The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ashen Rose project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Indignity

Character
Name: Indignity
Profession: Priest
Level:
The Ashen Rose project Left_bar_bleue85/85The Ashen Rose project Empty_bar_bleue  (85/85)

The Ashen Rose project Empty
PostSubject: The Ashen Rose project   The Ashen Rose project I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 am

This journal is dedicated to the research on a particularly recluse strand of plant, aptly called the Ashen Rose for its colour and unique properties. My first contact with the plant has been made during an errand for her High Delegate Verranos, in lieu of my initiation to The Spine. What follows are notes, experiences and random thoughts about the Rose itself.

~

First Entry

Upon Lady Verranos' supervision, I was able to locate the flower in deeper reaches of the Eastern Plaguelands. The Rose hides itself well within the desolate environment. With sight alone, it is a most tedious task - if not for the aid of the Shadow (or Light, if one prefers; one's beacon is the other's void), it might take weeks to obtain.

Despite the energies it inherently contains, they are quite subtle until one gets close enough. Then comes the touch. The Touch, I should say. Horrible visions come at merest contact, whether by hand or smell. The first dream I have been induced with has been most agonizing - a choir of pure anguish, fused by wails of women, banshees and witches. Legions. They directed their voices in unison into the most nether reaches of my mind until I bled out every orifice.

Bleeding was the good part.

This demonic orchestra soon took form of vast bloody oceans, pressing its waves into my head. I remember no more, for which I am fortunate. When the nightmare ends, the Rose closes the curtains by cremating itself. All that is left is barren ash, drifting harmlessly from its contractor upon the winds.

The first Ashen Rose was gone. My search began anew.

During my exploration, I have found the most blooming Ashen Roses within the hollow of trees that were used primarily as gallows. The bodies were nowhere to be found, yet the countless ropes swayed unhalted in the still air. Most shrill air.

All specimens were collected using Discipline magic in order to retain a certain amount of their natural conditions (and to shield others from their effects). Hypothesis: Possibly containable with Shadow magic by use of a host. As yet untested.
Upon my return, the Ashen Rose has been placed within the Brill Laboratory. The project was soon taken over by my colleague, Chemist Nethak Endersan, especially during my long hiatus. Below are the most interesting aspects found during experimentation.

Quote :
Primary method of extraction - localized Power Word: Shield.
Same method used for preservation.
The flower reacts adversely to relocation.
Holy magic purifies the flower into what appears as an ordinary wilted rose. More research required.

Quote :
Important notes:
  • The Ashen Rose appears to support the Shield with its own energies after containment.
  • More power is therefore required to dispel the Shield than the initial cast.
  • Should the caster remove the Shield in an area unfamiliar to the Rose, it refuses to exist further and dissipates soundlessly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ashen Rose project   The Ashen Rose project I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:59 pm

(( 's all good, but I'd say it has a place in Apothecarium board Smile ))

(( Moved as requested - Marw ))
Back to top Go down
Viatrix

Character
Name: Viatrix
Profession: Warlock
Level:
The Ashen Rose project Left_bar_bleue80/80The Ashen Rose project Empty_bar_bleue  (80/80)

PostSubject: Re: The Ashen Rose project   The Ashen Rose project I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 am

Keep this up! I look forward to see the project/investigation progressing (if you manage to follow if through to some sort of conclusion - or even an event - I'd be mightily impressed and pleased!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ashen Rose project   The Ashen Rose project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ashen Rose project
Page 1 of 1