The Steamspur Company
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steamspur Company

Roleplaying guild at Piken Square [EU]

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josephus

Josephus

Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. Empty
PostSubject: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 am

''I wish to join your crew, sir.''
That is how he came up to me, he did not even take the time to properly introduce himself.
So obviously, I told him no
; ''No.''
''What? Why not?''
''First of all.. I know nothing.. about you.. you do not think.. we are called.. The Bloodsail Elites.. because we let.. all join?''

The dirty looking Forsaken looked to his left and then to his right; ''I was a carpenters son in life, sir. But I had a heart for adventure so when I became of age I had left my family in search for a life of my own-''
The Admiral yawns as loudly and obviously as he can; ''Fascinating.. I don't think.. I have ever.. heard such an.. eventful story before..''
''Sir, please, I was getting to the important part of the story. You see, I ended up with the Bloodsails, even in life I was already a pirate, you see.''
''Then why my crew?''
''Because I saw you there, during the Booty Bay invasion. Your crew was one of the few that did not fall for the trap, which in retrospect, I suppose was slightly obvious.''
''So you are.. only undead for.. a short time then.. I doubt you have.. any skills at.. the ready to.. be of any use..''
''Just give me a task and I will prove to you that I can be of use to you.''
''Very well.. there are a group.. of people I wish.. information of.. I need you.. to first infiltrate them.. and to keep.. sending me reports.. untill I know enough.''
''I will do my best, wh-''
''But before.. you can even.. join them.. you'll need to be.. of use to them.. I know some people.. who could use.. someone like you.. get a name.. for yourself.. train your skills... Oh, and find.. a companion.''
''A companion?''
''Yes.''

I send him on his way and have since not seen him, he send a report later to me informing me he had found a companion...

''A companion.. a companion.. what did he mean by that? What companion could I possibly wish by my side? Another person? A familiar?''
The dirty looking undead man struts around for hours, through the forests.
He eyes each beast, each living or unliving creature on his path, trying to find someone or something to be by his side.
Then he had found it.

There was a turtle, on the shores of a sandy beach, his left eye was bleeding, his skin scarred and his shell had a small crack on it.
A group of vicious murlocs were poking it with their spears and tridents, but then the leader had noticed our dirty looking Forsaken and yelled ou
t; '' Mrrgggrlll! ''
They turned their heads quickly and were now eying the Forsaken who then just remained calm.
He squinted his eyes and slowly took out his crossbow, taking a good aim
''Mrrgrrlll!'' They charged at the Forsaken who showed no difference in facial expression.
He pulled the trigger, one down. He reloaded and pulled the trigger again, another one fell and only 2 remained.
As he was about to reload for the third shot, one of them threw his spear into the man's knee, forcing him down.
One of them ran into a previous set trap, it's jaws crushed the murloc's bones.
Only one remained, the leader with the trident, he noticed the man reaching for his crossbow so he pinned his arm to the ground with his trident.
The murloc then kicked the Forsaken in the face and proceeded to claw at him wildly.
The Forsaken attempted time and time again to defend himself with his free arm but the murloc was too fast for him and managed to dodge all of his swings.

A crunching sound.
The murloc stopped moving.
Another crunch.
The murloc fell over, a large part of the back of it's head was exposed.
Behind him stood a large turtle, scarred and injured, his mouth was full of murloc head.
The Forsaken got up and removed the trident from the earth, he nods in a thankful manner to the turtle.

''Let's go, we got allot of work ahead of us.''

Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:24 am

An empty spot.

Where the Admiral usually sits there is now nobody.

The dirty looking Forsaken with the turtle approach it
; ''Admiral?''
He glances around, he sees a cloaked woman and walks up to her.
''Excuse me, I was looking for-''
She hands him a note; ''He left you this.''
''I see..'' He eyes it. ''Do you know where I can find him?'' He glances back up to where she was standing, but she is gone without a trace.

My apologies that I could not make it, I had to leave on urgent matters.
I am well aware of your progress and I have left you something that could be of use to you.
Go to the Undercity bank and find the most brawly and absent minded attendant, inform him a package was left for you and hopefully he will understand.

Best of luck

~Admiral Quincy Lyon~

He places the note in his pocket and heads for the bank.

It didn't take him long to figure out whom to approach.

''Excuse me sir, I was informed a parcel was left behind for me.''
The Forsaken behind the booth stares blankly at him.
''Oh, right, my apologies, my name is Josephus Darkwood.''
''FRANKE!''
''Excuse me?''
''Jo-jo-jo-jo-jo''
The Forsaken keeps repeating itself for a while before handing a wooden box with a red ribbon wrapped it.
''Uhm.. Thanks?''

He takes the box with him to a secluded area and opens it.
It contains a cutlass with a golden hilt, the blade itself shines brightly, it looks in mint condition, yet the model seems old-fashioned.
There is also a small note beside it.

-May it be of more use to you, then it was to me.
~A.Q~-

''Thank you.. Admiral.''

The next days Josephus did as he was told and started to make a name for himself with the Forsaken.
He helped them out in any way he could, from helping out the latest batch of 'freshies' to killing lower ranked Scarlets and Worgen.
The turtle was a real eye-catcher and it didn't take long for them to take note of him.
And before too long, he received a message from the people he was waiting for.
In the message he was informed his loyalty and eagerness to aid the Forsaken would be of excellent use to them...

The Spine.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:24 am

''We have to stay focused, we're here only to collect information from these people, not to get attached to them or die for them.''
The scruffy undead appears to be talking to his pet turtle who mostly seems to ignore him.
''That whole ordeal following that Miss Black woman nearly got us killed, well, nearly got me killed anyway.
I was hoping I could still aim a little better then that, most of my shots hit nothing but air, if not for this cutlass things could have gone very bad that night.''

The two arrive at the ruins of Lordaeron.

Josephus peeks his head around the corner, he notices that the Admiral is sitting in his usual spot but as he's about to approach him it seems someone else beat him to it.

It's an elf with spiky not-quite-blonde hair, he wears a mask and a dark tabard with flames.
''You let your crew write the letters nowadays?''
''Sometimes.. It's good to.. see that you.. are still alive.. Archrion.''
''What is this all about anyway?''
''I merely wanted.. to see if you.. were still alive.. to see how and what.. you were doing..''
''Well I'm glad at least half of that is over then.''
''Not happy.. to see me?''

Geis shrugs; ''I'm indifferent.''

The two chat for a while longer, discussing how their lives have been and making small talk.

''I understand.. you're a busy man.. and I do not.. wish to waste.. any more of.. your time..
But I still.. have one.. more question..''
''What is it?''
''Did you.. bring it?''
The Admiral smirks slyly whilst already reaching down a bag hanging from his side.
''Of course.'' Archrion takes out a green capsule.
The Admiral raises himself from his seat, using his staff as a cane he slowly makes his way down the broken down statue;
''Ready when.. you are.''

The wind blew threw the silence, both their cloaks wave wildly in it.

Archrion drops his capsule in front of him and the Admiral quickly follows.
Small spider battle tanks emerge from the capsules and immediately begin attacking each other.
Tiny bullets and nets flew around in the heat of the battle, but in the end it was Archrion's battle tank that prevailed.

''Curses! Damn you.. Archrion!''
''I'm racking up quite a few wins here.''
''I'll have to.. look into engineering.. next time we meet.. he will be upgraded.. and you won't be quite.. so lucky.''
''Whatever.'' And with that Geis faded into the shadows.

The Admiral returned to his seat.

Confused by what just happened Josephus just stands around the corner a while longer before finally approaching the Admiral.

''Admiral.''
''Ah yes.. Josephus was it? Did you.. receive.. my gift?''
''Yes sir, I did, thank you very much for it, it has already saved my life.''
''Good good.. now I hope.. you brought me.. something in return..''
''I have sir.''
Josephus takes out a stack of papers and hands them out to the Admiral.
''A detailed report on what they have been going through since I have joined them.''
''Splendid.. good job.''
''Then may I join your crew now, sir?''
''Not yet.. you'll need to.. stay with them.. quite a bit longer.. until this whole thing.. in the Bloodsails.. have calmed down..''
''I see. Very well, sir.''
''I will send.. you a letter.. about this report.. once I am.. done reading it.. Now, off you go..''
''Yes, sir.''

Josephus leaves but he curses to himself halfway out of the ruins, he didn't get to ask most of the questions he had, oh well, it seems it will have to wait until next time then.
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:25 am

He wanders around Tirisfal Glades, he took the whole night off from the Spine to make time for this, now he'll just have to kill time.
They end up near the resurrection site.

''Ah, Joseph, wasn't it? And who's your new friend?''
A friendly undead approaches the two, patting the turtle on the head who seems to quite like the random attention.
''Uhm.. excuse me but, who were you again?''
''Ah, you most likely don't remember me, I helped you when you just woke up, your mind was such a haze at this point, I am surprised but very glad to see you are doing well now. Word has spread on your actions on behalf of our people, quite nice work for a freshie such as yourself.''
''I see.. thank you.''

The strangely warm and kind undead man laughs light heartedly as if he had not a care in the world.; ''Is the Admiral with you again as well?''
''The Admiral? How did you know?''
Josephus quickly draws his cutglass and holds it against the other Forsaken's throat; ''If you dare mention the connection between us to anyone, I will have your head on a pike!''
''Calm down there, young man, he payed me nicely to keep my mouth shut, so shut it will stay. He was the one that brought your corpse to us.''
''He did? But why would he do that? He didn't even know me at this point!''

The kind man shrugs lightly and steps away from the blade; ''It seems like he knows more of you then you know, either way I have work to attend to, stop by at any time, Joseph.''

''He knows of me, Fourteen. But how and what and why?''
''Maybe he's still on his usual spot, let's hurry there!''

Perhaps it was because he traveled with a turtle that he was too late, but when he arrived, the Admiral was already gone.

''Damn the skies! What do you know of me Admiral?! Tell me!''

Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:25 am

His screams echo into the night, at first there appear to be no replies and he sighs heavily, as if air actually still travels through his body.
Josephus glances at his turtle and it glances back at him.

''I don't like this one bit.''
The sharp sound of ice flying through the air can be heard, a shard barely misses Josephus, it lands just in front of the turtle and it quickly expands, trapping the turtle in a block of ice.

''Who's there?!'' Josephus turns and readies his crossbow but nobody is there.
''He's cold blooded, this can kill him you sick motherless scumbag!''
''You say it like it should be my problem.''
A voice, female, but from where?
''It will be once you stop being such a coward and show yourself!''
''Eventually you will turn your back again to save that shelled seafood of yours, I'll come out then.''

He narrows his eyes, trying to think of a plan, but nothings comes up in his mind, it seems he has no choice but to walk into the trap.
He reaches for his flare gun whilest keeping the crossbow in his other hand. He fires the flare gun at the ice.

Sharp toes slice through the skin on his hands and kick the crossbow away from him.
He attempts to turn and elbow her in the face but she jumps back and readies her own bow.
He turns around, all he has is an empty flare gun and she has him directly in her sight.

The woman in question is a mixture of several different humanoids and possibly even animals, her bones are thin and obviously crafted post mortem by someone.
''All I have to do is let go and your unlife will be let loose with it.''
Suddenly she yells out in pain, and nearly drops her bow.
''How about.. you leave my.. apprentice unlife.. at least for now.. before I will.. kill you.. by overdosing.. your mind with pain.. it's a horrible.. way to go..''
She nods quickly and he waves his hands slightly, dismissing the curse.
Without any last words she darts off as fast as she can.

''Oh, thank you sir, I don't know what would have happened were you not here.''
''I do.''
He mutters several words in demonic and fel flames surround his hands, he sends them towards Josephus, but they pass him and hit the remaining ice instead, quickly melting what was left of it.
''You and.. that friend.. of yours would both.. be gone from.. the face of.. this earth.. So how about.. next time you.. do not scream.. in this area.. in the dead.. of night, hmm?''
''Uhm.. Yes sir, I'm sorry, sir.''
''I believe.. you had a.. question for me?''
''I did. I was just kind of wondering if you knew more about me than you have told me before.''
''Of course.''
''What? Why didn't you say anything before? what is it you know?''
''I know you.. are like me.. I know you were.. about to kill.. your own crewmember.. to survive yourself.. I know you are.. quite skilled on.. the battlefield..''
''You were there when I died?''
''I killed you.''

''It was the.. only way. I had to.. board your ship.. you see, mine.. was sinking at.. the time.. and I needed.. a new vessel.. to escape the mess.. that occurred..''
''Why mine?''
''Now now.. do not.. speak before I.. am done speaking.. besides.. you did not.. own the ship.. you were.. not a Captain.. Second Mate Darkwood. That vessel.. was the only one.. in range for.. my crew.. to get on.. we did what.. we had to do.. to survive..
Sadly.. your Captain.. disagreed.. so we had.. to kill him.
I had.. already seen.. what you could do.. I had already.. seen your ambition.. You used.. a fellow crewmember.. as a meatshield.. hoping to survive.. long enough to.. escape us.
We would have.. let you escape.. but odds were.. you would.. have died by.. someone else's hands.. So I killed you.. brought you here.. and gave you.. a second chance..''

''I do not know how to respond to this, you killed me, you killed my Captain, you killed the rest of my crew, just to save your own hide?!''

''That's the life.. of a pirate.. a life I thought.. you wanted.. was I wrong?''
''Damn you, damn you to the Maelstrom itself!''
''I saved you.. and just now.. I saved you again.. and you speak.. such words? I gave you.. a gift, a weapon.. that you said.. had saved you.. before. And I am.. offering to.. train you.. and place you.. in my own crew.. And -this- is.. how you repay me?!''
The Admiral's hands spark up again with fel flames.
''You have.. two choices.. either to accept.. this cruel.. hand of fate.. and become the.. greatest pirate.. this world has.. ever seen.. or you die.. right here.. and right now.''

''You are right, you always were and I apologize, I was out of line, please forgive me and train me as your apprentice.''
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

''What has.. happened to you?''
''A minor setback sir.''
Josephus stands before the Admiral with lightly scorched skin and hands.''Explain to me.. what has happened.. to you.''
''Well you see, sir. I tried my hands at explosives, only it did not work out as well as I had hoped it would.''
''Explosives? What else.. have you been.. practicing?''
''Poisons sir, I believe it is possible to combine the two.''
''I can.. already tell that.. The Spine has.. affected you more.. then I anticipated..''
The Admiral frowns when he speaks these words.''I'm sorry, sir?''
''No, no, don't be, we will.. use this to our.. advances.''
''Mhm, but as I said and as you can see, I am not that good at it yet.''
''I will send.. a letter to.. a man I know.. who will be.. of great help.. His name is Geis Archrion..''
''I see, and how will I know it will be him?''
''He will be.. an elf with.. blonde spikey hair.. dressed in black.. grey and green.. and he will.. meet you here.. on this spot.''

''Oh and.. visit the bank again.. the same man.. has another gift..''
''Another gift, sir?''
''Yes.. an upgrade.. to your armor.. stronger chainmail..''
''Thank you sir!''
''Mmm.. now fill me in.. what has.. been going on.. within The Spine?''
The Admiral grins as Josephus explains the events that have been taking place since he last met the Admiral.''Oh and Father Dusksworn has left suddenly.''
''Heh.. is that.. what they think.. to know?''
''Well I do not know the specifics but, wait, you already knew?''
''He and I.. we have our.. own arrangements.. nothing for you.. to worry about..''
''I see.''
''Now go.. do not loiter.. Archrion will be.. recieving.. my letter soon!''
''Yes sir.''

As Josephus leaves, an undead woman appears.''He seems to be doing well.''
''Aye.. soon he will.. be ready for it..''
''And are you?''
''Ready enough.. to take the sample.. I got a private.. room ready for us.. follow me, will you?''

''Show it to me and I will take a sample.''The Admiral sighs, clearly not comfortable with what is about to happen.He closes his eyes and mutters in demonic.
His skin begins to boil and snakelike forms move around underneath the skin before bursting out of his right side, completely covering his arm in the form of a demonic tentacle.
The woman holds a knife in her hand
; ''Try to keep it still while I take some of it off.''
''Am trying.. but hurry up!''

She cuts off a piece of the demonic flesh, it continues to flop around once it hit the ground.
The Admiral mutters in demonic again and the tentacle retracts into his body.

''That better.. be all you need..''
The woman grins; ''No need to underestimate me, Admiral. I have created near a dozen living creatures, creating this for you should be within my abilities.''

''Are you Archrion?''
''I am, why did you want to see me?''
''Training sir, training in explosives and poisons, can you help me?''
''We'll see.''
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 am

''Heh, in all the excitement of being taught a new trade I nearly forgot the Admiral's gift, I better go pick it up quickly.''Josephus heads to the Undercity bank where he finds the same half abomination he met last time.
The half abomination waves franticly
; ''Franke!''
''Yes, I remember your name, Franke.''
Josephus tries to keep a polite smile on his face.
''Mmmm..'' Franke stares at Josephus.
''Oh right, the Admiral said I was ment to go here, he mentioned he had another one of his gifts for me?''
Franke continues to stare for several moments.
''A gift, from the pirate man?''
''Franke!'' He dives beneath the counter from which he takes a large wooden crate, he has to open the bank's gate to fit it through.
''This looks quite heavy.'' Josephus takes a hold of it, it is heavy indeed.
''This can't just be chainmail.''
''Bye-bye!''
Franke waves franticly again.
''Yes.. good night, sir Franke.''

Josephus takes the wooden crate to a quiet quarter within the Undercity and he slowly opens it anxiously to see what is inside.
He takes out a stack of chainmail armor, it is covered in dark leather, when it is in his hands it doesn't feel right, it feels almost as if the leather is still.. beating?
He places the armor next to the box, on the floor to grab what was lying beneath it.
It's a double headed axe, made out of dark metal, it has a socket between the two blades, again it feels omnious and Josephus nearly drops it.

''This must be some intense magicly enhanced gear.. I'll be sure to thank the Admiral for this next time we meet. But why the axe? He gave me a one handed cutlass before and it's not like I can wield them both at the same time..''

He takes off his current armor and replaces it with the Admiral's gift, with each piece he slips on it feels as if the leathery parts of it cling to his skin like air-tight foil.
''I feel.. pretty much the same actually. I guess it must've been between my ears, thinking that the Admiral would give me some kind of incredible magical armor..''

Meanwhile in a laboratory in the mountains of Silverpine, an undead woman dressed in purple is extracting the sample she took from the Admiral.
''Come on.. don't play hard to get with me, you're just another living creature, may you be humanoid or demonic, non hold secrets from Doctor Whiltierna Weah!''
The half abomination arrives at the doorstep; ''Franke give gift to Jo-jo!''
''Well done, my love. You did a good job, we'll assume he'll be wearing it next time we'll meet him.''
''Mmmm...''
''Be an angel and turn that valve, will you?''
She says as she pours a vial of the ground up sample into another beker connected to a series of tubes.
''Mmm.. Franke turn wheel!''
He moves to the right side of the room and turns a valve, which causes the sample to be sucked down the tubes where along the way it get's mixed with a series of other gasses and slimes only to finaly be filtered and sprayed in a glass box containing a dozen eyes.
''Come on.. come on!'' The Doctor taps her foot impatiently as she stares at the eyes untill finaly... they stare back at her.
''Find the Admiral'' She says with a grin; ''And tell him, we're ready.''
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 am

''Ah Josephus.. how nice of you.. to join me.''
''Yes, I got your letter, it said it was important so I came right away.''
''Aye.. I need you.. to look at.. my hands.. I think.. they are infected.. and my eyes.. are not what.. they used to be.. think they need.. to be cut off?''
''GoJosephus leans in closer but as he does so the sound of heavy armor on stone sound behind him, he turns, but it is already too late.
The large forsaken named Franke smashes Josephus over the head with a mace, knocking him out instantly.
''Good job Franke.. now take him.. to the doctor..''

Josephus awakens, the room he is in is pitch black, he can only make out three shadowy figures, one has glowing eyes, no, those are goggles. They appear to be made to see in the dark with.
''He's already awake.'' Said the person with the goggles, she's obviously female.
''Oh well.. continue as planned..'' That's the Admiral, no doubt about it.
But the third, with it's stature, even though concealed it can only be the banker.
''Well, it will suck to be him then.'' Said the female voice as she seems to close in with a crawling object which is being held by large metal tongues.
Pain, intense pain and fear overwhelmed Josephus the next seconds.
The crawling creature latches onto his armor, it infects it, it comes to life and spreads around Josephus as if it is trying to consume him.
Tentacles latch out of the armor and cling to his face, they forcibly enter his nostrils, mouth, ears and eyesockets
''That's one, now for the others.''
Josephus blacks out again.

''To Teorius of The Spine, I want you to gather your men in Brill, I have a gift for you all, a new weapon.''
Teorius takes his communication shard; ''
All Spine members, meet me in Brill, I just recieved a note from the Admiral, it seems he has a gift for us, some kind of.. weapon.''
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:53 am

The Spine had gathered in the small city of Brill, they were waiting for a sign of this weapon, but there was nothing there, not yet.
Following the road, it finaly arrived.
It was Josephus in blood red armor, it covered his entire body.
The armor itself seemed to be alive, it had eyes all over it, they were constantly looking around, twitching, twitching like the armor itself would do, it seemed to beat with a regularity of a heart.
When he arrived there was a short moment of silence from The Spine members untill one finaly said
; ''Good job, Josephus! Nice armor!''
He just stared back silently.
Something drew his attention, it were the tesla coils atatched to the nearby labratory.
Lightning struck it and the eyes closed for a moment, he let forth a terrifying howl, it pierced the ears of all nearby.

He took hold of his axe and swung it wildly through the air.
Chloe, a priestess noticed how close Teorius stood and decided to shield him.
The light of the shield distracted Josephus and he swung at the shield instead.
It was because of Bearach, another priest's fast reaction that he could be pulled away from the axe's blow
''He's gone mad!''
''Why would the Admiral send us this?''

Morganos, a warlock send his Felguard at Josephus and they clashed, small sparks emitted from the collision between the axes and Josephus was pushed back.
A sin'dorei by the name of Djin fired a tazer like device at Josephus, the voltage itself had no effect on him, but it created sparks that harmed him, the living skin began to detatch from the armor and it yelped in pain.
It screeched loudly, it penetrated their ears and clouded their minds, vision and hearing.

The battle continued for a while, Josephus had the upper hand due to the crazy strength and speed of the armor untill The Spine found out exactly how much damage the light did to him.
Chloe summoned a ring of holy fire near him whilest Bearache sprinkled holy dust on him.
Teorius had locked itself in combat with Josephus directly, the loose skin had formed a gigantic maw and Teorius had to use all his force to keep it open without being eaten himself.
The beast screeched loudly again, their vision, sight and hearing became even more clouded and whispers would echo in their mind
; ''Kill yourself, it is the only way to avoid the horrible slow death that will otherwise await you.''
But the continued assault of light made the skin loosen completely off the armor and turn into a small puddle of goo on the floor.
Josephus collapsed to the floor, muttering incoherently as samples were taken from the ooze.

Far away the Admiral was watching the events take place with his spyglass
''Hmm.. light agrrovated it.. it still.. cannot be controlled.. another failed experiment..''He saw the Spine get up and march to his ussual spot.
''Doctor.. you and Franke.. should hide.. I won't reveal you.. so you.. should be fine.. I'll distract their minds..''

The Admiral sat calmly on his spot as he became surrounded by members of the Spine.
They interrogated him, Teorius wanted to take a sample, trying to make an excuse of wanting it for a different reason, but the Admiral declined
''You see.. I did indeed.. fund it.. It was an.. experiment gone.. horribly wrong appearently.. and you have.. my apologies.. I merely funded it.. It was a.. mistake on my part.. but trust me.. I only intend.. the very best.. for your department..''''We will file a report to the high delegate, she will decide what will happen to you.''The Admiral sends a fake smile at them.
''Suffer well.'' And the left him.

''This won't do.. they got samples.. -my- samples.. and when that.. whench finds out.. she will expose me.. But I know.. she is currently.. not around.. it buys me time.. hopefully it will.. be enough.''
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:38 am

''I ran into them.. with pure luck..''
''When?''
''I was going.. to meet with.. the cultists.. but they.. were there.. so I used.. it to my advantage.. I told them that.. I wanted all samples.. destroyed immediately.. I told them.. that they would.. expend soon.. and that chances are.. Darkwood is still.. corrupted within.. and that they.. should destroy him..''
''How did they respond?''
''They listened.. but I doubt.. they will destroy anything.. but to be sure.. I've already send.. my pet out.. to keep an.. eye on them..''
''How much longer do you have left?''
''Not sure.. but actions must.. be taken..''
''I already told you of my plan, it is not too late, we can infect all of them and destroy The Spine, along with all traces of evidence.''
''That won't.. be needed.. not yet anyway..''
''Good luck handling it your way, good night, Admiral.''
''Good night, proffesor.''

''Tonight I found out that the taint is still within me, that the samples that were taken that night will spring back to life and that if I act strangely, I -will- be destroyed by the very group I've been aiding for months now.
I can't help this feeling of fear spreading through my cold bones. I understand their feelings and I agree, one man's life should not stand in the way of everything The Spine has done or is going to do in the future, but still, when that person is you it no longer feels like a natural decission.
I don't know what will happen, but what I do know is that I must act against this before -he- kills me.''

Josephus looks over the cutglass giften to him.
''It would be ironic, or even poetic if he would die by the very blade he gave me.''
He shakes his head and laughs a little, a laugh that echos with dispair.
''But what can I do against him? He has become so paranoid over the years he would not allow me to even come close to him without him being able to end my excistance with a sign of his hand.
The members of The Spine are already suspecting I work with him anyway.
Miss Nightdragon was already asking difficult questions of which I could only barely lie through, but this won't work forever, something must be done!'
'
He stands up and walks towards a sealed chest, he slides his hand over it.
''Manners mentioned controlling it, could it be possible, could I controll the power of the gift?
If I could I would be able to do not only take care of the Admiral, but all of the people that work for him aswell, ridding this world of his constant meddling.
But if I fail it would cost me my own unlife and possibly several others in the process.
''
He steps away from the chest, shaking his head slowly.
''If only it were as easy as asking those who investigated the samples. But unfortuantly some of our members still believe the Admiral is trying to aid us.''

Meanwhile the captured samples have slowly started to grow, after a month of not having moved at all they are now using single cell reproduction to grow and eventually they will break their containers and merge with any object in their path..
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:27 am

''These will cost you quite a bit of money, they were very hard to get, you know?'' Proffesor Whiltierna holds a small pouch in her hand as she says this.
''The price.. is not important.. just hand it over.. we have little.. time to spare..''
''I've already send him, it shouldn't take him long to succeed.''
''How will I.. know if he.. is done?''
''I told him to make bird noises, so just be near the area.''

''FRANKE!''
''I'm sure I've heard that before..''
Says a Forsaken woman in robes, shadows dance around her in the fields of Tirisfal Glades.
''Mmmm...''
The woman looks at a bunch of trees behind her; ''Who's there?''
'''Mmmm!'
'
She takes a step closer; ''I asked; who's there?!''
The large Forsaken male behind the tree stomps his plated boots into the soil beneath him.
As the woman comes closer the man jumps out from behind the tree and slams his shield into the side of her head and before she knows what's going on she's knocked out.
Franke lifts her up and throws her over his shoulder as if she's nothing, he proceeds to carry her to the western mountains of Tirisfal.
He drops her beneath a dead tree that's hanging over it's side and loudly makes a mixture of bird-like noises as he darts off.

''Well well well... if it isn't.. Miss Nightdragon..''
The Admiral takes out a coil of rope and ties up her hands and feet with strong knots only a sailor would know, he proceeds by lifting her up with her back to the hanging tree so that she would be looking down to the ground.
Nightdragon mutters as she slowly wakes up, as she opens her eyes she can see the Admiral putting a necklace around her neck, it has a pulsing white gem in it.

''Wouldn't want.. you to be.. using any magic.. to free yourself.. now would we?''
''What the fel do you think you're doing?! Release me now, fool!
''
The Admiral ignores her words; ''I've heard that.. you've been really.. doing your best.. within the ranks.. of The Spine.. and by now.. your word actually.. has a strong effect.. I need you.. to do something.. for me..''
''You'll get nothing from me!''
''I need you.. to withdraw.. your report about me..''
''I thought you claimed to be innocent?''
''You truely are.. a crazy one.. aren't you? You believe.. the person who.. is tied up.. can ask.. the questions..
''
She struggles with her bonds, trying to find a mistake in his knots, but his years tying knots have made them perfect.

He unties the pouch he recieved from Whiltierna from his side and shows it's content to Chloe Nightdragon, they are seeds.
''Know what these are?''
Chloe remains silent and continues to struggle.
''Exactly! Your death.. you see.. these are from.. a rare plant.. found only.. in some remote hills.. in Stonetalon.. and do you know.. what's so special.. about these plants?
Actually.. there are two reasons... One is that.. they are one.. of the strongest plants.. in Azeroth.. they can even grow.. through stone! And the other.. reason is.. that they grow.. without much sunlight.. or water.. and do so.. very fast.. infact.. they will have.. reached you.. within three days..''
''Very scary! The only thing that can pain me is the light!''
''These plants.. will grow right.. through you.. through your face.. and eventually your brain.. these very lands.. shall consume your mind!''
''Furthermore.. I would stop.. talking as if.. someone will come.. to save you.. nobody goes here.. rumours have it.. there are whispers.. to be heard here.. from an old god perhaps..''
''No wonder you're creeping around here then! Are your little Twilight buddies hiding around here aswell?''
''You think.. you can get.. any answers.. about anything from me?''
''You already answered them and have removed all doubt from my mind.''
''Either way.. you will die.. unless you revoke that.. report of yours.. And I will.. not stop with.. your death.. I will simply.. capture a new.. Spine members.. and make him.. spread the word.. that you were insane.. when you wrote it.. due to some.. testing with mind.. expending herbs..''
''I shall never do as you ask!''
''How many lives.. is that report.. of yours worth? I'll give you.. enough time.. to think about it.. three days.. to be exact..''
The Admiral turns around and slowly walks away.
''YOU WILL GET NOTHING FROM ME, YOU BLOODY TRAITOR!''

Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:24 am

Josephus kneels down and places his hand on a large foot print; ''Too big for a regular Forsaken but too small for an abomination, and the form of it shows the crafts of a starting flesh crafter...
Damn it, Chloe, I can't help you now, even if I could track you down I know it would only make matters worse, you'll have to make through it yourself.. somehow.'
'

Still hanging from the hanging tree Chloe can only watch helplessly as the plant inches nearer to her face with each passing hour.
It's just her and the sounds of the wild, hope wanes as the days pass and the plant reaches her face, it tickles her eye sockets when finally a new sound emerges.
Cracking bones and a cane approach her
; ''I believe.. you've been given.. enough time.. to think about.. your decision, miss Nightdragon.''
''I finally understand why they fear you, you have no honor, no moral and you're hollow inside and you'll step over anyone, as you only care about yourself.''
''Now now.. I do not believe.. you should.. be insulting me.. as I may.. just aswell.. turn and leave.''
''But you won't. You need me, I will withdraw those documents for you.''
''Good.. good..'
' He mumbles some words in demonic whilst clenching a pocket full of trinkets and the plants burst into flames, they quickly turn into ashes. He grabs the pendant around her neck; ''Don't try.. anything funny.''
''You're speaking to someone who's magic has been drained for three days.
''
He unlocks the pendant and hides it in his pocket, he then begins loosening the ropes that bind her, she drops down onto the ashed floor beneath her.
''A pleasure.. doing business with you.. Miss Nightdragon.''

As he walks away from her he hears her yell at him; ''Wait, where am I?!''
He merely smirks as he leaves her to find her own way back.

Hours later she arrives in Brill, dirty and looking tired, even for a Forsaken.
Josephus notices her but instead of rushing to her aid, he runs away
''My anger will make it too obvious that I know what is going on, she is too smart, I should be happy that she returned alive.''
''I can't let him keep doing these things, but there's nothing I can do with all those people watching over him, for now all I can do is stick close to him, keep reporting as usual and hope for an opening.'
'
Back to top Go down
Josephus

Josephus

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:54 am

Months have passed and Josephus has been working for the Spine as he should.
Sometimes he would send letters to the Admiral, hoping it would be enough for him not to try and find him, he has been avoiding all contact since the last encounter.

He has stopped wearing anything the Admiral had given him, with the sword being the only exception as it was his to begin with.
If things stay like this it will be fine, there is no need to cause any problems.

Whilst on a normal scouting mission in Tirisfal he sees something.
Josephus raises his crossbow and loads up an arrow
; ''Who's there?''
No response.
''I asked, who's there?!'' He steps closer into the direction of the sound.
''In the name of the Royal Forsaken, I demand that you show yourself, right now!''
Still there's no response, so he steps even closer.
A fleeing blur escapes the bushes and he pulls the trigger.
A rabbit flops dead onto the ground, a bolt impales it's fragile body
''Ugh.. get it together, man.''
''Were you.. expecting someone else?''
A hazy voice appears behind him.

Josephus quickly turns, crossbow in hand.
''Now now.. that's no way.. to greet your boss.. is it?''
He lowers his crossbow, it's not even loaded anymore and there's no point in holding it up in hope to intimidate him.
''Why have... you been avoiding.. me so much? I thought you.. wished to learn.. from me.''
''I decided that there's nothing you can teach me that I want to know.''
''So you're now.. a full blown.. landlubber?''
''I might be.''
''You know.. that it's nonsense.. we pirates don't get.. to retire.. we don't get.. to live a nice.. life on the land.. our souls belong.. to the oceans.. no matter what.. our desires are..''
''Times have changed, nobody cares about my history as long as I don't bring it up.''
''That's not.. what I meant.. at all.. it is not.. the others who force.. you to the oceans.. it's you, yourself.''
''What makes you think I want to return? As I said, I've got a nice life here.''
''Because you're a pirate.. Now, come on.. we have to.. get you back.. on a ship.. I have a voyage planned.. in a day.. from now.''
''No.''

''No?'' The Admiral grins and even chuckles slightly.
''You cannot force me.''
''I don't.. have to. You know.. where you belong.. and you know.. I will be there.. and nothing goes by.. without me knowing it.. I'll be waiting.. there for you.. to train you.. just like you wanted.. So one day.. you can replace me.''

The Admiral turns around and whilst using his staff as a cane he slowly walks away.

Josephus waits for the Admiral to be completely gone.
He then continues his scouting mission.

''What a bunch of nonsense, I felt no reason to return to the sea, he is wrong.''
He finds himself in front of a pond, he looks down at his reflection and mutters the words; ''He must be..''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.   Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Josephus Darkwood, the apprentice.
Page 1 of 1