that a simple person like him couldn't resist. Superiority. Exurr returned her attention to the Trikkri man, awaiting for his reply.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 am

Things went smoothly and quietly.
The barkeep called an Eglai to clean up the bloody mess, and the chittering, clicking peon got to work with a mop quickly, scraping away what blood had already dried with an angry line of curses emerging from the tentacle-like vocal cords on it's neck.
This one in particular, which the keep referred to as "Mulohri" seemed dirtier and more worn out than the usual, with several, deep cuts running down the conical back carapace. Something about the way that he couldn't stop cursing and swearing in Eglai gave the impression of a particularly rough specimen, but he was largely ignored. He's
only an Eglai, after all.

'Intriguing, truly', the hide-clad stranger muttered calmly to himself. Before getting up, he wiped the corner of an eye with a small handkerchief.
When he rose to his full height (not taller than usual, but his back was unusually straight), it became truly apparent that he was no local from the city, possibly not even from Southern States. The protective attire was made of dark rek-hide, arranged in a layered fashion, ending in a tall cloth collar which hid his face from the side. The chest piece ran to his shoulders, where it too ended in cloth, same colour as the hide. Long, layered gloves ran halfway up his forearm, the material darker than the rest.
In the same pattern, his hide leggings flowed down to almost knee-tall sabatons made from a mixture of plate, chain mail and hide. They both sounded and looked heavy.
Clasped to his armor was a long cape crafted from the same material, and it was quite bland apart from a faded, silver-coloured threading running down the sides. A draping hood was attached to the cloak, which currently hid his hair, and obscured his forehead.
The most unique part was his face, however.
His facial features were softly cut; high, marked cheekbones which gave him an expression that seemed to beam both authority and care. His eyes, a shade of unnatural, sapphire blue, seemed like something pulled out from the skies above.
On his waist, there was a slim scabbard, with a gold-inlaid hilt protruding the top of which.

With a tall, proud gait, he made his way over to the fray, positioning himself next Qaliath, and made himself invisible until he spoke with a completely, neutral tone and with a lack of accent.

'I am baffled. Three individuals intervening with a drama they have no part in. Three people from entirely different nations.'
He paused momentarily, waiting for the three, aforementioned people to direct their attention to him.
'You should not be squatting around in the mud of these outcasts of culture. I am sure you all have your reasons, but you are destined to more. I can see that in the way you speak, act, move, breathe...'
Odd man. Who's he to just arrive and judge them?
'Healing can wait, the man will not die. Come, come. I have matters most urgent which I need to discuss with you. All three of you.'
And with that, he spun around on the plated heels and strode upstairs, not waiting for the trio to follow him.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:33 am

The Technocrat is fast...

After the Trikkri killed most of them and he silenced the last one. Davon knelt next to the blood stains as the eglai was wiping them off the tiles. His hammer's head facing downward. He was studying the people who joined the scene. The trikkri, the woman and that strange man in black. He didn't trust any of them because it was his nature, but he wasn't about to let them know.

"I am baffled. Three individuals intervening with a drama they have no part in. Three people from entirely different nations.", the man in black said, his words sounding smooth and politically correct to Davon. He passed his gaze over each of them as he clipped open his pouch and placed the pair of spectacles on his face.

He looked at the Elsta woman. She looked religious. She definitely couldn't be trusted.

Davon looked up at the Trikkri. He noticed his goggles and his bloodied arm, then he spotted the the odd-looking revolver in it's holster.

Three bullets, huh?

Davon looked back as the man in black spoke his invitation and started to walk upstairs.

"A job then?", he asked as the man was walking away.
"What's the pay?"
Davon stood, slung his bloodied hammer over his right shoulder and waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:27 am

Za'den looked over to the Merc and the woman. They both seemed very odd to him, then again, all in this land did. Closing his coat to once again conceal the revolver, he was just to respond to the woman as the stranger appeared.

"Healing can wait, the man will not die. Come, come. I have matters most urgent which I need to discuss with you. All three of you."

"What's the pay?" the mercenary responded as the stranger went up the stairs.

Well, worth checking this out.

"I don't think he will tell us anything before we meet him upstairs. So seems like that is the deal." as he spoke, Za'den turned to the woman. "I'll be fine for now, I got a scent of adventure."

With a smile on his face, Za'den nodded towards the stair, starting to walk toward it slowly, giving the others a chance to catch up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 am

Lady Exurr slightly jumped up, when unknown to her voice suddenly spoke up right next to her. Strangely for Davon, she didn't gasp for her religious idol or anything alike, neither did she show any sign to alert the evil, as religious people used to do.
However expression on her face was most interesting - for a moment her glare burst with anger, when clad in dark attire stranger invited them all upstairs.
" Why, are you ordering me?! Do you have any i-"
She fell silent midway through the sentence - man was already up the stairs and her two "companions" gave a voice. One asking for a pay, other one not very convincingly claiming that he'll be fine.
Fine.
With a heavy sigh, but obvious curiousity in her green eyes, Qaliath followed the coated man, just once throwing glance over her shoulder at the other one. Something was about his hammer, that she didn't want to keep in her back.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:15 am

Davon nodded at the technocrat's words. The man in black wouldn't divulge such information in a public place like this. He agreed and started walking towards the stairs, following the trikkri and the woman.

The woman seemed nervous of his presence. Davon cought the glance she threw at his hammer.

Could she know? No, no, just curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:45 pm

The room they entered was at the very end of the corridor, and was no different from the other rooms. One bed in the centre of the room, two comfortable chairs and a tall wardrobe. Simple, but effective.

The stranger, whose eyes seemed more blue in the dim light of the room, was sitting on the bed, patiently awaiting the group. Upon entry, he let out a pleasant laughter, waving them towards him.
'No need to kill each other just yet. Come close, won't bite just yet.'.
The person seemed so calm and friendly, but something in the slightly uneven smile and the excited behaviour told them that he wasn't going to be nice forever.
Out of nowhere, though, he revealed his purpose and intentions, skipping introductions and phatic talk.
'I am putting together a... Party. A troupe of the best of the best. For a reason.'
Dramatic pause.
'A reason I won't reveal just yet. Of course, you are wondering if I am deluded or not. Some would say I am, though I distance myself from such worthless claims. I just don't want delays.'
Short shrug, another pause.
'Are you the best of the best?'

(( Now, because this is more or less a dialogue, I suggest that you only answer with an immediate reaction and a response to what happens. When the moment is over, I will compile the posts and wrap it nicely together with a ribbon of text which will lead on to the next post. Go! ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Lady Exurr took a chance to stand somewhat in the first "lines", closer to the stranger, than two her companions. She folded her arms, arching thin eyebrow in a questionable manner.
" Lets say, that we are. Excuse me, gentlemen, for speaking for all of us, but I believe you have as many questions, as I do."
She tilted her head in a light nod, as if sealing for apologize to the two men by her sides, but returned attention to the dark clad stranger straight away.
" Even if so. Why would we trust you, here and now? You are not opening your cards just yet, but this is the vital part, where we could give you more... Sincere, so to say, answers, don't you think? I understand that sire here," she glanced at Davon shortly. " Apparently works for pay. Gentleman on my right might be just interested, because he seems like a kind to be curious about any work, that might bring some adventure. So here I stand, alone in this trio, who needs a good reason to hear you out. So please, go on?"
Seems like their group, if one was to happen, already had someone to do all the talking.

(( Welcome to the second page! ))
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:53 am

Davon was looking around the room, studying it. It looked as if it was quite expensive. Perhaps this wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

He listened as the woman finished her words and nodded. He then cut in to their conversation rudely.
"What the lady says is true. Although, I will only need to ask one question. The same question I asked earlier. If the answer suits me, then I will be the 'best of the best'.", He didn't even look at the strange man as he spoke.

I'll speak for myself, woman.

Davon adjusted his glasses with two fingers, waiting for a response.

Last edited by Sinquija on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 am

Za'den remained silent as the woman held her speech and the merc said his part, then stepped forward. Staring at the stranger.

"An adventure can always be fun, but I got my reasons for being in this city in the first place, so any reason why I should follow a stranger, a woman, and a soldier to an unknown location instead of completing my task?"

After this overflow of words, he returned to one of the chairs, taking out the odd pistol he had used before. Placing it on his lap, he took out a few tools he had hidden away. Placing three new bullets into the handle.
Clicks was heard as the bullets was put up toward the barrel by a system of cogs.

This better be good, they already knows too much.

Taking out a little oiling tool, the Trikkri started to oil the gun to fix the firing abilities. Not really thinking that these types of adjustments and maintenance was not used outside Trikkr.
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 am

The small gems in the eyesocket of the stranger went from person to person, and a broad smile grew on his smooth lips as they spoke.

'All in due time, miss. Judging from your straight back, your attitude and your superiority, I believe you are from this very city. Someone up high. A chancellor? An advisor, maybe a judge? No, not a judge. However, I know that if you've been awake and in your business for the past two years, you must've noticed that things aren't looking so good for the dear leader. You as well as I know that things are about to change. And taking the fact that most power-mongers are preparing themselves into account, ties are sealed and fortresses built... Doesn't look so good, does it?'
The smile never left his face. He appeared as though he was lecturing a group of children.
'And you. Judging from the scrawls on your hammer and your mood, am I right to assume that you're part of the Tura? Or at least, used to be. I saw several priests below, and you didn't exactly sever their heads from their necks.'
Short pause.
'Pay?'
Quiet laughter.
'If you come with me, you will not need money.'
His attention shifted to the ingenious Trikkr.
'I think it is pretty obvious where you are from, Trikkr. Adventure? Hahah, adventure, yes...'
He fell hesitant, as if contemplating over something.
'You could call it that.'
Silence reigned for a few moments, before he spoke again.

'And who am I? Very valid question. Unfortunately, none of you are prepared for the complete truth just yet. So I will merely... Give you a hint.'
He turned his head slightly and fiddled with something in his eyes.
When his face reappeared, his very existence became trivial and dubious. Perhaps they had been anticipating this, from the general strangeness in his nature? Or was it a complete shock?

The blue jewels in his eyes, which had seemed so extraterrastial and angelic before, were not just shining any more.
They were glowing a soothing, sapphire blue radiance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:18 am

Oh how fierce turned her glare, the moment he spoke the words to her - if she could burn people with just gaze, he'd be on fire right now, right here.
" Don't be ridiculous, a chancellor walking the streets alone with no guards? Good mentors and parents, nothing more."
Qaliath parried with obvious grumble in her tone, but it was obvious, that the words had their effect on her. She wasn't as happy with the things in the Republic, now that she herself was so close to the high politics. However, she did believe, maybe blindly, that things will go back to the good turn.
With boiling up anger, she listened to the man in silence after that, all the way up until he "gave them a hint".

One would expect loyal citizen of the Republic twitch for the weapon and yell out for guards, but she didn't. Slowly her one eyebrow curved up, as she focused her stare on the man. Obviously, lady Exurr was in deep thoughts, but when she finally woke up from those, a brief smile flashed on her face.
" This is most interesting day for the past few years, truly. If you are, who I think you are, I am yours to follow."
Unexpected words from her, no doubt. However slightly narrowed eyes are giving out, that she has a slight hint of doubt about her own thoughts. Perhaps hint wasn't enough.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:00 am

He recognised Turaian clouded cuneiform?

Davon was truely listening now. When the man said that he wouldn't need money if he followed him Davon remained quiet. There was something about this man. Such charisma.

Davon threw a quick glance to the other people in the room. He saw the fiery glare the woman threw the man. He saw the Trikkr fiddling with his revolver. He looked back at the man. His eyes had changed to a glowing blue. Davon knew exactly what he was now. He grinned, the first facial expression he had given in the whole day.

"I see. That's how you know my people's secret script, that's how you spotted the priests when I didn't, that's how you manage to make your words so perfect and precise." Davon slowly removed his hammer from it's previous position on his shoulder, reversed it, head pointing downwards, and stuck it soflty on to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Teorius

Teorius

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:18 am

A Skyborn? Most interesting. Not why I am in the city, but still...

Za'den put the gun back in it's sheath and covered it with the coat, looking around in the room on the others. His eyes stopped first on the woman.

Advisor... Could be useful for my actually task. If I can talk her into going against her own country

And at last, the mercenary.

Turaian in this city? A wonder he stays his hammer.

He raised up from the chair, taking a step forward. A smile was on his face as he looked on the stranger and replied: "This just gets more and more interesting, but I need to finish my local task before I can help anyone else. So unless you can fix that for me, I won't go."
Back to top Go down
Marwonaeth

Marwonaeth

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 am

The Skyborn grinned maliciously at their reactions, satisfied by their surprise and their reasoning kicking in.
"Not so sharp any more."
With a teasing chuckle, he stood back up from the bed. His movements seemed so fluid, so calculated, now that they actually paid attention to it. Truly, an amazing being.
The two orbs befell Za'den, with a slight frown.

"We do not have time. There is a reason for my haste. But... A Trikkr could be useful, especially where we are going."
He looked elsewhere for just a moment.
"Fine. Here's the plan. You-"
He pointed at Qaliath.
"We need supplies for a long trip. Get that, stash it in the abandoned house by Emperor's Gaze fountain, at the very edge of the city, to the north. Dried food and water, hunting tools, camp equipment, spare weapons - everything. I am sure your contacts should be able to help you. And you-"
The finger fell on the mercenary.
"Steeds. Six reks. One for each of you, one for the carriage and two for spare. Get them by any means, be it money, theft or bargaining. Doesn't matter."
The blue torches fixated on the Trikkr.

"You stay here. Together with me, we shall fix your... Task.
Right. You all know what to do. We ride tomorrow by nightfall. Do not alert anyone, and the Sky forbid you tell anyone of my identity and... Before you do go - your names? I will start. Call me Cayrodyn."
Even his name was different and strange.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:09 am

Qali watched him with obvious awe in her green eyes - one that of a child, who just discovered something new and amazing. She remained silent through his speech, not able to stop staring, to her own shame, of course. Whatever was going through her head, surely was of excited nature.
How many researches can fly sky high with his help! Oh, if only I could...
The thought ended somewhere on the mention of the steeds, and that actually brought her back to senses.
" Five reks in this case... I have my own."
As she turned around on her heels and stepped to the door, about to leave for the given task, he inquired their names. Now, that's where the struggle of thoughts occurred again. This time for just a short moment, with her glancing over her shoulder back at the three men.
" Qaliath. I will keep the surname for myself, if you don't mind, gentlemen."
And she remained still, looking at the other two - waiting for their responses.
Back to top Go down
Sinquija

Sinquija

Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:27 am

Davon nodded at the Skyborn's orders. Six reks it is. Davon already had an idea how he was going to get them, even though he had no money, at all.

The Skyborn intrigued him, but it wasn't his appearence, it was his manner and his movements. He wondered if the movements were learned or were he recieved them at birth?

" Five reks in this case... I have my own."
The woman was already turning towards the door as she said it. Davon nodded.

" Qaliath. I will keep the surname for myself, if you don't mind, gentlemen."

Many enemies, hmn?

"I am Davon, from the line of Samsar.", A very Turaian name for a very Turaian man, he thought.

He lifted his hammer and looked at Cayrodyn.
"I will follow you, Skyborn. For the lone purpose of finding fortune. You have my hammer, but not my trust." Davon then started to step towards the exit. He remembered the Trikkr hadn't said his name and stopped dead, waiting for him to speak while still facing the doorway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Age of Discovery   The Age of Discovery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Age of Discovery
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next